Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 2 Qualifying Tournament

Post by nearpost95 on 8/1/2017, 9:35 am

Socceroo wrote:Regarding FCD player who threw a punch.

Classic is very weak. There should he ZERO TOLERANCE  for this kind of behavior from a player, no matter what the circumstances are.

You throw a punch as a 10 yr old, team should immediately disqualified from the tournament and kid should be BANNED from classic for a YEAR. I bet this ia the only way the kid would learn to never  do this again.

It is absolutely ridiculous that NTX soccer got to this point. And Classic's complicity w the behavior here is a shame.  They should man up and protect the kids with a zero tolerance program. A One game suspension is a joke.....

Had this happened in a professional league where there is much more aggression, and this would be a 10 game suspension by FIFA. In a little wrinky dinky youth league in texas, this should be a Year Ban. Out of classic for a year. Teach kids a real lesson....

Very sad to see the powers to be at Classic unable to protect our kids. They claim to be so tough with all these rules and at the end of the day, they are super lenient with this type of behavior.

CLASSIC, YOU ARE A JOKE

Plano Premier has plenty of openings, if you think Classic is a joke.

There is no-one at Classic puffing their chest and claiming "to be so tough with all these rules".  The league has standards intended to make it one of the best leagues in the country, and it hodor FIFA rules on uniforms.

A red card draws a minimum one game suspension.  After the A&D committee reviews the referee report, additional games may be added for violent conduct.

Last edited by nearpost95 on 8/1/2017, 3:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 8/1/2017, 9:50 am

Socceroo is 100% correct.   This third grader needs to be suspended from competitive soccer for a year.   That is the only fitting punishment for this nine-year old child. This child does not deserve any warnings, and Classic should act without any analysis or due rights to the child. At best, Classic should only be allowed to analyze the facts as set forth on this board - where truth, reasonableness, and objectivity is a requirement for its members before making posts.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 10:07 am

I'm not in any way condoning punches thrown but let's put this in perspective. A 9/10 year old boy lost control of his emotions. Guess what...that happens, its called immaturity. I've seen plenty of parents lose control of their emotions...if anything that's where zero tolerance should be applied.

1 game suspension? 2 game suspension? 4 games? Pick your poison, I'm not really up for debating which duration is the appropriate punishment. I do believe however that for a 9/10 yr old kid to have to sit on the sidelines in street clothes and watch his teammates play is an effective punishment.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mexico on 8/1/2017, 10:07 am

Probably somewhere in the middle on the suspension. I don't think think the team should be penalized unless it happens again. I would suggest a 5 game suspension. My guess is if this kid threw a punch he is a problem at other times. My kid would never throw a punch in a game. It just wouldn't cross his mind.

Regarding Volkan/ they had an open roster with Kennington quite a bit in in the spring. I think that caught up with them. They aren't on par with Kennington's team regarding skills but try to play that style. It doesn't work well. Good luck to them this weekend.
Ron Mexico
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mexico on 8/1/2017, 10:12 am

Regarding parents/ it's out of control. So sad. Let the kids play. These parents shouting and coaches shouting- poor kids just want to play. I have had other kids play at a high level and the best coaches don't put up with parents screaming/ coaching. I have seen our coach pull kids off the field if their parents were out of line. I don't care if they are 10 or 15 - most of these kids won't play past HS- this is about teaching them sportsmanship and life skills. Not winning. People need to chill the F out.
Ron Mexico
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 8/1/2017, 10:38 am

One year might be just as absurd as a one game suspension. Obviously there needs to be a formal review here. But assuming a one game suspension holds, yes, I think that is a joke. And no, I wouldn't take my BB from his D1 team to a PPL team just because one disagrees with the way Classic handles things. All of these leagues are the same.

Yes, we are talking about a child, a 10-yr old kid, who will make plenty of mistakes. But these leagues need to show zero tolerance with this behavior. There is a huge difference in my opinion between a "RED card / 1 Game Suspension" for a player who fouled a little too hard and a "RED card / 1 Game Suspension" for a player who threw a punch.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/1/2017, 10:57 am

The problem with ZERO tolerance is that it removes all common sense from the equation. Let's not do that. Let's just say there needs to be consequences. From what little I know of the incident (solely from this forum, so basically nothing Smile ) I would think common sense would probably put him at a 3-5 game ban.

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 11:09 am

Ron Mexico wrote:
Regarding Volkan/ they had an open roster with Kennington quite a bit in in the spring. I think that caught up with them. They aren't on par with Kennington's team regarding skills but try to play that style. It doesn't work well. Good luck to them this weekend.

I disagree on the attempt at playing Kennington's style here. 4 Kennington (LFS) '06 players joined Volkan late last year and they got benched every time they passed out of the back rather than clearing it as far as they could. Same if they chose to pass to an open teammate rather than a 1v3 opportunity. Volkan emphasizes 1v1(+) play up front, boot it out of the back (aka kickball) at this age. He's more concerned about developing the individual player. Not trying to begin a debate on which is better...just saying that your statement couldn't be farther from the truth.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 11:11 am

Ron Mexico wrote:Regarding parents/ it's out of control. So sad. Let the kids play.  These parents shouting and coaches shouting- poor kids just want to play.  I have had other kids play at a high level and the best coaches don't put up with parents screaming/ coaching.  I have seen our coach pull kids off the field if their parents were out of line. I don't care if they are 10 or 15 - most of these kids won't play past HS- this is about teaching them sportsmanship and life skills. Not winning. People need to chill the F out.

cheers cheers cheers

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 8/1/2017, 11:13 am

"All of these leagues" might have issues.   I do not know.   I am guessing, however, you will see the same "issues" in most leagues throughout the United States. To me, the quickest way to solve many of these "issues" is to ban parents from the games.   You could have them watch from the parking lot or about fifty yards away.   I think that would solve several issues.  Plus, I am guessing most kids would find the sport more enjoyable and might even stick with it longer.  Let's be honest: do adult family members really add anything positive to these games?

Now, if you want to take it a step further, parents could wear electrical collars that disperse an electrical charge if the parents say anything about a game or practice within two hours of such game or practice - other than "I enjoyed watching your game" or if the child asks a question first.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by takinumbers on 8/1/2017, 11:43 am

I was there watching the FCD vs Owen game. . . . . . .
I had watched that Liverpool team months before and I was impressed by their style, so we decided to go watch after my bb's team had already taken care of business. What I witnessed was shocking. Parents for both of these teams were totally out of control by the 5th minute. Wish someone would of been on the players side recording the parents side and have them watch the video and hopefully they realize how they acted is absolutely absurd. ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES!

As far as the game, the better team did NOT win this match. Owen clearly was the better skilled team, by far! Also possessed the ball about 60 to 40. FCD has some good talent, but LP deserved to win that match. Both teams started playing physical very early in the game. FCD should have received at least 2 yellows in the first 10 minutes and a red.

The officials for this game IMO, should not be doing this age. The AR on the parents side was one of the worst I have seen in a long time (we had him in our first game), he missed or chose not to call, several calls, center was just as bad. . . .where do they get these guys? Thankfully my sons bbs team had some very good refs overall.

I must add, LP's coach has to do something with those parents. It's a shame, their team has plenty of talent.

IF FCD is going to rely with that "dirty" style of play, it wont be long, before the league notices it, that's if they haven't already. LP defender did pull FCD player jersey, but you don't respond with throwing a punch to the face. I agree, a minimum of 3 games suspension should be given. If not by the league, then by JS, if not by the coach - then by the parent.

takinumbers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 8/1/2017, 11:58 am

takinumbers wrote:I was there watching the FCD vs Owen game. . . . . . .
I had watched that Liverpool team months before and I was impressed by their style, so we decided to go watch after my bb's team had already taken care of business. What I witnessed was shocking. Parents for both of these teams were totally out of control by the 5th minute. Wish someone would of been on the players side recording the parents side and have them watch the video and hopefully they realize how they acted is absolutely absurd. ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES!

As far as the game, the better team did NOT win this match. Owen clearly was the better skilled team, by far! Also possessed the ball about 60 to 40. FCD has some good talent, but LP deserved to win that match. Both teams started playing physical very early in the game. FCD should have received at least 2 yellows in the first 10 minutes and a red.

The officials for this game IMO, should not be doing this age. The AR on the parents side was one of the worst I have seen in a long time (we had him in our first game), he missed or chose not to call, several calls, center was just as bad. . . .where do they get these guys? Thankfully my sons bbs team had some very good refs overall.

I must add, LP's coach has to do something with those parents. It's a shame, their team has plenty of talent.

IF FCD is going to rely with that "dirty" style of play, it wont be long, before the league notices it, that's if they haven't already. LP defender did pull FCD player jersey, but you don't respond with throwing a punch to the face. I agree, a minimum of 3 games suspension should be given. If not by the league, then by JS, if not by the coach - then by the parent.

Watched the whole game as well. I agree completely with this assessment. Not near enough cards delivered. Refs completely lost control of the game. Owen's parents need help, pure and simple. FCD parents should spend more time teaching their kids sportsmanship and less time complaining out the behavior of others.

Funny aside, other than our game against another FCD team, the games were called quite well and none got close to out of control. Was interesting that when an FCD team needed a certain result, the refs seemed aware and gave them more than a few generous calls. That combined with the odd seeding should certainly be enough to make you say, hmmmmm...
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 8/1/2017, 12:20 pm

takinumbers wrote:I was there watching the FCD vs Owen game. . . . . . .

If League wont suspend by more than one game, FC Dallas should intervene. As the biggest club in Texas they should set the example about not tolerating this kind of behavior from their players. I'm a parent of a FCD kid on another one of the D1 teams. It does a disservice to the organization. Someone at least needs to sit with that kid and explain the problems with that behavior and how it is not going to be tolerated in the future.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 8/1/2017, 12:35 pm

Socceropath wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:

I disagree on the attempt at playing Kennington's style here.  4 Kennington (LFS) '06 players joined Volkan late last year and they got benched every time they passed out of the back rather than clearing it as far as they could.  Same if they chose to pass to an open teammate rather than a 1v3 opportunity.   Volkan emphasizes 1v1(+) play up front, boot it out of the back (aka kickball) at this age.  He's more concerned about developing the individual player.  Not trying to begin a debate on which is better...just saying that your statement couldn't be farther from the truth.  

I agree and disagree...There was an open roster between the 2 teams last season, but it really only flowed toward Kennington. Maybe 1 player helped out Volkan all season. Volkan definitely does not try to employ Kennington's playing style. Volkan does not want his backs just ripping the ball down the field (you will hear him yell "(player's name), stop kicking it!!!" , but he also doens't want them holding it too long in the back. He does want them to play themselves into space and then move the ball up the field. He generally does not want them passing to each other in the back line under pressure. He does encourage passing back to the keeper when pressured....but then he does probably want the keeper to just clear it at that point.

I do agree that Volkan greatly emphasizes 1v1 skill over team oriented tactics at this age, but disagree on the "boot it out of the back."

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KOSoccer92 on 8/1/2017, 12:46 pm

DragonStryker wrote:

Funny aside, other than our game against another FCD team, the games were called quite well and none got close to out of control. Was interesting that when an FCD team needed a certain result, the refs seemed aware and gave them more than a few generous calls. That combined with the odd seeding should certainly be enough to make you say, hmmmmm...

I had a LP Owen parent tell me that he showed up early to their "infamous game", which was played on the same field LP Carragher- Texans South played on. His comments on the referee were that the ref made it absolutely clear he was calling the game one sided. (Texans needed a tie to go to D1) A Carragher forward was taken down in the box, and as soon as it happened the Texans coach was yelling at the defender for committing a foul in the box, and the ref swallowed his whistle. Ref gave Texans 10+ free kicks to 1 for Carragher. To make matters worse, Texans South's game winning goal came off an indirect free kick in the box, that was called due to LP's center back sliding to block a shot and the LP Goalie picking up the loose ball and being called for a hand ball.

I would hate to think that refs at this age group are made "aware" to make certain calls in favor of certain teams, but from what you said about the FCD game, and what I heard about the Texans South game, seems to be that way.

KOSoccer92
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 1:01 pm

TayJ6 wrote:
Socceropath wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:

I disagree on the attempt at playing Kennington's style here.  4 Kennington (LFS) '06 players joined Volkan late last year and they got benched every time they passed out of the back rather than clearing it as far as they could.  Same if they chose to pass to an open teammate rather than a 1v3 opportunity.   Volkan emphasizes 1v1(+) play up front, boot it out of the back (aka kickball) at this age.  He's more concerned about developing the individual player.  Not trying to begin a debate on which is better...just saying that your statement couldn't be farther from the truth.  

I agree and disagree...There was an open roster between the 2 teams last season, but it really only flowed toward Kennington.  Maybe 1 player helped out Volkan all season.

Not sure how much it matters who guest played when and where. No guest players were in QT and Kennington qualified for D1, Volkan didn't.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 8/1/2017, 1:08 pm

I think his comment was referring to some sort of confusion by having some of Kenningtons players during the season, but not during the tournament. Which didn't make any sense.
Volkan didn't make D1 because they couldn't beat LP Carragher when it mattered.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser on 8/1/2017, 1:15 pm

I saw Volkan play a few times last spring and I definitely saw 1, 2, or even 3 Kennington kids playing with them - so I don't think it's fair to characterize this "open roster" as flowing only to Kennington. Not sure how many guests they used - but from what I saw - was clearly a 2 way street.

cruiser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 1:40 pm

The big question earlier was why Kennington/Volkan didn't merge as had been a consideration at some point during the spring. The answer is simple, Solar could have 2 top 5 teams or 3 (what they thought) top 15 teams. The club values the D1 slots more than any team, coach, or player.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 1:44 pm

I can't for the life of me figure out why we're talking about Kennington as this is a thread about Week 2 Qualifying and they're not involved.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 8/1/2017, 2:36 pm

Agree...

So. When looking at the BIG 3 this weekend there are:

7 Solar Teams
5 FC Dallas teams
1 DT team

Wonder what the hit rate will be for D2.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 2:59 pm

3 Solar - Martinez, Juliao, Volkan
0 FC Dallas
1 DT - West (formerly White)

and for a bonus
2 LP - Heighway and Carragher

Last edited by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 8/1/2017, 3:02 pm

As far as I know, there was never a plan for Volkan to merge with anyone. The Kennington commentary is tied to the Volkan conversation which is obviously relevant to this thread...the FCD/Owen commentary has far less to do with week 2...

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DblDown on 8/1/2017, 3:05 pm

Socceropath wrote:3 Solar - Martinez, Lanier, Volkan
0 FC Dallas
1 DT - West (formerly White)

and for a bonus
2 LP - Heighway and Carragher

How is this going to work with group B?? you either need to add an FC Dallas team, or add a Solar team, right??

DblDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 8/1/2017, 3:15 pm

You're right. I edited original post to show Juliao instead of Lanier

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/1/2017, 3:39 pm

Socceropath wrote:You're right.  I edited original post to show Juliao instead of Lanier

So you don't think Lanier is going to get out of group H? I guess that could happen but that Sporting Team is just too unknown. Yes, they beat FCD, but then lost to TNT and weren't convincing over the Strikers. Man, I guess that's just a crap shoot on them. Who knows! We'll find out this weekend. Should be interesting.

Right now I'm thinking DT and Solar make it out of that group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum