Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

When is it too early????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When is it too early????

Post by Soccermom0307 on 12/14/2014, 4:05 pm

When is it too early to start looking for other options...our current one isn't working...so come June/July I guess 03gk will be looking... If anyone has questions, let me know!!

Soccermom0307
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: When is it too early????

Post by nearpost95 on 12/14/2014, 5:13 pm

Never too early to research other options and to watch a few games to see coaching styles and behaviors during games. If you know you will not stay with current team, you need to do the following:

The day after the spring league season ends and before April 1, go to North Texas and get a "release to rec". This does not mean that BB has to play rec, just means he cannot sign with a new competitive team until July. This gives you TOTAL FREEDOM to practice with and guest play with anyone who will have you. Gives you much more time than just June to find a better fit, and you don't have to get permission from your current coach. Lots of tournaments in April and May.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by passfast on 12/15/2014, 12:20 pm

It's never too early! I have been in your situation and there's nothing better than when you find the right coach. We are with Ed Puskarich, on an older team, but he has '03s. He is discplined yet the boys love him. He is having a Christmas camp, and it's legal for your son to attend those...

December 26th, 27th, 28th – Holiday Soccer Camp –
This camp is designed for individual players that will focus on technique, small sided games, repetitive skill, and enjoyment.

Time – 10am – 12 pm each day

Ages - boys/girls 5-14 years old

Site – Michael Johnson Sports Performance Center
6051 Alma Rd
Mckinney, TX 75070
Facility is located just north of Alma and 121, camp will be conducted on the turf field on the back side of the facility

Cost - $50 per camper, checks made payable to Ed Puskarich, campers may participate for any or all 3 days. Price will be adjusted.

Special Guest Staff appearance by Eddie Puskarich III, Professional Player currently playing in Denmark!

Please contact Ed Puskarich to reserve your space for the camp.

Contact info is as follows;
Ed Puskarich, 972-562-3293 or EPuskarich@gmail.com

ISN’T IT TIME YOU GOT SERIOUS ABOUT SOCCER!

Happy Holidays!

passfast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermom0307 on 2/12/2015, 1:34 pm

nearpost95 wrote:Never too early to research other options and to watch a few games to see coaching styles and behaviors during games.  If you know you will not stay with current team, you need to do the following:

The day after the spring league season ends and before April 1, go to North Texas and get a "release to rec".  This does not mean that BB has to play rec, just means he cannot sign with a new competitive team until July.  This gives you TOTAL FREEDOM to practice with and guest play with anyone who will have you.  Gives you much more time than just June to find a better fit, and you don't have to get permission from your current coach.  Lots of tournaments in April and May.

Looks like we will more than likely be doing this. Seems like the plan is to only do one tourney after the regular season, Classic QT Memorial Day weekend. Which means that's two month of rotting away with no real work put in. So if anyone out there is interested, please PM me. Can give more info after PM. Thanks.

Soccermom0307
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 2/13/2015, 10:36 am

If your 03 GK is a starter it might be difficult to get a release, but if he is the secondary and GK is his choice of position PM me and I will help you find a good team based on his ability.

If he is the starter I can help get you some additional training free of charge with some 03B D1 GK's that will not conflict with your team obligations.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermom0307 on 3/28/2015, 3:56 pm

So here we are...what was supposed to be the last game of the Spring season for our 03 BB GK. Due to rainouts we still have 5 games remaining. BB walked off the field unhappy again today. Kids yelling at each other, bad play, etc. Only enjoyable training sessions he's had are at ODP training on Sunday's and that's over for the season. Parents: should we get the release (whether to rec or signed by the coach) or tough it out?? Rumors are this team is dissolving anyways...

Soccermom0307
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 on 3/29/2015, 5:58 pm

Deadline is April 1.  Rules state releases by coach or automatic to rec must come prior to or on April 1.    No point in getting release from coach unless he also approves a transfer to another competitive team.  A transfer would allow participation in remaining league games, State Cup or Classic qualifying if you chose to sign with another team during a short window of opportunity.

Roster freeze dates:
April 15 - Classic League qualifying
April 19 - State Cup

If the coach will not allow your BB to transfer,  or you would rather be free into June, take the rec release.  It really sounds like you and your son will be miserable and in bondage until June.   Take the path to relief. Easy for me to say though. If you stay, get training with other GK coaches as recommended by another poster.

Last edited by nearpost95 on 3/29/2015, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extend)

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum