Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar Castro - When will the fun end?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Castro - When will the fun end?

Post by PatsDad on 6/12/2013, 8:01 am

Our fees and coach pay is basically the way you described It. Our Dallas trip was all out of pocket. We also are responsible for the coaches per diem on these long trips. So this would be on top of that $1650.

Last edited by PatsDad on 6/12/2013, 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 6/12/2013, 8:13 am

PatsDad wrote:Our fees and coach pay is basically the way you described It. Our Dallas trip was all out of pocket. We also are responsible for the coaches per diem on these long trips.

Right.  I hope you guys gave him enough $ for beer and steak.  Was just pointing out that in the course of a year we (like you guys with this trip) can end up spending a LOT more than what we just pay to the club.  Hell, I know some folks who are going to Gotha/Dania Cup this summer (but they are nuts).   The first $1650 is just the price of the appetizer.  Very Happy

Thanks for coming out to the tourney and congrats on making the final.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 on 6/12/2013, 8:29 am

PatsDad wrote:Our player contract has been there since U8, it's always the same.Year to Year.  As for fees they have risen slowly every year and is different for every club. Our club is not the most expensive but is not the cheapest, we pay $1650 for the year. You may have other costs for Uniform, extra tourney, friendly game ref fees. I know our club does a great job when some families need financial assistance. Now that Galaxy is getting more involved things are starting to change a little. Galaxy is free, but the turnover there is very high!!! It's not because these kids aren't good anymore, it's because they want your kid for 2 years so they can hold there home grown rights until they're 22. They want to hold as mony Homegrowns rights as possible. That's been the talk here how many players galaxy turns over..
Just wondering...does that $1650 go up when the kiddo hits select?  The big jump here is between that U10 (academy) and U11 select.  Then it doubles plus.

dadof3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/12/2013, 8:37 am

My son started in club at 5, the fees were $800 then. At U9 we got to $1250. From what I understand our fees will slowly go up. i have some friends that have a 14 year old son and they pay 2k. Some clubs have you pay $1850 plus a $500 team fee/ used for tourneys. My daughter is ecnl going u15 and her fees are almost 3k plus travel cost. Luckily my other kids don't play soccer Smile
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbeleza on 3/30/2016, 12:47 pm

The fun is still going! Solar 03 boys won the Dallas Cup as ost of you whiners on here know already! Ahabahaha

Mbeleza
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 3/30/2016, 2:33 pm

Castro's team will be the new Solar team that replaces Passos's red machine after next year.
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasFutbol on 3/30/2016, 3:34 pm

Not to take anything away form Castro 03 as they are a good team with a committed coach. But next year NTX teams that make the DC will be playing one year up against Intl. teams that have been playing age pure all along.

TexasFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbeleza on 3/30/2016, 3:41 pm

Such a genius. Check their schedule before you write.

Mbeleza
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by GotNoGame on 3/30/2016, 3:44 pm

Absolutely not to take anything away from Castro 03, either, but the Castro team that just won the DC wasn't technically Castro's 03 team. Castro's 03 team is Solar 03B Gold, the team that is currently ranked no. 1 in CL D1 - awesome team, as well - but the team that just won the DC is actually Castro's 02 PA team. They've been very good for a long time, and they're the team that most people on this forum know. Just clearing up any potential confusion.

GotNoGame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/30/2016, 3:50 pm

TexasFutbol wrote:Not to take anything away form Castro 03 as they are a good team with a committed coach. But next year NTX teams that make the DC will be playing one year up against Intl. teams that have been playing age pure all along.

Confused.  Won't all of the NTX teams also be age pure?   Yes, they won't have been doing it along and thus may be misaligned somewhat.   But nobody is going to be playing a year up in DC.

One might suspect the bulk of the Castro 03 team will likely be forming a major portion of the Solar (or Texans or Solar or Texans or Solar or Texans or Solar) U14DA team next team.   Which will probably be pretty good, but probably not best in the country sort of good.  Without a lot of Spring 02s.   Cause that is how being older/bigger works.   Maybe.  

I'm sure the PA/DA teams will be happy to finally not be playing half a year up as a group in DC.   But the kids born in the Fall are gonna be playing half a year up everywhere next year.  

I might go ask the parents of the Solar Gold team which team is Castro's 03 team. Very Happy

I don't know, I'm not a genius.  Unless things like IQ scores count.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbeleza on 3/30/2016, 6:33 pm

Well, both teams will be Castro 02' next year or DA14 and 02'. Point is, DA 14 boys have been playing boys a year or more above there age for a long time now. That was my point. Having a high iq is great but you can still be a dumbass or speaking with ignorance anyway. Why bring up iq anyway? Is this strong intelligence reference compensating for a lack somewhere else? Ahahaha

Mbeleza
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/30/2016, 8:31 pm

Ha.  Yep, ya got me.   Compensating for a lack of patience with others, mostly.    

Like you say, most of those kids on the DC winning team played the bulk of their/there season against 02BY kids.   Well plus some Fall 01 BY kids in PPL.   And I don't know any details, but I'm sure it was a good developmental experience for most.   Point being, nobody has to guess how this group of kids would fare in a high level Jan-Dec 02 environment.   Cause they already did it.    Being younger is hard, this year and next year, even if you are the absolute best team in the Aug-July environment.   As I would guess that team is.   Hard is probably good.  But hard may not involve as many trophies.   Which was basically all that the original guy was saying, and I would think most would tend to agree.    

One would suspect that group of kids will probably change composition and try to adapt.   Best of luck.

Last edited by Number13 on 3/30/2016, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 3/30/2016, 8:48 pm

They have been playing well in TEPAL, but the early 02 size difference has been challenging for them and they still look pretty small in PA.

The early advantage is going to help them a lot when the 03/02 players catch up physically in the next year or so and then we will see Castro climb higher in the table if they stay intact.

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside on 3/30/2016, 11:24 pm

GotNoGame wrote:Absolutely not to take anything away from Castro 03, either, but the Castro team that just won the DC wasn't technically Castro's 03 team.  Castro's 03 team is Solar 03B Gold, the team that is currently ranked no. 1 in CL D1 - awesome team, as well - but the team that just won the DC is actually Castro's 02 PA team. They've been very good for a long time, and they're the team that most people on this forum know. Just clearing up any potential confusion.

PA teams should appear as PA on the DC list which would have had them playing up in U14 per DC tourn rules, not U13 so they must have entered as a non-PA team....how about that for even more confusion...but not taking away from the great team that they are.

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 3/31/2016, 2:29 am

Offside wrote:
GotNoGame wrote:Absolutely not to take anything away from Castro 03, either, but the Castro team that just won the DC wasn't technically Castro's 03 team.  Castro's 03 team is Solar 03B Gold, the team that is currently ranked no. 1 in CL D1 - awesome team, as well - but the team that just won the DC is actually Castro's 02 PA team. They've been very good for a long time, and they're the team that most people on this forum know. Just clearing up any potential confusion.

PA teams should appear as PA on the DC list which would have had them playing up in U14 per DC tourn rules, not U13 so they must have entered as a non-PA team....how about that for even more confusion...but not taking away from the great team that they are.

I am not going for that...this team has been treated so poorly and robbed of their accomplishments and yet they continue to endure and overcome each obstacle placed in their path.

I am calling total BS on the older players and skewed rosters that they had to battle to reach their goals so don't diminish their efforts by saying they didn't deserve to be in a U13 division full of 14 y/o plus players.

I watch them battle the older players without complaint or excuse so kindly afford them the hard fought victory they earned in the Dallas Cup.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/31/2016, 9:02 am

Offside wrote:

Like you said, they didn't play as the PA team which would have been U14.  They played as the PPL team.   A couple of kids aside, just semantics.  

I don't think anyone treating them poorly, either by discussing exactly what team won the DC or by discussing the widely held opinion that its harder to play against older kids.  They are the best U13 school-year team that I have seen based on DC, as they were the best U11 or U12 one that I have seen prior based on Supercopa.   They set themselves up as primarily an Aug02-July03 team in PA, which made for a tougher 02BY campaign, but allowed for things like DC and perhaps Nationals or whatever as a school-year team with largely the same roster.  

If somebody (dumbass, genius, telecom inventor, team parent, coach, anybody) was projecting forward to next year, one might assume that this group's results would be more like their 02BY results than their school-year results.   Assuming the same general player group.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 3/31/2016, 9:38 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/dallascup/status/713710933537763328

Here's what was posted prior to the final for the DC on the Dallas Cup Twitter account...so there's the breakdown for anyone curious...

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 3/31/2016, 9:52 am

muc03b wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/dallascup/status/713710933537763328

Here's what was posted prior to the final for the DC on the Dallas Cup Twitter account...so there's the breakdown for anyone curious...

Did I read that right that 8 of the Tigres starting 11 were born in 2003? That is pretty impressive if so and that team will be great if Mexico also goes to age pure.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 3/31/2016, 10:31 am

sprint wrote:
Did I read that right that 8 of the Tigres starting 11 were born in 2003? That is pretty impressive if so and that team will be great if Mexico also goes to age pure.

Who knows? They gotta be able to come back and play in the same bracket, next year, lol. I'd like to know what they're feeding them in Mexico.
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 3/31/2016, 10:50 am

Offside wrote:

DC rules on classification are for oldest boy on the roster. If a DA U16 team's oldest boy is born in Aug. 99 then they could legitimately qualify for U16 and not U17.

Age Groups for Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXVII

Super Group: Male players born August 1, 1996 & later
U19: Male players born August 1, 1996 & later
U17: Male players born August 1, 1998 & later
U16: Male players born August 1. 1999 & later
U15: Male players born August 1, 2000 & later
U14: Male players born August 1, 2001 & later
U13: Male players born August 1, 2002 & later

So, it begs the question will DC for next year change to AP or keep it Aug-July?

The U19's could have kids Aug 1, 1997 or Jan. 1998. There were several foreign boys born in the fall of 1997 expecting to be back next year.

earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/31/2016, 10:58 am

Um...yeah....wow.    It looked like 9 of 11 Tigres starters were 03s to me on that list.   But at least #2 and #4 were listed as 02s, that would have been a bit too Danny Almonte ridonkulous.

How can DC not go by birth year?

They had pretty specific rules for PA/DA teams this year.

US Club Soccer Pre-Academy Teams: The Dallas Metro Area U13, U14 and U15 Pre-Academy teams can qualify by winning one of the designated Qualifying Tournaments mentioned above. If a Pre-Academy team wins either of the designated Qualifying Tournaments, the team will play in the U14, U15 and U16 Dallas Cup age groups respectively, as the Pre-Academy teams are formed on a January 1st basis.

Dallas Metro Area USSF Development Academy U17/18, U15/16 and U13/14 teams will qualify automatically in the Dallas Cup U19, U17 and U15 age groups respectively.

The U13 winners won a qualifier, but not as a PA team. As a PPL U13 team.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 3/31/2016, 11:00 am

For the live broadcast the announcer made a funny comment when the center back for Tigres took a free kick and said "I'd like to see that kids papers because he looks like he is 18". Found that humorous on a live broadcast. That team played more the 02/01 with soccer IQ and hard to believe that so many of the kids were 03. Also heard that a handful of their players guest played from NTX D2 teams from Garland and Mesquite to complete their roster.
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/31/2016, 11:14 am

I watched Tigres play Golden State and the center back smacked the crossbar with a line drive free kick into the 25mph wind...from midfield.    Um..yikes.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbeleza on 3/31/2016, 1:36 pm

You can't figure out how? I thought there were geniuses on here with high iqs! Ahabaha...can't figure Ut out? Ahahahah...figure this out! Dallas Cup baby! Boo Ya! Scoreboard. The era ain't ending! It's just beginning!

Mbeleza
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 3/31/2016, 1:59 pm

Mbeleza, congratulations on the win.  Regardless of all the age stuff, it truly is an accomplishment - seriously. How many minutes did you play in the tournament?   Based on you pointing to the "scoreboard," I am guessing you are on the team, not just a parent taking credit for the victory and living vicariously through your child.  I mean, after all, that never happens in North Texas.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mbeleza on 3/31/2016, 2:07 pm

Ouch! High iq stuff...yes a win for all the parents who practice as much as they do and have to drive etc..they are committed and part of the team. Maybe I am a parent? Maybe I'm not. Ohhhhh....ahahhahaah

Mbeleza
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum