Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Ccsai implementing Age Pure system for 2016-17

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ccsai implementing Age Pure system for 2016-17

Post by soccercity on 12/1/2015, 2:51 pm

Number13 wrote: I've been working on the premise that BB would be pro by 16 so I am not that concerned with HS and book lernin.

Arent we all?
Laughing

soccercity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 1/4/2016, 11:38 am

Number13 wrote:
earbucket wrote:

Are there enough young birth year kids to form a division of ten teams at U18?  I doubt it.  

The birth year kids who are HS juniors playing with HS seniors will lose out, because in the spring senioritis hits and there won't be full team participation.  This will leave the juniors with a wasted half-season and then scrambling to join a team of younger birth years kids in July where the same pattern will emerge.  Or maybe these HS juniors wise up and just quit club and play HS senior year.  The clubs will love that concept.  

So what you are saying is that it makes some sense to align with the school year?   Smile

It certainly seems like its the end that they need to figure out, then work backwards to the younger ages.   Maybe have 1.5 years worth together or something at the end.   I've been working on the premise that BB would be pro by 16 so I am not that concerned with HS and book lernin.

Wouldn't they just play in the U19 mens bracket? I guess adding the U18 might work but you have seniors playing in the U19 bracket right now.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 1/4/2016, 12:13 pm

frequent flyer wrote:

Wouldn't they just play in the U19 mens bracket?  I guess adding the U18 might work but you have seniors playing in the U19 bracket right now.

The U19 bracket is only half of a season.   Cause you can't get enough seniors to return to play in the Spring.  If you keep things the same in terms of brackets, the Aug-Dec kids are going to be U19 for both Junior and Senior years.   (when before they were U17 for their Junior year). They will lose half a season, because they will be paired with Jan-July Seniors when they are Juniors.  

Basically you need to set up the age groups so that nobody is bailing out mid-season and so that you have a full year worth of kids in each age group (i.e. you don't have half the age group having graduated and moving on).   That works when the school calendar aligns with the soccer calendar year.   Otherwise, not so much.  

You can't have U18 and U19, I suppose.   You only have half an age group for U19 (older seniors).   So maybe you stick with U17 and U19 and make U19 a full season and hope that between old 11th and the full 12th grade that you can get enough kids willing to play a whole season, particularly if you weight it towards the Fall.   Or something.  

But either way, you are gonna be asking the Aug-Dec kids to sign up for an extra year of something that is gonna be effed up relative to what it currently is.  Unless I am just missing something.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum