Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Anyone playing SSDL this fall with 03's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone playing SSDL this fall with 03's?

Post by jocoop on 7/3/2013, 8:14 am

Hi, I have 7-9 kids that I may try to take to SSDL if they make a league. I have a squad of 15-16 I am taking to PPL. I saw SSDL had U11s in the spring which his encouraging. Is anyone else out there thinking of playing SSDL? I hate that the perception of small sided is not as good here... Any other small sided leagues out in Plano/ Allen/Frisco if SSDL doesnt make this fall? Thinking DSC maybe.. Blue Sky likely wont have enough to make a U11 league...
jocoop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone playing SSDL this fall with 03's?

Post by tequilaz on 7/3/2013, 10:43 am

My son played SSDL last season. It is actually a better game experience than 11v11. It's fast, like Futsal but on grass with a soccer ball and a very small goal. All kids should play this format until they are around 13. But leave it to the North Texas $$$ machine to force everyone onto the big fields where the touches are few and where most clubs are just playing kickball.

I recommend you play up to the 02 level to get a real challenge. You may not take 1st, but your kids will learn a lot more the 11v11 format at his age. I also found many "Select Club" teams were playing SSDL with their core squad to get more games in.

Good Luck

tequilaz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jocoop on 7/3/2013, 3:33 pm

tequilaz wrote:My son played SSDL last season. It is actually a better game experience than 11v11. It's fast, like Futsal but on grass with a soccer ball and a very small goal. All kids should play this format until they are around 13. But leave it to the North Texas $$$ machine to force everyone onto the big fields where the touches are few and where most clubs are just playing kickball.

I recommend you play up to the 02 level to get a real challenge. You may not take 1st, but your kids will learn a lot more the 11v11 format at his age.  I also found many "Select Club" teams were playing SSDL with their core squad to get more games in.

Good Luck

Thanks much, appreciate the similar thinking. I will definitly keep the idea of playing 02 open, I just want to make sure this crew has a good home this fall to develop, and hoping at least 4-5 teams minimum are playing this fall.
jocoop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum