Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

League Challenge Cup IX - Schedules & Match-ups

View previous topic View next topic Go down

League Challenge Cup IX - Schedules & Match-ups

Post by frauschlager on 5/20/2015, 9:46 am

Anyone want to make sense of the brackets and cross-bracket play for the League Challenge Cup for this weekend (let's pretend this tournament won't get rained out)?

CLASSIC DIVISION
Bracket A
1) Odyssey 03B
2) One World Soccer 03B (Pflugerville)
3) LFCA 03B - Fowler

Bracket B
1) LFCA 03B - Hunt
2) FC Houstonian 03B (Houston)
3) Solar Chelsea 04B - Farley

In-bracket rankings above are in no particular order. The cross bracket match-ups seem wonky (I never understand why they don't just make every team in bracket A play every team in bracket B when there are 6 teams, ensuring your ranking within your bracket is based on play against common opponents). I would think that the top team in bracket A would play the lowest team in bracket B. With Odyssey and LFCA Hunt set to pair off against each other, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thoughts?

https://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=42795&GroupID=404089

Last edited by frauschlager on 5/20/2015, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Cruz Azul comment inaccurate - must invest in better glasses)

frauschlager
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: League Challenge Cup IX - Schedules & Match-ups

Post by Number13 on 5/20/2015, 12:53 pm

I never saw Cruz Azul in this tourney.   But I wasn't checking much.  They don't look like they are in it now.

As far as the cross-bracket matchups,  our cross-bracket game seems like it might be a good one, so that's cool.   Let's assume your numbers really rank the teams from 1-3 in each group.   IF you played every team in the other bracket, everyone would play a 1, 2, and 3 team.    The way they have it now, everyone plays a 1, 2, and 3 team.   It's just the team with the same "rank" as you comes from the other bracket.   Or in other words, I have no idea.   Very Happy

Not really expecting to have this whole thing occur.  

Cheers
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by frauschlager on 5/20/2015, 2:43 pm

Numbers - your explanation is better than anything I could have come up with. I suspect the #3 in bracket B (Solar 04) will be in the playoffs, if not the finals (a talented team that has left many an 03B team licking its wounds). This is why I don't understand why you don't just have everyone play the entire tournament cross-bracket so that everyone in your bracket has faced the exact same slate of teams and can be rated accordingly. It also reduces the risks associated with mis-ranking teams (LFCA Fowler's cross-bracket game is against a team that could in fact be the toughest team in the opposite bracket).

*Mistake on the Cruz Azul comment, so I edited my first post. It is actually Ayses, and not the Ayses team I thought it was.

frauschlager
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum