Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar Chelsea Barboza looking for players

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Chelsea Barboza looking for players

Post by helper on 7/17/2016, 6:47 pm

Now back to why we put the post out

*need 2 top level versatile players who wants to be part of a top classic 1 team.

Rounding out a very talented team...Classic qualifying...Plano labor Day.

Solar Chelsea 06 Barboza (formerly FC Dallas 06 Barboza) will have open practices available on Tuesday and Thursday from 6-7:30pm at the Andromeda Training Facility in Allen (1015 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Allen, TX 75013). Please call or email for details. We are looking to add 1 or 2 talented and dedicated boys to a very strong team preparing to qualify for Classic League Division 1.

Coach: Pierre Barboza, (972) 757-7176, pfbarboza@yahoo.com

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=703106&History=yes&compact=

helper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 06B Hildebrand on 7/19/2016, 3:13 pm

Soccer10Dad wrote:
allentexan wrote:I thought there will be at least 20 teams in Classic 1 for U11.  So it is not far fetched that Coach Barboza will be in that group even if he plays silver in King Tut.  Many teams play silver first to allow the new kids to blend in.  Good Luck to all U 11 teams

? is why is a classic 1 team playing in silver

Hmmm, since there will be 20 squads in Classic D1 I'd wager a sizable amount that the 6 squads that King Tut Tournament Committee put in Gold won't be the only ones that make D1... Wink
And since there aren't but about a half dozen top squads that didn't play King Tut...

(FWIW-We signed up for Gold at King Tut and were bracketed in Silver with no change allowed...so it may not have been up to the coach.)

Last edited by Solar Chelsea 06 AP Boys on 7/21/2016, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solar 06B Hildebrand
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfan4life on 7/21/2016, 1:09 pm

Wow, it has been a while now that my son is an 05 but the above conversation is interesting. I see several people giving lots of praise to Coach P as will I. My son has never played for Pierre but we have had the pleasure to play against his teams for years. I understand someone questioning the reason why they played silver, and the explanation for why they did makes total sense. What I don't understand is why someone would question it over and over again. If there is an explanation of the repeated questioning or a hidden agenda I would love to hear it.

Arsenalfan4life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by helper on 7/22/2016, 2:59 pm

*looking for 2 top level versatile players who want to be part of a top classic 1 team. Pierre Barboza is one of NTX top development coaches, Communication skills with Players/team are the best in NTX.

Rounding out a very talented team...will play Plano labor Day tournament and other tournaments thru out year.

Solar Chelsea 06 Barboza (formerly FC Dallas 06 Barboza) will have open practices available on Tuesday and Thursday from 6-7:30pm at the Andromeda Training Facility in Allen (1015 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Allen, TX 75013). Please call or email for details. We are looking to add 1 or 2 talented and dedicated boys to a very strong team.

helper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by helper on 7/28/2016, 1:58 pm

*looking for 2 top level versatile players who want to be part of a top classic 1 team. Pierre Barboza is one of NTX top development coaches, Communication skills with Players/team are the best in NTX.

Rounding out a very talented team...will be playing this weekend to qualify for Classic 1. We will be doing numerous tournaments locally and possibly outside of DFW area.

Solar Chelsea 06 Barboza (formerly FC Dallas 06 Barboza) will have open practices available on Tuesday and Thursday from 6-7:30pm at the Andromeda Training Facility in Allen (1015 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Allen, TX 75013). Please call or email for details. We are looking to add 1 or 2 talented and dedicated boys to a very strong team.

helper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by helper on 8/1/2016, 1:29 pm

Solar Chelsea Barboza 06 has qualified for Classic 1! Looking for players who want to compete in Classic 1 league.

*Pierre Barboza is one of NTX top development coaches, his Communication skills with Players/team are the best in NTX.

team history link

helper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by helper on 8/9/2016, 3:51 pm

Solar Chelsea Barboza 06 has qualified for Classic 1! Looking for talented players who want to compete in Classic 1 league.

*Pierre Barboza is one of NTX top development coaches, his Communication skills with Players/team are the best in NTX.

Solar Chelsea 06 Barboza (formerly FC Dallas 06 Barboza) will have open practices available on Tuesday and Thursday from 6-7:30pm at the Andromeda Training Facility in Allen (1015 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Allen, TX 75013). Please call or email for details.

team history link

helper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickitfar10 on 8/15/2016, 1:24 pm

Very good team and coach my son's team played them over the weekend in the andromana premier finals and was very impressed with style of play.

kickitfar10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaslikethat on 8/25/2016, 5:24 pm

Having been involved with north Texas soccer in playing, coaching, managing, refereeing, and various other capacities... From the recreational level all the way up to the professional level... I can say that without question, Pierre is one of the "good" guys. He's a rare gem, someone you should want your children to play for and grow up with. Solid character and impeccable knowledge of the game.

Texaslikethat
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer2 on 8/26/2016, 7:56 am

Can we cut the crap with these posts? The guy is a good coach, we all get that.

Is it possible that all these ghost posters with maybe a dozen post counts between them are hurting his effort to get a few more players. As an outsider looking in, I am extremely skeptical of a bunch of white knights signing up for a forum to tell everyone how great someone is. It makes me wonder what is really going on.

Something is not right here. Let the guy coach an recruit players as needed. You are hurting his effort to get more players.

slrsoccer2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaslikethat on 8/26/2016, 12:09 pm

Why wouldn't you call out the previous poster for obsessing about the king tut tournament?

Since you're all bent out of shape about it, I'll explain. I had a previous login and had been active for a very long time. I went on a hiatus due to my various accounts being compromised, and in turn had to set up a new one. I did so, with the purpose of finding a resource for a need for another team. I happened to see this post and like anyone else can, decided to "endorse" someone I respect in the soccer community.

I'm not sure why you would take issue with that? This forum is to be a resource for north Texas boys soccer... If I'm looking for info on a coach, these things can help.

If you don't like someone, say so. You can't get pissed off just because someone has a differing opinion.

***edited to add: I do get your point/opinion. I don't want it to seem like I'm attacking you per say, more the accusation of "ghost" posts.

Last edited by Texaslikethat on 8/26/2016, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because sometimes, I seem like a jerk!)

Texaslikethat
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer2 on 8/26/2016, 2:32 pm

I'm not attacking anyone and in all honesty, I don't really care.  I especially wasn't calling you out personally.

Something just smells fishy and all the posts basically say the same thing.  Let the guy do his job.

It is quite odd that in this one thread alone we have:

Texaslikethat          Registered 08/21/2016          2 posts
kickitfar10              Registered 08/15/2016          2 posts
Aresenal4life           Registered 07/21/2016          4 posts
FMM                       Registered 06/22/2016          4 posts
FCDCentralAP06      Registered 05/26/2016          3 posts
SC-DragonGreen     Registered 05/18/2016          12 posts

I think "ghost posts" sums it up very well.

slrsoccer2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfan4life on 8/27/2016, 12:55 pm

slrsoccer2, oh high and mighty of the soccer forum. Please let us little ghost know how many post we need to put on this forum for our opinion to matter.

What does the number of post on the forum have to do with anything? I did not think it was not possible but I guess we have our first official North Texas Soccer forum snob.

Please update your statistics for me to 5.

Arsenalfan4life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer2 on 8/27/2016, 1:58 pm

[quote="Arsenalfan4life"]slrsoccer2, oh high and mighty of the soccer forum. Please let us little ghost know how many post we need to put on this forum for our opinion to matter.

What does the number of post on the forum have to do with anything? I did not think it was not possible but I guess we have our first official North Texas Soccer forum snob.

Please update your statistics for me to 5.
[/quote]

Have a word with yourself.

Maybe, just maybe, I have a kid on this team and know the importance of finding a couple more players. Maybe, you are a parent on this team as well. Maybe we speak a lot, maybe we don't. Either way, just keep your mouth shut and let The coach do his job.

We don't need the BS, white knight posts.

slrsoccer2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfan4life on 8/27/2016, 4:28 pm

Wow, for using me as an example for your post I would think you would have read my post where it says my son does not play for Pierre. I will tell you this. You don't get to tell me to shut my mouth. I am not your kid or your spouse. Don't bring me up in your post and expect not to get a response from me.

I don't think this is the correct place to have this discussion but if you would like to continue it in another forum please let me know.

Thanks,

The Ghost

Arsenalfan4life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SC-DragonGreen on 8/31/2016, 4:05 pm

Anonymity is over-rated.  My son who's an AP05 keeper played for Pierre off and on for almost two years and guessed played right up until the select process started for us this year.  Since his team went AP06 we had to part ways with one of our favorite coaches.  We live in Southlake (SC) and DragonGreen is my 2011 son's team, hence the switch of usernames.  Plus the recovery of usernames is a little lacking so I started fresh.  I read tons, don't post often.

I am certainly no ghost and have witnessed first hand several of the top coaches in the 06 and 05 age brackets.  My son has played for Will Smith, Oglesby, Bates, Siikala, Barboza, Merola, Flynn and he's now w/ Scannell.  We did our due diligence before signing day and trained with several others.  We've loved some of them, tolerated some of them and had to make very tough decisions that had nothing to do with soccer or the coach.  Several of our friends still on all these teams will know who I am and know what I'm about.  I want my sons exposed to great leadership and great people on and off the pitch.

If you're reading this and searching for an AP06 coach; and I'm not sure he's still looking for players, I cannot recommend Pierre Barboza enough.  You can really get a good read on a person by the way they treat you when there's NOTHING in it for them.  Pierre has treated me and my family with respect and honest compassion; unfortunately that type of behavior is far too rare in the North Texas Soccer community.  I know he wants what's best for my son if he's playing against him, for him or three fields over.  

Forgive the rant and late post.  Ran into Arsenalfan4life last weekend and he got me thinking about all this, plus I too was mentioned below.  

Not trying to stir the pot, just wanted to clarify that I'm a real person and we owe Pierre and others quite a bit as we figure out this soccer journey.

JH

slrsoccer2 wrote:I'm not attacking anyone and in all honesty, I don't really care.  I especially wasn't calling you out personally.

Something just smells fishy and all the posts basically say the same thing.  Let the guy do his job.

It is quite odd that in this one thread alone we have:

Texaslikethat          Registered 08/21/2016          2 posts
kickitfar10              Registered 08/15/2016          2 posts
Aresenal4life           Registered 07/21/2016          4 posts
FMM                       Registered 06/22/2016          4 posts
FCDCentralAP06      Registered 05/26/2016          3 posts
SC-DragonGreen     Registered 05/18/2016          12 posts

I think "ghost posts" sums it up very well.

SC-DragonGreen
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad on 9/2/2016, 8:00 pm

Puzzled why a team of this caliber, with fantastic kids and coach is looking for kids. You would think they would be turning people away.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozymandias.EBON on 9/5/2016, 11:10 pm

There aren't that many serious 06's left....
A couple of reasons: FCD made a big push to get as many 06 teams as possible (I think 18 was the last count), and younger 06's are 4th graders which makes the jump to Select hard to justify ($3K for a year of soccer when your kid is just starting to read chapter books...)
Barboza runs a good program.
He'll have to turn players away next season but for any unsigned players this year...this would be a fantastic opportunity.
Ozymandias.EBON
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smculberts on 9/6/2016, 8:43 am

Soccer10Dad wrote:Puzzled why a team of this caliber, with fantastic kids and coach is looking for kids.  You would think they would be turning people away.  

You've posted on this thread a few times, so maybe you have a direct issue with the coach, the team, a player, or parents. Seems like you come in here and like to throw out negativity, when this thread was originally intended to be a recruiting post. I can't recall another recruiting post getting hi-jacked so many times, and you seem to be in there 2-3 times. The team plays at a high level, and is looking for boys at that same level. It's not difficult to understand that that is a very difficult recruiting task, with all of the top boys having already been signed. This team had 5 boys choose to stay at FC Dallas for one reason or another, and one that is an extremely good football player and chose not to play select. You, as you've proven on this thread, will say "Whey would those kids choose to leave such a good coach, and well established team?". The answer is just like what many mothers say, "because". The team parents took 6 boys to Solar and asked Coach Barboza to continue with them, and they kept their recruiting standards high. They have a small roster now, and play some of the best soccer in NTX. They just came up short in the finals at U90c Labor Day tourney. Maybe this thread can somehow find it's way back to be what it was in the beginning...a recruiting post, like so many before it.

smculberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum