Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Shortage of 06 Players?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shortage of 06 Players?

Post by Ozymandias.EBON on 5/18/2016, 2:05 pm

Looking at the boards, there seems to be a lot of 06 teams but not enough players.
I'm wondering if the fact that you have a group of young 06's (currently 3rd graders) who:
1) Weren't planning to go Select this year,
2) Are now being asked to join Select teams,
3) And pay the friggin high fees.

Seems like a tough pill to swallow for the parents of Elementary-age kids...

Thoughts?
Ozymandias.EBON
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Shortage of 06 Players?

Post by doubletrouble on 6/13/2016, 1:33 pm

I know that pain all to well having twins. And the fees of $2600 plus uniforms x 2 , plus the tournaments .... it's ridiculous having to pay those kind of fee's for 10 year olds. But what choice does anyone have if they want their kids to play.. it's either pay and play or stay in rec where the coaching is not inline with making your player achieve their potential
doubletrouble
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad06 on 6/13/2016, 2:11 pm

All 06 players are in FCD. Just look at the number of teams that FCD has in this age group, they could have a league of their own. Regarding fees for 10 year olds, I totally agree. This is one of the reasons why it will be very difficult for US to develop players. We selectively rule out kids who don't have enough money to pay.

soccerdad06
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Soccer Club on 6/13/2016, 2:19 pm

There are many independent clubs that offer the Select experience at 1/2 to 1/4 the price charged by the big clubs. Our fees, for example, don't see a significant increase as compared to academy soccer, except for a slight increase to cover the costs of an additional tournament or two. There are affordable options for 2006-born players out there (along with all other ages), they may just be a little tougher to find because they don't have the name recognition of the bigger clubs.
Manchester Soccer Club
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 6/13/2016, 2:28 pm

Ozymandias.EBON wrote:Looking at the boards, there seems to be a lot of 06 teams but not enough players.
I'm wondering if the fact that you have a group of young 06's (currently 3rd graders) who:
1) Weren't planning to go Select this year,
2) Are now being asked to join Select teams,
3) And pay the friggin high fees.

Seems like a tough pill to swallow for the parents of Elementary-age kids...

Thoughts?

The problem is trying to build strong teams. There are inherently less Jan-Jul 06 kids playing because many coaches pushed them out in favor of the bigger/more mature Aug-Dec 05 kids on 06SY teams. Lots of teams that had those age kids would have played in lower divisions and had less Aug-Dec 05 kids on their rosters, so many are likely staying 06 and have less need to add many players.

We saw this in the 08 age group. Lower gold and silver teams are now the top teams because they weren't as loaded with Aug-Dec 07 boys on their roster and stayed in the 08 age group (were 08SY, are now 08AP by dumping their older players). The 08SY teams that were loaded with 07's moved up to become 07 teams and many struggled mightily this past spring and have been searching for older 07's to fill the gap.

The best teams seem to be those that had a good core of Aug-Dec 07's from an 08SY team but managed to pick up some top Jan-Jul 07 kids from 07SY teams that were becoming 06AP teams.

Going to see a lot of movement ranking-wise come August when everyone has to go Age Pure.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 6/13/2016, 2:29 pm

Manchester Soccer Club wrote:There are many independent clubs that offer the Select experience at 1/2 to 1/4 the price charged by the big clubs. Our fees, for example, don't see a significant increase as compared to academy soccer, except for a slight increase to cover the costs of an additional tournament or two. There are affordable options for 2006-born players out there (along with all other ages), they may just be a little tougher to find because they don't have the name recognition of the bigger clubs.

Agree with this, my 96b played for independent teams early on in Select and it was far, far cheaper than when he went to play for Solar. There are absolutely more cost effective solutions compared to the big clubs. And if the child is talented, the big clubs will absolutely figure out a way to get him onto a team.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by doubletrouble on 6/13/2016, 2:37 pm

Oh yes my boys have been offered to play and they will work something out , but then they come back with we can scolarship one but not the two. And it's always the same , we have fundraisers coming up but until then you will have to pay through the nose ....
doubletrouble
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Roma FC on 6/13/2016, 3:44 pm

Doubletrouble.....sadly the cost to play select soccer is high and even more so for multi-athlete families.  Many costs can not be avoided and in general you get what you pay for.  While it is true that you may not have to pay nearly as much with an independent team, consider the level of training your BB is receiving, the quality of the training facility, and the competitiveness of the league the team will be playing in.  A dad who volunteers his time would certainly help you save money, but it also might be a waste of your time and your player's depending on your player's potential.  A good coach should very quickly be able to evaluate your BB and if he is honest, he will direct you accordingly either to one of his club's teams, or another club's he respects where there might be an fit.  Our club offers free evaluations complete with one on one consultation and I invite you to call Michael Schell at 214-244-3172 to arrange.

Dallas Roma FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum