Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

King Tut 2017

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: King Tut 2017

Post by TayJ6 on 7/17/2017, 8:52 am

Overall, KT was a good tournament. Answered a few questions about some teams.

FCD - Academy is still setting the standard for the 07s. Youth and Blue have new names but not much has changed.

DT - Dallas Texans(former DTR) and DTR(PST) both had identical weekends dominating lesser competition and beating McKinney, their 1 top 10 opponent.

Solar - McKinney had tough draw playing both Texans teams.  Both of those games were close, McKinney just couldn't score enough to hang. Kennington had a rough weekend getting beat when they got away from what they do best, but played well when they were holding form.  Volkan was shafted by the tournament, but made the best of it despite having no subs and playing games without their starting center back and strong center mid. GD of 18 for the tournament second only to DTR, albeit against lesser competition.

Rush looks as physical as ever, was outclassed by FCD Academy but overall handled business.  Only managed a tie with what seems to be a struggling LP Owen.

LP Owen had a disappointing weekend and continues to struggle to score, gave FCD Youth their only win.  

Allegiance overall had a good go, solidifying their team in the top 10 conversation. The would love to have their game against Celtic back.

Elite had a win over Kennington, but hardly dominated the lesser competition like you would have expected. They are still in the top 10 conversation but nowhere near the top 5 talk there was a few months back.

On a side note, Rebels dominated the PUMA tournament...but for this, they lose points in my book. They knew where the competition was.

Next up, QT!!

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/17/2017, 9:00 am

seems a bit unfair that the rankings do not look at what divisions teams played in. should be weighted by level of competition. there are also teams that are not even playing and their rankings don't get affected. seems any team trying to qualify should sign up for the lowest divisions, dominate, and then not play in any tournaments.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer69 on 7/17/2017, 9:44 am

Some teams (Solar Volkan) signed up for Gold which was the top division and were placed in a lower division. A parent said that they called the day the schedules came out and pointed out the mistake but Jessie the tournament director refused to move them to Platinum and instead insisted that gold was the same as platinum. Not sure what other teams signed up for but I can tell you playing lower was not the plan for Volkan. Doesn't really matter they played the entire tournament with no subs as several kids were out of town and one unexpected injury to a kid on the sideline in a boot. QT will separate the top from the bottom

soccer69
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/17/2017, 10:11 am

Volkan is not the type of team I was referring to. they deserve to be at the top- they play a lot of tournaments. I'm speaking of teams seeded in the 20s that don't even play tournaments or the ones who sign up for Silver and keep away from stiffer competition. not to pick anyone out, but Rebels, TNT, DI Stars, etc. seem to fit this bill.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer69 on 7/17/2017, 10:32 am

Yeah agreed I've watched top division 07 soccer for three years and have never seen some of those you've listed. Again Dallas classic will sort it all out those that qualify will deserve to be thier and at the end of the season teams will fall in place from thier record.

soccer69
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by itscalledfootball on 7/17/2017, 4:01 pm

out with the top 4-5 teams , who quite frankly have the individual ability to win against most even if they play poorly, the rest it will down to who is in the mood on the day.

Look at the Platinum B group . I watched Celtic get out played in the second half by Fever. Fever goes on to finish bottom of the group. Then Celtic goes on to dominate Allegiance 3-1 in the last game. Allegiance wins the group.

My point being that teams ranked between 6-25 all have the potential that if one is up for the game and the other is not it can lead to a lot of upsets. We all know how unpredictable a 9-10 year old player can be on the weekend .

I would like to say that I have been around soccer here in Dallas for 8 years and the level of play has gone up in my opinion . Coaches get a bad rap but I think their are many across all the clubs doing a great job with these young kids.
itscalledfootball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/17/2017, 4:14 pm

I think you only take out the top 1.
2-5 can be toss up among themselves on any given day.
Then from 6-35 can have surprises for sure, but form will hold more often than not.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum