Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


Copa ESPN Predictions?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Soccer27 on 4/15/2013, 10:46 am

It is back up

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Ibystander on 4/21/2013, 2:20 pm

ESPN using ID bracelets? What for?????
What a joke. Here's how the "ID" bracelets work: Coach goes with his so-called papers and gets 15 or more bracelets. He then goes back to his team and passes them out to the kids. Uh, away from inquiring minds. Anyway, if anyone gets a chance, go check out the 03 finals today and let us know if there is anything Suspect about a certain team. Not gonna name any names, but just want to let them know that WE know. BTW, FCD Premier 03 needs to really kick their butt back to classic league. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 986
Join date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Guest on 4/21/2013, 4:09 pm

Ibystander wrote:ESPN using ID bracelets? What for?????
What a joke. Here's how the "ID" bracelets work: Coach goes with his so-called papers and gets 15 or more bracelets. He then goes back to his team and passes them out to the kids. Uh, away from inquiring minds. Anyway, if anyone gets a chance, go check out the 03 finals today and let us know if there is anything Suspect about a certain team. Not gonna name any names, but just want to let them know that WE know. BTW, FCD Premier 03 needs to really kick their butt back to classic league. Rolling Eyes

why anyone takes this "tournament" seriously is beyond me. good teams not picked, bad teams invited, constant cheating,good riddance..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by wembleys on 4/21/2013, 9:03 pm

[quote="soccerisgood123"][quote="Ibystander"]ESPN using ID bracelets? What for?????
What a joke. Here's how the "ID" bracelets work: Coach goes with his so-called papers and gets 15 or more bracelets. He then goes back to his team and passes them out to the kids. Uh, away from inquiring minds. Anyway, if anyone gets a chance, go check out the 03 finals today and let us know if there is anything Suspect about a certain team. Not gonna name any names, but just want to let them know that WE know. BTW, FCD Premier 03 needs to really kick their butt back to classic league. Rolling Eyes [/quote]

why anyone takes this "tournament" seriously is beyond me. good teams not picked, bad teams invited, constant cheating,good riddance..[/quote]

We had good teams in our (not 03) brackets and our team did well, but I agree with 123... this tournament deserves a very serious make over, if they want to be taken seriously or if they want to stay on business. Some of issues we had were with teams playing boys that were not on the Refs Roster, when we brought it up, the tournament official mentioned that the official roster is whatever the coach has – REALLY, REALLY, REALLY???

As per a tournament official “ people will always find a way to cheat, there is only so much we can do...“ affraid

So to be in tone with the blog topic my prediction has changed “NO MORE ESPN FOR US”
avatar
wembleys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 245
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Ibystander on 4/21/2013, 10:34 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:ESPN using ID bracelets? What for?????
What a joke. Here's how the "ID" bracelets work: Coach goes with his so-called papers and gets 15 or more bracelets. He then goes back to his team and passes them out to the kids. Uh, away from inquiring minds. Anyway, if anyone gets a chance, go check out the 03 finals today and let us know if there is anything Suspect about a certain team. Not gonna name any names, but just want to let them know that WE know. BTW, FCD Premier 03 needs to really kick their butt back to classic league. Rolling Eyes

why anyone takes this "tournament" seriously is beyond me. good teams not picked, bad teams invited, constant cheating,good riddance..
This is so true. I've spoken to quite a few people and now realize that quite a few good teams tried to sign up for this tourney but were turned away. When asked why, the answer they got was that the tournament chose the "best" teams. lol! Why can't they just come right out and admit it? We are catering... It's ESPN Deportes Beyond Rec Tournament. One club was ubiquitous...FCD, in every age bracket.
avatar
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 986
Join date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Maradona on 4/21/2013, 11:33 pm

DC's Solar turned down?......but he would be an ideal catering candidate cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 278
Join date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Guest on 4/22/2013, 7:03 am

sure seems to be alot of whinning? if you didnt get picked oh well just move on find another tournament to play in Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Number13 on 4/22/2013, 8:12 am

The Boss wrote:sure seems to be alot of whinning? if you didnt get picked oh well just move on find another tournament to play in Rolling Eyes

But...but...but...my son is 13 and can only hold his own if he plays against 9 yr olds, this may have been his lone best shot.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Guest on 4/22/2013, 3:51 pm

Soooo please explain ESPN COPA.....what were the bracelets for, the roster, heck even the birth certificate's? Also, why did you provide rules if even the tournament staff were following them ie; limit of 6 guest players per team???
True: No birth certificate checked, roster NEVER checked and we were one of few teams that ALL of of boys had the bracelets on and NO guest players Question Question Question
While getting ready for our game, several parents witnessed the coach take off the jersery of some players that were there and put it on other players who had arrived just in time. The players who had to give up their jersery looked sad and their parents were pissed...

So to make a long story short, I approached 2 referee's who were standing about 20 feet away, and all of a sudden they didnt speak english and told me to go to the building to complain.
While I was there the game started and the tournament staff meember in the golf cart, told me that If I want to file a complaint about a birth certificate I will need $100.
when I told him it was about the opposing team not having their bracelets on he told me
"not all teams received them so it will happen"

It was another lesson learned and even though we did horrible, we played by the rules and it was a good experience for the boys.
flower

So, can anyone tell me about an upcoming tournament that doesnt have this BS, or is this pretty much the norm??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Guest on 4/22/2013, 3:54 pm

benditlikeb wrote:Soooo please explain ESPN COPA.....what were the bracelets for, the roster, heck even the birth certificate's? Also, why did you provide rules if even the tournament staff were following them ie; limit of 6 guest players per team???
True: No birth certificate checked, roster NEVER checked and we were one of few teams that ALL of of boys had the bracelets on and NO guest players Question Question Question
While getting ready for our game, several parents witnessed the coach take off the jersery of some players that were there and put it on other players who had arrived just in time. The players who had to give up their jersery looked sad and their parents were pissed...

So to make a long story short, I approached 2 referee's who were standing about 20 feet away, and all of a sudden they didnt speak english and told me to go to the building to complain.
While I was there the game started and the tournament staff meember in the golf cart, told me that If I want to file a complaint about a birth certificate I will need $100.
when I told him it was about the opposing team not having their bracelets on he told me
"not all teams received them so it will happen"

It was another lesson learned and even though we did horrible, we played by the rules and it was a good experience for the boys.
flower

So, can anyone tell me about an upcoming tournament that doesnt have this BS, or is this pretty much the norm??

you learned a lesson, the copa is a ridiculous tournament full of cheating and people who don't know what they are doing and should be avoided...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Number13 on 4/22/2013, 4:14 pm

benditlikeb wrote:
So, can anyone tell me about an upcoming tournament that doesnt have this BS, or is this pretty much the norm??

I don't think its the norm. We have played a lot of tourneys versus a lot of the same teams in the 03 age group. Teams that are planning on going Select. Teams that aren't just going to march out a 12 yr old just because. Nobody really checks ages but everybody seems to have a reasonable amount of honor. I never really give it a second thought, at least from a "correct age" standpoint. You see some huge kids and some skilled fast kids, but its the same ones you have seen over and over, not some team you have never heard of that is marching out 5'6" kids. We have never had an issue at Primetime tourneys.

Once a tourney comes out with the whole "we are really going to police the BS this year" that doesn't mean "this tourney knows how to do things correctly", rather its a GIGANTIC RED FLAG that there is going to be a ton of BS. Just sayin.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Guest on 4/22/2013, 4:16 pm

Ibystander wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
Ibystander wrote:ESPN using ID bracelets? What for?????
What a joke. Here's how the "ID" bracelets work: Coach goes with his so-called papers and gets 15 or more bracelets. He then goes back to his team and passes them out to the kids. Uh, away from inquiring minds. Anyway, if anyone gets a chance, go check out the 03 finals today and let us know if there is anything Suspect about a certain team. Not gonna name any names, but just want to let them know that WE know. BTW, FCD Premier 03 needs to really kick their butt back to classic league. Rolling Eyes

why anyone takes this "tournament" seriously is beyond me. good teams not picked, bad teams invited, constant cheating,good riddance..
This is so true. I've spoken to quite a few people and now realize that quite a few good teams tried to sign up for this tourney but were turned away. When asked why, the answer they got was that the tournament chose the "best" teams. lol! Why can't they just come right out and admit it? We are catering... It's ESPN Deportes Beyond Rec Tournament. One club was ubiquitous...FCD, in every age bracket.





FCD in every age bracket because Jesse (Snake) McNeil from FCD was running the show.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum