Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic D2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classic D2

Post by bettagama on 10/20/2013, 10:12 am

Hey...new to the forum. I've been reading posts for a good while, but thought I'd take the plunge with a few questions.

What does everyone think about Classic D2? Was looking at the standings this morning and it looks like about 7 teams still in the thick of it (still early..ish, but first half almost done). I don't know much about that group, but are they playing good soccer? I remember a few from qualifying that seemed to be pretty decent. Who will get promoted, and will they make any noise in next year's D2? I know it's early, but getting tired of the obvious discussions... (i.e. can Premier compete with Castro, etc.).... I guess the same with Plano and Arlington. Seeing a few teams dominate. When you go back and look at the qualifying, NTX Strikers Blue (Plano) and FC Nationals (Arlington) just barely missed out.. are there any surprise teams that we could see challenging for Classic III next year?

bettagama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic D2

Post by Fanofson on 10/22/2013, 1:55 pm

I guess it depends on what "playing good soccer" means to you. Do the players make the same decisions and execute the same plays as players on Castro's team, nope probably not but from an entertainment perspective the D2 is probably a much more enjoyable experience unless you get excited by 9 to 0 throttlings. I believe 4 has been the greatest margin of victory. With a total of 30 matches so far there have been 7 draws and 12 decided by just 1 goal. Pretty exciting games.
I would say Liverpool St John at moment seems to be the team to beat but there really is not a lot of seperation between them and the rest of the field. Tonight there are a few interesting games to enjoy at Richland.

As it was discussed early summer, there really is not much seperation from the bottom half of D1 thru most of D2.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum