Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Reggie Cannon Starts for FCD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reggie Cannon Starts for FCD

Post by finish1 on 6/14/2017, 8:53 pm

Reggie Cannon, 98 BY, got his first start for the FCD first team against Tulsa tonight. Great player with a supporting family. Best of luck, Reggie. Keep up the good work!

For those who don't recall, Reggie left UCLA after a single season to pursue a pro career and came back home to FCD. He is playing outside back, but is also a natural attacking mid (IMO), He has the "shake", a gift that can't be taught, but is an effective weapon 1v1.

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Re: Reggie Cannon Starts for FCD

Post by Sprint on 6/15/2017, 8:50 am

Was at the game and Reggie was one of the best players on the field. Don't recall him ever losing a one v one battle defending and he showed tons of pace getting forward. Would be surprised if he is not a fixture in the first team soon.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OP05 on 6/15/2017, 9:21 am

Sprint wrote:Was at the game and Reggie was one of the best players on the field.  Don't recall him ever losing a one v one battle defending and he showed tons of pace getting forward. Would be surprised if he is not a fixture in the first team soon.

Let's hope so. Couldn't happen to a better kid. And the USMNT could use a long term replacement for their 38 year old outside back.

But first things first . . .

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 6/15/2017, 9:37 am

Agree that Reggie is a good player and played pretty well last night. Reggie played it conservatively and made no big mistakes. But Tulsa is not close to the same level as an MLS team and looked underwhelming and timid last night.

Paxton also started last night and he always seems to make the right decision with the ball.

Hume, Diaz and Hollingshead started last night and I thought Hollingshead was very good going forward. He had assist on first goal. Diaz is rusty, but he is so much fun to watch. Hume is not a bad centerback and grew up in central Texas before attending UNC.

Craft also started and scored the first goal, but I'm not a big fan. He was caught several times watching Pomykal or Diaz dribble instead of moving off the ball.

And what a tough way for Tulsa to lose off a failed clearance for an own goal in the 91st minute. I thought OKC last year showed better in the FCD game, but Tulsa has some good players and their keeper made some nice saves.

earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 6/15/2017, 9:48 am

That's an interesting take on Tulsa and goes to show how subjective this game is. My two boys and I thought Tulsa generally outplayed FCD the entire game until the last 15 minutes when Tulsa started sitting back. Tulsa should have scored two in the first half and the goal they gave up to Craft was very soft, it rolled under the keepers arms and wasn't struck that hard. I venture to say most U15 keepers would have made that save easy.

The game could have been 2-0 Tulsa at half. Tulsa had the better chances in the second half and FCD couldn't do much in the offensive third. Akindele should have scored right before they got the actual game winner but the Tulsa keeper, who was an adventure each time the ball got near him, made a good save.

Tulsa was more skilled than I expected and played out of the back almost to a fault and no long balling, except when the keeper was trying to release the wing.

Diaz looked VERY rusty and gave the ball up almost every time he had it. He killed a few counters and attacks on his own by turning the ball over. No doubt he is a talent and it will get much better.

Paxton is entertaining to watch and that makes him one of the best players in the FCD club. At the pro level, you want to be entertained by the game on the field and Paxton is one of those players that each time he has the ball you sit up to see what he is going to do. That is a rare quality compared to a lot of pros who simply play smart and make the same sideways pass or pass back.

Great game to watch.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 6/15/2017, 10:27 am

I don't think FCD was very good last night either. In the first half Tulsa looked winded and tentative to me. Tulsa scored on a turnover and it was a good goal by Kimura, but they didn't really create anything and second half shots were long and hopeful.

Once Barrios and Tesho came in, FCD outshot Tulsa by a lot with FCD's shots being dangerous and Tulsa's taken with fingers crossed.

earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone on 6/15/2017, 7:15 pm

We all saw a different game then. I saw 2 teams that didn't want to be on that field at all until the sun went behind the bleachers. They were fine with walking around and making short passes for 60 minutes and then opened up when it cooled off some (just a little). FWIW, the refs looked just as good with the walking pace of the game too. They changed shirts at halftime cuz they were soaked.

Players like Hedges, Hollinghead, Ulloa, Diaz (even coming back from injury) should be better than Tulsa. This was a good test for Cannon and Paxton. Coy Craft looked the most disinterested and hot out of everyone. Not impressed with Hume. I think he was closer to the Tulsa level than any FCD player. I can't wait for Colman to get a goal. He's getting in spots to score. I kinda feel like if he gets one then they'll start rolling in.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum