Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Log in

I forgot my password


Castro tied?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 4/22/2015, 1:10 pm

@Jataca

I know a lot about it and am willing to post my opinions because I think that Bates should be publicly supported in the event that it becomes an issue.

Castro is gaining very little from 03B in classic and I think it's about time that they move to PA and start focusing on becoming a national champion.

Now is the time for 02 player movement into PA and a reshuffling of the Top 03B classic league teams.

The choices have been decided already by USSF so now is the time for some players to make a decision for PA or Classic, but not necessarily both.

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by GrimReaperD on 4/22/2015, 1:48 pm

For someone that posts so much and talks so much for that matter (to anyone that will listen) you sure don't know much.

Castro will keep both classic and pa, done deal. He's always liked having a B team or feeder if you want to call it that, and what better way to do that than this?

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by allen04 on 4/22/2015, 2:12 pm

I think GrimReaper is likely right. The PA team will open another six months worth of older 02 birth year players for Castro to pull from not to mention kids from outside Solar that will try to make their PA team. Any of his 03 birth year players will either play up on the PA team or remain solely on the Classic league team.
avatar
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Join date : 2010-04-15
Location : Allen, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by Number13 on 4/22/2015, 2:31 pm

Obviously you take the bye IF you can take the bye, right?   The Bye has actual monetary value.   That's an IQ test.   That's not a done deal until 14 kids sign on the line that is dotted.   But that also means that pretty much all of your kids, who may want to make PA their main deal, HAVE to play classic league as well.   There is a reason most of the better U13 kids in PA don't play CL now, they don't have any desire to play CL with/against a bunch of paste-eaters.

Well, whatever.   This is amateur hour, myself included. Ask jataca, 7thheaven, ocfc, striker6, gababa, lbystander, skillzski etc.   They probably know the deal, but may be bound by omerta.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 4/22/2015, 3:10 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:For someone that posts so much and talks so much for that matter (to anyone that will listen) you sure don't know much.

Castro will keep both classic and pa, done deal.  He's always liked having a B team or feeder if you want to call it that, and what better way to do that than this?  

Well he made it clear that he had no time or interest in a B team when he folded his B team so he could focus on his Select team that has obviously made quite an impression nationally over the last two years.

Castro has many top players that have no interest in practicing with a lower level team or competing for coaching time with one. I wouldn't see Castro taking a B team unless he absolutely had to and we all know what happens when you start dictating terms and  conditions to Diego.

I don't know why some parents fight the reality of the elite players and try to put everyone in the same category regardless of skill level. If the only measuring stick you have is a couple of wins then you are going to be confused over the long term wondering why we rank some teams higher than others.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by debit on 4/22/2015, 4:42 pm

Number13 wrote:Obviously you take the bye IF you can take the bye, right?   The Bye has actual monetary value.   That's an IQ test.   That's not a done deal until 14 kids sign on the line that is dotted.   But that also means that pretty much all of your kids, who may want to make PA their main deal, HAVE to play classic league as well.   There is a reason most of the better U13 kids in PA don't play CL now, they don't have any desire to play CL with/against a bunch of paste-eaters.  

Well, whatever.   This is amateur hour, myself included.  Ask jataca, 7thheaven, ocfc, striker6, gababa, lbystander, skillzski etc.   They probably know the deal, but may be bound by omerta.

You should get a extra star just for being the first to reference omerta on txsoccer.info

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 581
Join date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by skillzski on 4/22/2015, 5:39 pm

I vote an extra star as well #13 -one that can never be taken away - for the well conceived use of this word and it really could become its own thread on the forum or a private one.... But we know the reality that all the good stuff gets talked about off the forum in the great circle of soccer moms and dads alike usually over a cold frothy one at lunch, dinner or random events. The irony is that nothing is a secret in NTX Soccer and I always have people telling me things before they are about to happen or go down and somehow know all the intimate details of the how's, why's and when's, but at the end of the day the kids do not care about any of this and keep on playing soccer and as long as they have a field, a ball, and a goal they have fun and compete. I am sure with an investigation it will be found that the soccer bags / balls have possible bugs or wireless taps on them; coaches and clubs not knowing their info has been leaked through their confidants for $$$$; soccer moms collecting cash on bets of what will happen next. If anyone is in the movie/soap opera/novela business and wants to be more rich than some of the NTX coaches, this might be the place for all the goodies. It could even be called Omerta'. Casting and script writing could pretty much be free.


Last edited by skillzski on 4/22/2015, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
avatar
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 117
Join date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by GrimReaperD on 4/22/2015, 9:51 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
GrimReaperD wrote:For someone that posts so much and talks so much for that matter (to anyone that will listen) you sure don't know much.

Castro will keep both classic and pa, done deal.  He's always liked having a B team or feeder if you want to call it that, and what better way to do that than this?  

Well he made it clear that he had no time or interest in a B team when he folded his B team so he could focus on his Select team that has obviously made quite an impression nationally over the last two years.

Castro has many top players that have no interest in practicing with a lower level team or competing for coaching time with one. I wouldn't see Castro taking a B team unless he absolutely had to and we all know what happens when you start dictating terms and  conditions to Diego.

I don't know why some parents fight the reality of the elite players and try to put everyone in the same category regardless of skill level. If the only measuring stick you have is a couple of wins then you are going to be confused over the long term wondering why we rank some teams higher than others.

This is a chance for Castro to have a feeder team with A players. No disrespect to the previous B team but it consisted of B level players that he did not see a future with, and between Castro's ego and the kid's parents on that team, it was never going to work. In this case he will have a classic team with kids that have the potential to play at the higher levels and can even practice with the pa team now. What will be interesting to see is what he does with his own bb, which has not been playing too well as of late.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by krowdkontrol on 4/23/2015, 1:13 am

Someone mentioned that it's a done deal that Castro will get the 02 PA team for Solar. I heard that was the reason why he left in the first place was because he wanted the 01 PA team. This way he could put some of his talented 02 boys on that team and Kevin Smith said No. I also heard a rumor that they are going to decide who takes the 02 Solar PA between Stricker (current SR 02 coach) and Ray Deleon (current 01 PA and SR 04 coach).

Kevin Smith might of promised him the 02 PA coaching job to him if he brought his team back to Solar. I guess we will find out in a month when tryouts start up.
avatar
krowdkontrol
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 426
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Great state of TEXAS

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by ocfc on 4/23/2015, 4:21 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
GrimReaperD wrote:For someone that posts so much and talks so much for that matter (to anyone that will listen) you sure don't know much.

Castro will keep both classic and pa, done deal.  He's always liked having a B team or feeder if you want to call it that, and what better way to do that than this?  

Well he made it clear that he had no time or interest in a B team when he folded his B team so he could focus on his Select team that has obviously made quite an impression nationally over the last two years.

Castro has many top players that have no interest in practicing with a lower level team or competing for coaching time with one. I wouldn't see Castro taking a B team unless he absolutely had to and we all know what happens when you start dictating terms and  conditions to Diego.

I don't know why some parents fight the reality of the elite players and try to put everyone in the same category regardless of skill level. If the only measuring stick you have is a couple of wins then you are going to be confused over the long term wondering why we rank some teams higher than others.

This is a chance for Castro to have a feeder team with A players.  No disrespect to the previous B team but it consisted of B level players that he did not see a future with, and between Castro's ego and the kid's parents on that team, it was never going to work.  In this case he will have a classic team with kids that have the potential to play at the higher levels and can even practice with the pa team now.  What will be interesting to see is what he does with his own bb, which has not been playing too well as of late.

@GrimRD, you are kind of a t@&d to come on here and speculate (whine) about things first of all, and your an even larger t@&d to single out a kid. peace.
avatar
ocfc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by GrimReaperD on 4/23/2015, 5:59 pm

Here we go...

I guess time will tell if it's speculation or not. And if telling it like it is you consider whining, so be it.

And singling out a kid was not the intention but I see your point. It's nothing different than what most know and talk about anyhow. If my bb is not playing well I along with everyone else watching and talking see it too, don't get my feathers too ruffled over it. Hopefully he works hard to get better. But then again, don't you open yourself up for comments when you coach your own kid in this type of environment...

Peace Out

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by go99 on 4/23/2015, 7:06 pm

I wouldn't worry about ruffled feathers. I doubt Castro or his kid really give a $#it what you think about them.

Besides you really aren't doing anything until someone hates you for it. If his son was just a regular player you wouldn't have even bothered to take a jab at him.
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by GrimReaperD on 4/23/2015, 9:37 pm

Go99 to the rescue.........we all know you're a Castro lover........no need to defend him just to add to your post totals.

Nobody ever said the kid was not good, you obviously have to be pretty good to be on that team, whether your his bb or not.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by go99 on 4/23/2015, 9:51 pm

He is one of my sons favorite coaches but that's beside the point. There was no reason to even bring his son up, playing well or not. Your post and its content was fine until the end when you as an adult chose to take a shot at a kid.
avatar
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 4/23/2015, 11:03 pm

@GrimReaperD

Are you still hating on the Elites? I am surprised everyone has shown such restraint with your last few posts.

I let you slide because you're a noob and I know that most of what you post is because you are so excited about your good luck this year, but I think it's probably the time to throw in a few mea culpas before you get past the point of no return.

Don't forget that you are treading on other bb's dreams so I think you need to acknowledge that it needs to stop before you find yourself isolated and marginalized by your own actions.
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by Number13 on 4/24/2015, 8:50 am

On this whole subject it's possible that the rest of the 03s are just motherf-ing peanut butter and jealous.   They hate us, cause they ain't us.  

I didn't really have anything to add here, other than I still can't see how the North Koreans didn't think The Interview was funny.
avatar
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : Westlake Ghetto

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by HHsoccer on 4/24/2015, 9:17 am

@grimReaperD

Bad form calling out a kid on the forum. That kid looked pretty good last night at practice. Yes, we had practice after our game was cancelled. The beauty of Diego's program is that even if a kid is in a slump he is still intensely practicing 3-4x a week so he will get out of that slump much quicker.

Let me clear some things up that happened 2 years ago. Diego wanted that b team, fought for that b team, and firmly believed that his b team would be top 5 in classic league. But when numbers weren't coming together for whatever reasons, he told those boys as soon as he could so those kiddos could go find another team. That's the truth, not rumor, not gossip. His boys/program thrive on competition at practice, at games etc. He has always wanted 2 teams and was told he would get that at the Texans. That didn't happen, so he is moving on- doing what is best for his boys.

Regardless of our move back to Solar, this is a tricky time for this age group. PA vs. Classic league with some dual rostering happening. Who really understands it all.

But it says something that 100% of us left Texans to go with Diego, and hopefully enough stay so don't rule out keeping our bye. However it all shakes out, for my my BB, club name doesn't matter, standings don't matter(don't get me wrong it is nice to win), it's about coaching and about practices, and about making sure my BB is surrounded by the best players in North Texas so that he has to rise to the occasion, at each and every practice 3-4x a week. And yes, Diego's son is one of those players that makes my BB have to work harder.


HHsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by SnookumsConCarne on 4/24/2015, 9:48 am

Number13 wrote:On this whole subject it's possible that the rest of the 03s are just motherf-ing peanut butter and jealous.   They hate us, cause they ain't us.  

I didn't really have anything to add here, other than I still can't see how the North Koreans didn't think The Interview was funny.

LMAO!!!
avatar
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Join date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by GrimReaperD on 4/24/2015, 10:42 am

futbolcents wrote:@grimReaperD

Bad form calling out a kid on the forum.  That kid looked pretty good last night at practice.  Yes, we had practice after our game was cancelled.  The beauty of Diego's program is that even if a kid is in a slump he is still intensely practicing 3-4x a week so he will get out of that slump much quicker.

Let me clear some things up that happened 2 years ago.  Diego wanted that b team, fought for that b team, and firmly believed that his b team would be top 5 in classic league.  But when numbers weren't coming together for whatever reasons, he told those boys as soon as he could so those kiddos could go find another team. That's the truth, not rumor, not gossip.  His boys/program thrive on competition at practice, at games etc.  He has always wanted 2 teams and was told he would get that at the Texans.  That didn't happen, so he is moving on- doing what is best for his boys.  

Regardless of our move back to Solar, this is a tricky time for this age group.  PA vs. Classic league with some dual rostering happening. Who really understands it all.

But it says something that 100% of us left Texans to go with Diego, and hopefully enough stay so don't rule out keeping our bye. However it all shakes out,  for my my BB, club name doesn't matter, standings don't matter(don't get me wrong it is nice to win), it's about coaching and about practices, and about making sure my BB is surrounded by the best players in North Texas so that he has to rise to the occasion, at each and every practice 3-4x a week. And yes, Diego's son is one of those players that makes my BB have to work harder.



Agreed, I should not have brought up the bb, my bad. Wasn't really the point I wanted to get across, but what's done is done. Coaching your own bb just further adds to the complexities but he seems to handle it well and the parents seem to be ok with it, so be it.

The loyalty is impressive to say the least which as you mention says a lot. What I don't get is how the clubs keep taking him back, when they know in all likelihood it will be a short lived stay, if you go by track record. But in the end the clubs want the top teams regardless, for obvious reasons around here.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by soccerdadrandy on 4/24/2015, 10:52 am

so now the team will forever be known as "formally dallas texans"? lol
avatar
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2013-08-22
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by omega striker on 4/24/2015, 11:49 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:so now the team will forever be known as "formally dallas texans"? lol
they were "formally solar" before Texans Razz
avatar
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Posts : 4007
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : the eastside

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by soccerdadrandy on 4/24/2015, 11:55 am

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:so now the team will forever be known as "formally dallas texans"? lol
they were "formally solar" before Texans Razz

of course they were and when looking at their standings the "formal solar" stood out nicely. the irony is now they MAY be known as formally texans lol. of course insinuating the Texans built that team
avatar
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2013-08-22
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 4/24/2015, 12:13 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:
Agreed, I should not have brought up the bb, my bad.  Wasn't really the point I wanted to get across, but what's done is done.  Coaching your own bb just further adds to the complexities but he seems to handle it well and the parents seem to be ok with it, so be it.

The loyalty is impressive to say the least which as you mention says a lot.  What I don't get is how the clubs keep taking him back, when they know in all likelihood it will be a short lived stay, if you go by track record.  But in the end the clubs want the top teams regardless, for obvious reasons around here.

Good attempt at a mea culpa (7 out of 10 stars), you sound contrite and that speaks volumes.cheers

The reason a Top team like Castro can do what suits them is directly related to the prestige they bring to a club.  When parents want their bb's to play for a top club they look at the top teams in the club to decide what the club is capable of producing. When you go to the Texans and see their facilities, their club house and their organization, and then you look over their perfectly manicured fields and watch their "Elites" practicing, the only question that usually pops into your mind is,"Where do I sign?"

Of all the clubs that didn't need another top team, the Texans "are" that club so it was a shock to me when they added Castro, but I am glad for both Diego and Hassan that their unholy alliance has ended because I think Diego has a lot left to give his team going forward and everyone knows that his team is not a product of the Texans system even though Castro happened to snag a few of the Top Texan "Elites".

Castro isn't the only team working 4 days a week. The Texans added a residency program to their system that has now morphed into an after school program, but it still runs daily and can get your bb lots of touches and make it easier for him to qualify for an elite team.

FC Dallas is the "Platinum Standard" because everything the dark lord implements has usually been in response to what FC Dallas is already doing.  

FC Dallas is a Pro MLS club and it appears that the USSF will be favoring them over all others for the Pro Track (makes sense).

Reducing the number of DA clubs to a smaller number all but guarantees that consolidation of the top players in the older age groups will ultimately lead them to Frisco or to Ross Stewart (if the Texans pull off a national championship or the dark lord buys a pro team).

All these realities lead me to the single, simple conclusion that for the "Elite Levels" it's a "Business" and teams like Castro are the "Sizzle" that sells more players and parents to a club than anything else. As a "Business" Solar is smart to want them back because just like the Texans to FC Dallas, Solar needs the "Sizzle" to counter the "Texans".

Why else would they have made the "Chelsea" connection?
avatar
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 959
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum