Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Merging TxSoccer.Info and .Net

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merge with TXSOCCER.NET

71% 71% 
[ 20 ]
18% 18% 
[ 5 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 28

Re: Merging TxSoccer.Info and .Net

Post by Sprint on 2/8/2017, 3:11 pm

Ehlodog wrote:My son is U8 right now. I hear you about no commenting but honestly i just want him develop to hit DA i don't really care what wins what trophy or who is better until then. Seems kinda pointless... i like this forum for the soccer discussions not for the chest beating

The chest beating was mainly in jest, I hope, but it was interesting and created post counts. The main topics of

1. US soccer how to make it better;
2. My kid is small so gets overlooked;
3. Pay to play is the downfall of man;
4. DA ain't really that good; and
5. Girls shouldn't play against boys,

are all mostly talked out. Unless you get a new group of parents ( posters) in here.

Posts about specific tournaments were the best for me and the original Supercopa thread will go down as one of the best ever ( folks from all over the county chimed in)

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 2/8/2017, 3:48 pm

Sprint, I see your point, but today, it is kind of pointless. FCD is the only club that is developing players. It has the best players, teams, coaches, and parents. None of the other clubs matter. I mean, it is not even close. Thus, I am guessing that is why there are not as many controversial posts or "chest beating." FCD has fixed most of the problems with youth soccer in the US, and everyone pretty much accepts that all the best players, coaches, and teams are with FCD (and there is no reason for the teams among that club to debate one another on which of the FCD teams are better).

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 2/8/2017, 4:21 pm

So true. It is getting to the point where you wonder why the other clubs bother. Sad!

Last edited by davito on 2/8/2017, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trump hack)
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 2/8/2017, 9:52 pm

Can we just get a "like" button so we can acknowledge clever things other people say without having to come up with our own clever things to say? All the activity on FB lately has exausted me and I'm too lazy. In fact, maybe just merge the whole thing to FB but let us keep our same user names. That way we can still pretend like no one really knows who we are when we say crazy stuff:)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad on 2/8/2017, 10:15 pm

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sho'Nuff on 2/8/2017, 10:30 pm

Uncleof05AP wrote:Sprint, I see your point, but today, it is kind of pointless.  FCD is the only club that is developing players.  It has the best players, teams, coaches, and parents.  None of the other clubs matter.  I mean, it is not even close.  Thus, I am guessing that is why there are not as many controversial posts or "chest beating."  FCD has fixed most of the problems with youth soccer in the US, and everyone pretty much accepts that all the best players, coaches, and teams are with FCD (and there is no reason for the teams among that club to debate one another on which of the FCD teams are better).

Laughing

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 2/9/2017, 9:36 am

Uncleof05AP wrote:Sprint, I see your point, but today, it is kind of pointless.  FCD is the only club that is developing players.  It has the best players, teams, coaches, and parents.  None of the other clubs matter.  I mean, it is not even close.  Thus, I am guessing that is why there are not as many controversial posts or "chest beating."  FCD has fixed most of the problems with youth soccer in the US, and everyone pretty much accepts that all the best players, coaches, and teams are with FCD (and there is no reason for the teams among that club to debate one another on which of the FCD teams are better).

I thought my sarcasm meter was way off, until I reread it and see you mention "best parents". Ha-ha.

earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MMRJ on 9/10/2017, 8:09 am

Did fcdallas win nationals this year?

MMRJ
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by GLeon85 on 9/15/2017, 1:09 pm

They don't really develop players as much as poach them. They don't develop there top teams as much as recruit the best already developed players then just teach them to play together

GLeon85
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad01 on 9/20/2017, 8:06 am

Any news on the merger?
keeperdad01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo on 9/27/2017, 11:34 pm

keeperdad01 wrote:Any news on the merger?

They were just kidding...there will be no merger....

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum