Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic U11 two horse race

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classic U11 two horse race

Post by British steel on 9/15/2013, 3:32 pm

After 3 weeks of U11 Classic D1 it is easy to predict that this will be a two horse race between FCD Premier and Solar Castro.

The followers, Odyssey, Lightning, DT Thornber, DT South and LP Trevino will remain in the U12 Race.

Liverpool teams still a mystery, hard to predict which of them could share the top category with LP Trevino. So far Toshack (league revelation) and Woodberry are leading the LP internal race.

On the fight for the top ten: Mexico, Solar Red, Cruz Azul. In this category my bet goes for Mexico.

With very limited possibilities; FCDallas South, Ayses, Sporting United, Juventus, FCD Figo and Solar Gold.
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic U11 two horse race

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2013, 5:50 pm

What leads you to believe it's a two horse race so early in the season? The FC Dallas win over the Texans is probably a one off and FC Dallas has not proven yet that they can beat Odyssey and it is highly unlikely that they will challenge Solar Castro just yet. DT South gave Castro a good fight and there is no reason to believe that they can't challenge either. The easy bet is Castro and then it's a toss up, but FC Dallas is good and played well against the Texans so I would reserve judgment until the others fall.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bates or Trevino or the Lightning pull off a top 5 upset. Some of the 6-10 teams have features that can exploit the weakness of any of the top 5 excluding Castro.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 9/15/2013, 9:03 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:What leads you to believe it's a two horse race so early in the season? The FC Dallas win over the Texans is probably a one off and FC Dallas has not proven yet that they can beat Odyssey and it is highly unlikely that they will challenge Solar Castro just yet. DT South gave Castro a good fight and there is no reason to believe that they can't challenge either. The easy bet is Castro and then it's a toss up, but FC Dallas is good and played well against the Texans so I would reserve judgment until the others fall.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bates or Trevino or the Lightning pull off a top 5 upset. Some of the 6-10 teams have features that can exploit the weakness of any of the top 5 excluding Castro.
....could be wrong but thought the most recent matches b/w those two went to FCD (and it wasn't even close)....but a new match...a new possibility for redemption. It should be a good match. cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/16/2013, 8:39 am

Maradona wrote: ....could be wrong but thought the most recent matches b/w those two went to FCD (and it wasn't even close)....but a new match...a new possibility for redemption. It should be a good match. cheers

Shrug.  The last two I can remember were Ody 4-2 in some tourney prior to Xmas and then FCD 3-1 in the Spring season.   As both teams led in both those games I don't think I would have classified either as "not even close" but then I'm reasonably subjective.   Maybe there were others.  If the game was kind of lopsided, its possible you were thinking about 3v3 or futsal.  Wink 

Whichever.  No doubt, FCD has proven that they can beat Odyssey in 11v11.  This next one may not be close, who knows, certainly all systematic advantages favor FCD and results would suggest they are playing very well.   Not aware of anyone who feels in need of redemption.   I mean I'm still kind of sorry about all those hobos and prostitutes I killed in the Northwest back in the 80s, but this is just 10 yr olds playing a game.   We all usually enjoy playing FCD win-or-lose as they seem like a well-grounded lot in general and have at least two friends on the team.  But that's just an opinion, and opinions can change the more people you meet.  

The whole thread is pretty funny.  Was the first poster just waiting for the highly conclusive FCD vs Juve and Castro vs Figo results to come in before proclaiming that the top two seeds were the top two teams?   Only to have the 2nd guy point out that the first seed is likely the top team?    In other news, sun reportedly setting in the West tonight.  

As for other table predictions, I would point out the DTS vs League Revelation score.  And that Bates seems a wee bit more likely to be ahead of Mexico then the other way around.  

Carry on.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 9/16/2013, 9:28 am

Number13 wrote:
Maradona wrote: ....could be wrong but thought the most recent matches b/w those two went to FCD (and it wasn't even close)....but a new match...a new possibility for redemption. It should be a good match. cheers
Shrug.  The last two I can remember were Ody 4-2 in some tourney prior to Xmas and then FCD 3-1 in the Spring season.   As both teams led in both those games I don't think I would have classified either as "not even close" but then I'm reasonably subjective.   Maybe there were others.  If the game was kind of lopsided, its possible you were thinking about 3v3 or futsal.  Wink 

Whichever.  No doubt, FCD has proven that they can beat Odyssey in 11v11.  This next one may not be close, who knows, certainly all systematic advantages favor FCD and results would suggest they are playing very well.   Not aware of anyone who feels in need of redemption.   I mean I'm still kind of sorry about all those hobos and prostitutes I killed in the Northwest back in the 80s, but this is just 10 yr olds playing a game.   We all usually enjoy playing FCD win-or-lose as they seem like a well-grounded lot in general and have at least two friends on the team.  But that's just an opinion, and opinions can change the more people you meet.  

The whole thread is pretty funny.  Was the first poster just waiting for the highly conclusive FCD vs Juve and Castro vs Figo results to come in before proclaiming that the top two seeds were the top two teams?   Only to have the 2nd guy point out that the first seed is likely the top team?    In other news, sun reportedly setting in the West tonight.  

As for other table predictions, I would point out the DTS vs League Revelation score.  And that Bates seems a wee bit more likely to be ahead of Mexico then the other way around.  

Carry on.

No futsal or 3 vs 3. The ones I was thinking of were the Primetime league results for the last two seasons prior to Select. Spring season's was 3-1 (FCD) as you point out and can't remember what the result in the Fall (2012) was but it also went FCD's way. Shrug back. All subjective results but underlying point was to elaborate on the "FCD has NOT proven to beat Odyssey" point that poster was making.

Good luck to both teams....from a different thread, it sounds like FCD will be without their coach? Paddy should be able to take advantage of that. cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky2 on 9/16/2013, 11:56 am

Is Paddy playing in the game?
chucky2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 9/16/2013, 12:34 pm

Did FCD coach get further penalized from what happened Saturday against DTS02? What is normal protocol when a coach gets ejected? Ody and FCD have always been a competitive matches. Both have seen good days and bad days, and they both have added a few new elements to improve their respective teams so it will be nice to see this game. With 10 and 11 year kids anything can happen on any given weekend within the top 4-6 clubs, and by the end of the Fall Season there will probably be another 2-3 who might be able to give those teams a run for their money...
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/16/2013, 4:36 pm

skillzski wrote:Did FCD coach get further penalized from what happened Saturday against DTS02? What is normal protocol when a coach gets ejected? Ody and FCD have always been a competitive matches. Both have seen good days and bad days, and they both have added a few new elements to improve their respective teams so it will be nice to see this game. With 10 and 11 year kids anything can happen on any given weekend within the top 4-6 clubs, and by the end of the Fall Season there will probably be another 2-3 who might be able to give those teams a run for their money...
If a non-player gets a red, they sit out the next game for that age group.  Automatically.  If the offense is deemed worthy of a disciplinary hearing, then they could get more.  I have no idea what the standard is for a Pink Floyd the Wall-style tribunal, but I doubt they performed one on the spot, so my guess is that as of this AM the coach can attend his U11, but not his U12, game.

Chucky: I don't think Paddy will play many minutes for Ody on Saturday.  He is fiesty but not really match-fit.  Plus he raises the average age of the team to like U21, so that is problematic unless we can find his cousin's birth certificate.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel on 9/16/2013, 4:48 pm

Number13 wrote:
skillzski wrote:Did FCD coach get further penalized from what happened Saturday against DTS02? What is normal protocol when a coach gets ejected? Ody and FCD have always been a competitive matches. Both have seen good days and bad days, and they both have added a few new elements to improve their respective teams so it will be nice to see this game. With 10 and 11 year kids anything can happen on any given weekend within the top 4-6 clubs, and by the end of the Fall Season there will probably be another 2-3 who might be able to give those teams a run for their money...
If a non-player gets a red, they sit out the next game for that age group.  Automatically.  If the offense is deemed worthy of a disciplinary hearing, then they could get more.  I have no idea what the standard is for a Pink Floyd the Wall-style tribunal, but I doubt they performed one on the spot, so my guess is that as of this AM the coach can attend his U11, but not his U12, game.

Chucky:  I don't think Paddy will play many minutes for Ody on Saturday.  He is fiesty but not really match-fit.  Plus he raises the average age of the team to like U21, so that is problematic unless we can find his cousin's birth certificate.
Who's Paddy?
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/16/2013, 5:03 pm

worldcup2014 wrote: Who's Paddy?
Odyssey star player. Irish import of Venezuelan descent. Real name Carlos Patrick Illyich Ramirez de Gallagher. Rumoured to be overage.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky2 on 9/16/2013, 5:41 pm

Great question WorldCup........ You may want to do more homework on your horse selections before placing your bet.
chucky2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 9/16/2013, 5:55 pm

Number13 wrote:
worldcup2014 wrote: Who's Paddy?
Odyssey star player.  Irish import of Venezuelan descent.  Real name Carlos Patrick Illyich Ramirez de Gallagher.   Rumoured to be overage.  
He is also one of the most mello "players" I have been around.

All kidding aside, every team mentioned should be commended for where they are and the fact they are being talked about.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel on 9/16/2013, 9:46 pm

chucky2 wrote:Great question WorldCup........ You may want to do more homework on your horse selections before placing your bet.
I am chunky, I am, research the Internet is a way to do the hw and at some point have a Ph. D in U11 soccer just as you. P.S. My bet is still there, FCD Premier is playing pure soccer, even if they need to face Mello players.
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB on 9/16/2013, 9:57 pm

worldcup2014 wrote:
Number13 wrote:

Chucky:  I don't think Paddy will play many minutes for Ody on Saturday.  He is fiesty but not really match-fit.  Plus he raises the average age of the team to like U21, so that is problematic unless we can find his cousin's birth certificate.
Who's Paddy?
That question should eliminate you from posting in the 03 forum ever again. Your attempt at becoming the 03 savant has just come to an end.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 9/16/2013, 11:25 pm

Agree Cinco B -Paddy is legendary....
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 9/16/2013, 11:43 pm

One last thought here...I would not bet against any top 03 team living between the top 5-6 spots on any given day. One off day by one team, and one on day by another, could be all it takes to pull off a victory..
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky2 on 9/17/2013, 2:22 pm

Good News World Cup the first part is to admit the Problem. Now that you have admitted you are Chunky I would suggest getting away from the computer, Stop making prediction's after week 3 of a 20 week season and get out and exercise. I bet by the mid point you will be able to stop saying you are Chunky. You may even be able to add enough Horses to the race to at least allow others to at least try the Trifecta.

The even better news is that you have already learned so much. Prior to the start of Classic league you were asking how a team qualifies for Division 1. Then you thought Snell was still coaching. Now look at you able to pick winners 3 weeks later for the entire season. I agree a PHD is in your very near future.
chucky2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky2 on 9/17/2013, 2:27 pm

I would be remised If I forgot to agree with you That FCD Premier is a really talented team.

As far as the "pure" adjective to describe them I am still up in the air. Pure Cocaine is excellent they say. However Crack although not Pure can still provide excellent results.
chucky2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateChop on 9/21/2013, 3:09 pm

Which team will have the most cards this season...
KarateChop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel on 9/21/2013, 9:20 pm

[
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 9/26/2013, 2:23 pm

worldcup2014 wrote:[
WC2014,
After week 4 of a 19 (not 20 drunken ) week season...you continue to be right on. Time will tell. Good luck to all.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jataca on 9/26/2013, 2:48 pm

long way to go in the season...yes, time will tell.  But, did the Texans actually show up to play their game against Castro?  Goodness.

jataca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel on 9/26/2013, 3:57 pm

Maradona wrote:
worldcup2014 wrote:[
WC2014,
After week 4 of a 19 (not 20 drunken ) week season...you continue to be right on. Time will tell. Good luck to all.
Mano de Dios; if you see all the controversy that my post caused just for bring some predictions to the table, and the soccer (and drugs) gurus disapproved it, I do not why? is clear, it will be two teams leading the season.
You can see post like:..."FC Dallas has not proven yet that they can beat Odyssey"....well, now it is proved. FCD Premier 5 Odyssey 2
I am just waiting for that game (FCDP VS SC)to see who is going to be number one and besides that, it will be more interesting to see the fight for 3-10 spots.

For now, I am leaving this forum to let the soccer and unrelated topics experts expand all their wisdom...
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky2 on 9/26/2013, 5:36 pm

Bye.
chucky2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/27/2013, 8:10 am

I understand why there is a disconnect with World Cup regarding this topic. When I say a team has decidedly won over another, I am not using a single variable to make that decision. Por Ejemplo, FC Dallas didn't decisively beat the Texans or Odyssey and frankly they played the boot and run against a Texan team that played a 3-5-2 formation. This is one example of what is considered when discussing the elites. Ask an Odyssey fan about their FC Dallas game and you will find that they had a similar situation.

Now contrast that with Castro and you will see why it's always been a one horse race and why posters are slightly irritated by any notion beyond that.  FC Dallas is good, but Castro is Great and there is no challenge for this team in the 03 division for this 2013/2014 season. I realize that many are excited for FC Dallas and they have added a few players who are contributing to the team and I wish them the best.

As it stands today, Castro is #1 and the other top 4 teams are not #1. FC Dallas can easily lose to the other 3 on any given day or situation. Until you analyze the entire picture and Consider the variables of each game it will be difficult to put much credence into your prediction or statement regarding the elites.

I would be happy to offer more examples of how my decisions are made and conclusions reached if you would like to continue and I think it is good to have a healthy and positive discussion about the CCSAI 03B D1freshman.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum