Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Merging TxSoccer.Info and .Net

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merge with TXSOCCER.NET

71% 71% 
[ 20 ]
18% 18% 
[ 5 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 28

Merging TxSoccer.Info and .Net

Post by Admin on 11/30/2016, 4:40 pm

I'm debating retiring this site at the end of 2016 and merging it with txsoccer.net.  There is seems to be a lot of overlap between the two and I think it would be more informative and efficient to have one site for both Boys and Girls.  I'd keep this site up as a reference, but there would be no new posts, all new posts would be at txsoccer.net.  I wouldn't be able to merge data or users, we would be starting the boys from scratch over there.  I'm not set on this, and open to ideas, let me know what you think.  It would be a little pain at first, but longer term, better, bigger stronger?

Last edited by Admin on 12/1/2016, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Merging TxSoccer.Info and .Net

Post by Uncleof05AP on 11/30/2016, 7:02 pm

Would it be possible to keep this forum running but designate it as the only forum on which Soapboxmom can post?   All other posts could then be on txsoccer.net.   Just wondering.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 11/30/2016, 8:43 pm

Brilliant idea UncleAP. That idea gets my vote. LOL!!

Merge the two sites but don't wait another year. Do it sooner rather than later. Soapboxmom has zapped the life out of this forum.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 11/30/2016, 10:28 pm

This forum has got really quiet the last year. Just not enough crazy parents posting about their awesome team and talented bb these days.....Maybe we need the girls parents to liven things up.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad on 11/30/2016, 10:37 pm

I think the two will not mix well. I see the petty fights over here, I think they will be worse if you combine them.

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 12/1/2016, 7:38 am

Yes, but the mix is what we need to spice it up again. Let's face it, the 99s are graduating and moving on. The short bus is about to depart.

The '04s have figured out that it doesn't really matter that your 8 year old stud is surrounded by the best talent to win every game. Puberty is right around the corner and the giant reset button is about to be depressed.

There are a few decent '02 posts occasionally and there was that flash of FCD White in the 05 group. The rest is just tournament updates.

It's time for something new...
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 12/1/2016, 9:52 am

Do it. The crazy girl parents rank youth teams, I would love to see the peeps on the boys side go crazier when they read those U-little rankings. bom
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew on 12/1/2016, 9:57 am

I have one of each, so it would simplify things for me!

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 12/1/2016, 10:02 am

Be enjoyable, some of the posters on this site will lose their minds when they read how vicious the girl parents are to each other.
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP on 12/1/2016, 10:26 am

My first three posts will be: (1) "Why Girls Should Not Compete Against Boys in Soccer"; (2) "Girls Are More Ruthless Than Boys When Playing Soccer"; and (3) "Are Parents of Girl Soccer Players Crazy - Especially When They Play Against Boy Teams?"

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 12/1/2016, 10:30 am

tpitty wrote:Do it. The crazy girl parents rank youth teams, I would love to see the peeps on the boys side go crazier when they read those U-little rankings. bom

Or when the boys start getting ranked.... cheers

boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 12/1/2016, 10:39 am

Sounds good. My five year old daughter may be starting in select soon as I have seen some posts over there asking for talented and dedicated 05 stars. She scored one goal all season ( last on the team) in rec a year ago, but she has been kicking the ball against the wall for the last 8 months and I think she is ready to give it another try.

I will start a thread with ( Who are the good girl coaches that develop real soccer players and not kick and chase?)

Second thread ( Who are the coaches to stay away from?)

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 12/1/2016, 12:23 pm

Uncleof05AP wrote:My first three posts will be: (1) "Why Girls Should Not Compete Against Boys in Soccer"; (2) "Girls Are More Ruthless Than Boys When Playing Soccer"; and (3) "Are Parents of Girl Soccer Players Crazy - Especially When They Play Against Boy Teams?"

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 on 12/2/2016, 9:40 am

Merge 'em. The sooner the better.

When both my DD and BB played at the same time, I strongly favored the girls' forum because it was just more interesting, active, and opinionated. Now my BB is the only one playing and, to be honest, this forum is pretty bland.

Very few topics here are compelling. When something does get interesting it either fizzles out too quickly (because somebody posts 20 advertisements that overrun the left-side pane) or somebody makes the topic racial.

It's time for a change.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad on 12/21/2016, 5:26 pm

As much as I hate to admit it, this site has died out. We should merge with the girl site.

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 1/21/2017, 11:00 am

As a fairly new parent to the academy soccer world, I have learned a ton of information by using the search function. Tons of old threads have caught me up on some of the history of clubs, teams, and coaches as they have migrated, merged, and evolved over the years. I'm afraid some of this information would be lost in a website merger if the boys side is starting over. Having said that, it would be nice to have them together. I just wish all that valuable information didn't have to disappear to make it happen.
...Of course, a merger seems only fitting for websites devoted to NTX soccer!

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET on 2/1/2017, 1:39 pm

TayJ6 wrote:As a fairly new parent to the academy soccer world, I have learned a ton of information by using the search function. Tons of old threads have caught me up on some of the history of clubs, teams, and coaches as they have migrated, merged, and evolved over the years. I'm afraid some of this information would be lost in a website merger if the boys side is starting over. Having said that, it would be nice to have them together. I just wish all that valuable information didn't have to disappear to make it happen.
...Of course, a merger seems only fitting for websites devoted to NTX soccer!

I don't care one or another, especially since my bb graduated and has moved on from club soccer (at least until State Cup, maybe Regionals/Nationals, and Dallas Cup). But, TayJ6 brings up a valid point.  If you could work it out, maybe an searchable archive of the boy's site.  Not a techie so not even sure if that's possible. Of course, you wouldn't need all threads, especially the here today, gone tomorrow "who's looking" age specific threads.
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Please keep sites separate

Post by Lalash on 2/6/2017, 4:56 pm

I think it's easier keeping the 2 sites separate. I always know who I'm looking at. IMHO
Lalash
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 2/6/2017, 5:01 pm

I will keep this site up for history purposes, but there wouldnt be any new content. Timeline isnt done yet, I am still working on layout for the new combined site.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET on 2/8/2017, 1:30 pm

Merge away.  This site has become a stinking pile of poo that very few visit, much less comment, anymore.  There was a time when it would have 50-60 registered users on line (plus an additional 100 to 200 or more unregistered users) at any given time. Today, you have 16 registered users online and 80 total.  It's on its last leg and soapboxmom is at least partly to blame.
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by layinlow on 2/8/2017, 2:17 pm

crazyET wrote:Merge away.  This site has become a stinking pile of poo that very few visit, much less comment, anymore.  There was a time when it would have 50-60 registered users on line (plus an additional 100 to 200 or more unregistered users) at any given time. Today, you have 16 registered users online and 80 total.  It's on its last leg and soapboxmom is at least partly to blame.

That's what happens when you have a site owner that controls what is put on here and the girls site. I know for a fact post are deleted if it pertains to certain teams or coaches. I've talked to several coaches that use to come on the sites for different things, mainly players, but now won't. They even ask their parents not to come on. I've seen positive post about coaches and teams deleted. Once people learn that half of the post are by ghost accounts, real and relevant post are deleted then why would you come here?

layinlow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 2/8/2017, 2:40 pm

It was a lot more fun back in the 04 CL days when parents posted rankings, talked about games and argued about who was the best team. (4luvofthegame?)

Now as the kids get older that stuff is less important, just let them play.

the parents of the U7-U9 kids haven't taken off and started pushing their teams or doing rankings so not much controversy.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehlodog on 2/8/2017, 2:50 pm

My son is U8 right now. I hear you about no commenting but honestly i just want him develop to hit DA i don't really care what wins what trophy or who is better until then. Seems kinda pointless... i like this forum for the soccer discussions not for the chest beating

Ehlodog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 2/8/2017, 2:59 pm

Remember the Andromeda facility is padlocked story....ah those were the days......
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 2/8/2017, 3:11 pm

Ehlodog wrote:My son is U8 right now. I hear you about no commenting but honestly i just want him develop to hit DA i don't really care what wins what trophy or who is better until then. Seems kinda pointless... i like this forum for the soccer discussions not for the chest beating

The chest beating was mainly in jest, I hope, but it was interesting and created post counts. The main topics of

1. US soccer how to make it better;
2. My kid is small so gets overlooked;
3. Pay to play is the downfall of man;
4. DA ain't really that good; and
5. Girls shouldn't play against boys,

are all mostly talked out. Unless you get a new group of parents ( posters) in here.

Posts about specific tournaments were the best for me and the original Supercopa thread will go down as one of the best ever ( folks from all over the county chimed in)

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum