Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D1 - Quality vs Quantity

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: D1 - Quality vs Quantity

Post by go99 on 8/16/2013, 11:20 am

you could certianly recognize a Barcelona youth team or an Ajax one because they are clubs. Doubt you could do it hear in NTX because they are all just teams collected under the same jersey. There is no philosophy, no point of view. Just construct a team to win as many games as possible. Run a practice by cycling thru the few drills that you now. There are good coaches here but clubs?

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit on 8/16/2013, 12:01 pm

The Boss wrote:
plantit wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Soccernovice wrote:Axxman:

Answer

Club Name:  AYSES Soccer Club

AYSES stands for Advanced Youth Soccer Education System.  The club has good intentions has been around over 10 years and has a published soccer philosophy they strive to follow (academy and select coaches and coaching director).

Hope that helps you out.
Where do I sign?

For the record and in all seriousness, I am a fan of the Ayses coaching and what they are trying to accomplish.  Their location however does not help their cause.
hold on there a second bro this dude talks about how ayses does this and that at older ages but against who? at that age(U15-U19) all the top players are either academy or other sports those top d1 classic league teams are all watered down big time with kids that played ppl or rec all the way from u10 until then and thats because of the "real" top players leaving, so yea i could see how they look good against those teams then but how does those teams do at U15 and below now thats the question? oh wait its a 6 to 7 year learning process along with a drop in the level of competition that goes along with it Rolling Eyes   
Hold on there ya butt sniffin koolaid drinker . ALOT , ALOT, ALOT  of kids as well as parents have said go F yourself to ACADEMY . Many have left the ranks of the sainted ACADEMY , to just play and have fun . These players are a hellava  lot better then the ones who stayed around trying to live the DREAM IE bullshit that is ACADEMY. At the end of the day the special players have already been IDENTIFIED.  They are playing at the national level. You my friend are the problem . You think the level or the team defines the talent . I've seen kids with bricks for feet that are tall or big/Fast that they move to ACADEMY . Haven't you figured out that the clubs use it as a tool to pilfer other clubs . It's like watching a square peg trying to be driven into a round hole. PULEEZZ don't try to be another brain washing bullshitting academy supporter.
whooaa slow your roll is this another episode of pot meets kettle? it doesnt seem that long ago you were captain koolaid swinging from your boy figos nuts remember those days? Rolling Eyes  then what happened? you two had an ugly divorce i guess? but yet you just got to drink somebodys kool aid so typically you went for the fcds best team premier who i hear you constantly complain about the coach yet never leave? why people might ask? because they carry the "top team" logo although central is the better team in the d1 ranks but since the spring fcd youth lopez has proven themselves the top team in the 99 age group and hell their in d2! Razz      and i dont know why your bashing the academy program you have had your son out at tryots the last two years so it must be bitterness your spouting off on here? so what does that make you a closet kool aid drinker drunken  please before you start pointing fingers about whos a problem or what the problem look in the mirror and start off pointing there first you will find your answer staring back at you Rolling Eyes 

and just to clarify im totally happy with my sons texans team south of the border and he has been dual rostered but i really didnt see any benefit but our coach told me it wasnt his call, as long as it doesnt cost me anything i guess ill just wait and watch but i have told them no full time academy for us so just to clarify i too dont think academy has all the best players just pointing out to mr. ayses poster boy that he is basically trying to hustle the generic version kool aid lol! 

I agree with some of your thoughts . Lopez is a great example . Central is good if they could keep their players out of juvy detention.

Now lets start by getting your facts straight . The only reason I stay with premier is because of the coach. My kid went to the first year ACADEMY tryout because we were asked by that said coach, We were asked by the higher power but when we learned of the schooling transfer , we were out. The second year it was disguised as a mandatory practice due to the low turnout FCD was getting , they didn't have enough to run a proper practice .Again the 99's were asked but we NEVER attended a practice until we showed up on a Saturday thinking we were going to our practice and it ended up being a ACADEMY tryout. THOSE ARE THE FACTS JACK!

Still think Figo's a good teacher just a unorganized coach. My kid has played for 1 club FCD and 3 coaches FIGO, Pino, Clem in 6 years so I don't chase glory as you would elude to. What do you think the %'s are of staying with the same club and team for most in NTX ,I would venture to guess pretty low. I look in the mirror and I see a team that ended 6th and I'm still here .So as YODA would say " PROBLEM I'M NOT"
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/16/2013, 12:09 pm

Although mystery is a common element in youth soccer matches, Galaxy U-18 coach Alex Yi is quite familiar with the Texans industrious style of play.

“They’re a very good club. We know Dallas Texans pretty well. I lived in Dallas for a couple of years and watched a lot of David Hudgell’s teams,” said the former FC Dallas defender. “His teams are very respected and have a very particular style of play. Also, they’ll be playing in front of their families and fans, so that will be a tough one.”

As for that "particular style of play," Yi describes it in just two words “very physical.”

“They will like to hit long balls into channels where they will have big athletic guys who will run down balls, second balls, pick them up and go from there. For us, it’s about being in a good starting position defensively and dealing with those first and second balls,” said Yi. “Also, keeping possession of the ball and not letting them find a rhythm. They’re a team that once they have the rhythm, they could really punish you. It’s about being very disciplined and clean on set pieces.”

Hmmm....What style of play would that sound like?
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/16/2013, 3:49 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
You can't possibly be thinking about ... quickball ? Can you ?
And that's it, that's go99's answer, he was looking for a club with its own style of play. Go, here you have it.

Last edited by gababa on 8/16/2013, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity on 8/16/2013, 3:52 pm

I thought they called it "direct ball?" Arrow 
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 8/16/2013, 3:57 pm

Maradona wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Maradona wrote:
finish1 wrote:PYL, kudos for your ability to type comments with political precision. Very nice.

Too bad you are unable to define a style of play for top clubs in NTX.

I agree with your progression of development from youth academy through developmental academy. Unfortunately, the soccer reality is far from the laboratory environment you describe.

Competitive soccer in NTX is all about winning now, from the smallest of players to the oldest. Parents demand it and clubs feed off it. Somewhere in the mix, a few dads have figured out a way to walk their bbs all the way through the system (including coaching PA).

I'm not a newbie or naïve. I don't claim to be an expert, just have opinions based on lots of experiences.

Finish,
You mean dads coaching PA? scratch
solar U15 pre academy team is who he was refering to im sure scratch
Coach Ray DeLeon wouldn't do that.....right? cheers 
And may be doing it again...
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 8/16/2013, 6:34 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I thought they called it "direct ball?"  Arrow 
I thought it was called "north texas long ball" Laughing 
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 8/16/2013, 6:47 pm

or the ever popular through ball to BFS.

PLF, I believe you got it right.

I love you 
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 8/16/2013, 8:43 pm

gababa wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
You can't possibly be thinking about ... quickball ? Can you ?
And that's it, that's go99's answer, he was looking for a club with its own style of play. Go, here you have it.
I was trying to be generous and hoping that not every texas coach played the same BS soccer But if they do that certianly qualifies as a style of play. If that is the case certianly doesn't say much about all of those parents there
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum