» PT Summer Classic 05's
by Rancho4C Today at 6:55 pm

» Injury question
by onetouch Today at 6:05 pm

» FSP 4V4 TOURNAMENT - LOOKING FOR TEAMS TO FILL BRACKETS
by skip12 Yesterday at 4:04 pm

» FCD 02 Black - guest spots for Carey Invitational
by yellowjacket Yesterday at 12:19 pm

» Paradigm Soccer Performance now in Plano!
by PSP Yesterday at 11:19 am

» NTx teams advancing
by omega striker Yesterday at 9:19 am

» LFCA 03 B St John looking to add players for the fall.
by unclegio Yesterday at 8:55 am

» 2014 Pre-Memorial Day Gatorade Cup (Dallas), May 16-18, DCSC
by DallasCosmosSoccerClub Yesterday at 1:41 am

» 5A State Final
by #1fan Yesterday at 10:57 pm

» Dallas Cup 2014 U14 final
by soccerdadrandy Yesterday at 10:19 pm

» Register: League Challenge Cup, June 12-15
by coachdom Yesterday at 9:06 pm

» This week in Classic League - 99s - Predictions
by IlikeEPL Yesterday at 8:38 pm

» Youth clubs making money off players
by plantit Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» ODP ETX 2014 Event
by soccerdadrandy Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:35 pm

» Dallas Cup Predictions
by soccerdadrandy Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:41 pm

» EAL- really?
by allen04 Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 am

» Dallas Cup 2014, U13
by PG-Boy Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Top posters

omega striker (3322)

go99 (3152)

finish1 (2137)

my2cents (1314)

Axxman (1105)

Laimport (1063)

soccerisgood123 (1057)

Soccerinsanity (1049)

The German (1037)

coachdom (1037)

Top posting users this week

April 2014

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question about teams getting into d1?

boys2

Question about teams getting into d1?

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:50 pm

I know teams are placed into divisions 1, 2, 3. How are the points counted towards making these divisions? What is the point system? And then what happens if a referee gave yellow cards but where not reported properly - and a team gets into a higher division because if this report?

nearpost95

Re: Question about teams getting into d1?

Post by nearpost95 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Teams are placed into a 20-team D1 and a 10 team D2 based on performance in the U11 qualifying tournament. After the U11 year, the teams are split into 3 divisions based on points accumulated through the season - 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss. Then and thereafter, the top 2 teams with the most points in a division are promoted to the higher division and the 2 teams with the least points are relegated to the lower division. Beginning this year, the bottom 8 teams in D3 must defend their spots in a qualifying tournament.

Accumulation of cards for players results in suspensions if certain thresholds are met. When a player receives his 3rd yellow card in a season, he must sit out a game. 5 yellow cards gets a player a 2 game suspension. It gets worse from there.

Are you saying your team lost against a team with an ineligible player because a card was not reported on a previous game, and this caused your team to miss getting promoted?

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks for explaining the point system; yes I'm concerned that our team didn't make d1 because another team received 3 yellow cards to one player....and that player never sat out a game? With our team points we should have made d1 over them? So now my question is how is this allowed? What are the steps to take to report this?

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 pm

And :
    Well if the player didn't sit out any games....and the TEAM, won the remaining games with the player, would the TEAM's points count getting then into D1?

nearpost95

Post by nearpost95 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 pm

3rd yellow card accumulated over the season requires sit-out of the next game. The league publishes a suspension list and the player's name has a line through it on the game report that is provided to the referees. The player must sit-out the game, but must be present for the entire game for it to count and a sit-out form is to be signed by the referee and returned to the league with the game report. The league went to this system because it was previously an honor system and the managers were somewhat lax about keeping up with their cards.

Now if the team played in a tournament during the break, the player could have sat out the next game there, had the form signed and turned it into the league.

What you are describing is highly unlikely unless a clerical error occurred and the player didn't get on the suspension list.

If you have proof, contact the A&D Chairman. If proven true, the committee could prescribe a remedy, but I would think the worst penalty would be forfeiture of 1 game, but only if the team knowingly played an ineligible player and the clerical system failed. If you believe a ref didn't record a card, nothing anyone can do.

Last edited by nearpost95 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Thank you for the input and ill be contacting A&D chairman, because I have proof.thanks

omega striker

Post by omega striker on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 pm

this needs to be moved to the appropriate age forum tongue

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:21 pm

It is in regards to a 99 team

onetouch

Post by onetouch on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 pm

boys2 wrote:It is in regards to a 99 team
    So are you saying that your team would have had enough points this year to move to D1, or was this in the original qualifying tournament? Because the top two 99 teams in D2 this past season, were well ahead of the other teams in points.

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 pm

Actually one of those TWO teams One of them should not have made D1!!! Especially since the aboved talked about happened!!! Just saying!!

onetouch

Post by onetouch on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 pm

boys2 wrote:Actually one of those TWO teams One of them should not have made D1!!! Especially since the aboved talked about happened!!! Just saying!!

Are you sure you are in the right age group? Here are the final point totals from this past season, I am not sure how one game would have changed anything.

FC Dallas Gold 45 points
    Ayses Gold 43 points
    North Texas Strikers 34 points

How would one game make a difference?

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 pm

"If you have proof, contact the A&D Chairman. If proven true, the committee could prescribe a remedy, but I would think the worst penalty would be forfeiture of 1 game, but only if the team knowingly played an ineligible player and the clerical system failed. If you believe a ref didn't record a card, nothing anyone can do."

The Team knew; the team's manager knew! So I don't think just one game suspension here would be the appropriate thing, maybe three or more game suspension so putting one of the top two teams down down the placement!!!

And it's all about following the rules isn't it!!! Dining the right thing!

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Doing the right thing!!

onetouch

Post by onetouch on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:16 pm

boys2 wrote:"If you have proof, contact the A&D Chairman. If proven true, the committee could prescribe a remedy, but I would think the worst penalty would be forfeiture of 1 game, but only if the team knowingly played an ineligible player and the clerical system failed. If you believe a ref didn't record a card, nothing anyone can do."

The Team knew; the team's manager knew! So I don't think just one game suspension here would be the appropriate thing, maybe three or more game suspension so putting one of the top two teams down down the placement!!!

And it's all about following the rules isn't it!!! Dining the right thing!

Are you sure you are in the correct age group???? My bb's team is in D2, and having played both FCD Gold and Ayses Gold, the two teams that will be moving up into D1 next year, I have not heard anything like what you are confessing. If you have proof that either of the teams played a player that should have sat out, then do as others have suggested, take it to the league, but coming on this forum and saying teams shoud "do the right thing", remember this is North Texas, not Utopia.

boys2

Post by boys2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 pm

I have proof I will be doing the right thing and reporting it!

onetouch

Post by onetouch on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:22 pm

boys2 wrote:I have proof I will be doing the right thing and reporting it!

Good luck, maybe it could help my bb's team, we were only 17 points out of moving up!!!!

The Boss

Post by The Boss on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:17 am

this has to be fcd gold then, seems to be a trend with fcd teams and their coaches and their practices on and off the fields Rolling Eyes

Riquelme

Post by Riquelme on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 am

Ok calm down everyone. This guys says he has proof but honestley I doubt it. First and foremost the league contacts all managers and informs the team officials who must be suspended etc. If they do not sit a player then the league takes action. Now that is how it works with Barcelona and our sit outs.

Now if you are suggesting that because they are FCD and the league overlooked it then you are fighting an uphill battle against FCD and Classic. What you are suggesting is that the league is in on it. From deep down inside I feel that this kind of crookedness does occur but no one cares. Not Classic nor NTX. I wish you would have been at the Copa ESPN and seen how FCD ran the tournament and by that I mean Jesse McNeil (FCD Tournament Director).

At the end of the day your team was way off on points as FCD Gold was miles ahead of you. Go ahead and report it but get ready to be disappointed. Fighting the league establishment is like fighting the IRS.....One more note, my boy Figaro is a damn good coach and find it hard to believe he would have to stoop that low to win.

go99

Location: still sitting crying into warm stale beer. Say it aint so Klinsman, say it ain't so

Post by go99 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:49 am

well he is kinda short so the stoop isn't that low jocolor

Soccerinsanity

Post by Soccerinsanity on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Figo is a good technical coach, but he spends a lot of time lying on the ground with the empty tequila bottles so stooping low isn't necessary in his life drunken

IlikeEPL

Post by IlikeEPL on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Now we all know nothing will come from this...but just in case,
    This could give my bb's team their only win from the D2 season!
    So I say GO!! Make those claims!! Ha

boys2

Post by boys2 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Update:
    In the first stages of getting things together to make sure things are done correctly when reporting to the right people. If anything someone brought it to others attention so that in the future this might not happen again.

The Boss

Post by The Boss on Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 am

any new updates on the cheating team? funny thing is I was told that figo picked up a few players from a certain team that was caught cheating a year back in ppl with a team called the toros........ interesting huh Suspect

keeperdad9

Post by keeperdad9 on Thu May 02, 2013 5:43 pm

I am a parent on FCD Gold and am sick of the garbage that is being spewed off by a few ignorant individuals. First, we did not pick up any players from the Toros this year and is irresponsible and flat out wrong to insinuate that what our boys worked so hard for after coming up short last year is disgusting. We did not whine or act as victims as others are. Figo simply worked harder with the boys and the results spoke for themselves. Maybe if others put in the work they would get the desired results. What kind of kids are parents raising making excuses for them rather than teaching them the right way to handle disappointment? My son and team have learned through disappointment last year that he and they would have to work harder. Strange concept for some of the posters on here.

onetouch

Post by onetouch on Thu May 02, 2013 8:47 pm

keeperdad9 wrote:I am a parent on FCD Gold and am sick of the garbage that is being spewed off by a few ignorant individuals. First, we did not pick up any players from the Toros this year and is irresponsible and flat out wrong to insinuate that what our boys worked so hard for after coming up short last year is disgusting. We did not whine or act as victims as others are. Figo simply worked harder with the boys and the results spoke for themselves. Maybe if others put in the work they would get the desired results. What kind of kids are parents raising making excuses for them rather than teaching them the right way to handle disappointment? My son and team have learned through disappointment last year that he and they would have to work harder. Strange concept for some of the posters on here.

javascript:emoticonp('cheers')

Maradona

Post by Maradona on Thu May 02, 2013 9:42 pm

[quote="Soccerinsanity"]Figo is a good technical coach, but he spends a lot of time lying on the ground with the empty tequila bottles so stooping low isn't necessary in his life drunken

Perhaps that's why he yells so much...... drunken

Riquelme

Post by Riquelme on Fri May 03, 2013 9:34 am

keeperdad9 wrote:I am a parent on FCD Gold and am sick of the garbage that is being spewed off by a few ignorant individuals. First, we did not pick up any players from the Toros this year and is irresponsible and flat out wrong to insinuate that what our boys worked so hard for after coming up short last year is disgusting. We did not whine or act as victims as others are. Figo simply worked harder with the boys and the results spoke for themselves. Maybe if others put in the work they would get the desired results. What kind of kids are parents raising making excuses for them rather than teaching them the right way to handle disappointment? My son and team have learned through disappointment last year that he and they would have to work harder. Strange concept for some of the posters on here.

Its like I said earlier. This guy says he has proof but I doubt it. I know Figaro and he is a good coach and that team is long over due to get into D1. My bb was with Wizards for two seasons and we always had major battles with FCD Gold. Of course there are shady things that happen in youth club soccer but in this case Figo and his boys did what they had to do to get to D1

defenserocks

Post by defenserocks on Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Rolling Eyes

justaspectator

Post by justaspectator on Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 pm

[quote="Maradona"]
    Soccerinsanity wrote:Figo is a good technical coach, but he spends a lot of time lying on the ground with the empty tequila bottles so stooping low isn't necessary in his life drunken

Soccerinsanity & Maradona, I laughed in amazement reading the truth posted on here. Those of us that have crossed paths with Figo know the sad truth. clown

The boys earned their accomplishment 100%; however, without Figo. He doesn't add anything to those very talented boys. All of the boys were trained young by other talented coaches......Figo is very lucky that he hasn't been banned from coaching many years ago. The entire NTX soccer community is responsible for allowing his sick behavior on and off the pitch. Many complaints have been filed on him, but he prevails and FCD turns their cheek....this is a fact. Karma takes too long sometimes.

The Boss

Post by The Boss on Wed May 15, 2013 7:19 am

[quote="justaspectator"]
    Maradona wrote:
    Soccerinsanity wrote:Figo is a good technical coach, but he spends a lot of time lying on the ground with the empty tequila bottles so stooping low isn't necessary in his life drunken

Soccerinsanity & Maradona, I laughed in amazement reading the truth posted on here. Those of us that have crossed paths with Figo know the sad truth. clown

The boys earned their accomplishment 100%; however, without Figo. He doesn't add anything to those very talented boys. All of the boys were trained young by other talented coaches......Figo is very lucky that he hasn't been banned from coaching many years ago. The entire NTX soccer community is responsible for allowing his sick behavior on and off the pitch. Many complaints have been filed on him, but he prevails and FCD turns their cheek....this is a fact. Karma takes too long sometimes.
    care to add any details? confused

go99

Location: still sitting crying into warm stale beer. Say it aint so Klinsman, say it ain't so

Post by go99 on Wed May 15, 2013 9:41 am

[quote="justaspectator"]
    Maradona wrote:

FCD definitely turns a cheek for you to kiss. Figo knows his soccer stuff, it is unfortunate he is surrounded by so many issues. He isn't the only coach with issues in FCD or NTX for that matter. I like figo, but as a professional club I would have come down and fired him and the other coaches with issues and fired whoever was responsible for not firing them. Everything you do represents the organization and has an effect. I know a guy who bought large blocks of tickets for his company. Because of issues that happened and not dealt with in the youth club he stopped buying and refused to ever purchase FCD tickets again. Some coach and his youth team is not worth the stain to your image and reputation.

Riquelme

Post by Riquelme on Wed May 15, 2013 1:53 pm

What exactly did Figo do to get fired?

omega striker

Post by omega striker on Wed May 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Riquelme wrote:What exactly did Figo do to get fired?
    Figo didnt get fired bro Laughing

The Boss

Post by The Boss on Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 am

the sad truth is figo's team will probably be the top fcd team they just dont know what their doing overthere which is good for us, that will give my bb's team 3 easy W's Razz

Riquelme

Post by Riquelme on Thu May 16, 2013 9:45 am

omega striker wrote:
    Riquelme wrote:What exactly did Figo do to get fired?
    Figo didnt get fired bro Laughing

I know. But why do these other folks think he should?

justaspectator

Post by justaspectator on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:09 pm

6 months later, he's now he's fired. LOL. HAHAHAHA. KARMA, KARMA, KARMA. happy dance. I hope he loses everything for taking advantage of children and parents. He thought he was GOD and now he will see that he can't buy a friend.........even with free liquer.

soccerdad78

Post by soccerdad78 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:06 am

Why was he fired? Who will take his place?

Soccerinsanity

Post by Soccerinsanity on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Hmmm, think it will be difficult to find another coach that takes money under the table and drinks himself under it? bom 

omega striker

Post by omega striker on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:50 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:Hmmm, think it will be difficult to find another coach that takes money under the table and drinks himself under it?  bom 
    so how many will leave? and how many will try to go back to check out the new coach especially the players that were good and had smart parents that saw and had enough of the BS  Question 

Current date/time is Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:04 am