Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by hanallalone on 11/16/2015, 5:07 pm

The 03's are all but decided, and the league NEEDS TO set the schedule asap... The DC bid should be very interesting considering that 4 of these teams SHOULD represent TX, not 1-2... We are the top seed, but I feel for the others because they DESERVE it... That tourney is indescribable!

hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by Number13 on 11/16/2015, 5:15 pm

Yeah it would be kind of funny if the fall season is over. Right now. Haven't seen a lot from CL indicating there will be more games until the Spring.

Well it wouldn't be funny for everybody. But that's how we got 4th or whatever last year as well. So at least CL would be consistent.

avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by hanallalone on 11/16/2015, 6:00 pm

Let's just assume that CL realizes that the #1 team with a 27-3 goals for/against ratio (that also remained UNDEFEATED all season)  will beat (or destroy) a 2 goals for and 52 against team that was improperly thrust into D1 when they belonged in D3 (because Hassan is not logical)...  The last 3 games were vs STRONG teams and ended with a 14-0 scoreline in favor of Odyssey... HELLO?  CL needs to finish it ASAP so we can all FINALLY breathe...
avatar
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by Number13 on 11/16/2015, 6:14 pm

Odyssey is not the top team midway through the season until the season has reached its midway point. One would assume pretty high chance would beat Barnes. But until the games are played, all you have is a game in hand.

On the other hand, can't award somebody a DC bid for leading midway until you reach midway. Or is midway a date thing, and not a "games played" thing?

Can't really play this weekend, its Texans Fall Festival. Can't play next week, its Thanksgiving. It seems fairly reasonable to me to roll the extra game into the Spring, but that makes the DC bid thing a little bit wonky if teams have not played the same amount of games. Which is a DC thing, not a CL thing. One would assume it will all work out.



avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by hanallalone on 11/16/2015, 6:20 pm

Ugh... CL needs to play games ASAP or allow teams to forefeit obvious losses... This weekend is a perfect time to play games that can't be played Wed night...
avatar
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by CCM on 11/16/2015, 6:22 pm

hanallalone wrote:The 03's are all but decided, and the league NEEDS TO set the schedule asap...  The DC bid should be very interesting considering that 4 of these teams SHOULD represent TX, not 1-2...  We are the top seed, but I feel for the others because they DESERVE it...  That tourney is indescribable!

We played in the DC last year. "Indescribable" is one word for it. Wink

When your charged with hosting teams, running them back and forth to their team events, feed them, etc all while trying to keep your child in school on days they don't play, make it to your day job, etc. Yes. Indescribable.

It was a good experience overall. But very hectic to play 3 whole games and be knocked out. Lol.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 335
Join date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by hanallalone on 11/16/2015, 6:28 pm

Good Lord, I hope we just PLAY and don't have to HOST; we are not from Dallas! However, I do think we may have a chance to play more than 3 games (with a little luck)... Let's just hope that CL does not drop the ball between now and then; who knows how things will end up....
avatar
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by CCM on 11/16/2015, 6:30 pm

Yeah. All local teams get to enjoy that extra fun/obligation.

Btw; I had pnuemonia during that week too. Lol

Luckily, (for a price $) other families were able to host for my family.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 335
Join date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by winkipop77 on 11/16/2015, 6:31 pm

Hey lets stay focused here. This threads about Liverpool.

Question:  If this weekend featured a Liverpool tournament instead of a Dallas Texans one would CL be more likely to use this weekend to reschedule some of the rained out games?  (My gut says yes)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 166
Join date : 2013-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by CCM on 11/16/2015, 6:35 pm

winkipop77 wrote:Hey lets stay focused here. This threads about Liverpool.

Question:  If this weekend featured a Liverpool tournament instead of a Dallas Texans one would CL be more likely to use this weekend to reschedule some of the rained out games?  (My gut says yes)

Focused. My team is Liverpool. And the focus was management. Not rescheduling. Very Happy

BTW: I wouldn't consider us from Dallas either.  We're mainly Arlington/Mansfield and driving those kids back and forth was a good 45min each way.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 335
Join date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by winkipop77 on 11/16/2015, 7:10 pm

True. And that was actually more a jab at DT and the favoritism they seem to enjoy from CL than it was at LP. Everything will work out for who gets to represent in the DC I am sure.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 166
Join date : 2013-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by CCM on 11/16/2015, 7:55 pm

winkipop77 wrote:True.  And that was actually more a jab at DT and the favoritism they seem to enjoy from CL than it was at LP.  Everything will work out for who gets to represent in the DC I am sure.

I agree about CL. Of course, in our case...Favoritism within LP itself is much of what I have a problem with...

As far as teams that deserve DC making it into DC...I can only go by what I saw last year. An FCDallas team that did not qualify and was not even mid-pack in D1 got an invite "somehow". Rolling Eyes

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 335
Join date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 11/16/2015, 8:08 pm

CCM wrote:
winkipop77 wrote:True.  And that was actually more a jab at DT and the favoritism they seem to enjoy from CL than it was at LP.  Everything will work out for who gets to represent in the DC I am sure.

I agree about CL.  Of course, in our case...Favoritism within LP itself is much of what I have a problem with...

As far as teams that deserve DC making it into DC...I can only go by what I saw last year.  An FCDallas team that did not qualify and was not even mid-pack in D1 got an invite "somehow".  Rolling Eyes

Mr. CCM,
That FC Dallas team got in "somehow", because their club hosted the Dallas Cup. The parents not only have to "volunteer" their houses, hosting these foreign kids. They also had to pull tournament duties.
avatar
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Join date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by CCM on 11/16/2015, 8:28 pm

Yep. That is the "somehow" I speak of....But if you ask me, it seemed more like everyone in Dallas "Hosted" the Dallas Cup.

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 335
Join date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by winkipop77 on 11/16/2015, 9:22 pm

I suspect the "somehow" may not be as likely this year.  Does anyone know what fields will be used this year vs. last year?

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 166
Join date : 2013-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by GrimReaperD on 11/16/2015, 10:29 pm

winkipop77 wrote:I suspect the "somehow" may not be as likely this year.  Does anyone know what fields will be used this year vs. last year?

FCD will be in DC, you can count on it. Politics and connections over skills, development, and talent in NTX, not even a question. Taking bets at 10:1 odds, takers?

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/16/2015, 11:56 pm

hanallalone wrote:Good Lord, I hope we just PLAY and don't have to HOST; we are not from Dallas!  However, I do think we may have a chance to play more than 3 games (with a little luck)...  Let's just hope that CL does not drop the ball between now and then; who knows how things will end up....

There is no realistic scenario where Odyssey is somehow bilked out of first place in the first part of the season just because they haven't played Woodberry yet. The real test is between Castro and Pino because they are only separated by goal difference. Odyssey won the CL DC qualifying position fair and square and will be going to the DC.

Last Year Odssey would have gotten 2nd in CL if the games hadn't been canceled.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by Number13 on 11/17/2015, 7:35 am

GrimReaperD wrote:
winkipop77 wrote:I suspect the "somehow" may not be as likely this year.  Does anyone know what fields will be used this year vs. last year?

FCD will be in DC, you can count on it.  Politics and connections over skills, development, and talent in NTX, not even a question.  Taking bets at 10:1 odds, takers?

FCD 03 is going to be in it. They are going to be 2nd at worse in CL after 9 games, which is the first alternate spot and since there was no Ken Smith tourney to award a bid...that should do it, right? Also would guess are heavy favorites to win Texans Fall Classic this weekend and get auto bid.

fwiw, the tourney website shows Richland, Cotton Bowl, and MoneyGram as fields. I'm assuming for 2016.

Also pretty sure everybody has to host. Which is a big frown. Hopefully there is a buyout option.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/17/2015, 9:02 am

Number13 wrote:
GrimReaperD wrote:
winkipop77 wrote:I suspect the "somehow" may not be as likely this year.  Does anyone know what fields will be used this year vs. last year?

FCD will be in DC, you can count on it.  Politics and connections over skills, development, and talent in NTX, not even a question.  Taking bets at 10:1 odds, takers?

FCD 03 is going to be in it.  They are going to be 2nd at worse in CL after 9 games, which is the first alternate spot and since there was no Ken Smith tourney to award a bid...that should do it, right?    Also would guess are heavy favorites to win Texans Fall Classic this weekend and get auto bid.  

fwiw, the tourney website shows Richland, Cotton Bowl, and MoneyGram as fields.   I'm assuming for 2016.  

Also pretty sure everybody has to host.  Which is a big frown.  Hopefully there is a buyout option.  

If FCDP gets the win at Fall Festival then Ken Smith should be awarded to Castro which sounds like a pretty fair deal because Pino and Castro tied on points. Hopefully the stars will align and we will get to see the Top 3 CL teams in DC.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/17/2015, 9:07 am

CCM wrote:
winkipop77 wrote:True.  And that was actually more a jab at DT and the favoritism they seem to enjoy from CL than it was at LP.  Everything will work out for who gets to represent in the DC I am sure.

I agree about CL.  Of course, in our case...Favoritism within LP itself is much of what I have a problem with...

As far as teams that deserve DC making it into DC...I can only go by what I saw last year.  An FCDallas team that did not qualify and was not even mid-pack in D1 got an invite "somehow".  Rolling Eyes

I think the DC favoritism has shifted to FC Dallas now that they are the hosting club for the tournament. CL favoritism isn't going to end for the Texans because they have an overwhelming number of teams in CL.

That's not to say that they are invincible, but as long as they continue to bring in the kids they will reign supreme in the favoritism category.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by winkipop77 on 11/17/2015, 9:08 am

The best teams will go.  The "somehow" refers to the alleged "favoritism" that may or may not have happened last year.  I suspect if there is any of that, it will not involve FCD, as rumor has it Toyota will not be used.  Something about FCD wanting too much $ for utilization of the complex, and conflicts with sponsors.  Not sure if it involves MoneyGram as well, and plus things could still get worked out, who knows.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 166
Join date : 2013-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by hanallalone on 11/17/2015, 9:12 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Number13 wrote:
GrimReaperD wrote:
winkipop77 wrote:I suspect the "somehow" may not be as likely this year.  Does anyone know what fields will be used this year vs. last year?

FCD will be in DC, you can count on it.  Politics and connections over skills, development, and talent in NTX, not even a question.  Taking bets at 10:1 odds, takers?

FCD 03 is going to be in it.  They are going to be 2nd at worse in CL after 9 games, which is the first alternate spot and since there was no Ken Smith tourney to award a bid...that should do it, right?    Also would guess are heavy favorites to win Texans Fall Classic this weekend and get auto bid.  

fwiw, the tourney website shows Richland, Cotton Bowl, and MoneyGram as fields.   I'm assuming for 2016.  

Also pretty sure everybody has to host.  Which is a big frown.  Hopefully there is a buyout option.  

If FCDP gets the win at Fall Festival then Ken Smith should be awarded to Castro which sounds like a pretty fair deal because Pino and Castro tied on points. Hopefully the stars will align and we will get to see the Top 3 CL teams in DC.

I agree... Both teams participating would better represent NTX Soccer in the tourney, but if just one is allowed then FCD is the obvious choice of those 2...
avatar
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by winkipop77 on 11/17/2015, 9:14 am

FCD actually has more teams in CL this year than DT.  45 vs. 35.  FCD is actually the only one of the 6 majors that grew the number of teams in CL year over year.  DT steady at 35, FCD up from 42.  Hammers of course not included in that number because they show up completely separate in Got Soccer.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 166
Join date : 2013-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by GrimReaperD on 11/17/2015, 1:52 pm

Speaking of DC, Castro will be playing his PA group (less a couple of players that cannot do it because of age limitations) in the 03 age group next weekend to qualify for DC. Pretty certain they will win and qualify, so that will be the team to watch out for representing Texas in the DC, no the top teams out of CL.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by Number13 on 11/17/2015, 2:16 pm

GrimReaperD wrote: Pretty certain they will win and qualify, so that will be the team to watch out for representing Texas in the DC, no the top teams out of CL.

Perhaps.  If FCD brought the 03 Age eligible kids who are only playing PA, might be interesting.   Or maybe not.   But sure, Castro has been the strongest 03 team for a while now, seemed to be planning for this and State Cup with PPL team, and would probably enjoy being the favorites for a change.  

Will be kind of odd if the 02 PA team qualifies this coming weekend and the 03 PA group next weekend.  And the CL team.   Should be a hoot.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/17/2015, 9:54 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:Speaking of DC, Castro will be playing his PA group (less a couple of players that cannot do it because of age limitations) in the 03 age group next weekend to qualify for DC.  Pretty certain they will win and qualify, so that will be the team to watch out for representing Texas in the DC, no the top teams out of CL.

What are you talking about? Castro's TEPAL PA team is only in 2nd place in the GotSoccer rankings so they are no longer even a consideration. Evil or Very Mad

They wouldn't stand a chance against that new U14 PPL team anyways!

BTW, what tournament did you say they are going to be at? (I think I need to get a refund ASAP) cheers
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum