Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Any Update on Results?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Update on Results?

Post by allentexan on 4/6/2016, 10:28 pm

Can anyone post the result of Castro vs Cruz Azul?

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Update on Results?

Post by robben on 4/6/2016, 11:16 pm

allentexan wrote:Can anyone post the result of Castro vs Cruz Azul?

CRUZ AZUL 5 SOLAR CASTRO 2
robben
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 4/7/2016, 10:13 am

I Definitely didn't see that one coming. Cruz Azul has some individual standouts up front and in goal, but player for player and game strategy I thought Castro would surely have the advantage.  I would really like to know if CA is starting to make the transition as a solid top 5 or if Castro had some weak spots that CA's more than capable forward was able to score at will through.

I Didn't watch the game, but Kudos to CA for winning against the top team which is not something that happens very often and will most definitely mean that CA has earned top 5 status at the end of this season.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 4/7/2016, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 10:43 am

I arrived to the game when it was 2-2 (Solar was down 2-0 then tied it)... Solar was attacking and CA was defensive appriximately 70% of the time +/- ... It was when CA countered that Solar had no answer, and in a span of 10 minutes it was 4-2... IMO, Solar did not respect the speed and talent of CA's attack, and although Solar had their chances, CA was able to finish on a much higher percentage of their opportunities... CA has done very well this Spring season, and it will be interesting to see them match up vs a very solid FCD squad on Saturday...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GotNoGame on 4/7/2016, 3:40 pm

So, assuming that they beat Woodberry's team on Saturday, Odyssey will finish at the top of the table, right? Seems like somehow that's the way the year should finish based on the statistics, but that has to sting a little for Solar gold. 5 goals in one game doesn't sound at all normal for them, so what changed last night? Injuries? Players missing? Did Castro have a stroke on the sidelines and leave them coachless? Smile

GotNoGame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 3:47 pm

#17 happened! That kid is hands down the most lethal player in D1... He would be the STAR on any local PA or DA team, and is a great kid on top of being freakishly fast with a great first touch and and killer finish... If others think there is someone better in this area, they are biased or blind... Castro's boys had their chances and missed, #17 had his and produced...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 3:56 pm

Another thing to consider is that Odyssey is the only unbeaten team... Several ties, but honestly the only 2 games that were even close (as far as possession and control) was the 1-0 win vs Gold and the 0-0 tie that FCD Premier actually outplayed us in ... The other ties were way more about Odyssey giving away the "W" than they were about the other team outplaying us... The only team that played well enough to earn a win vs us was FCD, and we were fortunate to have tied them on that particular day... Final results seem to be the way they should be IMO, and I think FCD is a team to watch moving forward; they can play when they are motivated!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allentexan on 4/7/2016, 3:57 pm

how many goals did #17 score?

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GotNoGame on 4/7/2016, 3:59 pm

Is #17 new to CL and Cruz Azul this Spring, or is he a player that is just now starting to bust out?  Either way, good for him and Cruz Azul.  It must have been a sweet victory after Solar beat them 4-1 in the fall.  And again, assuming they take care of business this weekend (and there's no reason to think they won't), congratulations to Odyssey on a great year.  This has been a fun year to watch in D1! Can't wait to see what happens with all the drama that's about to take place around AP! Very Happy

GotNoGame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 4/7/2016, 4:02 pm

hanallalone wrote:#17 happened!  That kid is hands down the most lethal player in D1...  He would be the STAR on any local PA or DA team, and is a great kid on top of being freakishly fast with a great first touch and and killer finish...  If others think there is someone better in this area, they are biased or blind...  Castro's boys had their chances and missed, #17 had his and produced...  

I agree, that kid is a beast and is playing down for him. I thought he would take Odyssey to the winners circle when he played for them in Dallas Cup as that is a mean combination with that team and put him in the roster.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 4:04 pm

allentexan wrote:how many goals did #17 score?  
. 4
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 4:10 pm

Sprint wrote:
hanallalone wrote:#17 happened!  That kid is hands down the most lethal player in D1...  He would be the STAR on any local PA or DA team, and is a great kid on top of being freakishly fast with a great first touch and and killer finish...  If others think there is someone better in this area, they are biased or blind...  Castro's boys had their chances and missed, #17 had his and produced...  

I agree, that kid is a beast and is playing down for him. I thought he would take Odyssey to the winners circle when he played for them in Dallas Cup as that is a mean combination with that team and put him in the roster.  

He played very well in DC, but we were not playing to finish the games...  Up 2-0 and 1-0 in first 2 matches and lost both...  We had Tigres # and should have kept things the same...  Hindsight is 20/20!!!  It won't happen again...

Last edited by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't ask)
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 4/7/2016, 4:18 pm

hanallalone wrote:
Sprint wrote:

He played very well in DC, but we were not playing to finish the games...  Up 2-0 and 1-0 in first 2 matches and lost both...  We had Tigres # and should have kept things the same...  Hindsight is 20/20!!!  It won't happen again...

Yep, I watched your second game and you guys should have won that one.  Their only two times down on your end and they scored.  Figured it would be about 5-2 your way but never happened.

That kid should be the ODY #1 draft pick over the summer.  Definitely a difference maker.

Last edited by Sprint on 4/7/2016, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 4:23 pm

That was vs the #1 team in the country (rankings are SO wrong), and yes, we should have won... The Tigres game (IMO) was even more lopsided; we had the ball the entire 1st half and were up by 2... I still say Tigres is a kick ball team... I watched the final and it made me sick to my stomach; there were a few teams who were better than them... Would have (should have) been 2 local teams in the final...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 4:29 pm

Sprint wrote:
hanallalone wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Yep, I watched your second game and you guys should have won that one.  Their only two times down on your end and they scored.  Figured it would be about 5-2 your way but never happened.

That kid should be the ODY #1 draft pick over the summer.  Definitely a difference maker.  

The PK they were given and the 1 counter attack goal was about 50% of the time our keeper touched the ball...  He touched the PK and also blocked the 2nd goal but it trickled in because we were all up and late getting back...  UGH, it's hard to KNOW you were good enough to win it all and come up short...  Oh well, we have CL, the SRPL, and NPL...  Going to South Carolina in June for Region 3 championship along with Solar Red...  Go NTX!

Last edited by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fat fingers)
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigress22 on 4/7/2016, 5:17 pm

Han-you must be a John Conlee fan. Geez.

Tigress22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 4/7/2016, 6:01 pm

Not exactly...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down