Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D1 CL 03B

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by GrimReaperD on 10/12/2015, 11:43 pm

C'mon Solo, don't get too excited now, please. The strongest team by a wide margin.....c'mon now lets not get ahead of ourselves. As much as it pains me to say it and repeat it, FCD is the top team and will win, and play long ball or whatever it takes to do so. Is it the best soccer, certainly not, but by Texas standards, they are the best team. Big Tex and three of his kin are part of their back line and scoring on them will be tough to do for most, and if you try too hard, they will counter long and fast. Odyssey has very good athletes on that team and along with the raspy whip have been a top team for a couple years now, but he is too one dimensional and it is catching up to him. Time to give the dog a bone. It's getting easier to defend against them. They should still finish 2nd, but careful or 3rd/4th is not out of the question. But the best by a wide margin.........don't think so.......but if it was the case.....perhaps PLF would still be there.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/13/2015, 7:08 am

Will Odyssey win out?  Who knows...  Should they?  In my opinion, when a team has possession on their opponents end for most of the game, they should win (however, that has not always been the case)...  Should be interesting...  I think that the "one dimensional" guy is still experimenting with personnel groups, and I can assure you that when he has the right combination out there that scoring is not a problem...  On another note,  I WAS a little excited during my last post and up way past my bedtime watching MNF (so good call on that)...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/13/2015, 8:18 am

well...at the end of the day, you are your record.

Outplaying, outshooting, outpossessing is just a footnote.   If you shoot 20 times and the other team two times, and nobody scores.  You get 1 point.  Move on.   Scoreboard.  

End of the day the teams who are trying to win the games, first and foremost, are going to win more of the games.   I said all along that FCD would win the league.  They don't seem dominant, but they seem to have a better ability to score/deny goals than anybody else.    Hard to imagine they will not be first at the "break" or whatever.  

It's amusing to hear BB's team described as "good athletes", though they have possibly the best single athlete in the league.   Would describe them largely as slowish tiny kids who play a lot of soccer.    It seems like they have been a top team for longer than a couple of years.  

I tend to record the games...and keep track of stuff.   By most objective measures....I'd say BBs team has largely controlled things for all but the 2nd half of the FCD PLD game.   Which, well...if two of the top kids aren't playing, we aren't quite as good.  But either way, that guarantees nothing.    Witness 0-2 vs Bates last year.   But it looks ok at times.  If it looks ok...and you don't win...should you be mad or happy?    

It varies.    Everybody would prefer to win.   But frankly, winning or not winning doesn't make BB any better or any worse at soccer.  It just is.   Maybe I would attach more self-worth to winning if we won more frequently.   Its the same reason I say looks aren't important  Very Happy

The BeerMe standings seem very plausible.

Carry on.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 10/13/2015, 10:41 am

@GrimReaperD Is it the best soccer, certainly not, but by Texas standards, they are the best team. Big Tex and three of his kin are part of their back line and scoring on them will be tough to do for most, and if you try too hard, they will counter long and fast.

I think that sums it up for FCDP and is the main reason why FCDP will get into trouble again (like in PLD) if they try to challenge Odyssey straight up but I don't think they will take a chance and will stick to a direct style of play this weekend.

Like it or not, Odyssey is the best possession style team in CL hands down. They are a technically brilliant team that knows how to possess the ball and control the game. Each player takes responsibility to heart when carrying the ball and they are the most effective team moving into the attacking third. They have an excellent defense that can defend well against a direct style attack.

Achilles Heel?
Odyssey cannot stand to make a simple goal, it is against their DNA and the one weakness that the hardened defensive players will try to exploit.

On the flip side if you can't prevent the combine it is going in 100 percent of the time. Odyssey knows how to force the GK into the near post for a far post combine better than anyone. That is the main Reason that Hunt, Castro and Pino put the hurt on the forwards as long as possible to keep them from clicking or getting into a scoring groove.

Solar Gold, FCDP and Hunt play a very direct style and the Monday game against Castro was very telling about each team's ability and could be summed up with "Move the ball forward, get it to the Forwards". Not beautiful, extremely physical, but highly effective for scoring goals

The Castro Gold team runs the script very well and I expect the addition of DP's to his team will only enhance their attack and narrow the tiny gap that existed between them and FCDP last Monday. My biggest takeaway was the level of composure they showed after the game which reminds me why you don't want to pick a fight with the quiet ones. Of course the Parents are full on ready to rumble and they are definitely a top 5 group of supporters which keeps the pressure up in a heated contest.

Stricker and Adames fall into the possession/direct style camp but are mostly possession oriented teams. Stricker is more effective, more predictable and as Hunt found out more dangerous at the end as they quietly and unassumingly penetrate the defense and catch you looking.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by robben on 10/13/2015, 10:55 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:@GrimReaperD Is it the best soccer, certainly not, but by Texas standards, they are the best team. Big Tex and three of his kin are part of their back line and scoring on them will be tough to do for most, and if you try too hard, they will counter long and fast.

I think that sums it up for FCDP and is the main reason why FCDP will get into trouble again (like in PLD) if they try to challenge Odyssey straight up but I don't think they will take a chance and will stick to a direct style of play this weekend.

Like it or not, Odyssey is the best possession style team in CL hands down. They are a technically brilliant team that knows how to possess the ball and control the game. Each player takes responsibility to heart when carrying the ball and they are the most effective team moving into the attacking third. They have an excellent defense that can defend well against a direct style attack.

Achilles Heel?
Odyssey cannot stand to make a simple goal, it is against their DNA and the one weakness that the hardened defensive players will try to exploit.

On the flip side if you can't prevent the combine it is going in 100 percent of the time. Odyssey knows how to force the GK into the near post for a far post combine better than anyone. That is the main Reason that Hunt, Castro and Pino put the hurt on the forwards as long as possible to keep them from clicking or getting into a scoring groove.

Solar Gold, FCDP and Hunt play a very direct style and the Monday game against Castro was very telling about each team's ability and could be summed up with "Move the ball forward, get it to the Forwards". Not beautiful, extremely physical, but highly effective for scoring goals

The Castro Gold team runs the script very well and I expect the addition of DP's to his team will only enhance their attack and narrow the tiny gap that existed between them and FCDP last Monday. My biggest takeaway was the level of composure they showed after the game which reminds me why you don't want to pick a fight with the quiet ones. Of course the Parents are full on ready to rumble and they are definitely a top 5 group of supporters which keeps the pressure up in a heated contest.

Stricker and Adames fall into the possession/direct style camp but are mostly possession oriented teams. Stricker is more effective, more predictable and as Hunt found out more dangerous at the end as they quietly and unassumingly penetrate the defense and catch you looking.

DP's?
robben
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/13/2015, 11:08 am

robben wrote:

DP's?

Diego's players?  

Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 10/13/2015, 11:54 am

DP's are Developmental Players, (Some are Dual Rostered) from Pre Academy (TEPAL/SCPL). A player who is in PA, but is not an FT (for whatever reason) is capable of getting additional playing time in CL if the Coach Dual Rosters them. If Diego unleashes a few of his good DP's he can shore up any weak spots or boost his strength off the bench. It's the same for FCDP who Dual Rosters some of their PA Players. Odyssey doesn't have a need to dual roster DP's because most of the Odyssey players are FT's (Full Rostered) on their PA team in SCPL. Same goes for Trevino who has a team full of FT's in SCPL, but has not had the same benefits from their FT's as the other teams.

TEPAL and SCPL Pre Academy teams are both in the NPL (National Premier League) and league winners play each other at Regionals.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 10/13/2015, 12:55 pm

I do pull for Odyssey and like that team very much, for what it's worth. Anybody that can compete against FCD and the Texans, and to a lesser extent Solar, without the huge pool to draw from, is A-OK in my book.

Must say this one made me crack up, "Of course the Parents are full on ready to rumble and they are definitely a top 5 group of supporters which keeps the pressure up in a heated contest." Maybe we should come up with the top ten list for parents, comments inclusive. I would say the team with the crazy ones combined with the hot moms should top the list. Number 13's votes we will not count for much since he doesn't care about looks.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/13/2015, 1:36 pm

What I meant is that my looks aren't important.   Find my Iphone confirms that my wife is at the gym right now on her mandatory 2 hour daily workout.   Otherwise the allowance gets cut. But counting my votes for little, in any contest, seems like a pretty solid plan.  

My favorite opposing parent so far this year was the Mom yelling "Jumping Jeeezus" at her son during the Solar Gold game when he did something she was not in favor of.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks on 10/13/2015, 3:36 pm

Was Marcio replaced by Craft? Looks like it per the Texans '03 boys gotsoccer page.

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/13/2015, 3:52 pm

I saw that... He was there on Saturday, but who knows what could be going on...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 10/13/2015, 4:06 pm

They play tomorrow night against LP Hunt so guess will see who is in the control seat

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txguitguy on 10/13/2015, 4:25 pm

Maybe more of a swap. Look at Craft's D2 01's coach.
txguitguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 10/13/2015, 5:21 pm

The swap is in and confirmed...The Parents and Manager of Marcio's 03B team got together and appealed to the Dark Lord to Swap him out. All in all it's a better deal for everyone, especially Marcio and I think that HN made a good decision in this particular situation.

Coach Craft is an excellent replacement from the club and he is a reasonable olive branch to these BB's for having to endure a coach that wasn't a good fit. Win or lose they should have a better season from a development perspective and perhaps a little more "team harmony" will translate into some better results on the pitch.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 10/13/2015, 8:31 pm

Texans have given up on 03s, focus will be on 03 birth years to fit in with Hassan's current 04 team, when going age pure next year.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/14/2015, 4:24 am

That's almost too sad to believe, but doesn't seem too far off base considering all factors involved... Holy Selfish Moves Batman; that's a Dick Dastardly trick... I can almost hear Muttley laugh!
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/14/2015, 4:31 am

Is Sal's team mostly 02 birth years? He has something to build on (in my opinion)...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 10/14/2015, 8:47 am

The Texans and FCD don't "build" on anything. If they don't have the top team or the potential to steal top kids, they move on, unless you are talking about the lower divisions, or shall we say, cash cows.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/14/2015, 9:26 am

The 02/03 age certainly seems to be a "lull" for the Texans.  A combined 2-17-1 in D1 CL at U13 & U14.   Looks to have a weaker U13 PA team.   I guess I'd attribute it to Castro and to a lesser extent Thornber leaving, add in Marcio effects and you eventually have WAY more teams than you have strong kids.  

The U14DA team looks to be strong.  The U12 CL d1 team is strong.  The U11 CL d1 team is strong.   Would imagine Hassan won't be giving those teams to anybody who might go somewhere else.  

Even in the best circumstances, it will be tough to keep up with FCD.  
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 10/16/2015, 4:55 pm

This Saturday is going to be interesting for two teams and less challenging for the third team who will hopefully use it to work on their possession and control game instead of their direct style which won't be necessary and will result in an outlandish scoring display.

Stricker wins if they stick to their strengths

Castro wins (no double digits.... please)

FCDP vs Odyssey too close to call (GrimReaperD will call it)

Wednesday Games
I am Glad to See Trevino showing signs of life
Hunt wants a top 5 finish and is right on track
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 10/17/2015, 1:29 pm

Stricker 1 Adames 1
FCDP 0 Paddy 3
Castro ? Woody ?

OMG, Paddy got in the groove and jumped to 2nd in the Table and FCDP had a rough day and got beaten up by Odyssey's stronger midfield. Some days a diamond Some Days a stone.

Adames pulled off a big upset and almost got a win. Stricker needs to figure out what went wrong ASAP.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/17/2015, 3:56 pm

Missed the DTS vs Solar game, but not surprised that Sal's team played well... They are a quality side, and under the right circumstances can surprise just about anyone overlooking them... Was their goal on a set piece? Still think they have a great free kick setup...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 10/17/2015, 5:45 pm

FCD clearly not the same team without the PA players. Even with a couple of them they may be average at best. They may take out their rage on Stricker next week assuming they all show up.

Game I'm interested in is the battle of the Pools'.....should be a good one with lots of parent filled tension in the air.

I think I'm going to take a screen shot of the standings, and email them to the Iranian Madman, positions 8, 9, 10 in CL Div. 1....they sure develop them from the young ages don't they.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 10/17/2015, 7:47 pm

Agree that FCD is different without some of the key PA guys, but still a quality side either way...  Odyssey played well today, and actually pumped the brakes for a while during the match which gave FCD a bit of possession time that they did not have much of prior to the tactical change...  Definitely possible that PA keeper stops one of the 3 goals (because he is VERY good), but other 2 were of the "unstoppable" variety for U-13 keepers (so the FCD keeper should not carry the responsibility alone)...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 10/17/2015, 8:00 pm

DTS had at least a Yellow and a Red. They did a solid job of holding on. Constant pressure on both ends. Could have been Solar's game multiple times and they should be a bit disappointed.

Castro took it easy on a very weak Woodbury side on the adjacent field.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 10/17/2015, 9:41 pm

ballwork wrote:
Castro took it easy on a very weak Woodbury side on the adjacent field.  

They got points for their future goal differential challenge and then they left it at 7. They did what they needed to do and nothing more, because a full run for 70 minutes would have been way more than 7.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum