Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/5/2015, 4:14 pm

I just had the most interesting conversation with the Liverpool DOC and found out why LFCA is in a quagmire. I think that LFCA is not a cohesive club and is actually a scattered group of little fiefdoms run by a DOC who is more interested in describing his personal accomplishments than that of his players.

I suggested that they pick players from all the teams within the club such as Alonso, Hunt, etc. so they could to fill their PA roster with the best cross section of players the club has to offer for their SCPL PA team and got nothing but an angry response and a shouting session from an egomaniac.

I am a big fan of NTX soccer and now I am glad to have the chance to listen to what other parents must be confronting when they ask questions so I am going to do my best to expose who is doing what and why because all NTX players deserve better than that and it's high time that the parents use their soccer dollars to support the clubs that really care about what is best for the players.

So far I have to give Liverpool's Management a big fat D (and I don't mean Dallas).
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Re: LFCA management needs to improve ASAP

Post by finish1 on 11/5/2015, 4:24 pm

Shots fired! (And I don't mean pks).
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/5/2015, 4:39 pm

It is time for some transparency at Liverpool, but I would caution any parent who wants to question their methods because it is crystal clear that the DOC is the boss man and he will rattle your cage if you don't tow his line of thought.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 11/5/2015, 4:50 pm

This goes for all of the bigger clubs. Making suggestions to a coach is something that encourages all kinds craziness. There is little transparency anywhere. Manager says one thing, coach says another, and multiple parents with multiple points of view say the rest. Not sure who this DOC is but it sounds like they could be at any other club.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 11/5/2015, 5:07 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:It is time for some transparency at Liverpool, but I would caution any parent who wants to question their methods because it is crystal clear that the DOC is the boss man and he will rattle your cage if you don't tow his line of thought.

I know nothing about anything that goes on Liverpool but not sure you would get a much different reaction if you went up to the DOC of any club ( particularly one your son does not play for) and suggested who he should put on his PA team.

But interesting post none the less.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 11/5/2015, 5:12 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:I just had the most interesting conversation with the Liverpool DOC and found out why LFCA is in a quagmire. I think that LFCA is not a cohesive club and is actually a scattered group of little fiefdoms run by a DOC who is more interested in describing his personal accomplishments than that of his players.

I suggested that they pick players from all the teams within the club such as Alonso, Hunt, etc. so they could to fill their PA roster with the best cross section of players the club has to offer for their SCPL PA team and got nothing but an angry response and a shouting session from an egomaniac.

I am a big fan of NTX soccer and now I am glad to have the chance to listen to what other parents must be confronting when they ask questions so I am going to do my best to expose who is doing what and why because all NTX players deserve better than that and it's high time that the parents use their soccer dollars to support the clubs that really care about what is best for the players.

So far I have to give Liverpool's Management a big fat D (and I don't mean Dallas).

Here, I'll just repost it in your new thread for you;

If LP wants a chance, the first thing they need to do is realize that neither Trevino or Palaez know what they're doing. They talk a big game, but their system does not work, and all their teams have the same trends, for the most part. Hate to say it, but it is what it is. And next year they'll have 3 D1 teams in CL......who cares really? Big changes coming anyhow.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/5/2015, 5:28 pm

Sprint wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:It is time for some transparency at Liverpool, but I would caution any parent who wants to question their methods because it is crystal clear that the DOC is the boss man and he will rattle your cage if you don't tow his line of thought.

I know nothing about anything that goes on Liverpool but not sure you would get a much different reaction if you went up to the DOC of any club ( particularly one your son does not play for) and suggested who he should put on his PA team.

But interesting post none the less.  

We spend a lot of time talking about why teams and clubs fail and how we can help to improve our BB's chance for success and then we shrug our shoulders and accept when a club doesn't adhere to its own policies and just fills you up with empty platitudes like "wait till next year" or it doesn't matter if you win, develop, or challenge your skill in competitive leagues because as long as you stay with us we will get you to college.

I am just naive enough about the intentions of adults being good towards our payers (I mean players) so I decided to test the waters and see if there was any truth to the complaints about LIVERPOOL and WOW it only took a minute for the sparks to fly. I definitely believe that LFCA loves our BB$ and our DD$, but now I know just how much that is.

I asked the DOC to give every LFCA player a chance to tryout for the PA team so that doesn't fall under the category of telling him what to do, but hey what the heck LFCA "Give all your players a chance to represent your club in NPL" there....now I told him what to do. cheers
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/5/2015, 5:39 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:I just had the most interesting conversation with the Liverpool DOC and found out why LFCA is in a quagmire. I think that LFCA is not a cohesive club and is actually a scattered group of little fiefdoms run by a DOC who is more interested in describing his personal accomplishments than that of his players.

Here, I'll just repost it in your new thread for you;

If LP wants a chance, the first thing they need to do is realize that neither Trevino or Palaez know what they're doing. They talk a big game, but their system does not work, and all their teams have the same trends, for the most part. Hate to say it, but it is what it is. And next year they'll have 3 D1 teams in CL......who cares really? Big changes coming anyhow.

I gotta tell you it was this post that you made earlier that sparked my interest because we have lot's of soccer friends at Liverpool and I had NO IDEA that the nice kids with the cool flag and Liverpool affilliation were being run by a DOC that let's just say .... wasn't too cordial when asked a simple question.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/5/2015, 5:48 pm

ballwork wrote:This goes for all of the bigger clubs.  Making suggestions to a coach is something that encourages all kinds craziness.  There is little transparency anywhere.  Manager says one thing, coach says another, and multiple parents with multiple points of view say the rest.  Not sure who this DOC is but it sounds like they could be at any other club.

Yes I hear what you are saying, but asking a DOC to live up to the clubs stated policy is not exactly pushing the envelope unless of course the DOC is an Egomaniac that rules without transparency. Frankly that is not what I would expected to find at Liverpool, but confirmation has been made and MAN WAS I WRONG.

If you DOC is anything like the Liverpool DOC I would suggest you take them down a peg by sending your Dollars elsewhere.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 11/5/2015, 6:11 pm

Wanna change something at one of the local clubs? Show up with a large check ($$). Otherwise, you're just another in a long line of complaining parents who isn't actually ready to do anything concrete to effectuate change.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/5/2015, 6:17 pm

DragonStryker wrote:Wanna change something at one of the local clubs?  Show up with a large check ($$). Otherwise, you're just another in a long line of complaining parents who isn't actually ready to do anything concrete to effectuate change.

You mean 3000 dollars per player per year is chump change?
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by robben on 11/5/2015, 6:26 pm

liverpool is a nightmare from inside and a joke from outside.
robben
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker on 11/5/2015, 6:27 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:Wanna change something at one of the local clubs?  Show up with a large check ($$). Otherwise, you're just another in a long line of complaining parents who isn't actually ready to do anything concrete to effectuate change.

You mean 3000 dollars per player per year is chump change?

Absolutely, you're just another parent paying for a service.

Bring a meaningful amount of money relative to the clubs overall budget, I'd wager you'd have some influence.

Similarly, scholarship an entire team, willing to bet the coach follows your philosophy to the letter. If he doesn't, he'd be simple to replace.
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 11/5/2015, 6:58 pm

Don't agree with the above when it comes to LP and their DOC unfortunately. He is extremely arrogant as PLF says, and for some reason he has the owner's trust. Not sure why that is, he's had one decent team in all these years and it had nothing to do with him. Money will not change a thing if the DOC remains and is allowed to implement his ways. The owner has money and can do what he wants when it all comes down to it, but he's not about quality, he just wants more $$$ coming in, period.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/6/2015, 5:35 am

After doing some more digging it appears that the PA team consists of Mostly Trevino players (LFCA Rush) with a few from Owens and a few from Toshack so I guess Alonso and Hunt weren't even considered in the selection process and yet Hunt is ranked highest of the LFCA teams in D1 and Alonso is Currently at the top of the Table in D2.

LFCA's DOC needs to explain to the club how these two teams were totally overlooked since their exclusion is obviously a red flag as far as I am concerned. What is even more interesting is if they missed these two teams than you can be sure that other potentially talented "individual standouts" from the other teams were not even in the running.

The great thing about facts is that they usually lead you to the truth, but frankly I don't like where these facts are leading me to at the moment. LFCA is an organization that hails tradition and integrity as the basis of its existence and has a storied history that allows them access to great players and parents who believe in what that means and who expect the club to live up to those standards at all times.

I will continue to search through the facts and maybe we can get some transparency from the DOC so we can give every LFCA player an equal opportunity to represent the club. I still think an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure so hopefully the DOC gets off his chair and makes an honest effort, because NPL starts this Saturday and the way I see it the #6 CL team (LFCA Rush) isn't going to beat the #1 team (Odyssey) in CL or NPL any time soon, but a combined team of LFCA's top players will definitely be a competitor.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 11/6/2015, 8:43 am

We left a couple of years ago due to lack of development. The system is broken and has been since the merger of TFC. I also noticed all the coaches that were worth their salt leaving to find a better system to work with. The only coach I see that was doing any type of development was Dru but his team got disseminated after their 03's dropped down to D2. In addition, the families are forced to do fund raisers for the club and those funds don't go directly to their team but rather to a pot used by the club to furnish coaches uniforms, Coaching retreats (boondoggles) and Tim's team to go to Europe. Liverpool is just a money grab and has asked for a premium for nothing in return except a brand that has been established across the pond. It is also interesting to see a third of my son's present team is made up of ex Liverpool players that felt the same way we did about the club.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 11/6/2015, 8:50 am

Any of the decent coaches that make their way through LP end up either leaving, or their teams become club outcasts.  This happens because they don't agree with the DOC's ways.  Along with Trevino they have been doing it their way which has not worked, yet they continue to shove it down coaches and team's throats.  Hunt is a good example.  Their coach will not give in and does things his way, which is better for the team, not so good politically within the club, so you get treated like a step child.  Eventually the coaches that have half a clue end up leaving.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hotmale1 on 11/6/2015, 9:06 am

Lp is a joke. My son has played for the club since he was 5. The management- Brody, Lane are a joke. Integrity should be removed from the list of qualities. The fundraisers go right to both their pockets. I've never seen any of the crap they talk about that is suppose to be for the player. They nickel and dime you to death and when problems arise in the club( coach sending out player info to other teams because he is mad at players on the team his son was on) it gets swept under the rug.. Integrity??BS

hotmale1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by protayus on 11/6/2015, 9:13 am

I'm not sure I've seen more misinformation in one thread.

Last edited by protayus on 11/6/2015, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

protayus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 11/6/2015, 9:34 am

Come on now Tim. You've been around long enough to have seen more misinformation in other threads. You should read some of the stuff Farley et al posted in the 04 forum a few years ago.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 11/6/2015, 9:42 am

debit wrote:Come on now Tim.  You've been around long enough to have seen more misinformation in other threads.  You should read some of the stuff Farley et al posted in the 04 forum a few years ago.
Is it really misinformation or perception? If your selling a product or service and you get these types of comments, you should listen to the customer. Especially when you charge over $3000 per head. Look at how many kids and coaches left since the merger. Adding rec teams to fill the Plano Premier League is not the answer and not sustainable.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 11/6/2015, 9:45 am

@hotmale1, totally agree.  The soccer operations are pretty bad, but the back office management is even worse.  It would be interesting to see someone blow the whistle on their fundraisers.  I'd like to see LP explain how they aren't illegal under Texas law.  LP is a for-profit company which means you can't legally run a fundraiser.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 11/6/2015, 9:50 am

@frequent, I totally agree with you. My earlier comment was poorly written. I think there is a lot of accuracy in this thread. LP was a mess before the TFC merger and even worse afterwards. But, hey, one of PB's goals was acquiring a practice facility in Plano and another stated goal is to be the biggest club in Texas so the merger was successful from those two standpoints. Quantity over quality.

Their operation of NPL ever since gaining entry into SCPL has been a joke. Heck, the first year, they ended up forfeiting all their games despite having scores of kids paying an extra $300 for the extra training and games. Complete lack of organizational leadership.

Anyone remember the snow tournament with "weather insurance" from a few years back Embarassed

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CCM on 11/6/2015, 9:55 am

I have stated my opinion on this subject numerous times and after being called a whiner all too many times, I have finally decided to just sit back and watch.  It's interesting to see others in other age groups bringing up the same issues and feelings.  Enjoy!

"Their operation of NPL ever since gaining entry into SCPL has been a joke. Heck, the first year, they ended up forfeiting all their games despite having scores of kids paying an extra $300 for the extra training and games. Complete lack of organizational leadership."   -  

Ding Ding Ding  See 02' thread for even more on this subject....NPL is definitely a joke in LP.

"  Post by debit Today at 11:45 am
@hotmale1, totally agree.  The soccer operations are pretty bad, but the back office management is even worse.  It would be interesting to see someone blow the whistle on their fundraisers.  I'd like to see LP explain how they aren't illegal under Texas law.  LP is a for-profit company which means you can't legally run a fundraiser."

Don't forget they are "Mandatory" fundraiser(s) (x2 per yr) too...Must contribute a minimum $$ regardless of participation. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by CCM on 11/6/2015, 11:46 am; edited 3 times in total

CCM
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 11/6/2015, 10:06 am

frequent flyer wrote:
debit wrote:Come on now Tim.  You've been around long enough to have seen more misinformation in other threads.  You should read some of the stuff Farley et al posted in the 04 forum a few years ago.
Is it really misinformation or perception?  If your selling a product or service and you get these types of comments, you should listen to the customer. Especially when you charge over $3000 per head. Look at how many kids and coaches left since the merger.  Adding rec teams to fill the Plano Premier League is not the answer and not sustainable.

As can be seen in these posts above, I am not the only person to try to give LFCA good advice. Maybe it's time for LFCA to wake up and see that this issue is a Club Problem. From all the PM's I have received it is clear to me that many people have been trying to get through to upper management without success.

There is no greater disconnect than to attempt to tear down dissent through ridicule instead of taking the time to listen to what people have to say. I experienced that type of behavior first hand when I attempted to have an intelligent conversation with the LFCA DOC.

It is a top level management problem when the DOC makes sure to put his phone on speaker so others in the room can hear how he "takes care of business".

Now is "NOT" the time for excuses at LFCA anymore, when you get caught displaying bad behavior, now is the time for someone higher up than the DOC to take "ACTION".

When parents and players are belittled for asking questions or having the "Audacity" to inquire about policy and their only response comes in the form of an intimidating phone call with the DOC who "Yells" over them, then "YES" their perception is in all actuality "Reality".

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 11/6/2015, 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: