Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password

Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Go down

Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/3/2016, 11:17 am

Unfortunately, I couldn't walk around and watch any of the other '02 games, due to this DT South vs. Solar Castro being a VERY good game. (DT SOUTH 3 - SOLAR CASTRO 1).
Castro's kids dominated the possessions coming from the air. Every DT South game this season, the kids seem to wait for their opponents to win the ball before reacting. Whether the ball's coming from the air or on the ground, the Texans usually wait.
The Texans keeper played awesome against a very fast and strong Castro offense.

Anything from anyone on these other games?

LP Hunt 3 - LP Rush 2.

FCD 5 - Cruz Azul 1

Solar Stricker 7 - Real GP 0 (Dang! DTS faces off against this Juggernaut team next Tuesday.) Shocked

Odyssey 0 - Solar Andro 0. (I heard some cheering and shouting behind us. I thought someone had scored. I'm sure this was an exciting game).

Have a great week and weekend.
And...... GO COWBOYS!!!!!


avatar
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 523
Join date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by Number13 on 11/3/2016, 2:42 pm

If you heard cheering in the Andro/Ody game it was probably because somebody completed two passes in a row.

avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/3/2016, 2:54 pm

Dang it, Number 13!
I just spilled tea all over my keyboard, laughing so hard!
avatar
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 523
Join date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/3/2016, 2:56 pm

I meant "spit", not "spilled".
Man, that was hilarious!
avatar
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 523
Join date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by hanallalone on 11/3/2016, 6:32 pm

I don't remember any cheering, but it could have been when some believed Ody scored in the 2nd half...  Not a bad result for Ody considering how many of the starting 11 missed the game due to injuries...  Pretty ugly match overall, but we survived...
avatar
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 422
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by Soccerlife89 on 11/4/2016, 1:24 am

Just watched the video back of the game I think it shows clearly how many more chances Solar had. Solar also had 4 players out which cancels out that excuse. 0-0 fair result although Solar had many chances to end it in the first half.

Soccerlife89
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-09-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by Number13 on 11/4/2016, 7:40 am

Andro/Solar/White pressed very hard and effectively first half, got a bunch of turnovers, a bunch of corners, maybe should have gotten a red card on Ody for denial on a potential breakaway, and had two very makeable chances to score...one sky'd and the other saved. Second half was more/less the opposite. Goal for blue (if you believe little kids) not awarded due to CL being too cheap for goalline technology in such a high-profile match Smile, GK grabbing forwards foot to keep him from spilled ball, bunch of corners for Blue, ball down near white goal. Sort of strange as both teams did better into the 10mph wind. That was how I saw it going, maybe that is wrong. Certainly Andro could have won. I did watch 80 mins of video as well and all I remember thinking is that I need about three more Four Lokos so I can black out and forgot the whole thing.

That may be too harsh, I thought both teams tried very hard. I would imagine that is despite both dealing with late Halloween Mon and football game Tuesdays which makes Wed night games a challenge. An Ody kid who usually doesn't play did quite well and that made me happy. Peace.

avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by hanallalone on 11/4/2016, 8:11 am

Soccerlife89 wrote:Just watched the video back of the game I think it shows clearly how many more chances Solar had. Solar also had 4 players out which cancels out that excuse. 0-0 fair result although Solar had many chances to end it in the first half.

FIRST HALF: Solar had more chances, no arguement there...

SECOND HALF: Solar seemed to fizzle out (maybe the 2 handed shoves in the back use more energy than just using your shoulder or making a clean tackle)...

As far as the 4 players for 4 comment, Odyssey was missing Solar's equivalent of #14, 2 very strong backs, and a midfielder - utility/offensive player who sparks the attack with his energy... These are 4 game changers! Pull #14 off the pitch for Solar and they don't have 30% of the opportunities that they had, so lets just say that the sun was shining on Solar in this match...

Out of curiosity, does the video show the goal??? Several of the players said it went in, but who knows... Either way it was a favorable result for Ody considering the circumstances...

avatar
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 422
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by tpitty on 11/4/2016, 11:39 am

Looks like those two teams are fairly evenly matched. 1-0 and 0-0 results. Good games.

Why when I look at Strickers and Castro's games played, does it say 11, but only 10 games are showing? I am obviously missing one somewhere.
avatar
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 288
Join date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by Number13 on 11/4/2016, 12:02 pm

They don't show the Aug 24th games. Stricker v Castro. Ody vs Trevino.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by tpitty on 11/4/2016, 12:06 pm

Thanks for that.

I was anticipating the release of a Podesta email to explain. Suspect
avatar
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 288
Join date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by crazyET on 11/4/2016, 12:07 pm

But those games are reflected if you click on the Results link. Strange.
avatar
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-02-08
Age : 48
Location : God's Country

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by odie1993 on 11/4/2016, 2:13 pm

hanallalone wrote:
Soccerlife89 wrote:Just watched the video back of the game I think it shows clearly how many more chances Solar had. Solar also had 4 players out which cancels out that excuse. 0-0 fair result although Solar had many chances to end it in the first half.

FIRST HALF: Solar had more chances, no arguement there...

SECOND HALF: Solar seemed to fizzle out (maybe the 2 handed shoves in the back use more energy than just using your shoulder or making a clean tackle)...

As far as the 4 players for 4 comment, Odyssey was missing Solar's equivalent of #14, 2 very strong backs, and a midfielder - utility/offensive player who sparks the attack with his energy...  These are 4 game changers!  Pull #14 off the pitch for Solar and they don't have 30% of the opportunities that they had, so lets just say that the sun was shining on Solar in this match...  

Out of curiosity, does the video show the goal???  Several of the players said it went in, but who knows...  Either way it was a favorable result for Ody considering the circumstances...


Funny how you always attack the other team Ody plays for whatever reason. As for the game, i heard Solar/Andro only had 12 players so they must have been missing some players as well. My son plays for neither and i wasn't there but man can you be negative.

_________________
I found your missing ball...
avatar
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 663
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Allen

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by Number13 on 11/4/2016, 2:29 pm

odie1993 wrote:

Funny how you always attack the other team Ody plays for whatever reason. As for the game, i heard Solar/Andro only had 12 players so they must have been missing some players as well. My son plays for neither and i wasn't there but man can you be negative.

Solar had four kids on their bench who appeared to be dressed out (Thanks, Sergio!), their roster lists 16 total. For all I know only one of them played and I have zero insight into who was missing. Ody had 13 kids who were able to play. At a minimum both teams missing kids. Who knew playing 20 games in two months was a bad idea?
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Night '02 Games (11-2-2016)

Post by hanallalone on 11/4/2016, 2:50 pm

odie1993 wrote:
hanallalone wrote:
Soccerlife89 wrote:Just watched the video back of the game I think it shows clearly how many more chances Solar had. Solar also had 4 players out which cancels out that excuse. 0-0 fair result although Solar had many chances to end it in the first half.

FIRST HALF: Solar had more chances, no arguement there...

SECOND HALF: Solar seemed to fizzle out (maybe the 2 handed shoves in the back use more energy than just using your shoulder or making a clean tackle)...

As far as the 4 players for 4 comment, Odyssey was missing Solar's equivalent of #14, 2 very strong backs, and a midfielder - utility/offensive player who sparks the attack with his energy...  These are 4 game changers!  Pull #14 off the pitch for Solar and they don't have 30% of the opportunities that they had, so lets just say that the sun was shining on Solar in this match...  

Out of curiosity, does the video show the goal???  Several of the players said it went in, but who knows...  Either way it was a favorable result for Ody considering the circumstances...


Funny how you always attack the other team Ody plays for whatever reason.  As for the game, i heard Solar/Andro only had 12 players so they must have been missing some players as well.  My son plays for neither and i wasn't there but man can you be negative.

My apologies if that was somehow construed as an attack; to me it was an accurate observation... An example of what I consider to be an attack would be like "That coach encourages his players to play dirty, and that makes him a douchebag", but I guess we all see things differently...
avatar
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 422
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum