Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Copa ESPN Predictions?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by mexgenius on 4/10/2013, 11:08 pm

Does anyone have any predictions for the COPA ESPN on 4/19 - 4/21?

Unless the following teams roster up with older players, I predict the following to be out after round-robin play: Oak Cliff Cosmos (Arlington Silver Division team), if it's the Chivas USA '04 team, then they should be out after a round, as should the FC Dallas '04 Gomez team and OC Venom '04 team. Liverpool '03 Owen, another Arlington PAL Silver Division team should be out after one round.

Predictions to win brackets: Dallas East Mexico should win Bracket C. Also, either FW Texans (another silver division team from Arlington PAL that is rostering up with strong guest players), Cruz Azul or FC Dallas Premiere, if it's an '03 team can advance. In Bracket A, I predict either Real GP '03 (which is also rostering up with strong guest players) and FC Premiere if it's an '03 team, to advance.

Personally, I do not think the '04 teams can compete with most '03 teams in this tournament, but I haven't seen some of these '03 teams play.

Wished the team my son plays for, Juventus '03, was playing (currently tied for 3rd place in Arlington Gold Division and a team that has beaten many of the teams in the tournament already). Team was semifinalist at Copa Univision and has won numerous championships against tough Gold Division teams, but those are the breaks. I hope our guest players can make a positive impact on their teams.

mexgenius
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Copa ESPN Predictions?

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 7:37 am

U assume that the teams like FCD Premier will not have guest players. The Mexico team should advance with those older kids that everyone keeps talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/11/2013, 7:50 am

FCD Premiere '03, despite not caring about wins and losses Very Happy , will do nothing but the former. I can't imagine they will need guest players to do it unless they are playing some grown-ass men. But then..this does not really seem to be targeting my demographic, so I could be totally wrong. Have fun.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 4/11/2013, 7:58 am

Everyone can make all kind of predictions but when it comes down it. The kids will have a great time playing in the tournament.

Also,Just because a team is playing in silver or an 04 team doesn't make them inferior.

Best of luck to all the teams with guest players, older kids, or just playing with your original roster.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 8:31 am

Soccer27 wrote:Everyone can make all kind of predictions but when it comes down it. The kids will have a great time playing in the tournament.

Also,Just because a team is playing in silver or an 04 team doesn't make them inferior.

Best of luck to all the teams with guest players, older kids, or just playing with your original roster.

Well said 27, well said!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 8:40 am

Soccer27 wrote:Everyone can make all kind of predictions but when it comes down it. The kids will have a great time playing in the tournament.

Actually best of luck to those playing by the rules. Cheaters hopefully you will be exposed and eliminated, which is what you deserve....

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C on 4/11/2013, 9:16 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:

Actually best of luck to those playing by the rules. Cheaters hopefully you will be exposed and eliminated, which is what you deserve....

Amen!
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman on 4/11/2013, 10:53 am

I know that Solar Dymamo is playing with own roster and no guest players. Might put us at a disadvantage but that's how we roll.

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 10:55 am

sukiakiman wrote:I know that Solar Dymamo is playing with own roster and no guest players. Might put us at a disadvantage but that's how we roll.

guest players are ok, i prefer teams dont play with them but whatever. i just dont like teams playing with 12 year olds pretending to be 10. If i were a manager i would do a roster check before every game in this tournament.... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rancho4C on 4/11/2013, 11:05 am

sukiakiman wrote:I know that Solar Dymamo is playing with own roster and no guest players. Might put us at a disadvantage but that's how we roll.

No disadvantage w/your team Suki, your team is one of the few that doesn't need guest players.
Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame on 4/11/2013, 11:11 am

Rancho4C wrote:

No disadvantage w/your team Suki, your team is one of the few that doesn't need guest players.

Unless they are playing up in a 04 tournament and then they add as many older guest players they can from Texans Pomykal lol!
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 11:15 am

OC Cosmos 03 will have only one guest player and YES. He is an 03. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 4/11/2013, 11:17 am

We aren't using any guest players or older kids. I already told our coach to do a roster check on the named team that has a rep of using older kids.

I rather loose straight up then use illegal players.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 12:54 pm

Liverpool 03 Owen is also playing with orginal roster, no guest players, no older players Very Happy .....
So I am new at this but my question is.. if everyone knows about these teams and they have a history of "cheating" why isn't something done or why do the tournament directors keep letting them participate??
We have been to only a few tournments and I know for a fact teams had 02 players playing with 03's....and yes, I mentioned someting to the tournment director, yet nothing was done.
Needless to say it hasn't stopped us from registering for upcoming tournments and we explain to the boys that it's just another challenge we need to overcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 1:21 pm

This same kind thread shows up in almost every age group on this site (multiple times. As near as I can tell, the tournament directors don't want to invest the time required to investigate, or deal with the confrontation that would follow. There's not a lot they can do if the teams have rosters, birth certificates and IDs that appear facially valid. I suppose they could interview the boys one by one or check school ID's and rosters, but to my knowledge they don't.

I don't respect the coaches who cheat, but I get why they do it(career enhancement, with little risk of punishment). What I don't understand is the parents who let their kids cheat by playing down an age group. It doesn't prove much, and it teaches the boys a poor life lesson at an impressionable age.

benditlikeb wrote:Liverpool 03 Owen is also playing with orginal roster, no guest players, no older players Very Happy .....
So I am new at this but my question is.. if everyone knows about these teams and they have a history of "cheating" why isn't something done or why do the tournament directors keep letting them participate??
We have been to only a few tournments and I know for a fact teams had 02 players playing with 03's....and yes, I mentioned someting to the tournment director, yet nothing was done.
Needless to say it hasn't stopped us from registering for upcoming tournments and we explain to the boys that it's just another challenge we need to overcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by hugeronaldofan on 4/11/2013, 1:30 pm

[quote="blueisthecolor"]This same kind thread shows up in almost every age group on this site (multiple times. As near as I can tell, the tournament directors don't want to invest the time required to investigate, or deal with the confrontation that would follow. There's not a lot they can do if the teams have rosters, birth certificates and IDs that appear facially valid. I suppose they could interview the boys one by one or check school ID's and rosters, but to my knowledge they don't.

I don't respect the coaches who cheat, but I get why they do it(career enhancement, with little risk of punishment). What I don't understand is the parents who let their kids cheat by playing down an age group. It doesn't prove much, and it teaches the boys a poor life lesson at an impressionable age.

Keep in mind these are some of the same parents who teach their boys to purposely foul other players too! Whatever gives them the "WIN"!

hugeronaldofan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 1:32 pm

blueisthecolor wrote:This same kind thread shows up in almost every age group on this site (multiple times. As near as I can tell, the tournament directors don't want to invest the time required to investigate, or deal with the confrontation that would follow. There's not a lot they can do if the teams have rosters, birth certificates and IDs that appear facially valid. I suppose they could interview the boys one by one or check school ID's and rosters, but to my knowledge they don't.

benditlikeb wrote:Liverpool 03 Owen is also playing with orginal roster, no guest players, no older players Very Happy .....

nothing sadder than a roster check on a kid, whens your birthday?, uh uh uh uh i dont know....pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/11/2013, 1:47 pm

Words from last tournament in line at the concession stand
Me Laughing Wow your son is tall, how old is he?
Parent: 11
Me: Oh and he is an 03??? My face Question
Parent( After reading my face.. oh no I ment he is 10, turning 11 my english is bad
Me: Wow he is tall for 10.....

Back to top Go down

Post by jessesalas79 on 4/11/2013, 2:15 pm

Does anybody know when schedule is coming out?

jessesalas79
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just4kickz on 4/11/2013, 2:51 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:

guest players are ok, i prefer teams dont play with them but whatever. i just dont like teams playing with 12 year olds pretending to be 10. If i were a manager i would do a roster check before every game in this tournament.... Rolling Eyes

From what I can recall there is a $100 fee to do a roster check. If the other team cheats you get your money back. If the kid is legit, you don't get your money back. Would you be willing to pay at that fee at every game? Not many teams would pay.
just4kickz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 4/11/2013, 3:02 pm

Do they take plastic?? Lol

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fastforward on 4/11/2013, 4:26 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
blueisthecolor wrote:This same kind thread shows up in almost every age group on this site (multiple times. As near as I can tell, the tournament directors don't want to invest the time required to investigate, or deal with the confrontation that would follow. There's not a lot they can do if the teams have rosters, birth certificates and IDs that appear facially valid. I suppose they could interview the boys one by one or check school ID's and rosters, but to my knowledge they don't.

nothing sadder than a roster check on a kid, whens your birthday?, uh uh uh uh i dont know....pathetic

Uh kid, when is your birthday? Kid reply "I don't know".
Hilarious!!!!!! affraid
fastforward
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 4/14/2013, 7:30 pm

jessesalas79 wrote:Does anybody know when schedule is coming out?

Schdule is out cheers

Good luck everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by jessesalas79 on 4/15/2013, 8:04 am

What happened to the copa espn schedule?

jessesalas79
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 4/15/2013, 10:46 am

It is back up

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down