Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Prime Time Sports Summer Classic

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Prime Time Sports Summer Classic

Post by Maradona on 5/6/2013, 6:34 pm

Number13 wrote:Followup on the ref comments, we had CR:

On back-pass to their goalie. Call handling. (well done). Give us an indirect kick (well done), from the spot from where the pass was made back to the GK (umm...not so well done). Fortunately we tapped ball to kid who makes 35 yard kicks.

As we take (and make) PK, call encroachment on the area by one of our players (well done). And then give the other teams GK a free kick instead of a retake of the PK (not so well done).

I also got a double-dose of the age-old "its not a foul if they didn't mean to foul him" argument from the CR on Sunday. Oy!

The subjective ref stuff all balances out more/less, and nothing here affected a win/loss, but this was all kind of scratch

...ball "handling" and "indirect kick" in the same back-pass play to their goalie?....I'm missing something (both well done?)....scratch

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 5/7/2013, 7:56 am

Team kicked it back to own goalie. He picked it up. CR called (illegal) handling on the keeper. Which is the right call. CR awarded indirect kick, which is the right call.

so..well done by the CR, up to the point where he awarded us the indirect kick from the spot where the pass originated (i.e. 35 yds from goal). Which is not the right call.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C on 5/7/2013, 8:20 am

Maybe this helps:

http://www.askasoccerreferee.com/?cat=53

Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 5/7/2013, 8:21 am

Number13 wrote:Team kicked it back to own goalie. He picked it up. CR called (illegal) handling on the keeper. Which is the right call. CR awarded indirect kick, which is the right call.

so..well done by the CR, up to the point where he awarded us the indirect kick from the spot where the pass originated (i.e. 35 yds from goal). Which is not the right call.

I see you want logical and rational decisions from the refs. that is where you go wrong...

lol!
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by protayus on 5/7/2013, 8:44 am

On back-pass to their goalie. Call handling. (well done). Give us an indirect kick (well done), from the spot from where the pass was made back to the GK (umm...not so well done). Fortunately we tapped ball to kid who makes 35 yard kicks.

As we take (and make) PK, call encroachment on the area by one of our players (well done). And then give the other teams GK a free kick instead of a retake of the PK (not so well done).

I also got a double-dose of the age-old "its not a foul if they didn't mean to foul him" argument from the CR on Sunday. Oy!

The subjective ref stuff all balances out more/less, and nothing here affected a win/loss, but this was all kind of scratch

Frustration Station.

protayus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 5/7/2013, 8:52 am

interesting link on the PK issue. You did not state whether the attacking player scored or not. if he did not score, then the indirect free kick was properly awarded. if he did score, then a retake should have been done.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/8.%20law%2014_559.pdf
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 5/7/2013, 11:46 am

Number13 wrote:Team kicked it back to own goalie. He picked it up. CR called (illegal) handling on the keeper. Which is the right call. CR awarded indirect kick, which is the right call.

Thought I got it initially...just the "back pass" play description assumed that we all knew that:

- Back pass was accomplished with any illegal part of the body....
- GK position was inside the 18 yd at the time of the ball handling....

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 5/7/2013, 12:45 pm

odie1993 wrote:

interesting link on the PK issue. You did not state whether the attacking player scored or not. if he did not score, then the indirect free kick was properly awarded. if he did score, then a retake should have been done.

I believe I said we take (and make) PK. Shrug. Lets just assume for giggles that I know the rules in my little "funny instances of refs not knowing the rules" stories.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 5/7/2013, 12:48 pm

Number13 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:

I believe I said we take (and make) PK. Shrug. Lets just assume for giggles that I know the rules in my little "funny instances of refs not knowing the rules" stories.

Well crap, I guess I need to learn to read and/or remember what I read. my bad. I owe you a beer...
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 5/7/2013, 12:52 pm

Its cool, I just assumed we would all chuckle then nod sagely and say "oh those kooky kids they have reffing" in superior tones while executing the secret U10 soccer handshake. Didn't mean to start 2 pages of rules links. Cheers.

I like my beer in 40s, fwiw.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 5/7/2013, 12:57 pm

the ref topic is a much more interesting thread then the actual results of a U10 tournament in early May with or without guest players. I actually thought the reffing was better this season in SDL. were there some egregious calls, of course for and against my BB's team.

a 40 of Mickey's Malt Liquor it is. (I have not had one of those in ages). there tops with the sayings always made me laugh.
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum