Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

03B- WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF TEAMS GOING TO CLASSIC NEXT FALL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

03B- WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF TEAMS GOING TO CLASSIC NEXT FALL

Post by urahater on 4/17/2013, 12:07 pm

How does it work? What is the process of 03boys-teams going from Academy to D1-Classic league? How do they form the D1 league and what teams go there. scratch

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: 03B- WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF TEAMS GOING TO CLASSIC NEXT FALL

Post by Guest on 4/17/2013, 12:24 pm

urahater wrote:How does it work? What is the process of 03boys-teams going from Academy to D1-Classic league? How do they form the D1 league and what teams go there. scratch

Classic qualifying tournament. Teams register and compete and the results determine who is in D1 and D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Five 0 on 4/17/2013, 12:29 pm

I think you draw straws...................

Five 0
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/17/2013, 12:46 pm

urahater wrote:How does it work? What is the process of 03boys-teams going from Academy to D1-Classic league? How do they form the D1 league and what teams go there. scratch

You apply to play in the Classic League QT (first two weeks in Aug). The QT will be used to form a D1 of 20 teams and D2 of 10 teams. They seed the teams who apply and then put them in 15 groups based on those seedings (mostly 4 per group, last year there were 58 teams). You play your group round-robin the first weekend. The top team in each group at the end of that goes into D1. The 2nd place teams come back the next weekend to play for the remaining 5 D1 spots (those that don't get them go into D2). The 3rd and 4th place teams end up with Plano/Arlington as their option.

Thats my understanding.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 4/17/2013, 12:59 pm

Number13 is correct.

The bracket winners on the second weekend go to D1 and the remaining 10 teams become D2.

Obviously the format may be adjusted based on the number of teams that apply.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 4/17/2013, 1:24 pm

And seeding for the QT is based on teams league and tournament record. Performance at the King Tut tournament which is after July signing carries a lot of weight.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 4/17/2013, 1:28 pm

After having gone through this with an 02 last year, the process is just as #13 described below. As for the "teams that go there", you will largely see the same teams in Classic D1 that you see at the top of the 03 landscape now. I read a lot about new teams coming together, old teams imploding etc before select last year, and in the end it was pretty much the status quo.

If you would have asked me last summer who I thougth would finish top ten in D1 in the 02 age group after a year, I probably could have picked out about 8 of the teams going back to D1 in 02 next year. There is not much of a suprise, IMHO....

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 4/17/2013, 1:39 pm

Sprint wrote:

After having gone through this with an 02 last year, the process is just as #13 described below. As for the "teams that go there", you will largely see the same teams in Classic D1 that you see at the top of the 03 landscape now. I read a lot about new teams coming together, old teams imploding etc before select last year, and in the end it was pretty much the status quo.

If you would have asked me last summer who I thougth would finish top ten in D1 in the 02 age group after a year, I probably could have picked out about 8 of the teams going back to D1 in 02 next year. There is not much of a suprise, IMHO....

from talking to other parents, the surprise is usually which team lays an egg at qualifying and ends up in PPL/APL more than a team jumping into D1 out of no where. it seems every year at least one D1 prospect team ends up in PPL where they dominate all the teams. luckily, the new challenge rules favors teams that had that happen to them instead of the 2 spots from 6 teams thing in the past.
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 4/17/2013, 1:48 pm

Thanks You'll.
So based on previous leagues and tournaments the teams get seeded into their ranking. 1st - 58th.
So maybe 1st rank team plays 40th, 50th & 58th in their group?
What league has the top 03's, bc I know there are several.
Who is the top 03-team.
We have a few good teams in our SDL league and some others that idk much of.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 4/17/2013, 1:50 pm

odie1993 wrote:
Sprint wrote:

from talking to other parents, the surprise is usually which team lays an egg at qualifying and ends up in PPL/APL more than a team jumping into D1 out of no where. it seems every year at least one D1 prospect team ends up in PPL where they dominate all the teams. luckily, the new challenge rules favors teams that had that happen to them instead of the 2 spots from 6 teams thing in the past.

True, I have read that about other age groups. With the 02's I do not recall any top team getting pushed out of Classic all together.

It is also interesting to note that the Primetime league over at the Sting Complex was a pretty good indicator of who would make it to D1 and stay in D1 for the second year for the 02s. Of the 10 teams staying in D1 for 02s next year, 8 of them were in the Primetime league during the Spring season before select.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/17/2013, 2:05 pm

urahater wrote:Thanks You'll.
So based on previous leagues and tournaments the teams get seeded into their ranking. 1st - 58th.
Who is the top 03-team.

If there were 60 teams one would assume the 1st seed, the 30th seed, the 31st seed, and the 60th seed would be in a group. Something like that. Without even # of teams some sort of compromise is reached. Last year the top 2 seeded teams were in the two 3-team groups.

IMO the TBPL (Primetime Sat) league probably has the best teams (including girls!). The 4 teams invited to the "SuperCopa" thing are in that league, if you put any stock in that.

I'm quite sure an objective score based analysis would place Solar Castro as the 03 team with the most impressive results over the past year.

I don't know about "top" teams getting pushed out of Classic, but I know the +/- 17th or something seeded team last year (i.e. a team aspiring to D1) ended up in Plano. Not a great time to have a bad weekend.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 4/17/2013, 2:07 pm

Who is the top 03-team.

the Primetime league is the top league. I think everyone agrees with that.

I would say SDL 1 is next followed by the UAL Gold division. looking at the standings for SDL 1, it is a pretty even field. only 1 team has a -10 GD and only 2 teams have a +10 GD.
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 4/17/2013, 2:40 pm

odie1993 wrote:
Who is the top 03-team.

I would say SDL 1 is next followed by the UAL Gold division. looking at the standings for SDL 1, it is a pretty even field. only 1 team has a -10 GD and only 2 teams have a +10 GD.

what is the difference between "Primetime league" and TBPL (Primetime Sat) league?

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 4/17/2013, 2:43 pm

urahater wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
Who is the top 03-team.

what is the difference between "Primetime league" and TBPL (Primetime Sat) league?

same league.
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel on 4/17/2013, 2:58 pm

odie1993 wrote:
urahater wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
Who is the top 03-team.

Where are the SDL1 standings?

same league.
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 4/17/2013, 3:00 pm

The SDL 1 standings are emailed out to the coaches/managers of the teams that are in the league this season.
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel on 4/17/2013, 3:12 pm

odie1993 wrote:The SDL 1 standings are emailed out to the coaches/managers of the teams that are in the league this season.

Why is not open? Do you know the "unofficial" standings for SDL1?.
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 4/17/2013, 3:28 pm

worldcup2014 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:The SDL 1 standings are emailed out to the coaches/managers of the teams that are in the league this season.

Why is not open? Do you know the "unofficial" standings for SDL1?.

I am not sure why it is not open on the website. I know they are working on getting the missing game put into the standings so the current ones are a little off.
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bogus on 4/17/2013, 3:55 pm

odie1993 wrote:
urahater wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
Who is the top 03-team.

same league.

There are multiple Primetime leagues for '03 age group:

1. Primetime Clubs League (PTCL) with 3 divisions:
-> Gold 11v11.
-> Silver 11v11.
-> 9v9.

2. Primetime Texas Boys Premiere League (TBPL) with single 10-team division.
-> Gender indifferent league with most of areas top '03 teams.

Results and standings for both leagues can be found on Primetime website.

Bogus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 4/18/2013, 7:45 am

So this tournament king tub, happens in June and qualifying to classic happens in august. Is this an all 03 tournament.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/18/2013, 7:52 am

urahater wrote:So this tournament king tub, happens in June and qualifying to classic happens in august. Is this an all 03 tournament.

umm, king tut, not tub and it happens in July and QT will be for 03's to qualify

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 4/18/2013, 9:01 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
urahater wrote:So this tournament king tub, happens in June and qualifying to classic happens in august. Is this an all 03 tournament.

umm, king tut, not tub and it happens in July and QT will be for 03's to qualify

Calm down Teacher.........Thanks for the update.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/18/2013, 9:03 am

urahater wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

Calm down Teacher.........Thanks for the update.

You're the one in all caps and the urahater tag line, but glad to help....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum