Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

WTF...

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTF...

Post by Uncleof05AP on 10/10/2017, 9:10 pm

Will someone help me by putting a positive spin on what just happened?   It is going to be a long night for me (and my family).  I am about to open my first case of Busch.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF...

Post by finish1 on 10/10/2017, 9:20 pm

I already said that Bruce Arena is not the answer. Too much politics in US soccer and the local clubs can't identify talent. We focus too much on who is the best right now with no regard to who has the potential to be great when it really matters.

The DA coaches are the same old poop in a different pile. The customers have to Hodor the change and too many of us don't know enough about soccer to demand something different.

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 10/10/2017, 9:25 pm

Haha, the Hodor strikes again. We can change the system, but too many of us don't know enough to expect more.

Hint, ask the clubs to play the ball out of the back at U11 and U12 and give the defense 10 yards to start the play. Enabling the long ball on a short field feeds to weakness that is US soccer.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom on 10/10/2017, 9:27 pm

Be patient... 9 years of age pure teams, breakout lines, and learning to head the ball at age 12 will have us on top of the soccer world in 2026.

Last edited by coachdom on 10/10/2017, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Boy on 10/10/2017, 9:33 pm

Finish1, you are spot on. It's all about getting the fastest, biggest kids, that can "boot it" a long way to win right now. No focus on developing kids with first touch, soccer IQ or making good decisions under pressure. All of youth soccer is guilty - DA, ODP and the clubs. Maybe futsal is the answer.

07Boy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 10/10/2017, 10:28 pm

Dom, that's funny. You know.

07B, we are not advanced enough to extend the touch of futsal with the tactics of open field play. Besides, the folks that own the NTX futsal scene are total clowns.

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 10/10/2017, 10:37 pm

While drinking my first case of Busch, I have had some time to reflect.  First, my heart goes out to Omar Gonzalez.   I can only imagine how he feels tonight.  After what happened tonight, it would not shock me if we found him in five years overdosed on meth in a ditch.  

Anyway, we need to use this as an opportunity.  First, we need to find a dynamic coach.  Second, I love Howard, Dempsey, Bradley, and the rest of them.  I do not necessarily blame them, but it is time for some new blood.  We have some great, young talent (as evidenced by the U-17 team).  Over the next five years, we should be focusing on our young talent, such as Weston McKennie and Josh Sargent to name a couple (and of course Pulisic, Nagbe, and Yedlin).  

Finally, I guess hindsight is 20/20, but Geoff Cameron should have been in the lineup tonight. Okay, just opened my second case.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 10/10/2017, 10:47 pm

Also, Dom, top five post of the year in my opinion.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/10/2017, 10:57 pm

Omar deserves to feel bad....he is half the player he is when he plays for the US....a total choker. 

Bruce Arena is a complete disaster. Bradley is way past his prime. There absolutely is NO EXCUSE for the US to lose to Trinidad Tobago under ANY circumstances....Time for big changes...everywhere....The BS British style of Direct Play Long Ball BS doesn't work for the US. 2 decades of English coaches leading the way within the US ranks should be telling....Enough with the English....They cant even win anything on their own. THe only reason the EPL is good is because of the NON-ENGLISH coaches and players....why should we give our money to these guys on Youth Soccer teams? Stay away from any YOUTH team with an English coach....

NCAA....It is time for them to get with the program and start following FIFA Rules....Universities need to STOP HIRING ENGLISH COACHES, now. US Youth Soccer development ENDS in college. If you are great at 16 and do not get a chance to go overseas, your development will unfortunately END in the hands of an old school unqualified college coach....

The system needs to change on the Youth Level....BFS should not be the #1 factor on selecting players to DA. 
I'm glad the DA is not counting wins/losses at U12 and U13. That should also go for U-14. Select soccer needs to follow the same path....NO BS Classic League until U-13/U-14. Focus MUST BE ON DEVELOPMENT ONLY until U-12. Long Balls to the quick forward wont do anybody any good at this age....focus on Skills, skills and then more skills...

Just look at the first touch of some of the USMNT players.....horrible......no wonder none of these guys besides boywonder play for a great team....

Kids MUST learn to play from the back at a young age. It should be illegal for GKs to punt until they are 13.

And finally, review the USSF Licensing Education.

BTW, great article here from a few days ago:

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/the-missing-years-u-s-soccer-s-development-gap

Enough....I drank too much already.....pissed off.....not sure how to tell my son tomorrow the US didn't make it...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff on 10/10/2017, 11:09 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Bruce Arena is a complete disaster. Bradley is way past his prime. There absolutely is NO EXCUSE for the US to lose to Trinidad Tobago under ANY circumstances....Time for big changes...everywhere....The BS British style of Direct Play Long Ball BS doesn't work for the US. 2 decades of English coaches leading the way within the US ranks should be telling....Enough with the English....They cant even win anything on their own. THe only reason the EPL is good is because of the NON-ENGLISH coaches and players....why should we give our money to these guys on Youth Soccer teams? Stay away from any YOUTH team with an English coach..

cheers

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco on 10/11/2017, 12:00 am

Socceroo wrote:Omar deserves to feel bad....he is half the player he is when he plays for the US....a total choker. 

Bruce Arena is a complete disaster. Bradley is way past his prime. There absolutely is NO EXCUSE for the US to lose to Trinidad Tobago under ANY circumstances....Time for big changes...everywhere....The BS British style of Direct Play Long Ball BS doesn't work for the US. 2 decades of English coaches leading the way within the US ranks should be telling....Enough with the English....They cant even win anything on their own. THe only reason the EPL is good is because of the NON-ENGLISH coaches and players....why should we give our money to these guys on Youth Soccer teams? Stay away from any YOUTH team with an English coach....

1966 WC doesn't really count as we all know.....However, they did recently win the U20 WC this year and should do well in the current U17 WC. They play in a few hours.

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 10/11/2017, 12:29 am

To add insult to injury, one of Panama's goals wasn't even a goal....ball never crossed the line....if this was called correctly, the US would have been in the world cup....

See it for yourself here:

https://youtu.be/HKdsmwA9IYo

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soccermom247 on 10/11/2017, 7:33 am

Woop! Way to go TNT! Even though they beat USA that’s who we are named after! cheers

1soccermom247
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 10/11/2017, 8:44 am

just don't understand how a country of over 300 million cannot field a decent enough team to dismantle a country of 1.2 million. Socceroo, I agree with you, they should get rid of the whole classic system until 13 at least. the size advantages/athletic adv will even out by then. some of our best talent is probably getting burned out and leaving the game by then. seems there is an opportunity to grow the sport with dwindling popularity of football- can you imagine Odell Beckham playing soccer?

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/11/2017, 9:00 am

Most importantly (to me) we looked like we did not give a phuck during the game.   Save Pulisic throwing up his hands at every call.   I mean, hell, we are bad.  And Besler/Omar etc are just laughably bad.  But at least have everybody look like they care, please.  Thanks.   Along the same line, and I don't want to go all Roger Goodell, but it would also be nice if some of the players would actually sing the national anthem and/or know the words.   Look like you care.  Contrast with Panama.   Who clearly gave a phuck, players and nation, even when getting embarrassed...and now they get to go to Russia.  Good for them.  

In the end, this town needs an enema.  Will see if we get one or not.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 on 10/11/2017, 9:56 am

We need to stop trying to place blame for the state of youth soccer in the US. Placing blame doesn’t add any value at this point. Too much time is wasted in blaming.

What we should be doing instead is correcting the issues within our sphere of control and making the needed changes locally first.

We need to stop blaming the BFS kids for being BFS… When I look out onto most soccer fields today I see a lot of kids doing basically the same thing. Some are a little quicker. Some are a little more experienced. Some are a little taller. Some have stronger legs. BUT the majority of the kids look identical. So stop blaming a coach for selecting BFS kids when it’s the only real differentiator when you’re comparing players side-by-side. This is a sport and natural athleticism does still matter.

In my opinion, the core issue for our sons in North Texas starts with 2 pain points…
• The pay-to-play model. The better you are the more expensive soccer is.
• A large majority of local families have a dependency on their contracted club as the sole source of their son’s development.

For my second bullet, (…With the possible exception of FCD…) Local clubs aren’t motivated to produce elite players. THEY ARE ONLY MOTIVATED TO PRODUCE ELITE TEAMS. Coaches must focus development on the team level, not the individual level. And if coach’s development is focused exclusively on the team-level, they’re going to produce lots of players that do and think the exact same way.

During the week, most coaches aren’t dwelling on developing great individual players. They’re reflecting on what went right and wrong in last weekend’s game. And they’re thinking about what needs to be immediately fixed for the team before the next game. If a player is ahead of the rest, if he’s the strength of the team in every facet, that kid is getting the least amount thought before the next game, not the most.

If we’re going to produce great individual players, that has to come from outside clubs. It means time invested (time extremely well invested… and money smartly invested) in programs that focus on the individual, not the team.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 10/11/2017, 10:18 am

The "missing years" article is interesting in surmising that the 90-94 birth years are a down cycle, and that helps to explain Arena relying on a too old player roster.  But I like what Cherundolo had to say about the US youth system and I think this leads to US talent having a down cycle for those birth years.

"The U.S. does an unbelievable job of developing players technically and physically. What I think happens at some points is that we lose the ball on the tactical side of the game. When the boys turn 16, the level of play in the U.S. from the age of 16 to 18 isn't good enough compared to Europe. I think Pulisic came over [to Europe] when he was 16, and there are a few other examples now. If you can get a European passport, I would recommend that to the young American players, because the level of play from 16 to 18 here in the junior Bundesliga is excellent. Until we can achieve that in the U.S., I don't think we can maximize our talents in the U.S. They need to move to Europe."

"I think it's very important that they have high-quality games week in, week out, and good training four times a week at that age. Prior to that, you can do a lot of wonderful things on the technical side and the physical side to get players ready, but from 16 to 18, that's where you need to learn the tactics of the game and implement them on the weekend against high-quality opponents. That's the problem in the U.S. right now."

And I think every serious player needs to adopt this attitude.

"A point that I recognized early was that I was only as good as my last game, and at any stage, the club was trying to replace me. And they did. They tried to replace me every year. But I enjoyed that challenge, convincing every coach that I had that I was the best choice for that position at that time."

Cherundolo

earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad01 on 10/11/2017, 10:36 am

Arena sucks and the team was too old and slow.

Get your kid out of the US as soon as possible, Pulisic will be 23 at the next world cup, if we aren't careful we will waste the best talent of a generation.
keeperdad01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasFutbol on 10/11/2017, 10:55 am

Best payers are not playing club soccer..They are playing in the inner city crappy fields learning to go 1v1 1V2 and 1v3 all day long..Complete opposite to what is taught in US Club soccer and even US Futsal...Baseball is the same..Dominican players are taking US slots in the minors and majors because they are taught to go for the fence while US players are taught to be "contact hitters"..Are we winning yet?

TexasFutbol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad01 on 10/11/2017, 11:00 am

Havent seen much 1v1 on the mean streets of dallas lately hahahahahahaha
keeperdad01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy on 10/11/2017, 11:06 am

If you scan the rosters of NCAA D1 schools two factors stand out; most players are over 6 foot tall and often half the rosters are foreign students. Being BFS is a huge advantage for being recruited. I agree NCAA needs to adopt FIFA rules. I also believe the NCAA season should be for the entire school year and not compressed into the fall.

MLS should adopt relegation/promotion. I know adidas and the franchise owners do not like such a set-up.  I also feel MLS should do more to actually play homegrown players. It would help if each MLS team had a USL team so they can get playing time for their U23 players. The homegrown kids seem to wilt on the vine waiting for playing minutes. They have to wait their turn from the veterans and foreign players. I think the other night against Orlando, FCD had 8 or 9 foreign players in the starting line-up. The homegrown kids don't seem to be getting much playing time. If all the MLS teams do this, the US players don't play enough to earn a spot on the US team.

Bradley and company have become old. He and Jozy were strolling around last night. The team needed an infusion of skilled youth.

In our U17 2001 Classic League D1 games, I often see winning teams booting the ball 60, 70, 80 yards up field. Bypassing the midfield with long arcing balls into the penalty box where size matters in collecting 50/50 balls. Very little to no build-up from the back. No player development there. Just scrappy and physical robots.

The other variation is for teams to collect a foul ANYWHERE on the field. This allows them to trot their tall defenders upfield and gather numbers in the penalty box for the free-kicks. At this age, teams are strong enough to send 40-80 yard kicks into the penalty box. I laugh because the big kids are falling and getting free kicks while the teams trying to maintain possession on the ground and keep the ball in play are whistled for fouls.

One of the top teams wastes time by kicking the ball out of bounds continuously. The coach screams and coaches non-stop, kick the ball out! He cries all the time for free kicks so he can send his defenders high. All the crying for phantom fouls is laughable. But you know what? It works. The long-ball team wins a lot of games.

Many kids in Classic League aren't developed for skill. Many teams are simply designed to win regardless of the process. So everyone seems happy.

I imagine this is occurring across the nation. The result is the USA isn't developing enough players for the pro and international game. The US couldn't beat a tiny nation of 300,000. Instead, Costa Rica and either Panama or Honduras are going to the WC and the US will be watching on TV! What a mess.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 10/11/2017, 11:25 am

Some of the most successful (in terms of team results) local teams at U17 and U16 play long ball and sh!tty tactics just as PG Boy stated. We have only a few coaches who teach a decent style but the majority go for long ball, BSF and errors by defenders in the final third because it works pretty well at this age/level.

Classic league rules are sh!t. Too many subs allowed. Just feeds the kick and chase high pressure approach. Roster sizes are ridiculous too. 22 kids! Give me a break. Too many kids per coach and too many sitting rather than playing.

Agree with bigTex our Select system rewards coaches who produce winning teams instead of developing excellent players. Until we fix the priorities of our youth coaches we will not produce enough talent for the national team.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 10/11/2017, 11:31 am

From what I can tell High School and College are just continuations of the same poor tactics witnessed in Classic League. The only place I see anything better is in DA but some clubs are not doing the right thing there either and only a small fraction of our nation's youth players are in DA. And what are they getting taught at U9, U10, U11 before DA kicks in? Boot it long to the speedy kid up front.....

davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises on 10/11/2017, 11:37 am

Uncleof05AP wrote:Will someone help me by putting a positive spin on what just happened?   It is going to be a long night for me (and my family).  I am about to open my first case of Busch.

Absolutley hilarious!!!! This is the result of the selection process and how politics still and always will play the most important role in USA soccer program. Very few times do the most talented players get selected. Its about who you know. Brazil does not have this problem, its a mentality of what have you done for me lately and that is why they are always strong! Perfect example of our broken system, look at U17 BNT, Blaine Ferri is there and many of us in NTX have seen him play and he is no world beater nor would he have made it on some of the top teams in NTX but his daddy has long standing connections with USA bureaucracy and that is how he is there. Nothing personal with the kid or dad its just that is how all this works! No one in their right mind can say that Bradley is the best at his position in the whole country. I have seen better MF players in the semi pro teams here locally. Difference? Politics! I think it is funny and exactly what USMNT deserve! We will land on and colonize Mars but USA will never win a WC, hell they can't even beat T&T!! Lmao!!!
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 10/11/2017, 11:45 am

Sad but true. Politics is very real and another factor holding us back. Every country has some politics but we seem to have more in our pay to play system than most.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum