Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U13 Dallas Cup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

U13 Dallas Cup

Post by donovansucks on 3/21/2016, 8:33 am

Looks like there were several competitive games yesterday in our age group. I watched a bit of the Solar/Kent game yesterday and felt like Castro outplayed the team from England. Castro struggled to find the back of the net early. Kent's keeper made several great saves. Did anyone else see the other games? Good luck to all the North Texas teams!

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: U13 Dallas Cup

Post by hanallalone on 3/21/2016, 9:53 am

Odyssey was winning 2-0, then made adjustments and played defensive the rest of the match losing 3 -2... Apparently substitutions we're not allowed after 3 which was not something we anticipated in the U13 bracket... We made substitutions early and then those players had to remain on the bench... From what I understand the referee was mistaken and that certainly changed the outcome of the match for us... No official word, but that is what I was told...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 3/21/2016, 10:06 am

It is free substitutions for U13 and U14. Sucks when rules are not applied correctly.
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/21/2016, 3:42 pm

I don't recall any indication that the refs were limiting the subs, maybe I missed that, but either way the Tigres team was quite good, many kids with pace and big legs who could spray the ball all over the field. I would be surprised if they don't do well.

We didn't do too well with a lead again today. This is what happens when the margin for error is slim and results are all coin flips. But we have lost like 5 coin flips in a row, which is when you might feel inclined to feel sorry for yourself. BB in the backyard taking free kicks and volleys, it's a sunny day.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 3/21/2016, 6:23 pm

Well, like I said, wasn't official word on the subs, but that's what I was told post match by kids... What a crazy tourney! Either way, Odyssey was ahead of Tigres 2-0 and #1 team in USA 1-0, and managed to play some beautiful ball in the process... Coin flip is a good analogy... #1 ranked team scored a PK to tie it up today, and call was questionable to say the least... 15 players in the box on a corner kick, our guy gets pushed (hard) by their big guy, the player he falls into from the shove flops and it's a PK... Bad luck, and a momentum changer... Was a good match, and I think 100% of the spectators (including their parents) would agree that the better team lost that match... Coin flips hurt at times, especially when your luck has soured... Jersey team was solid, but on the ropes for the most part... They walked off feeling fortunate to have even scored... 1 counter attack break away from WAY back (after our free kick where we had backs pushed up) and a bogus PK... Our keeper was bored most of the match, so I think his team played VERY well... Bad luck, but good experience... Like 13 said, it's a sunny day...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 3/23/2016, 11:17 pm

Maybe the limited substitution rule was one of those clever things a coach says, so it gets back to the parents in hopes they never find out it was really so some bigger, faster less skilled can kids could play NTX style soccer the whole game.... Doesn't happen everywhere, but it's a theory!

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 3/24/2016, 6:33 am

Odyssey was the most skilled team followed by TSF then Tigres...  Unfortunately that is the inverse order of those 3 in the standings...  No matter what we can say that we looked as good or better than the top team in the country... There are at least a couple North Texas teams that are better than the number one ranked team and that is for certain!  Hooray for NTX!

Last edited by hanallalone on 3/24/2016, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accidentally had TSF and PLF... Wrong Acronym...)
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/24/2016, 7:43 am

The Tigres team we played was very good IMO.   They were not real defensively focused which I bet keeps them from winning it all, but were quite strong both physically and skill-wise.   As they should be.   And hell, they handed out pens before the game.  The NJ team we played was less good.   But still, some speed and good soccer IQs.  Speaking of clever, they certainly knew to sub on every dead ball when they didn't have the wind, and once they got the lead.   The Ohio team we played less good than either.   All the games ended up 1 goal margins and were interesting.   That's why you play, no cakewalks.   The wind was a major factor in the games and in the quality of play, I thought.  There were a lot of odd looking moments yesterday when ground passes were swerving in the 30 mph gusts.  

Looks like one of four NTX teams made the playoffs.   Go Solar.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 3/24/2016, 9:08 am

Watching the games, I would venture to say that Odyssey stayed true to their brand of soccer. I still don't agree with the play to "not lose" strategy once up by a goal. Packing it in is never good IMO. FCD decided they wanted to play direct/straight line soccer and win with speed up top. Great strategy in 30mph winds. When they settled down and played team ball, they were by far the better of the 2 teams on the field at that time. Unfortunately, that came in 12 min increments and not many of them. Not sure what the guest player ratios were on all the NTX teams, but when you put 5 on the field at once for the majority of the game and they still don't get the job done, it seems as if you're teaching your rostered players a wonderful life lesson.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/24/2016, 9:22 am

Our guest player ratio was 1 of 18.  Guest player was fantastic and fit in well from my perspective, appreciate his coach letting him play. It is a struggle to get 17 or 18 kids playing time in the best of circumstances.  

Yeah, I think it's far to say that we stayed true to our brand of soccer.   Some good stuff, some batshit crazy stuff.   Very Happy    
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 3/24/2016, 9:46 am

mpcls55 wrote: FCD decided they wanted to play direct/straight line soccer and win with speed up top. Great strategy in 30mph winds. When they settled down and played team ball, they were by far the better of the 2 teams on the field at that time. Unfortunately, that came in 12 min increments and not many of them.  Not sure what the guest player ratios were on all the NTX teams, but when you put 5 on the field at once for the majority of the game and they still don't get the job done, it seems as if you're teaching your rostered players a wonderful life lesson.  

I agree. It seemed to me that going with the "BFS" players didn't seem to work in FCD's favor. The ebb and flow seemed to be more precise and better communication from the back all the way to the top seemed better when the regular rostered players were on the pitch playing, but that didn't happen often. Oh well, what do I know? I'm hoping to see a Tigres/Solar final.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB on 3/24/2016, 10:17 am

muc03b wrote:
mpcls55 wrote: FCD decided they wanted to play direct/straight line soccer and win with speed up top. Great strategy in 30mph winds. When they settled down and played team ball, they were by far the better of the 2 teams on the field at that time. Unfortunately, that came in 12 min increments and not many of them.  Not sure what the guest player ratios were on all the NTX teams, but when you put 5 on the field at once for the majority of the game and they still don't get the job done, it seems as if you're teaching your rostered players a wonderful life lesson.  

I agree. It seemed to me that going with the "BFS" players didn't seem to work in FCD's favor. The ebb and flow seemed to be more precise and better communication from the back all the way to the top seemed better when the regular rostered players were on the pitch playing, but that didn't happen often. Oh well, what do I know? I'm hoping to see a Tigres/Solar final.

No comment

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 3/24/2016, 11:05 am

mpcls55 wrote:Watching the games, I would venture to say that Odyssey stayed true to their brand of soccer. I still don't agree with the play to "not lose" strategy once up by a goal. Packing it in is never good IMO. FCD decided they wanted to play direct/straight line soccer and win with speed up top. Great strategy in 30mph winds. When they settled down and played team ball, they were by far the better of the 2 teams on the field at that time. Unfortunately, that came in 12 min increments and not many of them.  Not sure what the guest player ratios were on all the NTX teams, but when you put 5 on the field at once for the majority of the game and they still don't get the job done, it seems as if you're teaching your rostered players a wonderful life lesson.  

Our guest player was a perfect fit, and he is a really nice kid on top of that... Our Coach/Manger did an excellent job of picking that guy, and a HUGE thanks to his coach for allowing him to play... As for the playing to "not lose", I could not agree with you more... When you quit attacking and change up a formula that has you up by 2 goals completely dominating possession, IMO you're making a fatal mistake to change anything at all until it stops working... Hard lesson learned, hope it is not repeated... No doubt we stayed true to our brand in all aspects... Not playing on Thursday kinda stings, especially when you know that you should be...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 3/24/2016, 9:49 pm

CASTRO is still in it, and they are my pick to raise the trophy on Saturday... Wasn't at the games today, but believe that Solar group we all know will find a way to win regardless of the opponent... Good luck Solar! For all those who have the time, the final is at Toyota Stadium on Saturday 9AM... I am taking my boys to see it...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 3/25/2016, 12:28 am

Watching the games earlier today and Solar looked good. Solar and Tigres are my predictions to duke it out in the final.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 3/25/2016, 8:16 am

I watched 3 of the 4 quarterfinal.  Fullerton game too far away to see.  

The poor NJ team was so physically outmatched that I felt bad for them.   Have no clue how they tied Tigres, unless it was some sort of Dijon 1982 fix going on. NJ GK cannot touch crossbar = 2 goals.  Chicago GK could probably dunk.   Same differential with the field players. Solar has six big kids on the field most of the game and just beat the Bayern team to almost every loose ball in the middle of the pitch.   How much of the ball you have, and how much time you have on it, pretty much a function of physical disparities.   You still have to be good enough to do something with it, but so much of it about crazy maturity gaps.  

Not to say it wasn't good soccer.  Solar, Bayern, Tigres, Golden State, and NJ all play the ball well to all their field players.   The Chi team somewhat less so.   But they jumped out to such a huge lead that didn't matter.  Wind a major factor.  Unless you are the Tigres centre back and can hit the upper 90 on  45 yard free kicks into the wind.   Tigres somehow ended up with like 30 players and 15 coaches on their bench by end of the game. Poor field marshaling I suspect.

I'll be surprised if Solar loses.  Best combination of size and skill and game knowledge. But surprised Fullerton lost as well.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allentexan on 3/25/2016, 2:15 pm

@mpcls55 your predictions came true. Solar and Tigres are in finals.

allentexan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 on 3/25/2016, 2:43 pm

Congratulations, Solar! Good luck tomorrow and let's keep the Dallas Cup in Texas!

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 3/25/2016, 6:47 pm

Absolutely! This is the Dallas Cup, so if we can't win it, somebody from here needs to... Predict Solar by 3+... IMO, Tigres attack OK, defend OK, and are really only a BIG threat on set pieces vs less aggressive teams... Probably the best OK team out there, but OK does not win it all in the world I live in... Nothing about them truly impressed me to except how they have managed to play less than stellar soccer and make it to the final... That stat IS impressive to me; it's hard to come out on top so often when you're not truly stronger... I would not mind having their luck, but something tells me tomorrow that lucky streak comes to a SCREECHING halt... I don't see it being a game after 15 minutes...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 3/25/2016, 7:24 pm

Good luck Solar
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 3/25/2016, 7:31 pm

hanallalone wrote:Absolutely!  This is the Dallas Cup, so if we can't win it, somebody from here needs to...  Predict Solar by 3+...  IMO, Tigres attack OK, defend OK, and are really only a BIG threat on set pieces vs less aggressive teams...  Probably the best OK team out there, but OK does not win it all in the world I live in...  Nothing about them truly impressed me to except how they have managed to play less than stellar soccer and make it to the final...  That stat IS impressive to me; it's hard to come out on top so often when you're not truly stronger...  I would not mind having their luck, but something tells me tomorrow that lucky streak comes to a SCREECHING halt...  I don't see it being a game after 15 minutes...

Should be a great match between the two teams. This is a rematch from their semifinal match in the Bobby Rhine back in January that went to PK's with Solar winning then going on and beating FCD El Paso to win the Bobby Rhine and qualifying for the DC. I have seen the Tigres play (not this week) and they are a talented team. I can't imagine being lucky for 5 games in a row with a strong field at the Dallas Cup, but what do I know? Good luck to both teams and will be fun to watch tomorrow.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 3/25/2016, 9:07 pm

muc03b wrote:
hanallalone wrote:Absolutely!  This is the Dallas Cup, so if we can't win it, somebody from here needs to...  Predict Solar by 3+...  IMO, Tigres attack OK, defend OK, and are really only a BIG threat on set pieces vs less aggressive teams...  Probably the best OK team out there, but OK does not win it all in the world I live in...  Nothing about them truly impressed me to except how they have managed to play less than stellar soccer and make it to the final...  That stat IS impressive to me; it's hard to come out on top so often when you're not truly stronger...  I would not mind having their luck, but something tells me tomorrow that lucky streak comes to a SCREECHING halt...  I don't see it being a game after 15 minutes...

Should be a great match between the two teams. This is a rematch from their semifinal match in the Bobby Rhine back in January that went to PK's with Solar winning then going on and beating FCD El Paso to win the Bobby Rhine and qualifying for the DC. I have seen the Tigres play (not this week) and they are a talented team. I can't imagine being lucky for 5 games in a row with a strong field at the Dallas Cup, but what do I know? Good luck to both teams and will be fun to watch tomorrow.
True, but hopefully this time, they'll be playing kids closer to their age. Very Happy
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 3/26/2016, 12:16 pm

Congrats Solar!

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b on 3/26/2016, 12:29 pm

It was a great match. Congrats to Solar. Didn't see the dominance of Solar as some predicted would happen. It was a very even game. So Tigres scored on a set piece...its part of the game. I do know Tigres starting GK was out with an injury and may have made a difference in the shootout at the end. Regardless, the two best teams this week played at the end.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 3/26/2016, 10:28 pm

I saw it as a possession team vs a kick it up and chase it down team... Tigres plays poised from the back, but then within 3-4 touches it is sent up and over to their attacking guys who are very physical and attempt to overpower the opponents backs... Glad to see that tactic come up short; although it works at times, it is not exactly pretty to watch and IMO bad soccer... Tigres goal was assisted by a swirling wind and a mis-timed jump by Solar keeper... Not exactly a great shot, and more of a keeper error if anything... The one thing I can about Tigres is that they pressed hard and turned a few sluggish Solar passes into scoring opportunities... Solar keeper was tested a few times, but after the 1 miss to start the 2nd half handled his business... The better team won... Way to keep in in NTX Solar!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum