Free Consultation
Save Money!
Loan Forgiveness, Lower Paymens, Consolidation, or Rehab
Statistics
We have 6623 registered users
The newest registered user is dub56

Our users have posted a total of 91338 messages in 8548 subjects
Be an Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get supporting member status!
Shopmotion

Question about teams getting into d1?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about teams getting into d1?

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 8:50 pm

I know teams are placed into divisions 1, 2, 3. How are the points counted towards making these divisions? What is the point system? And then what happens if a referee gave yellow cards but where not reported properly - and a team gets into a higher division because if this report?

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about teams getting into d1?

Post by nearpost95 on 4/23/2013, 9:31 pm

Teams are placed into a 20-team D1 and a 10 team D2 based on performance in the U11 qualifying tournament. After the U11 year, the teams are split into 3 divisions based on points accumulated through the season - 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss. Then and thereafter, the top 2 teams with the most points in a division are promoted to the higher division and the 2 teams with the least points are relegated to the lower division. Beginning this year, the bottom 8 teams in D3 must defend their spots in a qualifying tournament.

Accumulation of cards for players results in suspensions if certain thresholds are met. When a player receives his 3rd yellow card in a season, he must sit out a game. 5 yellow cards gets a player a 2 game suspension. It gets worse from there.

Are you saying your team lost against a team with an ineligible player because a card was not reported on a previous game, and this caused your team to miss getting promoted?

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 9:37 pm

Thanks for explaining the point system; yes I'm concerned that our team didn't make d1 because another team received 3 yellow cards to one player....and that player never sat out a game? With our team points we should have made d1 over them? So now my question is how is this allowed? What are the steps to take to report this?

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 9:39 pm

And :
Well if the player didn't sit out any games....and the TEAM, won the remaining games with the player, would the TEAM's points count getting then into D1?

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 4/23/2013, 9:55 pm

3rd yellow card accumulated over the season requires sit-out of the next game. The league publishes a suspension list and the player's name has a line through it on the game report that is provided to the referees. The player must sit-out the game, but must be present for the entire game for it to count and a sit-out form is to be signed by the referee and returned to the league with the game report. The league went to this system because it was previously an honor system and the managers were somewhat lax about keeping up with their cards.

Now if the team played in a tournament during the break, the player could have sat out the next game there, had the form signed and turned it into the league.

What you are describing is highly unlikely unless a clerical error occurred and the player didn't get on the suspension list.

If you have proof, contact the A&D Chairman. If proven true, the committee could prescribe a remedy, but I would think the worst penalty would be forfeiture of 1 game, but only if the team knowingly played an ineligible player and the clerical system failed. If you believe a ref didn't record a card, nothing anyone can do.

Last edited by nearpost95 on 4/23/2013, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 9:58 pm

Thank you for the input and ill be contacting A&D chairman, because I have proof.thanks

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 4/23/2013, 10:19 pm

this needs to be moved to the appropriate age forum tongue

omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 10:21 pm

It is in regards to a 99 team

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouch on 4/23/2013, 10:48 pm

boys2 wrote:It is in regards to a 99 team
So are you saying that your team would have had enough points this year to move to D1, or was this in the original qualifying tournament? Because the top two 99 teams in D2 this past season, were well ahead of the other teams in points.

onetouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 10:52 pm

Actually one of those TWO teams One of them should not have made D1!!! Especially since the aboved talked about happened!!! Just saying!!

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouch on 4/23/2013, 10:57 pm

boys2 wrote:Actually one of those TWO teams One of them should not have made D1!!! Especially since the aboved talked about happened!!! Just saying!!

Are you sure you are in the right age group? Here are the final point totals from this past season, I am not sure how one game would have changed anything.

FC Dallas Gold 45 points
Ayses Gold 43 points
North Texas Strikers 34 points

How would one game make a difference?

onetouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 11:03 pm

"If you have proof, contact the A&D Chairman. If proven true, the committee could prescribe a remedy, but I would think the worst penalty would be forfeiture of 1 game, but only if the team knowingly played an ineligible player and the clerical system failed. If you believe a ref didn't record a card, nothing anyone can do."

The Team knew; the team's manager knew! So I don't think just one game suspension here would be the appropriate thing, maybe three or more game suspension so putting one of the top two teams down down the placement!!!

And it's all about following the rules isn't it!!! Dining the right thing!

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 11:04 pm

Doing the right thing!!

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouch on 4/23/2013, 11:16 pm

boys2 wrote:"If you have proof, contact the A&D Chairman. If proven true, the committee could prescribe a remedy, but I would think the worst penalty would be forfeiture of 1 game, but only if the team knowingly played an ineligible player and the clerical system failed. If you believe a ref didn't record a card, nothing anyone can do."

The Team knew; the team's manager knew! So I don't think just one game suspension here would be the appropriate thing, maybe three or more game suspension so putting one of the top two teams down down the placement!!!

And it's all about following the rules isn't it!!! Dining the right thing!

Are you sure you are in the correct age group???? My bb's team is in D2, and having played both FCD Gold and Ayses Gold, the two teams that will be moving up into D1 next year, I have not heard anything like what you are confessing. If you have proof that either of the teams played a player that should have sat out, then do as others have suggested, take it to the league, but coming on this forum and saying teams shoud "do the right thing", remember this is North Texas, not Utopia.

onetouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/23/2013, 11:18 pm

I have proof I will be doing the right thing and reporting it!

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouch on 4/23/2013, 11:22 pm

boys2 wrote:I have proof I will be doing the right thing and reporting it!

Good luck, maybe it could help my bb's team, we were only 17 points out of moving up!!!!

onetouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/24/2013, 7:17 am

this has to be fcd gold then, seems to be a trend with fcd teams and their coaches and their practices on and off the fields Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/24/2013, 9:07 am

Ok calm down everyone. This guys says he has proof but honestley I doubt it. First and foremost the league contacts all managers and informs the team officials who must be suspended etc. If they do not sit a player then the league takes action. Now that is how it works with Barcelona and our sit outs.

Now if you are suggesting that because they are FCD and the league overlooked it then you are fighting an uphill battle against FCD and Classic. What you are suggesting is that the league is in on it. From deep down inside I feel that this kind of crookedness does occur but no one cares. Not Classic nor NTX. I wish you would have been at the Copa ESPN and seen how FCD ran the tournament and by that I mean Jesse McNeil (FCD Tournament Director).

At the end of the day your team was way off on points as FCD Gold was miles ahead of you. Go ahead and report it but get ready to be disappointed. Fighting the league establishment is like fighting the IRS.....One more note, my boy Figaro is a damn good coach and find it hard to believe he would have to stoop that low to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 4/24/2013, 9:49 am

well he is kinda short so the stoop isn't that low jocolor

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location: still sitting crying into warm stale beer. Say it aint so Klinsman, say it ain't so

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity on 4/24/2013, 1:49 pm

Figo is a good technical coach, but he spends a lot of time lying on the ground with the empty tequila bottles so stooping low isn't necessary in his life drunken

Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/27/2013, 1:56 pm

Now we all know nothing will come from this...but just in case,
This could give my bb's team their only win from the D2 season!
So I say GO!! Make those claims!! Ha

Back to top Go down

Post by boys2 on 4/27/2013, 6:21 pm

Update:
In the first stages of getting things together to make sure things are done correctly when reporting to the right people. If anything someone brought it to others attention so that in the future this might not happen again.

boys2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/2/2013, 7:14 am

any new updates on the cheating team? funny thing is I was told that figo picked up a few players from a certain team that was caught cheating a year back in ppl with a team called the toros........ interesting huh Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad9 on 5/2/2013, 5:43 pm

I am a parent on FCD Gold and am sick of the garbage that is being spewed off by a few ignorant individuals. First, we did not pick up any players from the Toros this year and is irresponsible and flat out wrong to insinuate that what our boys worked so hard for after coming up short last year is disgusting. We did not whine or act as victims as others are. Figo simply worked harder with the boys and the results spoke for themselves. Maybe if others put in the work they would get the desired results. What kind of kids are parents raising making excuses for them rather than teaching them the right way to handle disappointment? My son and team have learned through disappointment last year that he and they would have to work harder. Strange concept for some of the posters on here.

keeperdad9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouch on 5/2/2013, 8:47 pm

keeperdad9 wrote:I am a parent on FCD Gold and am sick of the garbage that is being spewed off by a few ignorant individuals. First, we did not pick up any players from the Toros this year and is irresponsible and flat out wrong to insinuate that what our boys worked so hard for after coming up short last year is disgusting. We did not whine or act as victims as others are. Figo simply worked harder with the boys and the results spoke for themselves. Maybe if others put in the work they would get the desired results. What kind of kids are parents raising making excuses for them rather than teaching them the right way to handle disappointment? My son and team have learned through disappointment last year that he and they would have to work harder. Strange concept for some of the posters on here.

javascript:emoticonp('cheers')

onetouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum