Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Ccsai implementing Age Pure system for 2016-17

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ccsai implementing Age Pure system for 2016-17

Post by A21032222 on 11/27/2015, 9:09 pm

It' seems that it's official according to posted ccsai.org info. They say their are aware of age pure change so sounds like they will implement at classic level. Going with yew age age groupings for fall 2016 season, Current U13 will be U14. 2003 birth year. No details other than saying this is happening next year, I believe they will keep byes for age pure bracket, so current 03 would keep the byes. BTW just saw today that Asyes joined with On the ball club to help with these changes. Sound like older kids will try to get on U15 teams that get their byes.
United States Youth Soccer will adopt calendar year age groups for all programs for the 2016/2017 season.
• North Texas Soccer will also adopt calendar year age groups for the 2016/2017 season.

A21032222
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Ccsai implementing Age Pure system for 2016-17

Post by sukiakiman on 11/28/2015, 6:36 am

here is there age chart....different from DA....

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0087/3769/USSFMandatesPresentation.doc_11_19.rtf_web_site.pdf

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 on 11/28/2015, 10:04 am

sukiakiman wrote:here is there age chart....different from DA....

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0087/3769/USSFMandatesPresentation.doc_11_19.rtf_web_site.pdf

Will Classic League have a U 18 division next year?
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German on 11/28/2015, 5:00 pm

That means that players that are born currently in the second half of the year will lose an entire soccer year. Interesting

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. "
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 11/28/2015, 5:49 pm

We all know they are going with BY next year.  And they are gonna have to add u18 when they go with new age matrix.  Nobody is gonna be sitting home with no soccer to play for a year.   The bye stuff in OP just conjecture. From front page CL website:

DOCs and Coaches,

We want to reassure each of you that we are listening to all of your feedback, comments, and suggestions regarding Birth Year Registration and how it affects your Classic League byes.

We ask for your patience while we work through all the details.

We plan on having another DOC/Coaches open discussion meeting January 10, 2016, @ 7:00 PM, so please mark your calendars.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 11/28/2015, 7:32 pm

I happen to like the idea of a QT for all...  After the "change", the teams that are awarded the byes will probably not have anything even close to resembling the same rosters as the group of players that earned those byes...  A QT seems like a viable solution for CL considering the massive roster changes...  I know (currently) if a certain % stays with a team they can move to different clubs and retain their bye, and that seems to work well...  So if a % is needed and they can't all meet the criteria, let's just PLAY a tourney...  That way, at least there will not be any teams who have a bye that cannot compete in their division...  CL will not be the same if they just award the byes to the younger ones and expect to have a solid D1 bracket with 75% of the players missing on many of the teams because they were born between July and Jan...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 11/28/2015, 7:43 pm

I happen to like the idea of a QT for all...  After the "change", the teams that are awarded the byes will probably not have anything even close to resembling the same rosters as the group of players that earned those byes...  A QT seems like a viable solution for CL considering the massive roster changes...  I know (currently) if a certain % stays with a team they can move to different clubs and retain their bye, and that seems to work well...  So if a % is needed and they can't all meet the criteria, let's just PLAY a tourney...  That way, at least there will not be any teams who have a bye that cannot compete in their division...  CL will not be the same if they just award the byes to the younger ones and expect to have a solid D1 bracket with 75% of the players missing on many of the teams because they were born between July and Jan...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 11/28/2015, 7:49 pm

Can't edit, accidental duplicate...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 11/28/2015, 9:42 pm

The German wrote:That means that players that are born currently in the second half of the year will lose an entire soccer year. Interesting

Gman, I believe folks are finally starting to figure this out.

Regarding the last year of CL, that is what the U19 division does right now. It scoops up two age groups of kids and combines them into one. I say leave that alone since it is only half a season anyway.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by The German on 11/29/2015, 12:03 am

finish1 wrote:
The German wrote:That means that players that are born currently in the second half of the year will lose an entire soccer year. Interesting

Regarding the last year of CL, that is what the U19 division does right now. It scoops up two age groups of kids and combines them into one. I say leave that alone since it is only half a season anyway.
I actually heard rumors for them to make it a complete year for U 19.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. "
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Like your idea

Post by Marvelousmar on 11/29/2015, 7:38 am

hanallalone wrote:I happen to like the idea of a QT for all...  After the "change", the teams that are awarded the byes will probably not have anything even close to resembling the same rosters as the group of players that earned those byes...  A QT seems like a viable solution for CL considering the massive roster changes...  I know (currently) if a certain % stays with a team they can move to different clubs and retain their bye, and that seems to work well...  So if a % is needed and they can't all meet the criteria, let's just PLAY a tourney...  That way, at least there will not be any teams who have a bye that cannot compete in their division...  CL will not be the same if they just award the byes to the younger ones and expect to have a solid D1 bracket with 75% of the players missing on many of the teams because they were born between July and Jan...

I also like this idea a bunch. The big problem is the logistics around this area. I guess you would have about 42-50 teams on average per age group trying out about 294-350 teams. Good size tourney and very doable. It would be interesting to see how that would fly and what the qualification metrics would be.

Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 11/29/2015, 9:55 am

Seinfeld4 wrote:
sukiakiman wrote:here is there age chart....different from DA....

Will Classic League have a U 18 division next year?
well according o that chart they will and I think it only makes since for the kids who don't go to college anyway and why not CL still makes money and why not let U18 and U19 play full seasons Cool
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 11/29/2015, 5:39 pm

If the last two years of CL get split up for the Fall kids, U18 will be 11th grade and U19 is senior year.

I can understand juniors maybe wanting to finish CL in the Spring after the HS season, but I don't believe the seniors will want to continue with CL after the HS season winds down. Just my 2C.

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 11/29/2015, 8:23 pm

finish1 wrote:If the last two years of CL get split up for the Fall kids, U18 will be 11th grade and U19 is senior year.

I can understand juniors maybe wanting to finish CL in the Spring after the HS season, but I don't believe the seniors will want to continue with CL after the HS season winds down. Just my 2C.

assuming the AP program is fully implemented and coaches not exclusively recruiting Jan - May babies...

U18 teams will have the youngest seniors and oldest juniors on the roster.
When the teams move up to U19, potentially half of the roster has graduated.

Classic League went to an abbreviated 9-game U19 (effectively U18 since there are few if any true U19 players) league due to teams' not reliably returning after HS season to play with all of the end-of-senior-year activities.

If the league decides to have a separate U19 group, then teams likely will have to merge or pick up players from imploded teams.  The U18 group may have seniors that may not return for the post HS resumption of league play, or the 9-game league is pushed onto the group and the oldest juniors lose games.

"German" has it right about the youngest of the calendar year losing with the new plan.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/30/2015, 12:10 pm

The German wrote:
finish1 wrote:

I actually heard rumors for them to make it a complete year for U 19.

I have been saying this from the beginning and was refuted over and over.  My kid will basically lose a year.  And...if they add another year, then what does that do?  Gives the others an extra year?  I see it this way...they don't care about older kids and just want more money coming in from the new system in the future.  Same with US Soccer...they are only concerned about the future and to hell with all of those in the older system now.  Pretty fed up with this whole thing... But what do you expect, soccer as a whole is corrupt from the top down internationally.

They're just trying to run off all the long time participants "in the know" about this whole scheme so that we won't interfere with the mass marketing machine and the lure of those "not in the know...YET".

Last edited by CCM on 11/30/2015, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 11/30/2015, 12:21 pm

hanallalone wrote:I happen to like the idea of a QT for all...  After the "change", the teams that are awarded the byes will probably not have anything even close to resembling the same rosters as the group of players that earned those byes...  A QT seems like a viable solution for CL considering the massive roster changes...  I know (currently) if a certain % stays with a team they can move to different clubs and retain their bye, and that seems to work well...  So if a % is needed and they can't all meet the criteria, let's just PLAY a tourney...  That way, at least there will not be any teams who have a bye that cannot compete in their division...  CL will not be the same if they just award the byes to the younger ones and expect to have a solid D1 bracket with 75% of the players missing on many of the teams because they were born between July and Jan...
Will the QT be free or another money grab? affraid
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/30/2015, 12:24 pm

frequent flyer wrote:
Will the QT be free or another money grab? affraid

ding ding

We all know the answer to that.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 11/30/2015, 12:25 pm

CCM wrote:

I have been saying this from the beginning and was refuted over and over.  My kid will basically lose a year.  And...if they add another year, then what does that do?  Gives the others an extra year?  I see it this way...they don't care about older kids and just want more money coming in from the new system in the future.  Same with US Soccer...they are only concerned about the future and to hell with all of those in the older system now.  Pretty fed up with this whole thing... But what do you expect, soccer as a whole is corrupt from the top down internationally.

I'm with you on this whole thing being pointless and quite disruptive in the short-term, but I am really struggling to see what year your kid is missing out on.

Let's assume they figure out how to get all the juniors a full-year league. We are going to get the exact same number of years of CL that we thought we were going to get in the previous system. Our Fall B-days were gonna be playing U19 when they were a senior in the prior system. They will be playing U19 when they are seniors in the new system.

Are we pissed because current 7 year olds born in the Spring are going to get an extra year of Select compared to our Fall kids? That's like being pissed cause people born 50 years later are gonna live 2 years longer.

---------

The whole system is a money grab.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 12/1/2015, 7:45 am

What makes Classic League the top league?  My answer would be the teams that play in it...  That being said, IF CL chooses to give the byes to the younger kids (pretty much breaking up all of the D1 teams), there is no need to play CL...  I'm certain Plano, Arlington, or even a new league would be more than happy to become the top league...  All it would take is the majority of teams to move to the same league, a QT for that league, and a few other adjustments to keep the current teams together and have a brand new Super League in NTX...  If CL doesn't want to do what it takes to keep thousands of players from being teamless and a multitude of coaches from losing what they have spent several years building, then why not just find a league that WILL do the right thing?  If everybody moves to Arlington or Plano, then the only thing that changes is the name of the league and location of the fields...  I will take that over having a diluted league where D3 teams (that have many younger players than D1 teams) are stronger than most D1 teams that are 25-30% of their 2015 roster...  We want a strong league, and lets hope that we don't have to play elsewhere to get it...  The entire process of D1-D3 works very well by allowing teams to move up or down according to their results...  This filtering process is what makes the league so competitive...  I think that CL has an opportunity to save their status / image, or to push a new spotlight league into existence by forcing established teams to split up...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 12/1/2015, 10:44 am

HA, ha ha. I love how you are posturing for "other" leagues. I am not sure if you are actually serious. drunken

FCD, TXNS, Solar will advise classic league. Classic will abide. End of story.

Big Clubs = more teams = more money. Classic isn't going into this blindly. The cash cows will be in this with them. Especially if they can manage to separate a few Indy's and bring more kids/money to their clubs.

The only thing this affects is bye's and the big clubs have them in multiple age groups so they aren't worried.

Whatever happens, the parents will find a team, players will meet new kids and new challenges. It will all work out one way or another.
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 on 12/1/2015, 10:54 am

The gorilla in the room is FCD. They don't have to advise CL and are getting very close to being able to launch their own league that feeds their program. The truth is CL is nowhere near the league it was 5 years ago and will be further removed in 5 more years.

The glory days are behind Classic League. They failed to improve, got static, and will be replaced.
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 12/1/2015, 11:00 am

Seems like CL is definitely at a pivotal crossroad... If the wrong decision is made I think it will open the door for FCD or some other entity to propose an alternative to the current 3 tiered system with CL, PPL, and Arlington...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 12/1/2015, 12:06 pm

Number13 wrote:
CCM wrote:

I'm with you on this whole thing being pointless and quite disruptive in the short-term, but I am really struggling to see what year your kid is missing out on.    

Let's assume they figure out how to get all the juniors a full-year league.   We are going to get the exact same number of years of CL that we thought we were going to get in the previous system.    Our Fall B-days were gonna be playing U19 when they were a senior in the prior system.   They will be playing U19 when they are seniors in the new system.  

Are we pissed because current 7 year olds born in the Spring are going to get an extra year of Select compared to our Fall kids?   That's like being pissed cause people born 50 years later are gonna live 2 years longer.

---------

The whole system is a money grab.

Are there enough young birth year kids to form a division of ten teams at U18? I doubt it.

The birth year kids who are HS juniors playing with HS seniors will lose out, because in the spring senioritis hits and there won't be full team participation. This will leave the juniors with a wasted half-season and then scrambling to join a team of younger birth years kids in July where the same pattern will emerge. Or maybe these HS juniors wise up and just quit club and play HS senior year. The clubs will love that concept.

earbucket
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 12/1/2015, 12:19 pm

earbucket wrote:

Are there enough young birth year kids to form a division of ten teams at U18?  I doubt it.  

The birth year kids who are HS juniors playing with HS seniors will lose out, because in the spring senioritis hits and there won't be full team participation.  This will leave the juniors with a wasted half-season and then scrambling to join a team of younger birth years kids in July where the same pattern will emerge.  Or maybe these HS juniors wise up and just quit club and play HS senior year.  The clubs will love that concept.  

So what you are saying is that it makes some sense to align with the school year?   Smile

It certainly seems like its the end that they need to figure out, then work backwards to the younger ages.   Maybe have 1.5 years worth together or something at the end.   I've been working on the premise that BB would be pro by 16 so I am not that concerned with HS and book lernin.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercity on 12/1/2015, 2:51 pm

Number13 wrote: I've been working on the premise that BB would be pro by 16 so I am not that concerned with HS and book lernin.

Arent we all?
Laughing

soccercity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum