Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

King Tut 2017

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

King Tut 2017

Post by DragonStryker on 7/11/2017, 11:10 am

https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=57192&Gender=Boys&Age=11

Brackets and Schedules out.

Top 3 brackets are definitely not 1-5 / 6-11 / 12-17. Looks more like a snake set up with somewhat more evenly distributed brackets. If this is their estimation of 1-17, it's kind of surprising quite frankly.

Predictions:
Intl - FCD Academy followed by Rush / FCD Youth doesn't win a game and may take some big losses in this group.

Plat A - Solar McKinney followed by DTR / DT Dallas suffers from their loss and drops to third in group, FCD ETX is a wildcard but not sure they can compete with McKinney or DTR

Plat B - Elite followed by Solar Kennington though Allegiance is a wildcard in this one and could really disrupt things by beating either Elite or Kennington

Gold - McKinney/Lanier should cakewalk through their bracket as should Volkan through theirs. In fact, Volkan shouldn't give up a goal and should post multi-goal victories straight through.

No clue on Silver or Bronze. Haven't seen any of these teams play anyone of note so no real opinion on their capabilities/strength.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Re: King Tut 2017

Post by Socceropath on 7/11/2017, 11:36 am

Some real brain teasers on seeding here. Even if you accept FCD seeding themselves too high (Youth, Blue, ETX), there's plenty of others that make zero sense.

Don't have too many issues with your predictions although Elite doesn't play Allegiance due to 6 team bracket. Kennington and Allegiance will battle for 2nd place as Elite only gets tested once.

All due respect to Volkan for being seeded way to low, the drop off from Platinum to Gold is immense.

Not sure FCD's hubris will do them any favors, I predict exactly 0 wins for Youth, Blue, and ETX.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco5 on 7/11/2017, 11:38 am

Has to be a mistake with Volkan. Doesn't make any sense. Unless FCD needed room and decided to bump them in favor of one of their teams.

Frisco5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/11/2017, 11:45 am

Socceropath wrote:Elite doesn't play Allegiance

Didn't catch that. Kennington has a tough road then as they'd have to beat both Elite and Allegiance to win that bracket. Does lead to a potential tie in the bracket if Kennington loses to both.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/11/2017, 11:48 am

I think you all have no idea what you are talking about. that is why they play the games. so many teams have changed since signing day. seen multiple teams with multiple lineups. re-evaluate after weekend. just takes 1 or 2 kids to make a team better or worse.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/11/2017, 11:58 am

just-a-dad wrote:I think you all have no idea what you are talking about.  that is why they play the games.   so many teams have changed since signing day.  seen multiple teams with multiple lineups.    re-evaluate after weekend.  just takes 1 or 2 kids to make a team better or worse.  

Actually, most of the top 10 (and just outside) didn't change that much other than a few known defections from DT to FCD and FCD to Solar. Aside from that, there wasn't a lot of movement of game changing players.

McKinney didn't change. Volkan may have added a player, Allegiance didn't change. Kennington added a couple. DTR lost three to FCD Academy (combined with several others lost during the spring). FCD lost three to Solar u12 Academy. PST and Rush didn't change. Ayses held onto their forward (looked like a defection to Rush was potentially in the works but that didn't happen). FCD Youth has no keeper at the moment (based on posts on this board) and lost a few field players with the coaching change. LP Owen doesn't look to have changed.

If you know otherwise, please speak up. If there's a team I missed that's augmented their line-up and will be challenging the above group, speak up with what changed. It's all fun and games on here, it's ultimately decided on the field but the banter between games on the boards is about entertainment and having fun.

DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad on 7/11/2017, 12:08 pm

mean no disrespect or ill-will by it. will be nice to see games with no guest players. that is what I meant by 1 or 2 players can change a game. 1 good striker, or for the FCD team, 1 good goalie changes the game.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/11/2017, 12:29 pm

Figured I would move these on to this thread since it makes more since here. The 07s have got to figure out how to make new threads for new topics in stead of just adding on to the same thread for weeks!

Here are the YSR rankings by group
Intl: 1,5,9,20, Mex
Plat A: 2,3,4,14,15,21
Plat B: 7,11,16,17,19,25
Gold: 33,39,35 and 13,27,60,69

It is almost snake-ish but with groups of teams in stead of individual teams making up the snake. The obvious outliers are FCD Youth as 20 in Intl, FCD Blue as 21 in Plat A, Fever as 25 in Plat B, and Volkan as 13 playing against a 27 and a pair of 60+s.

We will find out how much sense it makes when the games are played!

Last edited by TayJ6 on 7/11/2017, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/11/2017, 12:49 pm

Thanks for the legwork TayJ. I didn't think the snake method would hold up at first glance. Too many outliers to argue for any cohesive method.

In any case its a good chance for everybody to knock some rust off and get primed for QT. The bubble teams have the most at stake as seeding for QT will have a large impact on their fates.

Its all or nothing for FCD Youth and Blue, as they are the low seeds (by a lot) in their respective brackets and any upset will help. If they lose out as expected, it doesn't really hurt their current rank. The same can be said for NTX Celtic and Fever.

Volkan again is the outlier as they will get no credit if they dominate as expected, but if they slip up could stand to lose big.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Mexico on 7/11/2017, 1:56 pm

Socceropath wrote:

Volkan again is the outlier as they will get no credit if they dominate as expected, but if they slip up could stand to lose big.

This is the danger of playing this tournament. Sometimes you get a lose / lose situation.
Ron Mexico
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/11/2017, 5:10 pm

FCD is saying that 24 teams signed up for "gold" division. Those teams are split among the first 5 groups and are all "gold" divisions...the different names have something to do with setting up the tournament in gotsoccer, but all the groups are the same level...

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texasboy85 on 7/11/2017, 5:25 pm

2 points of clarification:

1. FCD Youth actually never lost field players due to a coaching changes... their need for a keeper is a unique situation, however, they never lost any players due to a coaching change. As a matter of fact, the parents were informed of the coaching changes well in advance. I know this, because my kid plays with this group and I've been here from the beginning. Let's stop distributing rumors and report facts where we can. In other news, we have a keeper Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

2. Volkan's group seems to be slated very high according to you guys here on the forum. I've seen them play, and they are actually OVER-RATED according to YSR. How would I know? Well funny thing, my kid is the FCD guest player that helped them win the Flamefest Tournament a few weeks ago. McKinney/Lanier dominated possession in that final, and looked way better to me from my perspective.... so maybe King Tut has it right here....DragonStryker, they didn't add anyone because we stayed with FCD.

I'm excited to see what happens this weekend. The risk/reward is much better for the lower seeded teams in the higher brackets in this one. It only takes a few wins here to potentially shift the seeding for Classic QT. Either way, it will be great to see some of the best teams in NTX battle it out and shake off some dust.

texasboy85
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/11/2017, 5:27 pm

Texasboy85-
It all makes sense now...the only report I got from Flamefest was how obnoxious the Dad was for the Guest player on Volkan. Thanks for outing yourself!!!

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/11/2017, 5:29 pm

TayJ6 wrote:FCD is saying that 24 teams signed up for "gold" division.  Those teams are split among the first 5 groups and are all "gold" divisions...the different names have something to do with setting up the tournament in gotsoccer, but all the groups are the same level...

Hmmm. Doesn't pass the smell test for me. Very unlikely Rush and Solar McKinney would put both their first and 2nd teams in the same division. Just sayin...

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texasboy85 on 7/11/2017, 5:31 pm

Socceropath wrote:Texasboy85-
It all makes sense now...the only report I got from Flamefest was how obnoxious the Dad was for the Guest player on Volkan.  Thanks for outing yourself!!!

LOL.... good one douchebag

Last edited by texasboy85 on 7/11/2017, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because Socceropath is a virgin, that lives in his mom's basement)

texasboy85
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath on 7/11/2017, 5:49 pm

Don't worry, in addition to correcting your spelling douchebag I will continue to outflank you all day bro.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texasboy85 on 7/11/2017, 5:55 pm

Socceropath wrote:  Don't worry, in addition to correcting your spelling douchebag I will continue to outflank you all day bro.

don't worry, I edited it.... I left you a special note as my "reason for editing"...enjoy. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

texasboy85
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/11/2017, 6:00 pm

Socceropath wrote:Texasboy85-
It all makes sense now...the only report I got from Flamefest was how obnoxious the Dad was for the Guest player on Volkan.  Thanks for outing yourself!!!

I heard this, too...and from former teammates where the entire team went to a different coach in the club just to get away from this parent.[/quote]

Last edited by TayJ6 on 7/12/2017, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/11/2017, 6:10 pm

Socceropath wrote:
Hmmm.  Doesn't pass the smell test for me.  Very unlikely Rush and Solar McKinney would put both their first and 2nd teams in the same division.  Just sayin...

A lot of teams are signing up for Gold so that they will be looked at as "gold" teams when it comes to QT. As far as McKinney, he'll put it 07s and 08s in the same division of a tournament, much less the McKinney/Lanier team. It also makes more since as this is a "friendly" tournament with no playoffs, so as long as their not in the same bracket of the division they won't play each other.  When registering for this tournament, the highest level you could request was Gold, so yes, from the lowest Gold bracket to the top happens to be the 24 teams that he spoke of. If Classic League is the top 40 teams in the age, then the top 40 teams should probably be looking to play gold in every tournament. And I'm not the one that said this, the tournament director Jesse McNeil is...So I guess he's the one just sayin...

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser on 7/11/2017, 6:35 pm

It definitely doesn't seem arbitrary as if there was a random draw / or even order of registration from International through Plat A / B to Gold. I do agree there are definitely some outliers - but seems to trend a certain way. Too many holes to agree (from outside) that it was top 24 random draw...

cruiser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/11/2017, 6:51 pm

I agree completely. It was deliberate, I'm just repeating what he said. I believe that all 24 teams registered gold. I just don't buy that he really believes that all groups are on the same level.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TXSoccerBall on 7/11/2017, 7:19 pm

What's up with having 5-6-6-4-4 teams in those brackets? I know they are playing friendlies but 5-5-5-5-5 for a true 4 game round robin seems obvious.

TXSoccerBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer on 7/11/2017, 7:31 pm

Anyone know anything about the Rayados team from Mexico?

I believe FCD Academy wins Intl. bracket easily and the other games are closer than you think, I think the FCD Youth gets a win and a tie and does much better than most believe. Rush will be solid and possess the ball with their strong midfielder, but have a hard time scoring and it will be interesting to see if LP Owen has figured their scoring issues.

Second bracket Solar McKinney will win and DT Red loses one game they shouldn't and I guess Hassan still has not told Kevin to stop having his goalie punt from one end to the other and to work it out of the back. DT will be interesting to see, I am interested to see what players they lost, if they still have fast/crafty forward and the one midfielder/forward they will be okay. FCD ETX should be better, seeing as everyone in East Texas that wants to play at a higher level should be coming out.

Allegiance will win the next group and solidfy being a top 10 team, unless Elite's kick and run ugly soccer beats them out. Kennington continues to slip. Ayses forward will light it up against a couple of teams.

Don't know enough about other teams in other groups.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 7/11/2017, 8:04 pm

Kennington will have to beat Elite for Allegiance to win Plat B outright (as previously noted, Allegiance isn't playing Elite). Otherwise you're looking at a tie breaker with both going undefeated which will come down to goal differential and that's not something I'd try to predict. Plat B is definitely the toughest bracket to call.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 7/12/2017, 5:00 pm

texasboy85 wrote:
DragonStryker, they didn't add anyone because we stayed with FCD.

Actually I'm pretty sure they did, it just apparently wasn't your son.

Back to KT, the poor draw for Volkan might be a blessing in disguise, as they may have sustained an injury to a significant player for the weekend. We'll see if sources are correct in a couple days.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum