Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

2016 Vegas Cup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2016 Vegas Cup

Post by Fanofson on 1/5/2016, 11:59 am

Good luck to Dallas Texans 03 South, Liverpool FC Toshack, Dallas Texans 03 Fort Worth and Fort Worth FC as they all head out to Vegas next week to represent North Texas soccer.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Vegas Cup

Post by Sprint on 1/5/2016, 12:41 pm

Did the Vegas Chamber of Commerce make a recruiting push to the 03 age group in North Texas? That's a lot of 03 teams.

Probably the one tournament on my list that my kids have not done, that I am pushing for one day. Would be a great time for the parents.

Good luck. I expect two North Texas 03 teams in the final.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 1/5/2016, 12:54 pm

I have heard great things about this event. Our coaching director took a couple of his teams last year and he placed the event right there with Disney and Surf cup.

In 03 boys there are 44 teams in three divisions. Four from North Texas, 25 from South California, from 7 from Arizona, 3 from Utah, 1 from NV, 1 from Florida, 1 from New Jersey, and 2 from Washington.

Chance to see some new faces.

Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 1/5/2016, 1:24 pm

I have heard good things about it as well. Should be good competition.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks on 1/5/2016, 1:38 pm

We played in this tourney a few years ago. Great competition, weather and facilities. It was a well run event. Best of luck to the NT teams!

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 1/20/2016, 10:56 am

Well no medals coming back from the 03 boys group, but all four teams had respectable performances. The Dallas Texans 03 FTW team made it to semi finals before being edged out 3-2 by the local team.

In all respectable finish for the North Texas teams. On the boys side, there were ten teams that traveled to Vegas. The Liverpool Elite 02 team finished 2nd and both the 01 Dallas Texans South and the 03 Dallas Texans FTW teams made it to semis.

On the girls side, there were 27 teams that traveled from DFW to sin city. 6 bowed out in quarters, 5 left after semis, four took home silvers and two took home gold. In the 04 girls gold bracket there were four from NT. There was an all NTX final.

Great tournament. Well organized. We feel we got shafted by a late call that went in home teams favor but what can you do......
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 1/20/2016, 1:03 pm

Sounds like a good NTX showing to me, and Vegas, gotta love it! Probably felt like you landed in heaven when compared to driving up to Oklahoma to freeze and get shafted by the refs at every possible opportunity! Bad refs in OK!!!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShastaTx on 1/20/2016, 1:06 pm

I have to agree. It was a very well ran tournament with good competition, good fields, and good weather. Our kids and parents had a blast. Wish the games would have went a little better. It took a couple of games for the kids to put it together, but hey, you can't have everything. Would definitely recommend the tourney to any other teams thinking about going.

ShastaTx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum