Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Why so mean?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why so mean?

Post by mexgenius on 5/16/2013, 2:12 pm

I've only posted a few topics on this forum, but after reading many of the posts on this '03 age group, '02 age group, as well as others, many of the posts are downright mean. Please, please get onto me if I ever get to be mean.

I've always loved the "beautiful game," and actually follow it as a fan. I have my teams: Club America in the Mexican Premiere League and Real Madrid in La Liga. My oldest son likes Manchester United in the EPL and Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga, whereas my youngest likes Barcelona in La Liga.

What I do know is that my soccer career was over before it ever began. Sure, I've played futsal vs young and old and co-ed indoor soccer for the older age groups, but I refuse to live my dreams vicariously through my children. If they win or lose or want to play soccer in college and beyond, that will be up to them, not me.

I know that some parents want their kids to specialize in soccer and to become a world-class athlete the number quoted is about 10,000 hours of practice. However, in the meantime, I will let my kids enjoy other sports: namely basketball and baseball.

Also, I've read a lot about suspected older players in tournaments. Short of paying $100 protest fees at tournaments, there is really not much that can be done at tournaments. In the end, coaches and parents that have players do this are doing a disservice for all. I firmly believe in karma. In the end, it will bite them in the rear. Kudos to all those that are doing things the right way: parents, coaches and players!

Enjoy soccer, but please do not take things so personally. Though the objective of a match is to win a game, no one would play if it wasn't fun. At a rec or academy level, the purpose is development. Select / competitive soccer, that's another story. As the contract states that there is no guarantee of time played. However, upon playing on some losing teams when young, I can honestly say that I've learned more from losing.
Let's keep making soccer fun for all.

mexgenius
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Why so mean?

Post by Guest on 5/16/2013, 3:30 pm

mexgenius wrote:I've only posted a few topics on this forum, but after reading many of the posts on this '03 age group, '02 age group, as well as others, many of the posts are downright mean. Please, please get onto me if I ever get to be mean.

I've always loved the "beautiful game," and actually follow it as a fan. I have my teams: Club America in the Mexican Premiere League and Real Madrid in La Liga. My oldest son likes Manchester United in the EPL and Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga, whereas my youngest likes Barcelona in La Liga.

What I do know is that my soccer career was over before it ever began. Sure, I've played futsal vs young and old and co-ed indoor soccer for the older age groups, but I refuse to live my dreams vicariously through my children. If they win or lose or want to play soccer in college and beyond, that will be up to them, not me.

I know that some parents want their kids to specialize in soccer and to become a world-class athlete the number quoted is about 10,000 hours of practice. However, in the meantime, I will let my kids enjoy other sports: namely basketball and baseball.

Also, I've read a lot about suspected older players in tournaments. Short of paying $100 protest fees at tournaments, there is really not much that can be done at tournaments. In the end, coaches and parents that have players do this are doing a disservice for all. I firmly believe in karma. In the end, it will bite them in the rear. Kudos to all those that are doing things the right way: parents, coaches and players!

Enjoy soccer, but please do not take things so personally. Though the objective of a match is to win a game, no one would play if it wasn't fun. At a rec or academy level, the purpose is development. Select / competitive soccer, that's another story. As the contract states that there is no guarantee of time played. However, upon playing on some losing teams when young, I can honestly say that I've learned more from losing.

Well arent you the perfect parent. Not living through your kid? Wow great message. Dude people on this forum are mean because this is the only way they can play tough guy. None of these folks would ever utter a word of what they say on here to someones face. They criticize coaches, teams other parents but all from the safety of a forum.

By the way I am being a smart ass about your comments about not living vicariously thru your kids because I really dont like people getting on here and commenting about how they are better parents for X reason. That is presumtion.

Back to top Go down

Post by mexgenius on 5/16/2013, 3:55 pm

You make a great point. However, I am far from being the perfect parent. I used to coach chess as a sport-science and had lots of success, but I've seen chess parents act more mean-spirited with their kids than some soccer parents. If anything, your comments make sense, and you are right about people "venting" on this forum.

I hope to use this forum to network, scout, and to offer friendlies, information on futsal leagues, and to express my opinion every now and then.

Take care!

mexgenius
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/16/2013, 4:26 pm

mexgenius wrote:You make a great point. However, I am far from being the perfect parent. I used to coach chess as a sport-science and had lots of success, but I've seen chess parents act more mean-spirited with their kids than some soccer parents. If anything, your comments make sense, and you are right about people "venting" on this forum.

I hope to use this forum to network, scout, and to offer friendlies, information on futsal leagues, and to express my opinion every now and then.

Take care!

Point taken my friend. Dont let these mean folks get to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five 0 on 5/16/2013, 4:45 pm

Both of you should give each other a hug..............
C'Mon Man

Five 0
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity on 5/16/2013, 5:08 pm

Part of what people use the forum for is to hear the "mean" stuff. I don't just want to know what the coach says, I want to know what other parents say and why they left that coach. Put them together, cast a little doubt about either side telling the truth, and somewhere in there, it gives one a better idea of what MIGHT happen with that team. Not always, but much better than going in blind.

Last edited by Soccerinsanity on 5/16/2013, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out a word...tough day!)
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/16/2013, 5:27 pm

Five 0 wrote:Both of you should give each other a hug..............
C'Mon Man

Group Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker on 5/16/2013, 9:38 pm

WTF?
Joker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 5/17/2013, 7:12 am

Hysterical. Funnier still that RQ would comment on how mean people get on here and talk about other coaches, parents and players. Which is exactly what he does most and has for quite some time under multiple screen names.

Hugs and kisses everyone. Have a blessed day! I love you

Basketball

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/17/2013, 7:20 am

You need to read more carefully Finish. The other guy mentioned mean people. I merely suggested he get used to the fact that there are women like you who talk tough from behind a forum. Anything I say I will say it person. Everyone knows that. You wouldn't dare say that to me in person because we all know you're a gutless turd....lol...wow haven't used that one in a while. Maybe its because I haven't dealt with a sniveling little brat in a while.

Nice talking to u BW
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/17/2013, 7:40 am

whats really funny is finish1's coach going on a recruiting frenzy after getting spanked in state cup lol! hey finish tell him to stop calling me we dont need his bs, if only players on his current roster knew they were about to get the boot or the ol' ntx coaches way of hinting around they dont want you and just benching the kid affraid the grass isnt greener over at SR people its green/brownish with a few weeds sprinkled in it lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 5/17/2013, 9:01 am

No RQ, you are wrong. I debate points of issues. Your diatribes are more insulting on a personal level. That's where we differ.

Also, I consider these online posts to be sort of tongue-in-cheek anyway. We are still talking about little kids playing youth sports. No one is going pro, very few will get college scholarships and everyone is getting fleeced.

Boss, I like Nuno a lot. He does a really good job of putting similarly equipped kids together and getting them to succeed. His method is proven and he has a great track record.

In life, regardless of what you do, it is very difficult to get to the top and even more challenging to stay there. And when you reach the top, you have to be willing to take the hits because there is a target on your back. But, that's what makes it fun!

Good and lucky! Very Happy
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport on 5/17/2013, 9:55 am

mexgenius wrote:I've only posted a few topics on this forum, but after reading many of the posts on this '03 age group, '02 age group, as well as others, many of the posts are downright mean. Please, please get onto me if I ever get to be mean.

Great perspective sir.

However, even select soccer is about development. Even more so than rec/academy level.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 on 5/17/2013, 12:03 pm

This board needs the opinions that it contains. If this board wasn't full of strong opinions, I'd stop reading it.

There are lovey-dovey-kissy-wissy posts. Then, on the same string there will be harsh-nasty comments intended to hurt. Both posts are from different perspectives, and neither are necessarily true, but somewhere between the lovey-dovey-kissy-wissy and the harsh-nasty posts is something closer to the real truth.

This board is one of the few places in NTX Soccer that you can get a little closer to the truth. Strong opinions are good for all of us and they add value here.
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum