Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

NTSSA Academy Forms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NTSSA Academy Forms

Post by longview on 8/1/2016, 6:43 am

Can someone educate me on the role of the NTSSA Academy Form? My understanding is that each player in the Academy age groups (i.e., below Select) has to fill out this form, pay a fee to their home association, get it completed by the home association, and turn a copy of it in to their team. Just trying to understand what this form does - can you not be registered for a league or tournaments if everyone on your roster doesn't have this completed?

Appreciate the help - first time I've been through this step as a team manager.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: NTSSA Academy Forms

Post by Sho'Nuff on 8/1/2016, 8:24 am

longview wrote:Can someone educate me on the role of the NTSSA Academy Form?  My understanding is that each player in the Academy age groups (i.e., below Select) has to fill out this form, pay a fee to their home association, get it completed by the home association, and turn a copy of it in to their team.  Just trying to understand what this form does - can you not be registered for a league or tournaments if everyone on your roster doesn't have this completed?

Appreciate the help - first time I've been through this step as a team manager.

I believe you can now get your academy form signed by any association. Many of us were being price-gouged before.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smculberts on 8/1/2016, 8:29 am

Allen Soccer Association was cheap, and you are able to do it online.

smculberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 on 8/3/2016, 11:51 am

I believe this is a relic of the original idea of the soccer "academy", where players would play on a rec team and train with an academy. Since your NTSSA insurance came with your rec dues, you had to have your "home association" sign your form to verify the insurance coverage. Now days most kids in academy only play academy, and don't have a home association. Some associations would charge full dues to sign the form, others would charge a reduce rate since you're not playing there (just cover the insurance and a little profit). That's kind of where U.S. Club soccer came from...eliminating a lot of the "process" and making it easier for independent teams to exist.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum