Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Whatever - This Guy is Clueless

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whatever - This Guy is Clueless

Post by Uncleof05AP on 10/18/2017, 9:49 pm

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Whatever - This Guy is Clueless

Post by Socceroo on 10/18/2017, 11:23 pm

I agree with Claudio...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/19/2017, 7:28 am

We play the kids up and don't care if we lose.  Huh.  That's crazy stuff, sir.  

Of the local teams, really only FCD can pull that off.  Because their position is secure and is not dependent on winning or losing.   Everybody else is on the win or lose the kids mentality/reality.      

I did like "the culture of blame is to blame".    The problem here, you see, is that there is a problem.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 10/19/2017, 7:53 am

Socceroo, it does not surprise me that you take his side.   You think he knows better than me because he happened to play in the Bundesliga and Premier Leagues, as well as captain the national team, while I am merely a toll-booth attendant.  So ridiculous on your part.  

This is the section that I enjoyed the most:

“I don’t think we have the behaviors in how we treat the sport in this country. There’s a lack of humility, there’s a lack of modesty with how we approach the sport here. You go to Germany, Spain and I’ve had the privilege of living abroad for 13 years and traveling the world all the time from people on how to be a better sporting director, how to be a better coach, how do academy coaches work and the one thing you see is that there’s much more humility in the work. You go to speak to a U14, U15 coach at FC Barcelona and they want to learn more from you than you from them. If you go to the local clubs anywhere in the country and the U14, U15 coach, youth technical director and they have all the answers. They tend to be arrogant, they don’t want to listen, they don’t realize what they’re doing isn’t right.”

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/19/2017, 8:08 am

The whole premise here is that you need to hire somebody who knows a lot about soccer to coach your son.   That is the basis for the coach getting paid by the parent.  You'd think that might make it where the coach is doing everything he can to learn more about soccer.  But instead I think you get the case where the coach is going to suppress any appearance that he doesn't know everything that he needs to know.

How many times has the DOC at your club come to your practices and given feedback to your coach?   I'd guess never.  Not to mention bringing in somebody from outside the club to give them feedback.   Almost all of these guys are on an island by themselves and don't have interest in somebody else coming in and giving them suggestions.  

You see it in American football.   Coaches are always going to clinics, visiting rivals, teams in different regions, trying to learn a bit about what is going on.   Or really in just about any business.  Benchmarking.  Conferences.  Etc.   Just hoping to get one good nugget that can help you out. There isn't a lot of soccer introspection going on.   I don't know that its a lack of humility as much as its just territorial and/or lazy.   But then he is dealing with folks a bit higher up the food chain.

Shrug.  I don't know s*.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 10/19/2017, 8:52 am

Number13 wrote:The whole premise here is that you need to hire somebody who knows a lot about soccer to coach your son.   That is the basis for the coach getting paid by the parent.  You'd think that might make it where the coach is doing everything he can to learn more about soccer.  But instead I think you get the case where the coach is going to suppress any appearance that he doesn't know everything that he needs to know.

How many times has the DOC at your club come to your practices and given feedback to your coach?   I'd guess never.  Not to mention bringing in somebody from outside the club to give them feedback.   Almost all of these guys are on an island by themselves and don't have interest in somebody else coming in and giving them suggestions.  

You see it in American football.   Coaches are always going to clinics, visiting rivals, teams in different regions, trying to learn a bit about what is going on.   Or really in just about any business.  Benchmarking.  Conferences.  Etc.   Just hoping to get one good nugget that can help you out.   There isn't a lot of soccer introspection going on.   I don't know that its a lack of humility as much as its just territorial and/or lazy.   But then he is dealing with folks a bit higher up the food chain.

Shrug.  I don't know s*.

There are coaches in DFW that do this. Strangely enough, many on this forum talk down about them.

That fact probably says more about the aggregate knowledge of the posters here than the quality of the coaches in NTX.

Plenty of bad ones, but there are some very good ones as well (obviously none are perfect).
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/19/2017, 9:55 am

Don't see why anyone would be upset at what CR said except for the kind of people he is actually talking about.
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC-E-Rules on 10/21/2017, 6:16 pm

CR is spot on. I have personally came across the arrogant coaches he refers to at the youth level. Having wasted a season last year with a joke of a coach, In my opinion, finding a very good coach who cares about development is the best thing you can do for your BB. Even better if you can find one with DA or D1 teams regardless of club.
AFC-E-Rules
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum