Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Castro tied?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Castro tied?

Post by bigcountry on 2/14/2015, 11:09 am

Did I hear correctly that Castro did not score a goal today? It can't be

bigcountry
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: Castro tied?

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/14/2015, 1:32 pm

Odyssey put up a good challenge this morning and held them to a hard fought tie.

I don't envy the team that has to play them next week. No

Paddy's Boys won't have to play them again until State or SuperCopa and you can be sure that Castro will have his team ready to return the favor.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 2/14/2015, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/14/2015, 2:02 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Odyssey put up a good challenge this morning and held them to a hard fought tie.

Paddy's Boys won't have to play them again until State or SuperCopa and you can be sure that Castro will have his team ready to return the favor.
Maybe the City FC program is paying off for Odyssey.

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/14/2015, 2:42 pm

RunningWithScissors wrote:
Maybe the City FC program is paying off for Odyssey.

Makes sense because they are playing up in age group like Castro does at most tournaments and the PA teams force them to play a more physical and direct style of play.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcountry on 2/14/2015, 4:32 pm

Moral of the story is that they are not invincible.

bigcountry
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 2/14/2015, 8:42 pm

every team has a day when the shots hit everything but twine and the players are lackadaisical. When this happens, though, Castro's usually snap out of it or do enough to get it done.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/14/2015, 9:59 pm

nearpost95 wrote:every team has a day when the shots hit everything but twine and the players are lackadaisical.  When this happens, though, Castro's usually snap out of it or do enough to get it done.

I think this game was well played and Castro had to settle with a tie.

They didn't have a bad day and they played with their usual amount of tenacity and skill, but Odyssey was able to muster up some offense and counter well enough to force DT Castro to defend their goal which doesn't happen very often.

There were some excellent shots on goal and set plays from DT Castro that usually go undefended, but today Odyssey was able to keep those attempts out of their goal and keep the game level.

All in all, it was a good result for Odyssey and Castro is such a strong team that getting a tie against them is a noteworthy accomplishment.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 2/15/2015, 12:14 pm

Good game overall with not a ton of excitement. Not taking anything away from Odyssey because their kids did play well, but they had to play a very different game with their RB out and they dropped their MF back and played very defensively (not saying they parked the bus) because they did counter very well at times and put TXN's on their heels and had some free kicks that could have been dangerous. The TXN's had the ball the majority of the time in their half, but could not make much happen in their "half court - midfield" offense. These are the games that coaches, teams, and kids should learn from. At the end of the day, a result is a result, and each kid lives to play another day and learn from their experiences on and off the pitch. If each child gave 110% and tried their best that is all a parent can ask for. Kudos to Ody and their kids because no team does more with the 13-14 players they have on thier team than they do.
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/15/2015, 12:48 pm

Odyssey played Castro as peers and the notion that Castro has no peers has been put to rest in Classic League forever.

Odyssey didn't have their starting central defender and adjusted to compensate for the imbalance while still maintaining their offensive capability.

Castro attacked many times with different players and all of their excellent shots were blocked and countered.

There is no mystery to this game and the result was clear and should not be sullied with statements about "parking the bus" or playing an 11 man defense because that was clearly not what happened.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 2/16/2015, 8:39 am

Shrug.  That game wasn't real pretty.  It wasn't any different from the game in the Fall in terms of general competitiveness, though the Fall game had more scoring chances both ways, perhaps due to PK in first minute.   But that isn't saying much, this game probably featured less than five unblocked shots on goal from run of play.   I can only really think of two.   TXN won/lost possession further up the pitch from Ody on whole, particularly in first half, but the majority of the game was just a furball of mostly sane slide tackles and hustle/aggression in midfield with rare moments of calmness and not a lot of successful forward passes.  

Ody games have featured less goals scored than any other 03 CL team (tied with Faber) so nothing too groundbreaking here.   Most goals at this age are scored due to bizarro defensive errors or physical disparity and there weren't too many of them in this game, and no moments of brilliance to change that.  

As Ody parent nice to see the kids fight through low #s and iffy health and have some mental fortitude to play better in second half when tired, but as Winston Wolfe would say...lets not start sucking each others popsicles quite yet over a draw.   BB told Castro player after the game "you guys outplayed us" and Castro kid said "that is the most positive thing I'm expecting to hear in the next two hours".    Very Happy Then we grabbed a Slurpee and went home and took a nap, cause just little kids still.  

We played indoor the next day and zombied our way through it, but largely outplayed by more motivated 04s.  So still a ways to go.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcountry on 2/21/2015, 4:49 pm

Now bates beat Castro?

bigcountry
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 7thHeaven on 2/21/2015, 4:56 pm

Yup. Bates played a good hard game and finished their chance. Along with the GK making some amazing saves. Tomorrow is another day.

7thHeaven
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 2/22/2015, 8:27 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Oops. Looks like someone crapped the bed with that comment

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by geauxred88 on 2/22/2015, 9:06 am

zero wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Oops.  Looks like someone crapped the bed with that comment

LOL!

geauxred88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/22/2015, 11:46 am

zero wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Did I miss something? Did you walk all over Castro? I guess you will have to show us what you can do against Castro at State or perhaps SuperCopa.

For a team that is working hard to be in the top 5 you need to learn the rest of the requirements that make you respected such as classy behavior.

It's nothing but a chuckle for me because I already know who you are and Zero is your freudian slip, but suits you to a tee.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 2/22/2015, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because the Zero can't figure out what I mean sans "the")
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 2/22/2015, 11:56 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
zero wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Did I miss something? Did you walk all over Castro? I guess you will have to show us what you can do against Castro at State or perhaps SuperCopa.

For a team that is working hard to be in the top 5 you need to learn the rest of requirements that make you respected such as classy behavior.

It's nothing but a chuckle for me because I already know who you are and Zero is your freudian slip, but suits you to a tee.

Know who I am?  I have no issue of you knowing who I am and I promise you have no clue who I am, but if you somehow did I simply don't care.  Yes you missed something.  You feel sorry for the team that just beat Castro?  Why?  Explain how that makes sense.  I don't care what happens in state to Supercopa (which BTW I don't think we qualified for), but when you make a stupid comment own it.  Unlike you I won't make a stupid comment like "I feel sorry for whoever plays Solar next week." In the future what you may want to say is that you are interested to see how Castro comes out after a tie.  So let me repeat it.  You crapped the bed with your comment.  Do I feel sorry for the team that plays Castro next week?  No.  I know enough to know that 11 year old kids in D1 are all pretty close talent wise and a few breaks here and there decide a game.

Your second statement makes no sense (as I am sure it is a typo), but without the correct grammar in it I am not sure what it means.  Not attacking your writing, but I simply don't understand it.  

Finally for those that did not see the game both teams played well.  Castro had about 4 legitimate scoring opportunities and just couldn't convert and Solar had 2 legitimate and scored on 1.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/22/2015, 12:40 pm

You make me chuckle....stop digging, you already sound extremely desperate to be relevant and frankly it's not working out.

You are not going to convince the Top 5 teams of anything just yet and none of them are fazed by your over exuberant comments.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 2/22/2015, 12:47 pm

Huh?  WTF are you talking about.  What am I digging.  You simply wrote one of the stupidest comments that most here have ever read.  Now you look foolish.  Instead of worrying about me clean up the bed you crapped in and try not to do it again.   Also I haven't written one comment about how good or bad anyone's team is.  Learn a little reading comprehension.  I also have not tried to convince anyone of anything.  The only thing I am convinced of is how utterly stupid your I feel sorry for whoever has to play Castro comment was.  Thank you again for reinforcing that feeling.

Last edited by zero on 2/22/2015, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD on 2/22/2015, 1:37 pm

PLF is a complete idiot, all there is to it. How sorry do you feel for Solar Red today? You are the one that is digging, you made an idiotic statement that did not come true, now own up to it instead of talking more trash.

As for Castro, that's what happens when you are a better recruiter than coach, eventually it all starts catching up to you. Yelling and screaming and threatening to take your team elsewhere only gets you so far, eventually you have to teach some skills before others start catching up. Oh yeah, he doesn't believe in skills....just scrimmaging all day. He will be further exposed next couple years in pre academy and academy, by which time Hassan will yank him and he'll be off to Andromeda.....nowhere else left to go.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/22/2015, 3:02 pm

I realize that it's difficult to play in the shadow of technically brilliant top 5 teams, but to marginalize Castro's team that is full of talented and technically brilliant players is hilarious.

Your hubris can only be matched by your contempt for the top 5 teams, maybe you will feel better next year when these players make the move to Pre Academy.

That darn Castro, Pino, Leite, Adames, Gallagher with all their silly small sided games and incessant national tournament challenges and playing up in age division are just gonna get it when they Play in Pre Academy.

I think this thread should be renamed to  "Return to the Big Dig" because each reply is more silly than the last.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 2/22/2015, 3:04 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:PLF is a complete idiot, all there is to it.  How sorry do you feel for Solar Red today?  You are the one that is digging, you made an idiotic statement that did not come true, now own up to it instead of talking more trash.  

As for Castro, that's what happens when you are a better recruiter than coach, eventually it all starts catching up to you.  Yelling and screaming and threatening to take your team elsewhere only gets you so far, eventually you have to teach some skills before others start catching up.  Oh yeah, he doesn't believe in skills....just scrimmaging all day.  He will be further exposed next couple years in pre academy and academy, by which time Hassan will yank him and he'll be off to Andromeda.....nowhere else left to go.
He will be exposed for what again? Those of us on his team have no problem with his coaching and dedication to the team. BB loves and enjoys every practice. Don't kid yourself with the skills comment... congrats and enjoy your win.
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 on 2/22/2015, 3:22 pm

Grim it looks like you forgot the b on the end of your username. Db

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 2/22/2015, 3:26 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:I realize that it's difficult to play in the shadow of technically brilliant top 5 teams, but to marginalize Castro's team that is full of talented and technically brilliant players is hilarious.

Your hubris can only be matched by your contempt for the top 5 teams, maybe you will feel better next year when these players make the move to Pre Academy.

That darn Castro, Pino, Leite, Adames, Gallagher with all their silly small sided games and incessant national tournament challenges and playing up in age division are just gonna get it when they Play in Pre Academy.

I think this thread should be renamed to  "Return to the Big Dig" because each reply is more silly than the last.

First I want to commend you on getting this far in life with little to no reading comprehension skills.

So you named the coaches of the #1, #2, #3, #5, and #6 teams and that is top 5 for you?  Now my 3 year old knows that #6 is not in the top 5 and has never been.  

Now as for other teams I simply don't follow other kids that have nothing to do with my team.  That is called creepy.  From what I have seen teams #1 to #7 (maybe only #6) can pretty much give each other a game on any given day.  My absolutely amateurish opinion on Castro is his team is very good.  Their plan (at least of the games I have seen) is ball control to the max, move it around, wait for a mistake and take advantage of it.  IMO as kids age the mistakes happen less AND the ability to recover from those mistakes becomes better AND the ability of a help defender to cover a mistake has become easier for the kids.

Finally to see Castro get pissed at his players who played a good game (which he always seems to do) I find a bit ridiculous, but if people want to subject their kids to that it certainly is their choice.

ETA:  Also don't read into this as having hubris from me at least.  We will finish anywhere from 2nd to 9th this year and we will most likely win some, tie some, and lose some.  What I won't do though is make a stupid comment and then try to backtrack at a later date.  I own what I write.  Oh and Castro will finish 1st this year.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/22/2015, 3:58 pm

Oops....now that you realize you've been digging that hole it probably smarts to find that nobody shares your opinion.

It's ok, redemption is just a new username and password away.

As for the top 5 we usually decide that at the end of the season chuckles.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by zero on 2/22/2015, 4:06 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Oops....now that you realize you've been digging that hole it probably smarts to find that nobody shares your opinion.

It's ok,  redemption is just a new username and password away.

As for the top 5 we usually decide that at the end of the season chuckles.

In the real world we decide things are what they are today. I suggest you go watch any sport in America. I have yet to find one that either during a season or during a match (game) where a person calls someone in 4th place as being in 6th place. I have also yet to hear anyone call someone who is in 6th place as being in top 5.

You also said we? Who is we? Are there people who also say comments as utterly asinine as yours?

I would be willing to put up $100,000 in cash to a trust account with your $100,000 that if we go ask 10 people who the 4th best team is and hand them the standings that 1 person (most likely many more than 1) will choose the 4th place team. Since you stated nobody shares that opinion it should be easy money for you. Winner take all. We both know you won't take that action though because you have already proven that you barely understand the working of the real world.

Again I commend you on making it this far in life. It is truly amazing.

zero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum