Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar Castro - When will the fun end?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Castro - When will the fun end?

Post by Guest on 6/9/2013, 11:29 pm

Fctillidie wrote: FC Dallas premier 03 plays a much better style of soccer then this solar team. They are way more technically sound, and play a possession build up style of soccer. The way we should be teaching are little ones how to play. Just cause they don't win every tournament or every game doesn't mean they aren't the best team. Solar wins cause they are very very aggressive, athletic, and their boys play with a lot of heart. Or out of fear of what their coach will tell them. But all that doesn't last very long, just look at castros history, never has had a top team at the older ages. These are all just facts, you can look it up. Laughing

In that tournament FCD won 2 games and lost 2. They beat miami strike force that ends up loosing their quarter final 4 to 1 in the silver bracket and they beat blitz united that ended up loosing their quarter final 5 -0 in the bronze bracket. ...Not sure I called that impressive !
Also last time FCD played Castro, Castro won 5-0. Not too great either.
Seems that FCD is very good a winning the easy game but the team may be missing something somewhere. What can it be ?

Regarding Castro's record and history, what are the fact that you are referring to ? The fact that his 98 team finishes 2nd in d1 behind fcd, qualified for Regional, premier league and super premier league ? The fact that a few years back he was the only team to beat the "legendary" Solar 98 team in the final of the state cup ?

Another point to consider, how is FCD building their teams later on ? Are they developing their players or are they just able to choose from a very very large group of players that comes to them or that they go find in other states (see the academy teams) ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside on 6/9/2013, 11:40 pm

Gab's facts are right. He also had top 3 to top 5 D1 '96 and '97's when he coached for FCD

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie on 6/9/2013, 11:50 pm

Well first, FC Dallas premier 03 is missing some things right now. They are not the most athletic team, and yes they do struggle when they play very aggressive athletic teams. But how long do you really think that is gonna last?? Typical north Texas parent, you would rather have the results right now at U10, then learning to play the proper way, by have the little guys working on their touch, possession, learning to build up the play from the back, etc......the things that we see missing so much in our older players, but we complain when we loose to Belgium, or how we don't produce enough top level players. But you were happy at U10 when you won a lot of games and big tourneys.
Second, so you think having a descent team at U13 is impressive? Why doesn't his teams last till U16, U17, U19? When it really matters! Again you sound like a typical north Texas parent, not very bright.
Third, your right, FC Dallas academy has kids from many different states coming to play for them. These kids and families come from all over looking to join FCs academy. What is FC Dallas suppose to do turn them away? They are a professional club!! Their job is to take the best players possible!

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fctillidie on 6/9/2013, 11:52 pm

Offsides, when was this?!?! I've been around for awhile and I don't remember this? I could be wrong, just don't remember he had top 96 team? Again, was this when they were U11?

Fctillidie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/9/2013, 11:54 pm

Fctillidie wrote:Well first, FC Dallas premier 03 is missing some things right now. They are not the most athletic team, and yes they do struggle when they play very aggressive athletic teams. But how long do you really think that is gonna last?? Typical north Texas parent, you would rather have the results right now at U10, then learning to play the proper way, by have the little guys working on their touch, possession, learning to build up the play from the back, etc......the things that we see missing so much in our older players, but we complain when we loose to Belgium, or how we don't produce enough top level players. But you were happy at U10 when you won a lot of games and big tourneys.
Second, so you think having a descent team at U13 is impressive? Why doesn't his teams last till U16, U17, U19? When it really matters! Again you sound like a typical north Texas parent, not very bright.
Third, your right, FC Dallas academy has kids from many different states coming to play for them. These kids and families come from all over looking to join FCs academy. What is FC Dallas suppose to do turn them away? They are a professional club!! Their job is to take the best players possible!

Oh OH here comes another dad who has been told that his 10 years old kid is going to turn pro !! Did the FCD coach told you that ? Ah Ah AH !!
(now I do agree with some of your points though, just don't drink the koolaid as they say here)

Back to top Go down

Post by jataca on 6/10/2013, 7:52 am

Fctillidie wrote:Well first, FC Dallas premier 03 is missing some things right now. They are not the most athletic team, and yes they do struggle when they play very aggressive athletic teams. But how long do you really think that is gonna last?? Typical north Texas parent, you would rather have the results right now at U10, then learning to play the proper way, by have the little guys working on their touch, possession, learning to build up the play from the back, etc......the things that we see missing so much in our older players, but we complain when we loose to Belgium, or how we don't produce enough top level players. But you were happy at U10 when you won a lot of games and big tourneys.

Actually, FCD was only missing their tall defensive player. Without him, well, their record speaks for itself.

And, YES! It is FCD's job to "TAKE" the best players possible. Development? meh...

jataca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 6/10/2013, 8:33 am

gababa wrote:
Fctillidie wrote: FC Dallas premier 03 plays a much better style of soccer then this solar team. They are way more technically sound, and play a possession build up style of soccer. The way we should be teaching are little ones how to play. Just cause they don't win every tournament or every game doesn't mean they aren't the best team. Solar wins cause they are very very aggressive, athletic, and their boys play with a lot of heart. Or out of fear of what their coach will tell them.

In that tournament FCD won 2 games and lost 2. They beat miami strike force that ends up loosing their quarter final 4 to 1 in the silver bracket and they beat blitz united that ended up loosing their quarter final 5 -0 in the bronze bracket. ...Not sure I called that impressive !
Also last time FCD played Castro, Castro won 5-0. Not too great either.
Seems that FCD is very good a winning the easy game but the team may be missing something somewhere. What can it be ?

Just my opinion, but maybe should slow the f**k down a bit. It’s kind of silly to come here after Solar tourney win and say that your team plays better soccer. And it’s kind of silly to start throwing out scores as a counterpoint. One of them cares more about winning than the other, I don't think that is debatable. (loved the quarterfinal halftime speech, btw). That's probably going to correlate to some U10 winning. Both of those teams play good soccer.

For whatever its worth, I was expecting to be wowed on some level by some of the style of play (or individual players) of the non-NTX teams. Didn’t happen. Was obviously good competition, but for a good portion of the semi-final Albion looked outmatched and kick-ball desperate (and still could have VERY easily won once in the last 5 minutes when the fouls were flying). I heard the Albion/FCD game was similar.

We played a team from Orlando in the group stage who…well….I didn’t check their Bronze div scores but I doubt they won a game the whole tourney. They were the most striking team in how they played. NEVER kicked the ball long. Played possession out of the back everytime. They would celebrate 10 pass tiki-taka possession in their own half under moderate pressure. Basically never looked like they even cared if they scored. It was like FCD 03 to an extreme. Just playing keep away and making very tight passing triangles. They just weren’t good enough to do it continuously (they were 10 yr olds after all) and we beat them easily. And if we had ever wanted to push 3 up on their backline, we probably would have scored double digit goals. But they had a plan and didn’t seem to give a good goddamn about anything else. And they apparently went to the hotel pool between games and just said “eff it”. I don’t impress easily, but I was impressed.

We had a fun weekend. All cool.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Solar Castro are the #1 03B in USA

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 6/10/2013, 9:43 am

What a spectacular tournament with representation from the top 03B teams in the nation. I wish that we could have more tournaments like this for the top Youth Academy teams because there is so much variation in style and the exposure helps to develop these premier level players. As for Castro, love him or not, his team reigned supreme over all others. Pats and Albion brought their best games and represented what we already knew (that they are great). Doral was outstanding and played with great skill, but the Pats persevered and got a late score which was all the difference. It was a shame that Odyssey had to play Castro early because they would have been a good test for the Pats or Doral. FC Dallas plays like Doral and you can see that they are a great team in future (not exactly an epiphany), but in the top 8 for now. Lehigh surprised as a strong team with a good style of play and time will tell how they will advance in future, but I would say they are tops in PA and make their state proud with such a good showing. As for KC Fusion they are well represented and were the number 6 team in the tournament above FC Dallas.

The main take away is that these top 8 teams were worthy of their ranking and will be fun to watch over the coming years as they mature and advance into the national leagues.

Thank you Solar Castro for bringing the win to Texas and Kudos to you top 8 for showing what the best are capable of at this earliest level of BB competition...soccer-futbol-football is alive and well in the USA.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 6/10/2013, 9:52 am

so guess you guys will have to wait a little longer for the fun to end over at solar
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/10/2013, 9:59 am

jataca wrote:
And, YES! It is FCD's job to "TAKE" the best players possible. Development? meh...
That's exactly my point. It boils down the the word JOB.
I believe that rare are the pros (the people in the business of soccer, the ones making a living out of soccer) that really care about 10 years old kids. Why would they ? If you are in a business you think about return on investment don't you ? Can somebody seriously bet on a 10 years old kid ? Daddy and mommy will for sure but the pro coach ? I would say he is just doing his 40 hours a week at the office.
Let those 10 years old do whatever they want and when they come to me at 15 (and they will come to FCD since it is the Pro club of the area) I will take a serious look at them. In the meanwhile it is just whatever.

Back to top Go down

A bit presumptuous me thinks about FC Dallas

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 6/10/2013, 10:45 am

I would suggest you parents consider what Ajax thinks about football before you take the wait and see approach or the kick the ball in the backyard concept. Soccer players are made, they are forged into a shape, they are not gifted by God or Über Special humans.

Those monikers are provided by outsiders who want to differentiate their players by giving them divine rights. Reality is much crueler than that so I suggest that if you are trying to make a pro football player that you do your homework and see what is going on in Europe and Latin America before you just do whatever until your BB turns 15.

When you are shooting for the stars (aka pro football career) don't sell yourself short on ideas or dreams and give your BB the best opportunity to develop as a player. Castro parents have done just that and look what it has gotten them thus far. Regardless of how the chips fall In the end those boys were in the top spot for the 03 level and that can NEVER be taken away.

As for the FC Dallas response all I can say is:

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. "

W.B. Yeats

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Liverpool00/02 on 6/10/2013, 11:34 am

Don't have an 03 boy, but went to watch games on Sun. After hearing so much about this tourney had to go check it out. Very good tourney! Again like most people have already stated, very well organized, great facility, great competion! I don't know why soapy people out there talk so bad about ntx soccer and that we don't develope top players and all that other stuff? Once again ntx has proven that on a national level we have the best right here! All our ntx teams represented themselves terrific. As for solar, best 03 team I've seen, that's not a knock at any other 03 team! That's just what it is right now, doesn't mean it will stay like that, doesn't mean it won't stay like that. Who knows, who cares......As number 13 would put it! Lol. Solar parents don't listen to the haters, they will always be around, enjoy your success, nothin wrong with that, you guys have a very very good team, but..........your not DTS 02's!! Got along way to go to get to that level!! Lol Smile
But honestly, NTX should be proud! We can say confidently that we have the top teams in the nation at 02, 03, and 04 level.

Liverpool00/02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/10/2013, 11:56 am

Liverpool00/02 wrote:Don't have an 03 boy, but went to watch games on Sun. After hearing so much about this tourney had to go check it out. Very good tourney! Again like most people have already stated, very well organized, great facility, great competion! I don't know why soapy people out there talk so bad about ntx soccer and that we don't develope top players and all that other stuff? Once again ntx has proven that on a national level we have the best right here! All our ntx teams represented themselves terrific. As for solar, best 03 team I've seen, that's not a knock at any other 03 team! That's just what it is right now, doesn't mean it will stay like that, doesn't mean it won't stay like that. Who knows, who cares......As number 13 would put it! Lol. Solar parents don't listen to the haters, they will always be around, enjoy your success, nothin wrong with that, you guys have a very very good team, but..........your not DTS 02's!! Got along way to go to get to that level!! Lol Smile
But honestly, NTX should be proud! We can say confidently that we have the top teams in the nation at 02, 03, and 04 level.
Just so we are clear about the level of 03 teams from California, both Pats and Albion are good teams, but they are no where near the best. Pats did not send a team, they sent a group of players. Solar played good soccer and is a good team. They controlled the pace against a team that was dead. 7 games in 4 days playing 11v11 for a group who just started on the big field in April. The facility was incredible, fields very nice. Congrats on the Win!! I liked the way FC Dallas played, and solar. After hearing the comments during the game I do think the Solar coach is kinda rough.
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

New York Times article about AJAX Academy

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 6/10/2013, 12:18 pm

This is a link to an article about the AJAX academy in Amsterdam, I believe that it will shed some light on the significance of early training and recognition of a BB's ability.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

No system is perfect, but this sounds similar to what is going on over at Keenan Bridge Road in Flower Mound (Ross Stewart Complex).

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Team Castro (That's right both Castro's coach) have been developing players this way for years which is why their "B" Team players are being heavily scouted by the "A" teams of other clubs. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if their club follows suit with the same strategy once their new facilities are built.

Soccer Parents in Texas and Oklahoma should rejoice that ALL and I mean ALL of our BB's have the opportunity to compete against these top teams (We had 3 Teams in the Official playoffs). Just keep in mind that player development is the key to to a successful challenge.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/10/2013, 1:22 pm

Quick reply to premierleaguefan, the "whatever" I am talking about is not about the kids and their training (this is in fact my real question:where can they develop the best, with which club, which team and which coach). I am talking about the pro coaches and a natural lack of real interest in kids below the age of 15-16.
I guess here is an analogy that may works. Nobody expect a ivy league college to get excited and try to recruit a 4th grade kid that just got a 100 in math and science. Same in soccer. It is not because a 10 years old player just scored 3 goals in a tournament that any pro coach (with pro soccer in mind) is going to get excited. From their point of view, I believe it is "whatever" until 15-16...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 6/10/2013, 3:00 pm

PatsDad wrote:
Liverpool00/02 wrote:Don't have an 03 boy, but went to watch games on Sun. After hearing so much about this tourney had to go check it out. Very good tourney! Again like most people have already stated, very well organized, great facility, great competion! I don't know why soapy people out there talk so bad about ntx soccer and that we don't develope top players and all that other stuff? Once again ntx has proven that on a national level we have the best right here! All our ntx teams represented themselves terrific. As for solar, best 03 team I've seen, that's not a knock at any other 03 team! That's just what it is right now, doesn't mean it will stay like that, doesn't mean it won't stay like that. Who knows, who cares......As number 13 would put it! Lol. Solar parents don't listen to the haters, they will always be around, enjoy your success, nothin wrong with that, you guys have a very very good team, but..........your not DTS 02's!! Got along way to go to get to that level!! Lol Smile
Just so we are clear about the level of 03 teams from California, both Pats and Albion are good teams, but they are no where near the best. Pats did not send a team, they sent a group of players. Solar played good soccer and is a good team. They controlled the pace against a team that was dead. 7 games in 4 days playing 11v11 for a group who just started on the big field in April. The facility was incredible, fields very nice. Congrats on the Win!! I liked the way FC Dallas played, and solar. After hearing the comments during the game I do think the Solar coach is kinda rough.

Well it's a good thing they didn't send the best because they would have got their butts kicked too. Heard the cali team had to play up hill, against the wind, with the sun in their eyes both halves. Just to be clear cali did well during the Dallas cup, but this wasn't the Dallas cup
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/10/2013, 3:11 pm

I'll ignore your sarcasism because 99% of the people we met this weekend were extremely friendly and nice. All I was saying is Pats and Albion aren't the best teams in California,not even close. So thanks to all those people who went out of there way this weekend to make this tourney special. lol!

Last edited by PatsDad on 6/10/2013, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 6/10/2013, 5:08 pm

PatsDad wrote:thanks to all those people who went out of there way this weekend to make this tourney special. lol!
Yes, it was definitely a successful tournament. Despite the rumours, one of the organizers told us that it wasn't organized by one dude who just happened to know everybody. She had to make many, many phone calls and be on top of things to pull this off. A lot of work went into this, and all the teams showed up, as planned. Despite the heavy rain, the games were only about two hours off schedule. Going from past tournaments, I really thought they would cancel. Kudos to the organizers, especially Nicole, who we see volunteering at so many events! Special thanks to all those teams that traveled so far, thus making this event special. Some might still argue that this was just like any other tourney, but I am sure that it is the start of something big, and bb was very happy to be a part of it. He was given a nice little surf key chain by the Albion team, and that was the first thing he showed me after the game. "Mommy, look what they gave us. It's cool."

Hope to see everyone again next year!
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Liverpool00/02 on 6/10/2013, 5:23 pm

PatsDad- then who is the strongest team in Cali at 03 level? What about 02? Or the 01's? I'm just curious, I talked to one of your Pats dad at Dallas Cup and he talked very big on y'all's 99 group and 02 group. I can see why on the 99 group, they won DC right? What about the 02, he said they had won surf cup that year but then lost to Chicago Magic at Disney who fell to Dallas Texans South 02 in the finals. What about Pats in those ages? By they way, I have a lot of respect for y'all's club, they are consistently among the top teams at all ages in the nation.

Liverpool00/02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/10/2013, 6:19 pm

Pats are pretty consistent at having very competitive teams at all age groups. I would say they have a team in each age group in the top5-10 and some age groups #1.To break down teams you also have to understand that California doesn't start 11v11 until u11 and at younger ages play 8v8 with much smaller goals. Pats is consistently making changes that will improve the club. You don't have be the best team, but like many of you have said, whatever is best for YOUR CHILD is what's important. Each kid responds differently to many different coaches. I look for progress in my sons game and attitude. My son loves his coach.
At our age group u10 going u11 Barca( now TFA) has had the best team and won state cup this past year( playing 8v8). I would put several teams at there level including FC Goldenstate Academy, Then you have several teams( including Pats Irvine)that are just below Barca. But by the end of this year anything may change. Not seeing anyone play 11v11 consistently yet we won't know until after Surf Cup or NHB.
At U11 going U12 once again it's Barca( TFA) they also won state cup for the 2nd year in a row. You will have FC Goldenstate Academy, La Galaxy North &South, Pats LA( now LAFA), Beach Gold, United FC Black
At U12 going U13 it's Barca(now Chivas Academy) Won State cup and National cup every year since U9.
Clubs will be changing this year because of a few mergers and the new U14 Academy status. Barca has changed to TFA and lost there best coach, be had a hand in U9-12 and now is at Chivas and Trains Beach Gold atU11. Pats just picked up fromer Chivas Academy Director. So it will be interesting to see how the landscape will change. The one thing I learned from this experience was soccer is going to make me a poor man!!! This was an expensive trip and next time hopefully everybody will be able to fundraise so all the players can attend from each team.
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/11/2013, 12:03 am

Thanks for the info patsdad. Talking about money, how much is your club fee right now ? How about next year at u11? Do you also experience a big change at u11 with year long commitment/contract that locks each kid in a club ?

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/11/2013, 11:05 am

Our player contract has been there since U8, it's always the same.Year to Year. As for fees they have risen slowly every year and is different for every club. Our club is not the most expensive but is not the cheapest, we pay $1650 for the year. You may have other costs for Uniform, extra tourney, friendly game ref fees. I know our club does a great job when some families need financial assistance. Now that Galaxy is getting more involved things are starting to change a little. Galaxy is free, but the turnover there is very high!!! It's not because these kids aren't good anymore, it's because they want your kid for 2 years so they can hold there home grown rights until they're 22. They want to hold as mony Homegrowns rights as possible. That's been the talk here how many players galaxy turns over..

Last edited by PatsDad on 6/11/2013, 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 6/11/2013, 11:15 am

The Sereno (AZ) manager commented that they had been on one year contracts since 7 or 8 with biannual promotion/relegation.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/11/2013, 11:15 pm

$1650 !!! Ah ! Silly me who had heard the cost of everything was more expensive in CA than in TX. Where can possibly the money go here in texas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 6/12/2013, 7:53 am

For our club...once you deduct league fees, and local tourneys, and uniforms, and field leasing/maintenance you end up with the coach/club getting paid around $1500-$1600 per kid.  If that all goes to the coach (which it doesn't in most cases), the coach gets $25k a year for a team.   That seems pretty reasonable considering how many hours the coach puts into this in a year.   But ymmv.

I have no idea how it works in California.  If you have volunteer coaches the fees can obviously be a lot lot lower.   

Flying yourself, your wife, and a player out to FCD from California for 4-5 days is going to cost you more than $1650 I would guess.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 6/12/2013, 8:01 am

Our fees and coach pay is basically the way you described It. Our Dallas trip was all out of pocket. We also are responsible for the coaches per diem on these long trips. So this would be on top of that $1650.

Last edited by PatsDad on 6/12/2013, 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum