Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Who is coaching your son?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who is coaching your son?

Post by meg1 on 6/15/2015, 10:08 am

You have to ask yourself who is coaching my son and does he really know what he is talking about?  Did your son's coach grow up as a missionaries kid, playing soccer in the streets of Brazil?  Was he a two time NCAA Soccer All American?  Leading scorer on his College soccer team?  Did he play for the US Olympic team?  Did he play professional soccer in both the US and Europe?  Does he hold a class USSF B license? Has he had over 20 years of coaching and training experience?  Google your coach then Google my son's coach, Steve Long.  By the way Samba King Soccer is looking for more 03 boys that want to go from good to great.  Want to be "Rei da Bola"?

meg1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is coaching your son?

Post by Fanofson on 6/15/2015, 2:04 pm

Your coach has definitely created quite a resume as a player. Definitely something to be proud of!
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman on 6/15/2015, 5:30 pm

Man I just called coach Mourinho after reading this post and he tells me he only played a little D2 in Portugal but that's about it. Screw it we are out.....never really like the guy much anyhow.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 6/15/2015, 5:33 pm

I didn't see where it says he played in Europe or on the Olympic team? scratch
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker on 6/15/2015, 5:53 pm

Axxman wrote:Man I just called coach Mourinho after reading this post and he tells me he only played a little D2 in Portugal but that's about it.  Screw it we are out.....never really like the guy much anyhow.
lol!
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy on 6/15/2015, 10:20 pm

meg1 wrote:You have to ask yourself who is coaching my son and does he really know what he is talking about?  Did your son's coach grow up as a missionaries kid, playing soccer in the streets of Brazil?  Was he a two time NCAA Soccer All American?  Leading scorer on his College soccer team?  Did he play for the US Olympic team?  Did he play professional soccer in both the US and Europe?  Does he hold a class USSF B license? Has he had over 20 years of coaching and training experience?  Google your coach then Google my son's coach, Steve Long.  By the way Samba King Soccer is looking for more 03 boys that want to go from good to great.  Want to be "Rei da Bola"?

fyi Michael Jordan was a horrible coach and a worse owner. but experience should help a good teacher, TEACH!
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 6/16/2015, 9:34 am

In my 43 years on this earth, it has been proven over and over again; players who were stars have a hard time transitioning to becoming great coaches.
In NBA, one of the best coaches ever Phil Jackson, did have a fairly long NBA career as a player coming off the bench. In fact as you look at the winningest coaches such as Poppa in San Antonio, Carlisle in Dallas, Don Nelson, Pat Riley there were all serviceable players during their pro careers at best. Look at the legends Magic, Larry Bird, Jordan, etc, none of these were coaches that set world on fire.
In NFL, Mike Ditka is the only notable player that was able to have a long successful career as a player and as a coach. In a recent Bleachers article it lists Ditka as the top player then names like Jim Harbough, Dan Reeves, and Gary Kubiak finding spots in the top 10. Names like Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, Belicheat in NE, Lombardi, never lit the world on fire as coaches but they were great teachers and motivators (probably due to alot of time on sidelines watching as players).
Even within our own glorious sport Arsene Wenger, Carlos Parreira, Arrigo Sacchi, Jose Mourinho, Rafael Benetiz, Andrew Villas Boas, Brendan Rodgers and Roy Hodgson are all some of the top soccer minds but none of these had professional careers that would impress anyone not at their family reunions.
Yes having the game experience can help some, being able to mentor in certain situations, which prior experience might come in handy, but it does not give them the ability to teach others.
I want a teacher, a mentor, a disciplinarian, a confidant coaching my son. I want someone my son can relate to and respect. Problem is it is harder to proove those things on a resume or a website. It has to be experienced.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone on 6/16/2015, 1:33 pm

Applause! Very well said "Fanofson"...
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down