Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PLD 03B

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PLD 03B

Post by backflip on 9/9/2015, 8:00 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Bsdad wrote:DT Dallas only has two boys from last years team. It will be interesting to see how they fair in CL this year.
Marcio needs to build his team up and consider the amount of stress these new players are under in the division 1 pressure cooker.

Marcio needs to apologize to the player he berated this weekend or maybe it's time for Hassan to give Marcio the boot.

Words cannot express how pathetic it is to hear a grown man and a successful coach treat a player with such disrespect and I am not going to be quiet about it until Marcio changes.

12 year old boys who have sacrificed to play club soccer are to be treated with the respect they deserve and have earned regardless of their win/loss ratio.

How did that apology go?

backflip
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/9/2015, 8:20 pm

Hope springs eternal, I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I was hoping that Marcio would consider the offer in the spirit it was given.

Let's see how the game plays out on Saturday and maybe we will see a version of Marcio that encourages his players. (I know you think I am crazy to believe he could adapt)
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 on 9/10/2015, 7:03 am

They knew EXACTLY who marcio was before they signed up. They should apologize to marcio for damaging his new shoes with their a$$. And I believe its "thank you sir may I have another"
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5602 on 9/10/2015, 4:40 pm

PremierLeagueFan,

You obviously have issues with Marcio. We heard you and I think you have worn out your complaint. There are plenty of coaches out there who do the same thing.  And like the post above states, parents know exactly who the coaches are before they sign up.

cb5602
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/10/2015, 5:39 pm

Frankly, I don't think that you represent the "we" and since you don't have the desire to post as yourself how do I know that you aren't the team manager or some club representative who wants to sweep it under the rug.

Like I said before, when the parents of the members who he upset pm me and tell me that Marcio apologized then and ONLY then will I give Marcio a break.

If you are on his team and being a kiss up to get on his good graces then shame on you.

Better yet if you can get SoccerDadRandy to agree with you I will stop.(he is a dyed in the wool Texan and I value his opinion)

My BB played throughout his entire youth academy on the Texans and represented the Dallas Division.

One of the most enjoyable players on his team who LOVED the game and was well liked by all members of that team washed out of Soccer entirely after 1 Season with Marcio.

Last year Marcio managed to push out 4 Elites to other clubs, boys that probably dreamed of Texans glory in their sleep so don't make light of what Marcio has accomplished in his one year with the 03B team.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 9/10/2015, 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : too harsh)
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 9/11/2015, 12:12 am

"Baaaaa", said the Sheep silent silent silent
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 9/11/2015, 8:02 am

I can appreciate that PLF said that. I did not know that about that coach and I always want more information than less about any situation that I put my child in. I had my issues with PLF last year on a thread he posted so it isn't as if I am pandering to him. Having said that I am glad he had the balls to post this and express what he thought. In the same light it is why I posted what I did about Stricker on the prior page. Bates was one of the most ethical coaches my son ever played for. The fact that the person who took it over was willing to steal the team and lie to get it shows he is morally reprehensible and has no ethics or morals. I think people should know that before they put their kid on that team.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 9/11/2015, 9:01 am

Everybody knows the 18th kid on the team doesn't play much, nobody thinks that their kid will be the 18th kid.   Everybody knows the coach plays defensively, nobody thinks their kid is gonna be stuck on defense.   Everybody knows the coach likes to curse and single out kids for a bit of humiliation, Etc.    

Well, maybe it's not everybody that knows these things.   I doubt the kids know.  

Some parents are more philosophical about the coaching techniques than others.   And there is always the parent/grandma who is going to claim child abuse when another parent may think it is fine.   Some 03 coaches mock.  Though less now, thanks a lot UIL.  Some coaches yell.   Some coaches probably seem like jackasses.   As a tourist observer, Marcio just seems to randomly curse in a non-instructional way at little kids.   Like he is confused into thinking that "you" is not a standalone word and must be ensued by "effing retard".   It's less funny than it might sound.   Have heard people say he is a great guy, except when he isn't.   

End of the day, what Marcio brings to the table is between he and Hassan.   It does seem like a bit of a brain drain in the 02-04 ranks at non-DTS Texans, for a variety of reasons including Marcio, but maybe that is a false perception.   I'm sure the teams are full and the checks are being cashed.  Which ultimately drives the bus.

Stricker always seemed fine to me, but I never let him handle my personal finances or gave him my AshleyMadison password.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 9/11/2015, 9:13 am

zero wrote:I can appreciate that PLF said that.  I did not know that about that coach and I always want more information than less about any situation that I put my child in.  I had my issues with PLF last year on a thread he posted so it isn't as if I am pandering to him.  Having said that I am glad he had the balls to post this and express what he thought.  In the same light it is why I posted what I did about Stricker on the prior page.  Bates was one of the most ethical coaches my son ever played for.  The fact that the person who took it over was willing to steal the team and lie to get it shows he is morally reprehensible and has no ethics or morals.  I think people should know that before they put their kid on that team.

As a counter to your perception, my kid played for Stricker for three years and I found him to be a great guy and completely trusted him around my kid at all times and felt he always had the best interest of his team at heart.  Perceptions vary on people but I really liked him and my kid had a great experience playing for him.  I would recommend anyone interested definitely check out his 03 team as the parents I have talked to on his team this year have all said they like him and think the team is doing well.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal1984 on 9/11/2015, 10:58 am

End of the day, what Marcio brings to the table is between he and Hassan.   It does seem like a bit of a brain drain in the 02-04 ranks at non-DTS Texans, for a variety of reasons including Marcio, but maybe that is a false perception.   I'm sure the teams are full and the checks are being cashed.  Which ultimately drives the bus.

--> From all of us on the outside-looking-in ... I'm sure Marcio seems like a very unsavory character at times. I don't know and I can't say .... I've never dealt with him directly. Regardless, "his system works" .... he is employed and answers to HN. Marcio is "successful" in the standings and will develop strong players, but at what cost and with what wake of collateral damage of discarded players + jaded Parents???

Like Number13 said ... the teams are full and the checks are being cashed ..... We "vote" with our $$$
Arsenal1984
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/11/2015, 11:38 am

Arsenal1984 wrote: 
--> From all of us on the outside-looking-in ... I'm sure Marcio seems like a very unsavory character at times.  I don't know and I can't say .... I've never dealt with him directly.  Regardless, "his system works" ....  he is employed and answers to HN.  Marcio is "successful" in the standings and will develop strong players, but at what cost and with what wake of collateral damage of discarded players + jaded Parents???
I think that is a good starting point to see just how successful he is at developing players.

Last year he had a high concentration of Texan elites who played their entire youth academy in D1 and always had top youth coaches like Gall, Pomykal, and Thornber who coached their last year of youth academy and their first year of classic league.

These players are in PA or have moved to other clubs so now Marcio will have to show us that he can be successful without BB's who were ready to go the day he took the team over.

The Texans are a big club, but they need winning teams to maintain their prestige so I am perplexed at the 02-04 gap that currently exists in the club. If being champions is what makes the club strong, then they should try to hold on to the player pool that makes it possible.

The basic concept for the club is for BB's to play and move up as they reach a higher skill and game level. There are many Texan BB's in CL and APL/PPL that will mature and develop to the high level teams if they are not forced to play up before they are ready.

Let's see if Marcio can turn this team into a champion or if his coaching prowess might just be a function of his player talent.

As for the Texans as a club one bad apple don't spoil it for everyone, but if I had a coach who was running my elites to other clubs, I would at least ask why.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 9/11/2015, 11:51 am

Management abilities aside. Marcio is probably the best one on one or small group technical trainer I have ever been around. "Coaching" is a broad term but he can definitely teach with the best of them. I'm old school and grew up with TRULEY abusive coaches in football and basketball. I'm not the best to give an opinion on what is acceptable abuse. I do know even Jurgen Klinnsman recently said until Americans can trash or harass a ten year old boy about blowing a goal scoring opportunity in a big game or tournament, we would be preparing our youth to be elite players on the world stage. In Germany that same youth would be verbally assaulted so that he worked even harder to not be berated next game. Now that's a pretty tough statement. But maybe explains how our youth are to soft.
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/11/2015, 12:04 pm

Wow, caught me off guard on that post, well all I can say is that when it is acceptable to take a ten year old and humiliate them off the pitch and then single them out at the end of game to take the blame for the final result then perhaps you and I don't see it the same way.

Lucky for our BB's that USSF doesn't see it that way either, but you let me know how many parents you sweet talk with that story and I will continue to stay on my side of the game that RESPECTS players and understands the 4 pillars...especially the Psycho-Social pillar that is essential for every player.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 9/11/2015, 12:29 pm

Sprint wrote:
zero wrote:I can appreciate that PLF said that.  I did not know that about that coach and I always want more information than less about any situation that I put my child in.  I had my issues with PLF last year on a thread he posted so it isn't as if I am pandering to him.  Having said that I am glad he had the balls to post this and express what he thought.  In the same light it is why I posted what I did about Stricker on the prior page.  Bates was one of the most ethical coaches my son ever played for.  The fact that the person who took it over was willing to steal the team and lie to get it shows he is morally reprehensible and has no ethics or morals.  I think people should know that before they put their kid on that team.

As a counter to your perception, my kid played for Stricker for three years and I found him to be a great guy and completely trusted him around my kid at all times and felt he always had the best interest of his team at heart.  Perceptions vary on people but I really liked him and my kid had a great experience playing for him.  I would recommend anyone interested definitely check out his 03 team as the parents I have talked to on his team this year have all said they like him and think the team is doing well.
\]

I can't speak to what it is like playing for him, but when you lie multiple times to parents and screw parents and kids over so that you can get a team you are a despicable person.  If a guy cheats on his wife every week, but is good to you it does not make him a moral person.

There is no counter to my perception.  Either he is immoral or he is not.  You can't be sort of pregnant.  Either you are or you are not.  Acting with morals some of the time, but disregarding them others does no make you moral.  You pointing out times he may have not been unethical does not counter the times he did not act ethical.

BTW he lied to all those parents who speak well of him as well.  If they find that acceptable and allow that it is fine by me.  Make no mistake I don't allow that to happen to me.  If someone else puts up with that then so be it.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 9/11/2015, 12:58 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Wow, caught me off guard on that post, well all I can say is that when it is acceptable to take a ten year old and humiliate them off the pitch and then single them out at the end of game to take the blame for the final result then perhaps you and I don't see it the same way.

Lucky for our BB's that USSF doesn't see it that way either, but you let me know how many parents you sweet talk with that story and I will continue to stay on my side of the game that RESPECTS players and understands the 4 pillars...especially the Psycho-Social pillar that is essential for every player.

i would have put quotation marks around what Klinnsman said but i don't remember exactly. I shared HIS thoughts on one to the differences between american youth players/parents/society to that of German culture. I don't sweet talk parents. If I were with Andromeda I would fully support the Coach my BB played for or leave. As long as I'm there, point out the positives. That would not necessarily make me a died in the wool Andromeda am Smile
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 9/11/2015, 1:11 pm

zero wrote:
Sprint wrote:

\]

I can't speak to what it is like playing for him, but when you lie multiple times to parents and screw parents and kids over so that you can get a team you are a despicable person.  If a guy cheats on his wife every week, but is good to you it does not make him a moral person.

There is no counter to my perception.  Either he is immoral or he is not.  You can't be sort of pregnant.  Either you are or you are not.  Acting with morals some of the time, but disregarding them others does no make you moral.  You pointing out times he may have not been unethical does not counter the times he did not act ethical.

BTW he lied to all those parents who speak well of him as well.  If they find that acceptable and allow that it is fine by me.  Make no mistake I don't allow that to happen to me.  If someone else puts up with that then so be it.

I am just going on my personal experience and what I have seen over the last five years and three of them in which my kid played for him. Not trying to change your mind and don't know about your discussions with any coach, just it seems completely off base compared to what I know about him and how he runs his teams. I never once saw or heard of him lying to any player or any parents on any team I have been involved with him so the accusation seemed out of the norm. Add to that the parents I know on that team like him and speak highly of him.

I would recommend him to any parent looking for a team.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 9/11/2015, 3:44 pm

Sprint wrote:
zero wrote:
Sprint wrote:

\]

I am just going on my personal experience and what I have seen over the last five years and three of them in which my kid played for him.  Not trying to change your mind and don't know about your discussions with any coach, just it seems completely off base compared to what I know about him and how he runs his teams. I never once saw or heard of him lying to any player or any parents on any team I have been involved with him so the accusation seemed out of the norm.  Add to that the parents I know on that team like him and speak highly of him.  

I would recommend him to any parent looking for a team.  

NO problem.  IF you feel that a person that lies multiple times is fine by you because they didn't lie to you then you absolutely should settle for that.  I choose not to.  My kid didn't get screwed over by him, but I know of two who did.  That is unacceptable to me and I expect better for my child.  You don't expect better for your child and that is fine.  I look at PLFs statement regarding the coach that is berating a player.  It wouldn't have to be my son for me to not settle on someone like that.  If you are willing to let your son play for a coach that berates and shames a 12 year old as long as it isn't your kid then so be it.  I personally don't settle in life.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/11/2015, 4:13 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:

i would have put quotation marks around what Klinnsman said but i don't remember exactly. I shared HIS thoughts on one to the differences between american youth players/parents/society to that of German culture. I don't sweet talk parents. If I were with Andromeda I would fully support the Coach my BB played for or leave. As long as I'm there, point out the positives. That would not necessarily make me a died in the wool Andromeda am Smile

The "sweet talk parents" remark was my attempt at a bit of sarcasm about the Klinnsman and German Cultural message that I knew wasn't yours, but I am glad to hear that you don't share the sentiment that we need start hammering developing players for making mistakes. (I think mistakes are important at a younger age and can help players to better define their limits and learn to make ad hoc adjustments so long as the coach is constructive when pointing them out)

As for the Dyed in the Wool remark, that is a compliment and in my way of thinking means that you like your club enough to be critical of its policies or personnel to guarantee that it lives up to what it purports to stand for. The Texans are too big and the brand is too strong to let any individual coach or manager sully it by allowing them to generate a whole bunch of negative posts that are well founded over a period of years.

Hint...MARCIO Apologize to your players and quit brow beating the 03B team or take the easy way out and move to a team chock full of superstars and continue to impress us with your coaching prowess. Please stop joy-sticking your players and cursing at them and by all means stop taking their parents $$$ for extra training if all you have is contempt for them.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 9/11/2015, 6:19 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:

The "sweet talk parents" remark was my attempt at a bit of sarcasm about the Klinnsman and German Cultural message that I knew wasn't yours, but I am glad to hear that you don't share the sentiment that we need start hammering developing players for making mistakes. (I think mistakes are important at a younger age and can help players to better define their limits and learn to make ad hoc adjustments so long as the coach is constructive when pointing them out)

As for the Dyed in the Wool remark, that is a compliment and in my way of thinking means that you like your club enough to be critical of its policies or personnel to guarantee that it lives up to what it purports to stand for. The Texans are too big and the brand is too strong to let any individual coach or manager sully it by allowing them to generate a whole bunch of negative posts that are well founded over a period of years.

Hint...MARCIO Apologize to your players and quit brow beating the 03B team or take the easy way out and move to a team chock full of superstars and continue to impress us with your coaching prowess. Please stop joy-sticking your players and cursing at them and by all means stop taking their parents $$$ for extra training if all you have is contempt for them.

i was humored and did take your comments as you meant them. no offense was taken. as to kids making mistakes, i too believe they are a necessity. even the pros blow shots over a wide open goal so,times. i've always tried to look at the "decision" the youngster makes. if a shot was the right decision, execution can't always occur. but if its the wrong decision (maybe a pass was warranted) then thats a teaching moment Smile
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum