Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

WTF...

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WTF...

Post by Number13 on 10/13/2017, 8:48 am

Yep.  We just need the US to dismantle Obamacare, enlist the whole medical profession as civil servants, and redistribute all of the wages to fund youth soccer for each and every citizen.   I believe its one of the unalienable rights.  Access to youth activities.   Lots of gymnasts that need a handout as well.  

The main cost is the coach.  Have enough free coaches and they don't cost anything.   We don't have enough free coaches worth a crap.   So somebody has to pay them.   (and yeah sure, paying them is no guarantee of quality in many cases).   And the system doesn't produce a good enough product for people outside the system to want to carry the costs.   MLS certainly is not going to subsidize 20 million kids worth of select soccer every year for a $50B price tag.  

We all know plenty of people who can't pay who the system takes care of.  I'd say FCD DA is the top local program, and it's free.  Its easy to say "its not the cost because player X doesn't pay jack".   But I also know a lot of people from disadvantaged backgrounds who get very well taken care of in the overall society.   Free college, diversity initiatives, affirmative action, whatever.   But that is a small % of folks, those folks are the exception.   Being disadvantaged sucks.   Most folks who feel disenfranchised never make any attempt to give things (select soccer, college) a shot.   Thus the perception of disenfranchisement becomes the reality.   If you can't pay and are good, like Howard, you will get taken care of IF you put yourself out there.      

There is no easy fix.  You need everybody to want to play soccer.  You need soccer role models.   Everybody needs an uncle who almost made it.   An older neighbor who played at a higher level who is playing pickup soccer at your local park.  Fathers who can coach.   Right now most of your potential players don't even bother with ANY sort of soccer.  Ever.  It will be a long process, and it may never amount to anything,  have to have success to have success.   Which is part of the angst about not qualifying.

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 10/13/2017, 8:54 am

RR, I think most people on this board agree with you that "pay-to-play" hinders the growth of soccer in the United States. But how do you eliminate it? How do you incentivize the clubs to do it - make it so they profit? One way is to implement a pro/rel system in the United States. In the short run, however, that is most likely not going to happen. It is easy to spot the problem but that does not solve anything. We clearly have an abundance of experts on this board. Maybe they have the solution?

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 10/13/2017, 9:27 am

Uncleof05AP wrote:RR, I think most people on this board agree with you that "pay-to-play" hinders the growth of soccer in the United States.  But how do you eliminate it?  How do you incentivize the clubs to do it - make it so they profit?  One way is to implement a pro/rel system in the United States.  In the short run, however, that is most likely not going to happen.  It is easy to spot the problem but that does not solve anything.  We clearly have an abundance of experts on this board.  Maybe they have the solution?    

There is no simple answer that I have seen. Pay to play sucks and surely some very good are getting missed, but there are places that have scholarships. Doesn't cover all the kids it could, but if you are really good, you can play for free. Just head up to Frisco. Kids move from all over the Country to go to Frisco for a chance to make it in MLS. But that does not cover everyone and it is a big commitment. Surely there needs to be more affordable soccer.

The question is how do you make that happen? Who picks up the tab for coaches, travel, uniforms, balls, practice fields. None of that is free.

If youth clubs could sell players the cost would be covered. But there are lot of impediments to say Ayses finding a great player in Fairview, training him for a few years and then selling him to FCD or to a team overseas. Child labor laws for one and a host of other issues. But that could solve the money problem. Lets say they find one kid they sell for $500K. Could make soccer free for a lot of other kids in hopes of finding another one. Last problem is there is not a huge market for American players.( will get even worse after no WC) When is the last time an American player was bought for large price from MLS to go to Europe? Brek Shea, Deandre Yedlin and I am sure there are others, but not an everyday occurrence. Best option is probably youth clubs selling players to MLS but according to MLS they all operate at in the red. ( who knows if that true)

Question to the pro/rel folks. I like the idea but lets say US Soccer announces tomorrow they are instituting pro/rel? MLS says, we are not taking part in that system so USL becomes the first division for purposes of US soccer. Does that title even matter? MLS has the teams, stadiums, tv deals, players and notoriety right now. So how does US soccer instituting pro/rel have any effect on MLS? Honestly don't know how that would work.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 10/13/2017, 9:36 am

used to be that playing for your school was the highest level of soccer. since they started cutting men's soccer in college (Title IX), clubs have taken over and the pay to play model has grown. Schools and Colleges have the funds to train players (like basketball, baseball, football, etc.). Until soccer can sell out stadiums and make a school money, it wont be moved to the fore-front and the pay to play model will exist. something has to generate revenue in order to eliminate that system. soccer simply doesn't generate revenue in the U.S. there are no commercial breaks either.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 9:50 am

Uncleof05AP wrote:RR, I think most people on this board agree with you that "pay-to-play" hinders the growth of soccer in the United States.  But how do you eliminate it?  How do you incentivize the clubs to do it - make it so they profit?  One way is to implement a pro/rel system in the United States.  In the short run, however, that is most likely not going to happen.  It is easy to spot the problem but that does not solve anything.  We clearly have an abundance of experts on this board.  Maybe they have the solution?    

Pay to play is a problem that is never really going to go away. BUT, but actually following FIFA rules in regards to Solidarity Payments, it could go a long way.

The problem with Solidarity Pmts to US Youth Soccer Academies was always the pay to play model. If parents are paying, you (club) have no right to solidarity pmts since the player has already paied you for the training....But as more and more academies go the free route for DA, the solidarity pmts would be a nice income for these Non-MLS affiliated academy clubs to try to keep their academies free.

FIFA Rules are clear....but of course we Americans have to be different on every little freaking thing:

Article 20 - Training compensation

Training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1) when a player signs his first contract as a professional and (2) each time a professional is transferred until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday. The obligation to pay training compensation arises whether the transfer takes place during or at the end of the player’s contract. The provisions concerning training compensation are set out in Annexe 4 of these regulations.

Article 21 - Solidarity mechanism

If a professional is transferred before the expiry of his contract, any club that has contributed to his education and training shall receive a proportion of the compensation paid to his former club (solidarity contribution). The provisions concerning solidarity contributions are set out in Annexe 5 of these regulations.

Annexes 4 and 5 are long and boring – read them for yourself, if you don’t believe me. But both end with similar phrasing:

Article 7 - Disciplinary measures

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee may impose disciplinary measures on clubs or players that do not observe the obligations set out in this annexe.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 9:59 am

All the pundits that keep saying Child Labor laws are an impediment  are wrong....

The Laws are clear:

For non-agricultural jobs, children under 14 may not be employed, children between 14 and 16 may be employed in allowed occupations during limited hours, and children between 16 and 18 may be employed for unlimited hours in non-hazardous occupations. 

So there you go....your 14 yrd OLD can be technically  "employed" by your DA Academy. 

Also, we are so blind to the actual Child Labour Laws....most people don't even know that a 10 or 11 yr old can work in agricultural jobs if the Farm is not required to pay federal minimum wage. 

We are a bunch of hypocrites...Our poor kids can work in farms at 10, but in Soccer? Oh no.... What a freaking joke...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/13/2017, 10:07 am

Majortom wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:
Number13 wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:

Perfect example of our broken system, look at U17 BNT, Blaine Ferri is there and many of us in NTX have seen him play and he is no world beater nor would he have made it on some of the top teams in NTX but his daddy has long standing connections with USA bureaucracy and that is how he is there. Nothing personal with the kid or dad its just that is how all this works!

Haha.  Nothing personal, 17-yr old kid.  You just suck and your daddy bought your way onto the team.  But nothing personal.   Very Happy

I heard he got cut from a few CL teams, so he had to play up in DA instead, and from there he got scooped right up to start for the U17 team.   For all I know his dad bribed Gulati to get him on the team past all the other political BS, but everybody I know says he appears to be Jesus Christ come down amongst us on the soccer pitch relative to the local proles his age.  Which is probably what it takes if you are going to be an average USNT player.  

I'm sure if folks want to name names there are, IMO, a lot more glaring cases of politics.  But to each his own.  

We all have biases.   I seriously doubt rich white kids are the best place to be looking for a team of world class players, but everything is on a case-by-case basis.   There is very little evidence that any demographic here is capable of producing world class players.

Daddy has the connections and that does not mean he has to bribe anyone its about who you know. If you know the right people then you get the opportunities others can only dream of. But he is one example of many that cause the USMNT at each age level to falter. It has nothing to do with this kid being WHITE as you say, it has all to do with political connections. He is an average player at best but then again so is the USMNT. There are many players that are better but do not get the opportunities that these connected players have. Maybe US Scouts should come to a few inner city league games or maybe watch some local semi-pro teams etc. to find real talent.

The kid has something special...he's excelled at every sport he's ever played -tennis, football, soccer, basketball- and could have pursued any of them at the next level.  IMO, he is head and shoulders above most local CL and DA club players his age. He reads the game well. U17 NT coach plays him differently than his club coach does.

To be clear, he did play for a top NTX team for many years; his dad has been very loyal to the only club he's ever played for -some sentimental reason-....playing up in DA at his club isn't much to brag about, if your last name is Ree***....or if there's a remote chance of helping any of the teams out of their current slumping seasons, you play up. That said, every season he's played either PA or DA, his team has had a losing season...not his fault as he's usually traveling but notable regardless as that can be viewed differently (rest of the team/coach sucks, coach plays him in different position, he's not a world beater, he can't do everything, etc.). Watched him play a few weeks ago...scored goal but nothing spectacular. Obvious he didn't want to risk an injury before WC. Love his vision. He should be back in town for couple of home games after WC.

There's always been a rumor about connections/politics -RR may be in the know-. AS will be the first one to take credit for it..who knows? Easiest way to find out is to show up at Stampede on a Thursday night, buy a couple of beers and dad will open up...alternatively, simple google search with right keywords could reveal some connections.... Do "means justify end"?...maybe..to each his own..he's managed to stay and that's admirable.

If you think he so special then maybe US Soccer is doomed. He is average and I have seen many players head and shoulders better. This is my point, if US Soccer keeps inflating these average players then USMNT will stay average. If you really think he is the best in NTX then you obviously don't know good soccer. Its ok though in the end the people that know understand that political connections rule. USA not the only place politics exist. Mexico is full of it too, which is why they will never win a WC either.
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 10:12 am

Riquelme Rises wrote:
Socceroo wrote:Guys, the whole excuse of not enough inner city kids playing or not having the opportunity to play is NOT the reason why US Soccer is in the state it is today.

Yes, there is no question US Soccer could benefit from making soccer more available to inner city kids, but c'mon....IF ICELAND can make it WITHOUT ANY inner city kids, then a country with Millions and Millions of kids playing (regardless of they are all middle class kids) should be able to find and develop a great starting XI. Lets get real here....there are enough players in this country that you should in theory be able to come up with 2 or 3 teams of "MIddle Class" kids that can play the game...

Delusional

Just in case you are not that familiar with the English Language:

Delusional:

ADJECTIVE: characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

I can count with two hands, the number of USMNT players OVER THE LAST 30 YRS that came from inner cities....The VAST MAJORITY were middle class kids....And yes, maybe this is part of the reason why the US has not been that great....BUT EVEN with all of these middle class kids/players...They have still qualified to every world cup since 1986.

Heck, arguably the 2 most technically sound US soccer players EVER came from middle class families (LD and CP).

And that was my point, which you conveniently wants to brush under the rug.....There is NO excuse not to qualify....and inner city kids is NOT an excuse...

Last edited by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 10:17 am

Riquelme Rises wrote:

If you think he so special then maybe US Soccer is doomed. He is average and I have seen many players head and shoulders better. This is my point, if US Soccer keeps inflating these average players then USMNT will stay average. If you really think he is the best in NTX then you obviously don't know good soccer. Its ok though in the end the people that know understand that political connections rule. USA not the only place politics exist. Mexico is full of it too, which is why they will never win a WC either.

Stop with the excuses.....POLITICS is not why they never win a WC....

Or do you think there is no Politics at play in BRAZIL when it comes to their national team??? Don't be Naïve.....Until TITE took over that squad, Brazil has had outsiders influencing who is and is not called to the National Team. Since 1986 this has occurred and YET, Brazil has won 2 WC since then.....With all the politics and corruption in their federation.....STOP the excuses....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 10/13/2017, 10:28 am

I think a lot of soccer parents prefer to pay someone rather than give up their own time. Sure we all grumble about the cost but culturally we don't seem to want to invest time in soccer for some reason. I see very little volunteering in soccer.

My other son was in swimming and the club required every family to complete a certain amount of volunteer hours every year. This kept the costs down for meets or other jobs to run a club beyond the daily coaching. Parents are the time keepers, officials, check in desk, safety marshals and so on.

In soccer we pay for nearly everything and we have expensive uniforms, sweats, bags, pregame jerseys (seriously...) that may as well be designed by Calvin Klein. There are plenty of ways we could reduce the cost of our practice, leagues and tournaments. But I don't see the desire.

I have long thought that our older players should teach the younger ones. Why can't some 16 year olds donate a few hours here and there to run the skills & scrimmage session for a few teams of 10 and 11 year olds (with an adult checking in now and then to make sure things are ok)?

Although I like the idea of solidarity payments because I want to see clubs have an incentive to develop players. I don't see how it can work effectively though. Clubs who charge players should not get solidarity payments. Even if they scholarshipped the future star because it was really the rest of the parents that paid for the scholarship, not the club.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 10:39 am

davito wrote:
Although I like the idea of solidarity payments because I want to see clubs have an incentive to develop players. I don't see how it can work effectively though. Clubs who charge players should not get solidarity payments. Even if they scholarshipped the future star because it was really the rest of the parents that paid for the scholarship, not the club.

True, but the only clubs that should qualify for Solidarity pmts are the ones whose DA or Academies are FREE AFTER U-12.
THey should still charge age groups below U-12....it is not realistic that they don't.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/13/2017, 11:34 am

Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:

Or do you think there is no Politics at play in BRAZIL when it comes to their national team??? Don't be Naïve.....Until TITE took over that squad, Brazil has had outsiders influencing who is and is not called to the National Team. Since 1986 this has occurred and YET, Brazil has won 2 WC since then.....With all the politics and corruption in their federation.....STOP the excuses....

Ok blind man. All those players are the best on USMNT!!! If you really think that then I cannot help you. Brazil? You really bring up Brazil and actually compare them to USA Soccer....lmao!!! Riquelme Out! Hahahahaha
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 2:43 pm

Riquelme Rises wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:

Ok blind man. All those players are the best on USMNT!!! If you really think that then I cannot help you. Brazil? You really bring up Brazil and actually compare them to USA Soccer....lmao!!! Riquelme Out! Hahahahaha

Obviously there is a reading comprehension problem here....so no...I obviously do not need your help...

1st - I never said those were the best players for the USMNT....TRY AGAIN with glasses this time...Maybe you will understand my point the second time...

2nd - You said that "Politics is the reason why MEXICO will never win a WC". I was referring to your Mexico comment and comparing it to Brazil..... wow...hard to have conversation here......Are you a HS graduate?   Rolling Eyes

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 10/13/2017, 3:32 pm

it's all very simple. if it doesn't make money in the USA, it won't do well. Soccer does not make money here, so therefore it wont get the attention and growth it deserves. We need to send more young players to Europe if we want to get better. Ivory Coast has no money and they are able to create world class players because they are sent off at a young age.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/13/2017, 4:02 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:

Obviously there is a reading comprehension problem here....so no...I obviously do not need your help...

1st - I never said those were the best players for the USMNT....TRY AGAIN with glasses this time...Maybe you will understand my point the second time...

2nd - You said that "Politics is the reason why MEXICO will never win a WC". I was referring to your Mexico comment and comparing it to Brazil..... wow...hard to have conversation here......Are you a HS graduate?   Rolling Eyes

Mexico cannot compare to Brazil either. Next time you want to say something personal like your HS question send a PM so we can meet and you can ask me in person. Cool?
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 4:18 pm

Riquelme Rises wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:

Mexico cannot compare to Brazil either. Next time you want to say something personal like your HS question send a PM so we can meet and you can ask me in person. Cool?

wow....touched a nerve huh....Now I'm definitely scared...     pale      

Aren't you the same Macho man that kept going on in another thread about the thin skin of parents and kids in the area? Maybe you need to take some of your own advice and "grow a pair"    OR you can continue to ask everyone in here that calls you out to meet you at a parking lot somewhere in Richland College...       

Chill out...

As to our original conversation.... Why can't we compare Mexico to Brazil?

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry14 on 10/13/2017, 4:33 pm

Socceroo wrote:Guys, the whole excuse of not enough inner city kids playing or not having the opportunity to play is NOT the reason why US Soccer is in the state it is today.

Yes, there is no question US Soccer could benefit from making soccer more available to inner city kids, but c'mon....IF ICELAND can make it WITHOUT ANY inner city kids, then a country with Millions and Millions of kids playing (regardless of they are all middle class kids) should be able to find and develop a great starting XI. Lets get real here....there are enough players in this country that you should in theory be able to come up with 2 or 3 teams of "MIddle Class" kids that can play the game...

I don't think it's all about inner city kids not playing However, the vast majority of our top athletes don't play soccer....period. It's crazy when I watch alot of older DA teams, and see how unathletic alot of the boys are. I mean no offense by this. We need athletes who are athletic enough to be good at multiple sports....But they love soccer. In most cases US boys soccer is still a kids sport for top athletes, unless their parents have a love of the game. It's used to train them for the "Real" American Sports.

I'll also say this, I put my BB in soccer because his athleticism is special in this sport. But if he was playing basketball or football it would not be as rare. Until more top athletes(black, white, asian, hispanic...etc.) pick up a love of the game US soccer is doomed.

Henry14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 5:01 pm

Henry14 wrote:

I don't think it's all about inner city kids not playing  However,  the vast majority of our top athletes don't play soccer....period.  It's crazy when I watch alot of older DA teams, and see how unathletic alot of the boys are. I mean no offense by this. We need athletes who are athletic enough to be good at multiple sports....But they love soccer.  In most cases US boys soccer is still a kids sport for top athletes, unless their parents have a love of the game.  It's used to train them for the "Real" American Sports.

I'll also say this, I put my BB in soccer because his athleticism is special in this sport.  But if he was playing basketball or football it would not be as rare. Until more top athletes(black, white, asian, hispanic...etc.) pick up a love of the game US soccer is doomed.

I hear this a lot...and this is just another excuse americans like to use to explain our mediocrity in soccer.

This is country of 325 Million people that has won more than 2500 OLYMPIC medals by dominating almost every sport there is besides Football, Basketball, Baseball. WE dominate almost every sport out there...how come these other sports do not suffer from the "mass exodus" of TOP ATHLETES to Football/Basketball. etc....Even with the "SUPERIOR" athletes going to the NFL, we still win most of the medals in Track and Field....How come? 

With all due respect, this is pure BS....or does anybody here thinks LaBron James or Tom Brady or Michael Jordan would have excelled in soccer and played for Barcelona if they had chosen soccer instead? 

Lets get real here and stop with this excuse....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 10/13/2017, 5:30 pm

[quote="Socceroo"][quote="Henry14"]
Socceroo wrote:

With all due respect, this is pure BS....or does anybody here thinks LaBron James or Tom Brady or Michael Jordan would have excelled in soccer and played for Barcelona if they had chosen soccer instead? 

they would excel in any sport if there was a payday attached to it. the only people to make significant money off of soccer in the US is foreign players like David Beckham or David Villa because they are marketable and bring audiences from other countries. Ive never been to a sold out FC Dallas game. Been to plenty sold out Maverick's games. Pulisic left the US as a teenager to go to Europe. that is the only course of action for better World Cup players. Even track stars like Michael Johnson make more than professional US soccer players.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by blues fan on 10/13/2017, 5:35 pm

Couldn't agree more, the whole "our top athletes don't play soccer" argument is complete BS!
blues fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry14 on 10/13/2017, 5:47 pm

just-a-dad wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Henry14 wrote:
Socceroo wrote:

they would excel in any sport if there was a payday attached to it.  the only people to make significant money off of soccer in the US is foreign players like David Beckham or David Villa because they are marketable and bring audiences from other countries.  Ive never been to a sold out FC Dallas game.  Been to plenty sold out Maverick's games.   Pulisic left the US as a teenager to go to Europe.   that is the only course of action for better World Cup players.  Even track stars like Michael Johnson make more than professional US soccer players.

I agree with this.... The money is not in soccer. If it was the better athletes would come.

Henry14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry14 on 10/13/2017, 5:59 pm

blues fan wrote:Couldn't agree more, the whole "our top athletes don't play soccer" argument is complete BS!

They don't. That is reality...

Got to a U13 AAU top team Basketball game, and then go watch a U13 DA game. and just for apples to apples sake. Just compare the players under 6'0. I've done this before. It is almost comical. The speed, agilty, and SKILL does not compare.

Henry14
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/13/2017, 7:44 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:
Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:

wow....touched a nerve huh....Now I'm definitely scared...     pale      

Aren't you the same Macho man that kept going on in another thread about the thin skin of parents and kids in the area? Maybe you need to take some of your own advice and "grow a pair"    OR you can continue to ask everyone in here that calls you out to meet you at a parking lot somewhere in Richland College...       

Chill out...

As to our original conversation.... Why can't we compare Mexico to Brazil?

No nerve touched. We are all going on about soccer and you have to try and offend me personally and we all know you would not do that in person. We can keep debating why the USMNT sucks but dont try and be a forum tough guy.
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/13/2017, 9:29 pm

Riquelme Rises wrote:

No nerve touched. We are all going on about soccer and you have to try and offend me personally and we all know you would not do that in person. We can keep debating why the USMNT sucks but dont try and be a forum tough guy.

Dude, you started with your arrogant comments.... I'm not trying to offend you personally. If you were offended, oh well... tough luck... Chill out. The only person in here has acted like a keyboard warrior forum tough guy over the last 2 years has been you. Should I remind you of all your BS posts about meeting people in the parking lot? 

Drop the tough guy attitude and grow up...Otherwise, do like you said you were going to do a year ago and stop coming to the forum...you wont be missed......I don't want to argue this BS with you. This is a good and fun topic and you are sucking the life out of it....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/13/2017, 10:58 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Riquelme Rises wrote:

Dude, you started with your arrogant comments.... I'm not trying to offend you personally. If you were offended, oh well... tough luck... Chill out. The only person in here has acted like a keyboard warrior forum tough guy over the last 2 years has been you. Should I remind you of all your BS posts about meeting people in the parking lot? 

Drop the tough guy attitude and grow up...Otherwise, do like you said you were going to do a year ago and stop coming to the forum...you wont be missed......I don't want to argue this BS with you. This is a good and fun topic and you are sucking the life out of it....

When I find out who you are I am gonna kick your ass!!!!
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 on 10/14/2017, 8:08 am

04Soccerdad wrote:
R1 wrote:Its not youth soccer thats the problem.  Its the pro system.  The pro teams need a MLS 2, and MLS 3 (minor league teams attached to the pro teams) to develop players who are 18-25 yrs of age who "may" become a great pro, but needs some polishing.  Much like baseball and hockey.  Some people dont bloom until their mid-20s (Michael Johnson).  MLS is not developing pro US players.  18 to 23 year old players who cant make a MLS squad, but are close, or maybe they are good enough, but they arent getting a good enough look, they need a format to develop that final step.

Develop more of your US pro prospects, and you will find more great players that will make the national team a better team.

There is a "minor" league system.  It's called USL.  FC Dallas has OKC Energy FC.

No, Bob Funk owns OKC Energy (not FC Dallas), and from what I have heard, FC Dallas has sent homegrown players to OKC in the past to get play time, and OKC will send them back to FC Dallas without even playing, if OKC already has a good starter in that position.   They arent the same organization.  OKC has their own wants and needs separate from FC Dallas.  They will take a player if they need one, but OKC is not FC Dallas' minor league system..
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum