Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State of the New 2003 CL D1?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

State of the New 2003 CL D1?

Post by longview on 8/12/2016, 2:16 pm

The Academy rapture has happened and the age pure switch is in effect. Curious to see how teams have transformed. So what can we expect for the 03 CL D1 teams? I've heard/seen a little, but would love to hear other insights:

Solar Red - Lost majority of players to 03/04 academy teams, but has rebuilt; hearing this will again be a strong team with a new cast
Texans Craft - Heavy losses to DT Academy teams, haven't heard on rebuild
FCD Gold/Gall - Team is disbanded and replaced by FCD Central/Waters, players gone to FCD Academy, 03 Premier, Solar, FCD Blue/Che
Solar Cates - Massive turnover from Farley, not hearing a lot about how well they've rebuilt
FCD Premier - Pieces brought together from multiple teams, with biggest pieces from old 04 FCD Premier and FCD Gold/Gall teams {Full disclosure: I'm a parent here}
FC Premier - Haven't heard
FCD Blue/Che - Maintained some of core and augmented with previous year Che 03 players and a few others from other FCD teams
Texans South - Haven't heard
FCD Boys/Borgarello - Lost a few players but reloaded to be ready for move to D1
Liverpool Fowler/Yocum - Haven't heard
FCD Central/Waters - Pulled players from last year's 03 PPL and 04 CL D2 teams to form strongest 03 team for move to D1

Hoping to see some responses describing what's happening with each team. With so much change affecting the age group, feels like it could be a wide open year.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: State of the New 2003 CL D1?

Post by Nice Ball on 8/15/2016, 8:37 am

Didn't see either of these teams play, but it looks like FCD Boys/Borgarello and FCD Blue/Che are pretty comparable to each other, with FCD Boys/Borgarello taking the title in this weekends tournament.

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LLHowie on 8/15/2016, 2:01 pm

Looks if the rain holds off we will see some more of the 03 teams this weekend in the Summer Splash

LLHowie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Josecuervo on 9/14/2016, 8:24 am

Any thoughts after week1? Seemed that all bets were off except on a few games. As it has been said in the past, there will be surprises up until end of Fall because no team is the same.

Drink responsibly.....

Josecuervo
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice Ball on 9/15/2016, 1:42 pm

Looks like we have a lively bunch here. This is going to be hard due to all of the changes like you said. Here is my attempt at the D1 power rankings:

1. Solar Chelsea Deleon
2. FC Premier
3. FCD Waters
4. FCD Borgorello
5. FCD Che
6. DT Craft
7. FCD Premier
8. DT Hernandez
9. Solar Chelsea Cates
10. LP Fowler

*** My stance on FCD Premier may change if they have some PA players dual rostered.

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 9/15/2016, 3:01 pm

My guess is that Waters surprises a few more before it is all over and done with... Very good team, GREAT coach, going in the right direction...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 9/15/2016, 3:17 pm

Is FCD DA the only one that allow dual roster ?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice Ball on 9/15/2016, 3:30 pm

hanallalone wrote:My guess is that Waters surprises a few more before it is all over and done with...  Very good team, GREAT coach, going in the right direction...  

I agree with you on the Waters team.  I wasn't quite sure where to put them in my top five.

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 9/15/2016, 3:35 pm

They have only played a few games together as a group... The sky is the limit IMO...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice Ball on 9/15/2016, 4:03 pm

Soccer27 wrote:Is FCD DA the only one that allow dual roster ?

I know they can dual roster this year in PA, but not sure about this in DA. Someone else who knows more about this may want to chime in.

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/15/2016, 5:42 pm

USSF DA DP's (development players) can dual roster so FCDP usually gets spiked with these DP's to keep the flagship CL team up top in the table although FCD Coach Che usually figures out a way to give FCDP a beatdown at least once in the CL season and has a pretty strong following of players.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 10/9/2016, 8:17 pm

Well, maybe we can liven this thread up a bit...

Through 5 games, the standings are shaking themselves out a bit. Here's where they stand

FCD Waters-12pts
FC Premier Opoku-10pts
FCD Premier-9pts
Liverpool Fowler-8pts
FCD Borgarello-7pts
Solar Cates-7pts
Solar Deleon-7pts
FCD Che-5pts
Dallas Texans Craft-2pts
Dallas Texans South Hernandez-2pts

Looks like some teams that started slow are starting to make a push (FCD Premier, Cates), others are slowing down a bit after a decent start (Deleon) some may be starting to get figured out (Waters) and others seem to be staying consistent (FC Premier, Fowler, FCD Borgarello). Anyone have any insight or predictions on how the second half of the fall season will finish up???

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks on 10/10/2016, 8:05 am

Solar Cates beat Solar Deleon 3-1...what is going on???

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 10/10/2016, 8:33 am

Have seen Solar Cates play and with the exception of the FCD Premier game, they seem to be a few plays away from being closer to the top of the table if the ball bounced differently for them against Che or FCP. They seem to be coached well and Cates is getting everything he can out of this new team. Job well done so far and good win for them this weekend.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sokamum on 10/10/2016, 10:07 am

Interesting game....
Coach Ray was serving his penalty from the previous game and was not allowed to coach, so we had Coach Sticker fill in as coach and doing as well as he could. The new manager maybe "misunderstood" Coach Rays instructions, I know he was on the phone a few times but they were moving players around in positions they don't play. We feel we had possession most of the game just couldn't finish...
A lot of confusion, miscommunication and direction....
We just need to step it up the next few games and play our game.

Sokamum
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by longview on 10/28/2016, 8:03 am

Through 7 rounds, FCD Waters and FC Premier continue to hold onto top 2 spots, with FCD Premier on their heels. Big mid-table group from 4th-8th may still have a lot of movement in last 2 rounds, with Texans teams down but probably not out just yet. Unfortunately, no head to head matchups left that could swing the Dallas Cup slot, so teams chasing Waters will need some help. Any thoughts on surprises this week or next?

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona on 10/28/2016, 9:31 am

Sokamum wrote:Interesting game....
Coach Ray was serving his penalty from the previous game and was not allowed to coach, so we had Coach Sticker fill in as coach and doing as well as he could.  The new manager maybe "misunderstood" Coach Rays instructions, I know he was on the phone a few times but they were moving players around in positions they don't play. We feel we had possession most of the game just couldn't finish...

Lesson learned for daddy coach..don't get penalized for stupid stuff and if you do, ensure the new manager/coach understands your instructions. Seems pretty simple to me. Here is an idea for him, leave his BBs in charge of coaching...not a foreign concept for him....

...I'm certain you know this but possession doesn't win games but it sure feels good to say that. Here are other commonly cited sayings (facts? sure whatever) on here..."game could have gone either way", "other team ONLY had "Z" chances and converted them", "we had players out for this game AND my BB was sick", "if we play this team X times, we come on top X-1 times", "We beat team C and because C beat B in the past, we are better than team B'", "age pure has had no effect on our super team", "their goalkeeper was the MVP", "these are only year olds, they're unpredictable", "..we are going through a phase". It's ALL good.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 10/28/2016, 9:57 am

Maradona wrote:
Sokamum wrote:Interesting game....
Coach Ray was serving his penalty from the previous game and was not allowed to coach, so we had Coach Sticker fill in as coach and doing as well as he could.  The new manager maybe "misunderstood" Coach Rays instructions, I know he was on the phone a few times but they were moving players around in positions they don't play. We feel we had possession most of the game just couldn't finish...

Lesson learned for daddy coach..don't get penalized for stupid stuff and if you do, ensure the new manager/coach understands your instructions. Seems pretty simple to me. Here is an idea for him, leave his BBs in charge of coaching...not a foreign concept for him....

...I'm certain you know this but possession doesn't win games but it sure feels good to say that. Here are other commonly cited sayings (facts? sure whatever) on here..."game could have gone either way", "other team ONLY had "Z" chances and converted them", "we had players out for this game AND my BB was sick", "if we play this team X times, we come on top X-1 times", "We beat team C and because C beat B in the past, we are better than team B'", "age pure has had no effect on our super team", "their goalkeeper was the MVP", "these are only year olds, they're unpredictable", "..we are going through a phase". It's ALL good.

Good stuff...sounds like you've been reading the U15 thread a lot. I've seen a lot of that there here lately.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview on 10/31/2016, 9:25 am

No comments after the most surprising weekend of the season so far? Tough crowd...

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 10/31/2016, 9:44 am

Very tough crowd...but I'll chime in. I did not see any games this weekend unfortunately due to field marshal duties for my other BB's team. But based on results, the top of the table slipped up tremendously. Maybe this was the weekend everyone's trap game came into play. Who knows? But it looks like FCD Waters should seal the deal this weekend with FC Premier and FCD Premier right behind them. But I guess anything can happen...

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum