Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


City Futsal and recruiting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City Futsal and recruiting

Post by laidout on 8/21/2017, 1:30 pm

I'm guessing City Futsal is showing others the way to do recruiting without any worries? Is it because they're just playing tourneys under US Club? I know a lot of coaches around the area like for their players to do training at CF but if CF is using that time to recruit players then how fair is it really when other clubs are bound by different rules.

For those that don't know they have their own teams now and while they're just playing in tourneys that is set to change once they have enough teams. My guess is they realized Futsal isn't enough so they have to go the club route. Just doesn't seem very ethical to me but that's just my opinion.

laidout
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by heyyouguys on 8/21/2017, 4:23 pm

I know the parents have been asking for some avenues to play outdoor soccer officially with City Futsal, so much so that they had formed a parent run Little Onions club. They formed teams "by popular demand". A lot of those kids weren't playing club soccer anyway, so its not like they just went around and poached everyone's best players.

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by go99 on 8/21/2017, 4:35 pm

laidout wrote:I'm guessing City Futsal is showing others the way to do recruiting without any worries?  Is it because they're just playing tourneys under US Club?  I know a lot of coaches around the area like for their players to do training at CF but if CF is using that time to recruit players then how fair is it really when other clubs are bound by different rules.  

For those that don't know they have their own teams now and while they're just playing in tourneys that is set to change once they have enough teams.  My guess is they realized Futsal isn't enough so they have to go the club route.  Just doesn't seem very ethical to me but that's just my opinion.

Hold on scratch first time poster? complaining about "recruiting". As a parent why do you care? It would have nothing to do with you or your kids development. Unless....Hey you wouldn't happen to be a coach or part of a club who's shitty development has led to losing players to cityfutsal would you? More options for players and parents the better. Here is a a very serious soccer development tip for coaches and clubs because is a very difficult thing to do that is Science with a little bit of art sprinkled in. STOP SUCKING!!!! you're welcome
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Posts : 3453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by go1 on 8/21/2017, 6:34 pm

Indoor, Futsal, Outdoor . . . all different games that work similar skills.  Parent and child's choice which they want to do, how much, and when.  Futsal isnt poaching players any more than basketball is.  Its technically a different sport.  At least it keeps players working skills that translate to soccer and having fun.

go1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 101
Join date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by Sho'Nuff on 8/22/2017, 8:13 am

You're imagining something that's not there. Their business model has always been to welcome all clubs.

_________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author. These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 85
Join date : 2014-12-04
Location : Arlen

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by laidout on 8/22/2017, 10:32 am

Maybe I'm wrong then. My son was asked to play on the 01 team so it made me wonder. I was under the impression that there might be a City FC Club 01 and 03 team for outdoor league season next year. Tournaments as the Little Onions with the 03s up to 01s all on the team is one thing. For those thinking it's just Futsal then you're wrong. They train outdoor 2 days per week as well and starting to work just as much on their 11v11 outdoor as they are their Futsal. Again, just wondering about the ethics of recruiting players currently with other teams. Asking them to come train is no big deal and cool by me. Asking them to play on their outdoor team is another. I guess we can revisit this thread in May or June when Classic qualifying comes around.

laidout
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by Socceropath on 8/22/2017, 11:27 am

Sounds similar to Peter Luccin recruiting all the top talent for FCD through his skills training at the PIT. I know a lot of the coaches have stopped referring their players there because of it.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 185
Join date : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by RecMom on 8/22/2017, 1:44 pm

Socceropath wrote:Sounds similar to Peter Luccin recruiting all the top talent for FCD through his skills training at the PIT.  I know a lot of the coaches have stopped referring their players there because of it.

This ^^^

I can see a lot of coaches/clubs stop doing Futsal leagues there in the future.  It might hurt their core business in the long run.  Time will tell, but I can't see why many coaches would want to join their league knowing that their best players are most likely going to get approached.  That's why they used to refuse to be associated with any club. They wanted to remain independent so all clubs would feel safe to join their trainings and leagues. But who knows, if they go out there and start beating the tops teams week in and week out I bet they don't have to do much recruiting.  If they don't perform well then they may have just shot themselves in the foot.  Guess we'll see.

RecMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by bigtex75081 on 8/22/2017, 2:23 pm

To the clubs that are offended by this competition... Tough luck. If your customers were truly happy, they wouldn't be looking to other options.

My son is a customer. We don't need one particular club or one particular team. If you cannot meet our expectations, we'll go elsewhere. There are far too many other options available in this market.

Treat your players like they're extremely valuable customers and fulfill (or even exceed) all the commitments you made to your customers before the contracts were signed. If you do that, you shouldn't have to worry about outside recruiting.

A truly confident coach (that has healthy relationships with his customers) should embrace his players working out extra on their own time... not feel intimidated by it.

_________________
There's always a bigger fish.
avatar
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 567
Join date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by go99 on 8/22/2017, 2:53 pm

laidout wrote:Maybe I'm wrong then.  My son was asked to play on the 01 team so it made me wonder.  I was under the impression that there might be a City FC Club 01 and 03 team for outdoor league season next year.  Tournaments as the Little Onions with the 03s up to 01s all on the team is one thing.  For those thinking it's just Futsal then you're wrong.  They train outdoor 2 days per week as well and starting to work just as much on their 11v11 outdoor as they are their Futsal.  Again, just wondering about the ethics of recruiting players currently with other teams.  Asking them to come train is no big deal and cool by me.  Asking them to play on their outdoor team is another.  I guess we can revisit this thread in May or June when Classic qualifying comes around.

Again I ask why do YOU care? How does city futsal training outdoors or recruiting players, forming outdoor teams have any impact on YOUR kid? I just fail to see why as a parent why the various clubs business and competition models are really a concern of yours. and I can say if you spend time worrying about what teams and clubs are doing its going to be a long ride for you and your kid.
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Posts : 3453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by go99 on 8/22/2017, 2:57 pm

RecMom wrote:
Socceropath wrote:Sounds similar to Peter Luccin recruiting all the top talent for FCD through his skills training at the PIT.  I know a lot of the coaches have stopped referring their players there because of it.

This ^^^

I can see a lot of coaches/clubs stop doing Futsal leagues there in the future.  It might hurt their core business in the long run.  Time will tell, but I can't see why many coaches would want to join their league knowing that their best players are most likely going to get approached.  That's why they used to refuse to be associated with any club.  They wanted to remain independent so all clubs would feel safe to join their trainings  and leagues.  But who knows, if they go out there and start beating the tops teams week in and week out I bet they don't have to do much recruiting.  If they don't perform well then they may have just shot themselves in the foot.  Guess we'll see.

Now they do have to be careful here because while parents shouldn't care, poor coaches with fragile egos do. If I now anything about ntx parents (and I do) they are absolutely terrified of coaches and will do whatever the coach says regardless of the impact. So yes it could cost their core if coaches turn on it. I will also add that if your coach is trying to keep you from doing other things he isn't looking out for your interest he is looking out for his own so be wary.
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Posts : 3453
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by Sho'Nuff on 8/24/2017, 9:34 am

Maximizing player development is not the #1 goal and nobody is shocked by that.

RecMom wrote:
Socceropath wrote:Sounds similar to Peter Luccin recruiting all the top talent for FCD through his skills training at the PIT.  I know a lot of the coaches have stopped referring their players there because of it.

This ^^^

I can see a lot of coaches/clubs stop doing Futsal leagues there in the future.  It might hurt their core business in the long run.  Time will tell, but I can't see why many coaches would want to join their league knowing that their best players are most likely going to get approached.  That's why they used to refuse to be associated with any club.  They wanted to remain independent so all clubs would feel safe to join their trainings  and leagues.  But who knows, if they go out there and start beating the tops teams week in and week out I bet they don't have to do much recruiting.  If they don't perform well then they may have just shot themselves in the foot.  Guess we'll see.

_________________
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author. These comments are not intended to reflect the positions of a specific team, club, or coach.
avatar
Sho'Nuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 85
Join date : 2014-12-04
Location : Arlen

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 8/26/2017, 2:03 pm

Unethical people everywhere not just soccer coaches and trainers.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Join date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by rocketpop on 9/5/2017, 11:04 am

With all that said, their 03 team did pretty good in the PLD Tournament making it to the simi-finals. With wins over Azzurri and FPS.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-03-28
Location : McKinney

Back to top Go down

Re: City Futsal and recruiting

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum