Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Futsal Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Futsal Question

Post by BoomerSooner on 11/23/2013, 10:24 am

Has anyone had any experience with letting their child play Futsal in the off season? If so, any feedback on their development would be helpful....would anyone recommend this over indoor?

BoomerSooner
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: Futsal Question

Post by soccerdadrandy on 11/23/2013, 11:18 am

BoomerSooner wrote:Has anyone had any experience with letting their child play Futsal in the off season? If so, any feedback on their development would be helpful....would anyone recommend this over indoor?

the main thing to consider is level of competition....if the best players will choose futsal, then follow. futsal is great for technical development. more of an opportunity to posses the ball (show off if you will). its about many many touches. either is an exciting quick brand of soccer so have fun.
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun on 11/23/2013, 11:54 am

I think it is a choice; both are good in that they offer the player a fun option to stay with the ball over the winter.
My personal choice for my DD is the traditional indoor not futsal. Why...

Surface is more like outdoor (except inwood which we will never do again)
biggest one for us is the ball stays in play in indoor which is part of the purpose and fun; verse futsal where it is out of bounds at least 50% of the time. These are not "professional futsal" players (nor dose she want to be) so the ball goes out; Slows the game down, less touches and honestly gets a bit boring.
The argument that "the wall" is a negative is phooy ! The players think about wall passes and use them as a tool to understand how to beat a player one on one. In outdoor they understand they do not have a wall and they get creative; answer, at least for us, is indoor teaches creativity.
Also due to numbers on a futsal verse indoor team, for futsal you end up breaking the team into multiple teams. At least for us we found it defeats a bit of being a team; promotes cliques a little bit and breaks verse builds team bonding. Indoor at 8 v 8 (for our age) allows the entire team to stay a team; we like that and felt it was important.
Every season after they play indoor the girls come out a little faster, a little quicker to the ball and the biggest is they had fun, indoor is different enough that it offers a fun alternative without moving too far away from the game.

Anyhow, both are good; after doing both we chose indoor and love it.
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 11/23/2013, 12:07 pm

soccer4fun wrote:I think it is a choice; both are good in that they offer the player a fun option to stay with the ball over the winter.
My personal choice for my DD is the traditional indoor not futsal. Why...

Surface is more like outdoor (except inwood which we will never do again)
biggest one for us is the ball stays in play in indoor which is part of the purpose and fun; verse futsal where it is out of bounds at least 50% of the time. These are not "professional futsal" players (nor dose she want to be) so the ball goes out; Slows the game down, less touches and honestly gets a bit boring.
The argument that "the wall" is a negative is phooy ! The players think about wall passes and use them as a tool to understand how to beat a player one on one. In outdoor they understand they do not have a wall and they get creative; answer, at least for us, is indoor teaches creativity.
Also due to numbers on a futsal verse indoor team, for futsal you end up breaking the team into multiple teams. At least for us we found it defeats a bit of being a team; promotes cliques a little bit and breaks verse builds team bonding. Indoor at 8 v 8 (for our age) allows the entire team to stay a team; we like that and felt it was important.
Every season after they play indoor the girls come out a little faster, a little quicker to the ball and the biggest is they had fun, indoor is different enough that it offers a fun alternative without moving too far away from the game.

Anyhow, both are good; after doing both we chose indoor and love it.
fair points! and i agree about the benefit of the wall. BEWARE, more and more indoor facilities are adding netting for walls THUS out of bounds WILL BE AN ISSUE bounce 
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback on 11/23/2013, 1:29 pm

I disagree. The wall is a disaster and incents a poor control style of play. If you want to prepare you son for kick and run north Texas kickball, then indoor is the way to go.

Futsal is a highly technical game and the incentives are to learn to keep the ball in play and to use every part of both feet.

You are right if you point out that this is rarely needed in Texas...but in the rest of the world speed of play and technique are valued.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 11/23/2013, 1:37 pm

[quote="Rightback"]I disagree. The wall is a disaster and incents a poor control style of play. If you want to prepare you son for kick and run north Texas kickball, then indoor is the way to go.

Futsal is a highly technical game and the incentives are to learn to keep the ball in play and to use every part of both feet.

You are right if you point out that this is rarely needed in Texas...but in the rest of the world speed of play and technique are valued. [/quot

my son is one of the top players in his age group and benefits from indoor and futsal lol. either should be played with an emphasis on keeping the ball in play. using a wall occasionally is fine. i guess the 10,000 hours my son has logged playing "wall ball" has hurt his possession abilities? i think not... but i say again, Rightback you do make some valid points bounce 
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 on 11/23/2013, 1:40 pm

To answer your question, futsal is the preferred option between the two for development. As was mentioned above by someone else if you want to just have fun as a team then indoor soccer is your best bet. True develpoment, go with futsal. See my previous posts for more information on the merits of futsal. Always make sure your kid is having fun though!
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum