Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic U11 two horse race

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic U11 two horse race

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 3/16/2014, 10:10 am

Depending on the club, some 03B pre-academy players will not dual-roster with their (previous) 03b Classic League team, however there will be a stronger push by each club to maintain their Classic League positions and that will create additional opportunity for BB's that are younger or are still developing at the 03B level.

Castro is in a pickle because he has a strong team, but Solar is a big club and has two other 03B teams that will remain in D1 (Red (Bates) and Gold (Joy)) in addition to the 02B teams (Red (Stricker) and Chelsea (Crawford)) of which Red (Stricker) is a top 5. Castro and other Solar teams are more like a federation than the Evil Empire so while there may be a lot of political wrangling it would be realistic to suggest that the Solar teams will Dual-Roster and each coach will maintain autonomy over their team.

FCD is a toss up for Dual Roster because I believe that they are planning to either bail out of the local leagues in favor of an MLS specific league or they are going to treat us to some early recruits and prospects and become the Club that we "Love" to hate to play. We all know what the top 03B Top 5 FCD team can do by the massive size of their goal scoring this year, but in D1 02B it's Central Premier (Goncalves) and Premier (Pino) in the top 5 which presents a tougher situation for their 03B team's pre-academy aspirations.

It's probable that FCD will not dual roster, but I am not sure how that will shake out initially. FCD is the club to watch in Future as they already have a Professional Team and there are already a few examples of them actually signing their own "Club Developed" talent for the FC Dallas pro team.

DT South and DT have both fared well and since both are Top 5 teams in 03B D1 they are as good as it gets in the Evil Empire for their age. That being said, in the 02B category they will have to contend with DT South who is at the Top of the table in D1 and not showing any signs of slowing down. DT is the other D1 02B team and has seen a lot of individual player development in the second half of the 02B season which will make it difficult for 03B players trying to make the pre-academy. The dark lord is going to push for perfect results in Future (must win) and I think that it will be an interesting transition for those 03B players who currently play for Nipper. I don't think that DT will Dual Roster its pre-academy which will present a tough choice for the 03B players who like where they are and still want the coach that they currently have.

All pre-academy spots are up for grabs so it will be interesting to see if there is any movement of players from other Top 5 teams (AKA Odyssey) or other D1 teams (AKA Lightning) since they are both going to remain in D1 of Classic League and have performed consistently throughout the year.

As for Defections from the the big clubs (including Liverpool) read my spoiler alert.

*SPOILER ALERT*
The real SHOCKER is Andromeda with their announcement of a free fully funded academy. I think that this little stunt is "GENIUS" so you better tell your clubs and coaches to play nice with your BB's or they just might find themselves losing that talent to Andromeda FC.

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 3/16/2014, 10:57 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
All pre-academy spots are up for grabs so it will be interesting to see if there is any movement of players from other Top 5 teams (AKA Odyssey) or other D1 teams (AKA Lightning) since they are both going to remain in D1 of Classic League and have performed consistently throughout the year.

As for Defections from the the big clubs (including Liverpool) read my spoiler alert.

*SPOILER ALERT*
The real SHOCKER is Andromeda with their announcement of a free fully funded academy. I think that this little stunt is "GENIUS" so you better tell your clubs and coaches to play nice with your BB's or they just might find themselves losing that talent to Andromeda FC.
Yes, there's always a lot of movement during the PA years. Also, keep in mind that if your team doesn't have Pre-academy, you can always play Classic League with your team and Pre-academy with another club.
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/16/2014, 3:54 pm

Ibystander wrote: Also, keep in mind that if your team doesn't have Pre-academy, you can always play Classic League with your team and Pre-academy with another club.

Really? By that token, the DT kids who might not be allowed to dual roster with Texans could just play PA with the Texans and play CL with somebody else. Can't really see DT (or FCD or Solar) allowing that to happen....
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 3/16/2014, 7:41 pm

Number13 wrote:
Ibystander wrote: Also, keep in mind that if your team doesn't have Pre-academy, you can always play Classic League with your team and Pre-academy with another club.

Really?  By that token, the DT kids who might not be allowed to dual roster with Texans could just play PA with the Texans and play CL with somebody else.   Can't really see DT (or FCD or Solar) allowing that to happen....
No, the clubs that have PA probably won't sign off on that, but clubs like Liverpool, Odyssey, etc, just might.  What a Face 
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan on 3/16/2014, 8:33 pm

Hmmmmm.....

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 7:11 am

Ibystander wrote:
Number13 wrote:

Really?  By that token, the DT kids who might not be allowed to dual roster with Texans could just play PA with the Texans and play CL with somebody else.   Can't really see DT (or FCD or Solar) allowing that to happen....
No, the clubs that have PA probably won't sign off on that, but clubs like Liverpool, Odyssey, etc, just might.   What a Face 

Maybe I'm confused here.  I don't have any personal interest in this, but this seems implausible, even if allowed by the "rules".  It's got nothing to do with the non-PA club.   Ultimately a PA club would have to allow a kid to play on their PA team who was playing CL somewhere else.  Whether that be a "Texan" kid who made the Texans PA team...was told they won't dual roster and went to play CL elsewhere or a "Liverpool" kid who made the Texans PA team and still played CL with Liverpool.   Is that really ever gonna be happening at Solar, Texans, or FCD?   Hell, those 3 clubs are telling 8 year olds parents on non-PA clubs that they need to come join now or else they won't be able to play PA and thus their kid's soccer career will be doomed to a future of "non-eliteness".   People are very protective of their exclusivity, I would think you would have a frickin riot from the current club parents if you allowed the tourists to come and take your PA spots.  If it is currently happening, I'd be shocked.  

Andro might be desperate and a completely different deal, but there is a reason for that.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/17/2014, 8:45 am

it has happened in the past don't know if it would now. But the PA clubs aren't worried what that parents will think. Their membership into the elite club has been allowed at the sole discretion of the club. Most would do or accept almost anything to remain a part of it.
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 9:52 am

go99 wrote:it has happened in the past don't know if it would now.  But the PA clubs aren't worried what that parents will think.  Their membership into the elite club has been allowed at the sole discretion of the club.  Most would do or accept almost anything to remain a part of it.

Well, they aren't too concerned about pissing off those whose asses they currently own, but they are definitely concerned with convincing other parents that their way is the only true way to salvation.  Letting the unwashed heathen masses come and take PA spots isn't consistent with "OMG you gotta come to our club from day1 so you will be in line for a PA spot so you'll be in line for a DA spot so you'll be in line for a DIII scholarship to Shitsville State".  At some point, if you just let others freeload on the wagon, people are gonna realize that loyalty is a one-way street and all that matters is being good.  And its best for business to try to keep that under wraps. I could be wrong.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 3/17/2014, 10:16 am

Let's just hope the players that make all the Pre-Academy teams make it base on their quality and not bc daddy or mommy.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 3/17/2014, 11:51 am

urahater wrote:Let's just hope the players that make all the Pre-Academy teams make it base on their quality and not bc daddy or mommy.  
this yet to happen and it never will at least in ntx  Mad 
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 12:00 pm

urahater wrote:Let's just hope the players that make all the Pre-Academy teams make it base on their quality and not bc daddy or mommy.  

Not a PA thing....but I've seen more cases where kids get consideration based on their quality IN SPITE of mommy and daddy, than the other way around.  So if that shoe fits, take heart.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 3/17/2014, 12:29 pm

Number13 wrote:

Not a PA thing....but I've seen more cases where kids get consideration based on their quality IN SPITE of mommy and daddy, than the other way around.  So if that shoe fits, take heart.

you won't have that problem at Ody but I know 2 other clubs that will.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 3/17/2014, 12:31 pm

omega striker wrote:
this yet to happen and it never will at least in ntx  Mad 

Okay, you threw it out there so which clubs with PA and DA are the offenders and when was the last time it happened and in which age groups?
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 12:32 pm

urahater wrote:

We only take orphans at Odyssey.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 3/17/2014, 12:41 pm

Number13 wrote:
urahater wrote:

We only take orphans at Odyssey.  

LOL.

Good luck to you guys this weekend i see you guys have to play the evil empire.
We have a tough game also.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 12:59 pm

urahater wrote:

LOL.

Good luck to you guys this weekend i see you guys have to play the evil empire.
We have a tough game also.

Thanks.  We play a bunch of little 10-11 yr old kids who are probably pretty good at soccer.  Well, "we" is kind of a misnomer, as I don't get to play.   A shame really as I think I would be good enough to play for Castro's team.  Though I'd probably have to run laps for making fart noises and dismissive wanking gestures behind the coach's back.      

Good luck to you too, whomever you may be...

Season has gone largely as I expected...a lot of crappy games and a lot of shenanigans and far far more angst and OMG Select! than was ever warranted.  Take heed '04 parents.  Not that you will  Very Happy
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/17/2014, 12:59 pm

I am browsing a bit quickly through those posts, so sorry if I missed some stuff but here are a few remarks
-PA is not DA. Andro announced that DA will be free. I don't remember seeing anywhere that PA will be free. There is a good reason for that. DA is the real deal and it is sponsored by the USSF (so in other words the US National team). Because it is sponsored by USSF nothing is charged to the clubs because it is about soccer development and it is a tentative to discover and create better soccer players . For example ,the clubs don't have to pay the ref for the games and there is no league registration fee. So, that makes it easier for clubs to charge less or to charge nothing at all to the parents.
On the other end PA is like classic league. In other, cynical, words, it is just another bunch a people who found a way to make good money via soccer business. It was created to surf on the the DA name and fame (hence the confusing name) and squeezes itself in between the DA years.

-Here in that 03 thread we can only talk about PA since DA will only be available at U14 a universe from now in terms of development.

-PA is not classic league. There is no legal connection between those 2 entities. So, on paper everything is possible and indeed, you can imagine a kid playing for classic league 03 texans on saturday and playing for FCD PA team on sunday. Now that's obviously never going to happen. What can definitely happen though is that a kid from a non PA club can play with his club on saturday in classic league and then switch around and play for a PA club on sunday. He may even play once against some kids that he will play with the next day. I don't think it is really different from the double roster question, it is simply to the discretion of the 2 clubs and the 2 coaches (receiving and releasing).

All that being said, PA is great; kids play a much better soccer on much better fields with much more professional ref and they do benefit from better teammates and better coaching. If BB plays Classic league soccer, if BB is a player and if you as a family is dedicated to learning soccer I don't see any reason not to go PA and choose to stay in classic league.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan on 3/17/2014, 1:06 pm

I've read this board for at least 2 years now.
Just curious on how or why is the Texans referred to as the Evil Empire?

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/17/2014, 1:27 pm

Number13 wrote: Hell, those 3 clubs are telling 8 year olds parents on non-PA clubs that they need to come join now or else they won't be able to play PA and thus their kid's soccer career will be doomed to a future of "non-eliteness".   People are very protective of their exclusivity, I would think you would have a frickin riot from the current club parents if you allowed the tourists to come and take your PA spots.  If it is currently happening, I'd be shocked.  
You can't seriously believe what you wrote there !!?!? Because you play for the U8 texans you would feel entitle to play for the U12 pre-academy and then what ? their U16 academy ??
Please, tell me nobody can be that gullible !

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 1:39 pm

gababa wrote: You can't seriously believe what you wrote there !!?!? Because you play for the U8 texans you would feel entitle to play for the U12 pre-academy and then what ? their U16 academy ??

I can distinguish between silver and tinfoil wrapped around a turd, so it's got nothing to do with what I believe.

But absolutely, they are selling PA and DA to kids who are way younger than Select ages.   You are going to be coming here eventually anyhow, might as well get a headstart on it or you'll get left behind.   At least that has been my experience.   And frankly, I would expect nothing less.   Maybe your experience has been different, how much time have your kids spent at non-PA/DA clubs?

That all said, accusing people of being gullible in this environment is like handing out speeding tix at the Indy 500.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/17/2014, 2:49 pm

Number13 wrote:
gababa wrote: You can't seriously believe what you wrote there !!?!? Because you play for the U8 texans you would feel entitle to play for the U12 pre-academy and then what ? their U16 academy ??

I can distinguish between silver and tinfoil wrapped around a turd, so it's got nothing to do with what I believe.

But absolutely, they are selling PA and DA to kids who are way younger than Select ages.   You are going to be coming here eventually anyhow, might as well get a headstart on it or you'll get left behind.   At least that has been my experience.   And frankly, I would expect nothing less.   Maybe your experience has been different, how much time have your kids spent at non-PA/DA clubs?

That all said, accusing people of being gullible in this environment is like handing out speeding tix at the Indy 500.
I guess you are right. Still blows my mind though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 3:04 pm

Who needs logic? this is NTX youth soccer.

You guys looked really good this past weekend. Cheers.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/17/2014, 3:20 pm

they certianly are shopping it out and people are buying it up. I have been "educated" on many occasions about how my DD's team will have to leave their club now so they can get in a club that has ECNL (PA and DA for girls). Silly us, all we thought they had to do is learn to play soccer and excell. They only reason I would not do PA is that my coach was better than the coach of the PA. The most important thing is to learn how to play and improve yourself every season. Slapping a PA badge on a player wont make him better.
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/17/2014, 3:25 pm

People here will debate ad nauseum the things that NTX soccer lacks, but the one thing that there is no shortage of in NTX soccer is ambition. You appeal to ambition and you are gonna make some $.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 3/17/2014, 3:42 pm

and occasionally score some sweet soccer mom  Cool 
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 3/17/2014, 4:32 pm

go99 wrote:and occasionally score some sweet soccer mom  Cool 
 lol! 
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: