Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Tx Lightening Sampaio

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tx Lightening Sampaio

Post by Fanofson on 4/14/2015, 12:43 pm

Itscalled, where did you hear that about D2?

Number 13, thank you for the education.

Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 4/14/2015, 2:21 pm

nearpost95 wrote:
frequent flyer wrote:Since TX Lightning is no longer, how will the league handle the promotion and regulation slots?  Will they still promote two from D2, drop down one from D1 and promote 3 from D3 to D2?  If that is the case, how many byes will there be in D3?  Right now, D3 will have two promoted and 3rd and 4th place get a bye for the challenge tournament, correct?  

Very likely.

In normal circumstances, D3 promotes 2 and the remaining 8 must re-qualify - the 2 teams that are dropped from D2 are exempt from qualifying.
This year they changed the rules for D3. Top two teams move up, 3rd and 4th team get byes for the challenge tournament and the remaining 6 fight to keep their spots in D3 in the challenge tournament.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 4/14/2015, 2:27 pm

itscalledfootball wrote:I was told they are relegating just one from D2
Not fair to the second place team for both D2 and D3. If that is the case then I assume that in D3 2nd through 4th place get a bye and the remaining 6 play in the Challenge tournament.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 4/14/2015, 2:36 pm

frequent flyer wrote:
itscalledfootball wrote:I was told they are relegating just one from D2
Not fair to the second place team for both D2 and D3.  If that is the case then I assume that in D3 2nd through 4th place get a bye and the remaining 6 play in the Challenge tournament.

Its the exact same deal for the 2nd place team in both d2 and d3. Top two D2 teams move up. Top two D3 teams move up. Since only one D1 team drops to D2 (since Lightning disappeared), then only one D2 team drops to D3. Now the challenge tourney is playing for 9 spots.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 4/14/2015, 2:49 pm

Seven spots up for grabs if they did give byes for 3rd and 4th in D3 as someone mentioned.

If i understand this scenario, if the season ended right now, only Liverpool Toshack (9th) would move from D1 to d2, Liverpool Hunt and Cruz Azul would move to the two spots open in D1. This puts D1 at 10 teams.

Toshack would join 3rd thru 9th currently in D2. Add NTFC black and Andromeda (both tied for 1st currently) in D3 to get to 10 teams for the D2.

Liverpool Fowler would go to D3 and if 3rd and 4th get Byes that means 7 spots open. Am I following this right? I understand there are still a couple games left and names may change but just looking to see if I have the concept down.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 4/20/2015, 4:53 pm

Fanofson wrote:Seven spots up for grabs if they did give byes for 3rd and 4th in D3 as someone mentioned.

If i understand this scenario, if the season ended right now, only Liverpool Toshack (9th) would move from D1 to d2, Liverpool Hunt and Cruz Azul would move to the two spots open in D1. This puts D1 at 10 teams.

Toshack would join 3rd thru 9th currently in D2. Add NTFC black and Andromeda (both tied for 1st currently) in D3 to get to 10 teams for the D2.

Liverpool Fowler would go to D3 and if 3rd and 4th get Byes that means 7 spots open. Am I following this right? I understand there are still a couple games left and names may change but just looking to see if I have the concept down.
That would make sense and be fair. I wonder how many teams will go for the 7 spots in D3? I don't see PPL being that competitive with the exception of the top two in their now. I don't know anything about Arlington and what they have out there. It might end up the same group of D3 teams with the exception of Juventus.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 4/21/2015, 8:10 am

sounds about right. I think most of the 7 teams will come from Arlington D1.  A lot better competition.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum