Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar 03 & 04 DA Open Tryouts

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's be adults....

Post by Soccer_mom81 on 6/19/2016, 10:51 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
babyshae wrote:Over the weekend I heard that Farley is now the Solar DA coach, and most of his players went to academy with him. Anyone else hear this? I figure it might be true since none of his players are on the Cates or DeLeon teams from what I have seen.

I heard a rumor Klinnsman was getting ready to appoint me technical director for US Soccer.  Since I heard, I know it's true.

I was asking a question. No need to be immature....

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Solar 03 & 04 DA Open Tryouts

Post by ballMovement on 6/19/2016, 11:36 pm

Soccer_mom81 wrote:Over the weekend I heard that Farley is now the Solar DA coach, and most of his players went to academy with him. Anyone else hear this? I figure it might be true since none of his players are on the Cates or DeLeon teams from what I have seen.

Is this true? Farley is the DA coach? Oh no!

ballMovement
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 on 6/20/2016, 7:35 am

Bbdiaz wrote:Yes he is coaching the 04's and the 03's

Wrong

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 6/20/2016, 9:20 am

My understanding of DA was the coach had to hold an A license.

With that said, the coach listed on paper as "the coach" may not necessarily be the one running the practices.

Farley runs excellent practices and drills. His presence at training isn't going to ruin anything for anybody.
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_mom81 on 6/20/2016, 2:38 pm

Thank you. As a single mother who has put my own life on hold for the past year to dedicate all of my time to my children, I am not familiar with the soccer stuff. My ex handled everything to do with soccer. Now that he has been gone, I have been trying to figure it out and make the best decisions. So, I appreciate any tips or info I get.

Soccer_mom81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 6/20/2016, 3:54 pm

Soccmom, unfortunately competitive NTX soccer has become mostly about who you know or how much you are willing to suck up (hence SDadX2) to get your kid on certain teams, unless you have an absolute stud player or better yet, an 03/04 that is big/strong/fast, great soccer skills not always required.  All the clubs have issues, Solar's lack of funds has forced them to get rid of some highly paid coaches and make cut backs in other places.  Solca is stretched thin and they did not get the coach they wanted for the 03s because he had a better job offer and Solar did not have the funds to pony up.  Besides, not sure if anyone with half a brain would take a job at Solar as it's longevity is suspect, and now with another sinking ship coming along for the ride, with it's financially backing captain jumping overboard now that his kid is no longer in the system, etc. etc. (you get the picture).  Farley has irritated many Solar parents/players which have threatened to head for the mountains should he have anything to do with DA.  So there you have it, a DOC in Solca that has had to take the 03s in order to keep the team together, with help from someone that exhales more hot air than Shamu, that many don't want around.  How it all shakes out remains to be seen.  Solca will have to rid himself of a couple of his current teams to make time, while trying to keep the club together and the power struggles that will come with the new Andro merger.

ps.  I you have not heard from Solca or Shamu yet on your bb, go find another team quick.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballMovement on 6/20/2016, 4:59 pm

allen04 wrote:
With that said, the coach listed on paper as "the coach" may not necessarily be the one running the practices.

True.  But if they still haven't named who will be running practices or coaching....Wouldn't you still want to know who the powers may be?  This person(s) will be making the call whether or not your bb plays or not and for how long.

allen04 wrote:
Farley runs excellent practices and drills.  His presence at training isn't going to ruin anything for anybody.

I call BS on that statement.  With all the red flags people are raising on Farley and people who aren't heeding it--  I guess you'll need to watch and see what can happen to your bb OR other bb's on the team.  You will notice sooner or later.  Good luck!!

GrimReaperD wrote:Farley has irritated many Solar parents/players which have threatened to head for the mountains should he have anything to do with DA.  So there you have it, a DOC in Solca that has had to take the 03s in order to keep the team together, with help from someone that exhales more hot air than Shamu, that many don't want around.  

ps.  I you have not heard from Solca or Shamu yet on your bb, go find another team quick.

Glad I'm not the only one who knows that Shamu puts out hot air.  No matter which end it comes from, it stinks from both direction. No

ballMovement
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 6/20/2016, 6:47 pm

GrimReaperD wrote: unfortunately competitive NTX soccer has become mostly about who you know or how much you are willing to suck up (hence SDadX2) to get your kid on certain teams.

That's some funny sh$$t right there!

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by mad4futbal on 6/21/2016, 11:18 am

ballMovement wrote:
allen04 wrote:

True.  But if they still haven't named who will be running practices or coaching....Wouldn't you still want to know who the powers may be?  This person(s) will be making the call whether or not your bb plays or not and for how long.

allen04 wrote:
Farley runs excellent practices and drills.  His presence at training isn't going to ruin anything for anybody.

I call BS on that statement.  With all the red flags people are raising on Farley and people who aren't heeding it--  I guess you'll need to watch and see what can happen to your bb OR other bb's on the team.  You will notice sooner or later.  Good luck!!

GrimReaperD wrote:Farley has irritated many Solar parents/players which have threatened to head for the mountains should he have anything to do with DA.  So there you have it, a DOC in Solca that has had to take the 03s in order to keep the team together, with help from someone that exhales more hot air than Shamu, that many don't want around.  

Glad I'm not the only one who knows that Shamu puts out hot air.  No matter which end it comes from, it stinks from both direction. No

I just love how you two can talk about someone like that hidden behind  a "user name".  It's very cowardly....  And if you differ,  show up to the next practice and walk up to Farley and share your nickname!!!! Dont worry, I'm sure you will have an excuse because you both know everything and say it like it is....But, I will not be holding my breath!!!!! LOL

mad4futbal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 6/21/2016, 12:44 pm

What's cowardly are how some of these coaches including Farsely treat young kids on top of not making them any better. I would have no problem confronting some of these coaches and telling them like it is, as if they don't already know, but it wouldn't make one bit of difference. Thus, we are warning people like Soccmom so they don't have to go through the pain and waste of time on their own. Lots going on behind the scenes which most have no clue about.

But while we're at it, why don't you tell us who you are since you seem to like it all in the open.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mad4futbal on 6/21/2016, 2:30 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:What's cowardly are how some of these coaches including Farsely treat young kids on top of not making them any better.  I would have no problem confronting some of these coaches and telling them like it is, as if they don't already know, but it wouldn't make one bit of difference.  Thus, we are warning people like Soccmom so they don't have to go through the pain and waste of time on their own.  Lots going on behind the scenes which most have no clue about.

But while we're at it, why don't you tell us who you are since you seem to like it all in the open.

Once again, its your opinion.  I've heard way more positive about the coaches than negative.  As far as telling everyone who we are: I'm not the one calling coaches names.  Each circumstance is different for the BB's/parents.  And from my experience, it sometimes starts with unrealistic parents and coaches having to make decisions about filling a roster without adequate time to observe talent.  Just my $0.02....   Best of Luck..

mad4futbal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ballMovement on 6/21/2016, 3:00 pm

I don't need to confront anybody. Like Grim and several other people, not just two of us, we're telling people what we know of Farley. Ya'll can do what you want. Join or not, it's your business. But for me, I'd appreciate some insight regarding certain coaches.

Mad4futbal, tell us who you are so we can "follow" you to see how you and your bb turn out after joining the Farsley train.

ballMovement
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 6/21/2016, 3:00 pm

Ok, well if it's just my opinion lets do a little experiment.  Make Farsely the coach of any of the 03 or 04 DA teams and lets see how many people scatter.  Or maybe you can name some of those kids that Farsely has developed and are now blossoming.  Or better yet, why don't you ask some of the coaches themselves at Solar, off the record, what they think of Farsely as a coach and let us know what you come up with.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 6/21/2016, 3:09 pm

I'm new to Solar. I drive an hour to get my son to practice. I have had contact with Farley and Solca and can not say anything bad about either one. All I know is my son wants to go to practice and will get opportunities that he wouldn't had If he was anywhere else. All I read on the blog is a bunch of parents bad mouthing a coach. There are other solar teams, other DA teams, other clubs. If they don't like Farley or Solca then move on.... You can say I'm blind or naive or that I will learn the hard way, but so be it. My BB is having fun and he has become motivated to take his game to the next level.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7sdad on 6/21/2016, 3:29 pm

My bb is on the 03 DA team and he is not big strong or fast, And I don't suck up to anyone. I just let my bb do what he needs to do. and solca and ray are good coaches in my eyes. And I been doing this for 12 years now.

7sdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 6/21/2016, 3:44 pm

Seems to be lots of confusion/discussion around the Solar DA program.  My question is....just as an observer "Is Solar DA program, specifically for this younger 03/04 group, quickly becoming the "last resort" for gifted players that desire a higher level of competition than is available via Classic League and/or other competitive leagues?  

If the purpose of the program nationally is to train and identify the most promising prospects in a particular region in hope of building a stronger national team, then would't it make sense to have only 1 DA program in any given metroplex?  Wouldn't it be most beneficial to put all our most promising prospects in the same program?  From what I hear from others who have been in the program, the "fun" factor wears off rather quickly once you've been in the program for any length of time.  So why not take it serious from the start?

On the other hand, if playing DA is just for fun, then I see Soccer27's point, and it really does not matter who the coach is.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 6/21/2016, 4:04 pm

Didn't mean it to sound just for fun. But was referring that my BB is enjoying playing with others that seek to play at a high competitive level. Soccer is supposed to be fun. If you ask any professional soccer player they say when it stops being fun then it's time to stop playing soccer.
Either way no matter who the coach is or who is involved Solar DA will be successful.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman on 6/21/2016, 4:25 pm

There is enough talent in the dfw area to warrant three teams here. DA is not for fun it is for development. They should have fun naturally because they are playing a sport. But if you aren't playing then it isn't as much fun. It is competitive and your place is not guaranteed. Not for everyone. That is why there are different levels of competition.

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 6/21/2016, 4:46 pm

winkipop77 wrote:
If the purpose of the program nationally is to train and identify the most promising prospects in a particular region in hope of building a stronger national team, then would't it make sense to have only 1 DA program in any given metroplex?  Wouldn't it be most beneficial to put all our most promising prospects in the same program?  From what I hear from others who have been in the program, the "fun" factor wears off rather quickly once you've been in the program for any length of time.  So why not take it serious from the start?

I like your logic. We should take it further. We only have 1 national team so lets select the best metro area and just have 1 DA program for the whole country. We can locate it in Southern Cal.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 6/21/2016, 5:01 pm

sukiakiman wrote:There is enough talent in the dfw area to warrant three teams here.

So are you saying that on each of the 3 clubs DA teams from our area (in any age group) that there are not 2 or 3 players that stick out?  Players that are slightly bigger/faster/stronger/more skilled etc. than their other teammates (who also would stick out on CL level teams)?  I honestly don't know...not having ever attended a DA level game, so thats why I am asking, so please forgive me for getting off subject.

The problem of course with only having 1 single developmental program nationally is its too far to drive:)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 6/21/2016, 6:02 pm

Looks like you saw through my sarcasm. Razz

If you only have 1 DA club per metro area who do they play? Travel demands would be crazy in a country this size.

But more importantly if we want to raise the standard we need more players training 5 days a week. Not less players. This country has a huge population and huge geography. The UK only has a population of 65M and is 1/3 size of Texas but it has loads of academies. And they are not only tied to the EPL clubs. The smaller clubs have them too. There is a pecking order and inevitably the best prospects make their way to the big EPL teams eventually either transferring in the later years of academy or as young pros. But there is a broad base to nurture all the potential talent.

As for the stand out 2 or 3 players being the only ones to consider, that is just flat out wrong. For every Wayne Rooney there are 5 Harry Kanes and Jamie Vardys. Rooney was an obvious future star at a young age but so many flame out e.g. Freddie Adu and worse. But many like Kane and Vardy are not the stand outs at 11, 12, 13 or 14.

If you don't believe me listen to this interesting podcast about Harry Kane. He coach says he wishes he could say he saw he was destined to be a star but he was not the best player 10-14.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03wvyhy

Alternatively you can read the same story here....
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36321045

davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Roma FC on 6/21/2016, 7:13 pm

Thanks for the insightful and sincere post davito.  It make sense that in order to raise the standard that we would need more players practicing 5 days a week, not less.  But then why not let any club that meets the requirements offer a DA level program?  

Much of the discussion related to this post is "who is the coach?" and "if the coach is ____ then we are are leaving" etc. Given the fact that most youth soccer clubs are typically not as financially sound as they claim to be and the fact that attracting and retaining top level professional coaches at this level requires money, having 3 DA clubs in our metroplex is then too few.  Would you agree? And also related to one of my previous questions, has Solar's program suffered (i.e. become "the last resort") with last year's exit of Kevin Smith?  A serious question that desires an unbiased and honest answer (if that is possible).

Dallas Roma FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 6/21/2016, 10:33 pm

Dallas Roma FC wrote:

Much of the discussion related to this post is "who is the coach?" and "if the coach is ____ then we are are leaving" etc. Given the fact that most youth soccer clubs are typically not as financially sound as they claim to be and the fact that attracting and retaining top level professional coaches at this level requires money, having 3 DA clubs in our metroplex is then too few.  Would you agree?

Not understanding your point about finances/retaining coaches and therefore 3 DA teams are too few.

Should we have 5 clubs instead of 3? I don't know. Maybe. It is a balance between keeping the level high but having enough players with good potential training 5 days a week.

If we expanded to 10 clubs we would certainly water down the quality significantly. Teams 9 and 10 would have far less talent challenging each other in practice every day compared to teams 1 and 2.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 6/21/2016, 11:00 pm

We had 4 DA programs but the level of that 4th club although improved, could not keep up with the other three. That is now true for Solar as well for the most part and soon there will only be two....and then one. Wouldn't it make sense to have FCD run the DA program on their own given their resources, facilities, and system? Heck, they could field two or three DA teams if necessary. It's not all about size either otherwise you would see clubs like Liverpool consistently putting top teams together, but they lack the vision and talent at the coaching level to pull it off.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allentexan on 6/22/2016, 5:00 am

From the standings for the last PA U13 resuts, Solar does not seem to be at the bottom of the pack.
http://npltexas.demosphere.com/schedules/2015-2016/79608326.html

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 6/22/2016, 8:19 am

davit wrote: Not understanding your point about finances/retaining coaches and therefore 3 DA teams are too few.

My point is that youth soccer clubs, particularly ones that operate as non-profit organizations, have shaky finances.  As history has shown repeatedly, youth clubs either:

1. Become victims of fraud and or embezzlement by one or more of the individuals that run them http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/dallas/headlines/20110608-former-head-of-dallas-solar-soccer-club-indicted-on-charges-he-stole-800000.ece

2. Improperly manage/budget funds and have to close their facilities, or short pay coaches, forcing those coaches to switch clubs http://www.txsoccer.info/t2862-andromeda-is-padlocked and http://www.txsoccer.info/t13789-texans-new-coach

So why not leave the critical role of running a national DA program to the professional clubs?  It appears to be where things are heading. And, as this article points out, even the amount of money our professional clubs are pumping into the DA program does not even compare to the amount of money european clubs spend on their developmental programs we are trying to model. http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/football/usa-soccer-future-stars-lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-stephen-curry-lebron-james/index.html.

I'd have to agree with Grim on this one...it would make more sense for FCD to run the program.  The alternative would be to have an "All for one, one for all" attitude and get ALL of our NTX clubs involved.  You said yourself that it is the 5 days a week of training that is the real differentiator.  Other clubs have qualified coaches that can provide the same level of advanced, more intense training to their top talent and then feed into a national system.  

It puzzles me how a country so big on free markets and capitalism can tolerate professional sports leagues that are so exclusive and prevent fair competition, while much more socialistic countries have professional sports leagues that encourage competition with their systems of promotion and relegation.  Just an observation, and we are the ones to blame for tolerating it.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum