Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Post by Guest on 8/1/2017, 3:39 pm

Socceropath wrote:You're right.  I edited original post to show Juliao instead of Lanier

So you don't think Lanier is going to get out of group H? I guess that could happen but that Sporting Team is just too unknown. Yes, they beat FCD, but then lost to TNT and weren't convincing over the Strikers. Man, I guess that's just a crap shoot on them. Who knows! We'll find out this weekend. Should be interesting.

Right now I'm thinking DT and Solar make it out of that group.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword on 8/1/2017, 3:44 pm

Wrote a lot.

I am not sure why, but there is a lot of hate towards an FCD team on this forum. Makes me sick actually as over the last two days to read the things being posted about 10 year old teams/players. I don’t have a player on the team but still disgusted.
The communications posted from winniethepoo, dinosaursimulator, and soccerbowlotrailmix (all Hodor names but close enough) over the last several months is some of the most negative, judgmental postings pertaining to 10 year olds that I have ever read in my life. *Brilliance to you all. *Brilliance! May you always have perfect children and shall they always be corrected with the full weight of your authority.

First, I hope the families of the boys in the LFC/FCD game are working through last weekend. What an emotional nightmare it must be with a game like that. Hope the parents aren’t on here as it would be maddening. . There were unacceptable actions and a red card was given. This is what red cards are for. There may be a suspension, but as far as I am concerned, let the league decide. No one is the expert. Posting a child’s number and team on this forum is completely *brilliant. Maybe there will be suspensions for those Texas Soccer Forum ID’s as well.

Honestly speaking, is throwing a punch much more dangerous than a hard slide tackle from behind? There is absolutely little difference except one ends up “accepted” by the soccer community and one isn’t. In actuality, the slide tackle from behind could result in broken ankles, broken legs, torn ligaments, etc. Both are reds. So here comes some future news for everyone, IT GETS WORSE AS THE BOYS GET OLDER. They also get much better at hiding it from the ref. I am not saying it is a good thing. It is a fact….. just watch the professional teams and all the clips, technical fouls, stamps, etc. Dirty, dirty, dirty……..suspend them all! Suspend Gruezo! Oh wait, it is his job. Suspend FIFA!!! Oh wait, weren’t they just in some trouble as well?

As for classic league, I actually think it is fantastic. I guess it is a matter of perspective though. Yes, there are a ton of rules and a ton of requirements, bad seeding’s, the referee mafia, blahblahblahblah. However, do you not realize how fortunate we are to have this type of league (and others) around Dallas? It is truly incredible that 10 year olds get this type of coaching, attention, facilities, and some of the best competition in all of the US. It is not perfect. This area is just absolutely full of talent. It is really incredible from my perspective. Enjoy it with your boys.

As for the sideline, it needs to improve substantially. I made a promise to myself that when my player went select, I would shut the he!! up. Take my advice, this is the best way and after a long weekend tourney of stress and emotion, I don’t have to worry whether I was “that” parent on the sidelines. Let the coach make the correction, the kids will listen to them long before us anyways. We are only a couple of years away for the boys figuring out we are complete idiots anyways.

I am pretty sure this forum was never meant to be a place for soccer trolls to voice god like opinions across social media about 10 year old talent level or actions on a field but as the nation goes, so goes the people. Please do not justify if you are posting negative comments about 10 year old soccer players/teams. Your justifications and thoughts are just as skewed as the negative writings.

Footnote *Brilliant/ce = stupid

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 8/1/2017, 3:54 pm

takinumbers wrote:
I must add, LP's coach has to do something with those parents. It's a shame, their team has plenty of talent.

Owen will do nothing about his parents because he's just as bad if not worse. I've seen him bully refs so bad they're afraid of him. They reward his poor behavior by calling games to appease him.

Liverpool's team culture is one where all appear comfortable with talking reckless to refs and opposing parents. I know of only 2 07B games where blows were thrown and Liverpool was the common denominator. (Although the first incident involved two dads and not players.)

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 8/1/2017, 4:00 pm

TayJ6 wrote:
Socceropath wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:
Regarding Volkan/ they had an open roster with Kennington quite a bit in in the spring. I think that caught up with them. They aren't on par with Kennington's team regarding skills but try to play that style. It doesn't work well. Good luck to them this weekend.

I disagree on the attempt at playing Kennington's style here.  4 Kennington (LFS) '06 players joined Volkan late last year and they got benched every time they passed out of the back rather than clearing it as far as they could.  Same if they chose to pass to an open teammate rather than a 1v3 opportunity.   Volkan emphasizes 1v1(+) play up front, boot it out of the back (aka kickball) at this age.  He's more concerned about developing the individual player.  Not trying to begin a debate on which is better...just saying that your statement couldn't be farther from the truth.  

I agree and disagree...There was an open roster between the 2 teams last season, but it really only flowed toward Kennington.  Maybe 1 player helped out Volkan all season. Volkan definitely does not try to employ Kennington's playing style. Volkan does not want his backs just ripping the ball down the field (you will hear him yell "(player's name), stop kicking it!!!" , but he also doens't want them holding it too long in the back. He does want them to play themselves into space and then move the ball up the field. He generally does not want them passing to each other in the back line under pressure.  He does encourage passing back to the keeper when pressured....but then he does probably want the keeper to just clear it at that point.

I do agree that Volkan greatly emphasizes 1v1 skill over team oriented tactics at this age, but disagree on the "boot it out of the back."

TayJ6: You seem to have a lot of thoughtful, objective insight about Volkan's team and I'm guessing you've watched them quite a bit. Do you know if Solar (Volkan) has played the Legends before? Do you know the outcome?

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by takinumbers on 8/1/2017, 4:01 pm

Bears wrote:
takinumbers wrote:
I must add, LP's coach has to do something with those parents. It's a shame, their team has plenty of talent.

Owen will do nothing about his parents because he's just as bad if not worse. I've seen him bully refs so bad they're afraid of him. They reward his poor behavior by calling games to appease him.

Liverpool's team culture is one where all appear comfortable with talking reckless to refs and opposing parents. I know of only 2 07B games where blows were thrown and Liverpool was the common denominator. (Although the first incident involved two dads and not players.)

Perhaps this weekend was a lesson they will learn. Like someone else said, the boys are only 10! Lets be Hopeful. No team is perfect.

takinumbers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/1/2017, 4:04 pm

Bears wrote:

TayJ6: You seem to have a lot of thoughtful, objective insight about Volkan's team and I'm guessing you've watched them quite a bit. Do you know if Solar (Volkan) has played the Legends before? Do you know the outcome?

Looking at their got soccer account looks like they played them last October and lost 4-5. But, that doesn't mean much anymore as things have changed for just about everyone over the last couple of months.

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 8/1/2017, 4:04 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:

Honestly speaking, is throwing a punch much more dangerous than a hard slide tackle from behind?  There is absolutely little difference except one ends up “accepted” by the soccer community and one isn’t.  In actuality, the slide tackle from behind could result in broken ankles, broken legs,  torn ligaments, etc.  Both are reds.   So here comes some future news for everyone, IT GETS WORSE AS THE BOYS GET OLDER.  

I realize your good intentions of creating a new user name simply to post this. But your 3rd paragraph above is a shame....I hope you don't actually mean what you wrote....That is a shame...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 8/1/2017, 4:06 pm

DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 8/1/2017, 4:08 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:Wrote a lot.

Honestly speaking, is throwing a punch much more dangerous than a hard slide tackle from behind?  There is absolutely little difference except one ends up “accepted” by the soccer community and one isn’t.  In actuality, the slide tackle from behind could result in broken ankles, broken legs,  torn ligaments, etc.  Both are reds.   So here comes some future news for everyone, IT GETS WORSE AS THE BOYS GET OLDER.
Footnote       *Brilliant/ce = stupid

thebirdstheword:You make an excellent point here. One that I hadn't personally considered. The slide tackle from behind is clearly far worse from a potential for serious injury standpoint.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 8/1/2017, 4:22 pm

So a broken jaw, nose, eye socket, neck and spinal damage along with a possible concussion is not a big deal.....geez...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 8/1/2017, 4:30 pm

The difference is the slide tackle from behind is a poor soccer decision made by a 10 year old trying to make a play on the ball from a bad position.

The punch is purely intent to injure and has nothing to do with soccer.

Correct the the slide tackle, remove the punch.

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears on 8/1/2017, 4:37 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Bears wrote:

Looking at their got soccer account looks like they played them last October and lost 4-5.  But, that doesn't mean much anymore as things have changed for just about everyone over the last couple of months.  

Fuzz: I think that earlier match up is interesting.

Further up this thread, there was some discussion of how a #13 ranked team goes through such a rapid decline and the question was posed whether it was player departures or failure to develop exiting players. My impression was that Solar (Volkan) had no noteworthy pre-signing departures. (That said, I did read that a few strong players (a big keeper and a left footed player) left many months ago.) Any very recent additions haven't had time to make a serious impact yet. (Or at least, that's what Solar's failure to qualify last weekend would suggest.)

I hope I can make it out to watch that game!

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 8/1/2017, 4:42 pm

I suspect Legends speed on the wings gives Volkan some trouble assuming their injured Centerback isn't back and at 100%.

Know prior to KT he was expected to return for QT. Suspect common sense on the part of coach and parent prevailed, no reason to return too early and risk a more serious injury, QT just isn't that important in the grander scheme of things when viewed against a young boys longer term health and development.

Still expect Volkan to have no issues making D2 this coming weekend.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 8/1/2017, 4:48 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Bears wrote:

Looking at their got soccer account looks like they played them last October and lost 4-5.  But, that doesn't mean much anymore as things have changed for just about everyone over the last couple of months.  

I would have to agree...it looks like it was the day after getting beat by Solar 07G...and looks like it was the last game in a 5 game skid including Rush and LP Owen. But it was the middle of a 6 week period where Volkan beat Kennington and Solar McKinney twice. Point being I don't think anything has changed with Volkan at all. They have always been a team that is dangerous to play. They can give any top team a run for their money, but can lose to a mid level team the next week. They have always been streaky. Looking at gotsoccer, they haven't lost to a team that's not in D1 since, what do you know, FC Legends in October of 2016. (except for LP Carragher last weekend of course).

I do like to think my perspective is insightful and, yes, objective.
I think they are a D1 caliber team most days, but obviously not a D1 team last weekend.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 8/1/2017, 4:48 pm

Bears wrote:
Fuzz wrote:
Bears wrote:

Fuzz: I think that earlier match up is interesting.

Further up this thread, there was some discussion of how a #13 ranked team goes through such a rapid decline and the question was posed whether it was player departures or failure to develop exiting players. My impression was that Solar (Volkan) had no noteworthy pre-signing departures. (That said, I did read that a few strong players (a big keeper and a left footed player) left many months ago.) Any very recent additions haven't had time to make a serious impact yet. (Or at least, that's what Solar's failure to qualify last weekend would suggest.)

I hope I can make it out to watch that game!

Not sure Volkan has had that rapid a decline. The spread from 7-9 ranked teams to those in the 15-20 range isn't that broad. Volkan wouldn't need much of a decline, just a slight stagnation in development to allow the other teams to catch up while those previously viewed as contemporaries advance.

Competition also matters. Allegiance is a solid example. They played a fairly easy schedule up until a few months ago, primarily silver and below teams. They beat most of these teams handily but they have improved dramatically over the last couple months as their competition level has increased which has led to an increased pace of development on that team (at least in my view). Volkan did the opposite, they went from playing gold to silver and their rate of development seems to have slowed concurrently.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 8/1/2017, 5:09 pm

That's a good point. If you buy into YSR at all, then if you look at the difference in YSR points it should roughly equal the likely goal differential in a match.
YSR teams ranked 9-22 are all within 1 "goal" of each other.

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/2/2017, 8:54 am

I honestly hadn't put much credence in Volkan not making D2. I don't like their chances against the speed of Legends, but TX Extreme's lone win was against Cosmos, not quite enough to strike fear in this weekends competition. And they only need to finish 2nd in bracket. But then I dug up this little gem, Volkan tied Extreme(Hurst United) 2-2 in January.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolero8 on 8/2/2017, 4:18 pm

While reading this thread I also thought about an intentional slide tackle from behind
to take the player out.  Glad that this was brought up by thebirdstheword and compared to a punch.  Those dirty plays also have to be taken care of because it can easily lead to
punches.

A few comments

a) U11 are young and yes they deserve some sort of punishment if they act wrong.
  But you cannot take it to the extreme and suggest to suspend them for the entire
  season at this age.  The red card was sufficient.  Ejected, was not able to watch
  the rest of the game, left his team in a bad situation on a critical game, and will miss
  another match.  Plus a goal was canceled that would have favored his team.

b) The lesson we need to teach our young players is that if they go out
  there and pull shirts, push, or deliberately foul, they need to understand that they are
  exposing themselves to pushes, kicks, bad tackles and even punches..
  A lot of emotions during the game that need to be considered.

If you are a dirty player they will get you!!

c) It will be interesting to watch them play again in D1 this upcoming season.
   Both teams deserve to be in D1 given the experience and commitment that players
   from both teams have.

BTW... I watched the game and not a parent of any of these two teams.

futbolero8
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 8/2/2017, 5:33 pm

I'm sorry. But some of you guys are out of your mind. A slide tackle from behind IS NOT THE SAME as a deliberate PUNCH to the head. Anyone here who claims that they are similar is completely crazy...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolero8 on 8/2/2017, 5:41 pm

Socceroo wrote:I'm sorry. But some of you guys are out of your mind. A slide tackle from behind IS NOT THE SAME as a deliberate PUNCH to the head. Anyone here who claims that they are similar is completely crazy...

I said "intentional slide tackle from behind to take the player out."
This is worse than a punch given by someone that is responding to an aggression.
You need to pay attention to the scenario, not just block you mind thinking "punch".

futbolero8
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 8/2/2017, 5:56 pm

I understand what you are saying, but I still disagree. I think the punch is worse. In my opinion, a truly dangerous tackle from behind is a red card with the standard 1 game. A punch should be a red card and 4 games for a first time offender. A second offense would be a full season. Purely my opinion.

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 8/2/2017, 6:41 pm

DblDown wrote:I understand what you are saying, but I still disagree.  I think the punch is worse. In my opinion, a truly dangerous tackle from behind is a red card with the standard 1 game. A punch should be a red card and 4 games for a first time offender. A second offense would be a full season. Purely my opinion.

Agree 100%

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 8/2/2017, 7:35 pm

On a side note, is the Volkan/Legends game on Saturday going to be the most attended QT round 2 game? Seems like there's going to be a bunch of D1 parents with nothing to do trying to get their weekend soccer fix. If so, everyone look around at who doesn't seem to be with one of the teams and see if we can figure out who every one is!

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 8/2/2017, 11:51 pm

DblDown wrote:On a side note, is the Volkan/Legends game on Saturday going to be the most attended QT round 2 game? Seems like there's going to be a bunch of D1 parents with nothing to do trying to get their weekend soccer fix. If so, everyone look around at who doesn't seem to be with one of the teams and see if we can figure out who every one is!

But if the prognosticators on this thread are correct, the 7:30am game between Volkan and Extreme is the game that decides the fate of the bracket. Bring your coffee.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom on 8/3/2017, 12:17 am

Calling it now. Volkan 2 x 1 Extreme

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/3/2017, 7:53 am

I honestly don't care enough to attend any of the games. I'll just get my updates from the most trusted source in youth soccer..................Here ha ha ha Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum