Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

LP Hunt 03 Coach removed?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LP Hunt 03 Coach removed?

Post by tni12001 on 9/25/2014, 9:30 pm

Heard LP Hunt coach Schell was let go by the club today. Have friends who are parents on the team, and they're still in the dark about the reason for the removal. Not sure if it's true, but if so, anybody have the facts?

tni12001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: LP Hunt 03 Coach removed?

Post by frequent flyer on 9/25/2014, 9:46 pm

tni12001 wrote:Heard LP Hunt coach Schell was let go by the club today. Have friends who are parents on the team, and they're still in the dark about the reason for the removal. Not sure if it's true, but if so, anybody have the facts?
Wow, I wonder if he will go with his brother at Roma. I heard about some rumblings. Wonder if Frankie will take over that team as well. I guess for the club its better to do it now than to have all his kids leave with him at the end of the year. Even though he was hard on the kids, I liked him and his coaching. Liverpool seems kind of in a funk right now at this age level.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tni12001 on 9/25/2014, 10:09 pm

Roma kinda makes sense, but not so much in the first half of the CL Fall league?? Dunno, no big deal. Just curious.

Last edited by tni12001 on 9/25/2014, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Retarded)

tni12001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks on 9/25/2014, 10:32 pm

Gotsoccer page lists Wilco as the new coach. Also has a Roma logo on the page...really strange.

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/26/2014, 6:56 am

If I were a betting man, maybe he was at odds with Trevino player passing his kids for his own benefit.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hugeronaldofan on 9/26/2014, 9:11 am

mpcls55 wrote:If I were a betting man, maybe he was at odds with Trevino player passing his kids for his own benefit.  

Don't go to Vegas!

hugeronaldofan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 on 9/26/2014, 11:02 am

I know Dominic tried to move both his 03 teams to Roma in the spring. he could not get 100% parent approval on the move. He then lost one of his teams to Frankie within Liverpool. I am not sure if he gave it away or it was taken but Frankie had coached it pretty much all year. I know Dominic took his kid off Tim's team for this year as Dominic and Tim had a major blow up. (Tim being Tim I am sure)

It will be interesting to see if the team goes with Dominic (who has them in first in D2) or stays with Liverpool. My money is on the Team going wherever Dominic goes.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 on 9/26/2014, 11:54 am

I would be surprised if by this summer there was a single TFC coach remaining with Liverpool.

LP can then set there sites on another club to consume.
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/26/2014, 1:30 pm

I feel sorry for the handful of good coaches @ LP.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German on 9/26/2014, 2:56 pm

According to GotSoccer his
03 are coached by Wilco and team name is Liverpool 03 Hunt and club info is Roma FC
00 are coached by Schell and team name is TFC 00B and club info is Roma FC
97 are coached by Schell and team name is TFC 97B and club info is Liverpool FC

How do we enter all this information in the survey?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. "
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks on 9/26/2014, 3:23 pm

I feel sorry for the kids. Hunt is having a good season. From my experience, it is a good group of kids and parents.

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 9/26/2014, 4:07 pm

German: If you are referring to the Club/Coach Turnover survey, the last question is fill in the blank. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1u2V_BrDnM2ffvwz7Cs7hQU6e40bsKMxLSwGs5Uq-xNk/viewform?usp=send_form

So far as someone on another thread had predicted.....Liverpool is in the early lead even without this event being officially captured yet.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/26/2014, 9:13 pm

The way I have interpreted the rules, if a coach can get 100% buy in, the team can move clubs as a unit. Wonder if they will be able to keep it together? There is also a cutoff date for when things like this can happen. In theory, they could potentially hold their Classic spot and just change club affiliation. Too bad if it doesn't work out, because this is a team with some potential.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/26/2014, 9:16 pm

-

Last edited by Liverpool_Parent on 9/26/2014, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inaccurate info)

Back to top Go down

Post by tni12001 on 9/26/2014, 9:50 pm

Well, I started this, guess there's some obligation to pass along facts I've learned. Per a conversation tonight from a LP Hunt parent: Marathon parent/coach/director meeting was held tonight. There was a Roma(recurring) element involved that led to the release. There also is not a 100% buy in to follow the coach, so team probably remains LP unless some additional schizophrenic NTX soccer drama develops. New coach(Wilco) is taking the reins effective immediately. He appears to have a full plate already with multiple older D1/D2 teams, but parents were told his priorities will shift to help the 03s(anyone have experience with Wilco?).

Plot twist is that the released coaches son will remain on the team. Second twist is there's some tepid momentum within LP directorate to pursue reinstatement of released coach.

Over and out.

tni12001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/26/2014, 9:53 pm

tni12001 wrote:Well, I started this, guess there's some obligation to pass along facts I've learned. Per a conversation tonight from a LP Hunt parent: Marathon parent/coach/director meeting was held tonight. There was a Roma(recurring) element involved that led to the release. There also is not a 100% buy in to follow the coach, so team probably remains LP unless some additional schizophrenic NTX soccer drama develops. New coach(Wilco) is taking the reins effective immediately. He appears to have a full plate already with multiple older D1/D2 teams, but parents were told his priorities will shift to help the 03s(anyone have experience with Wilco?).

Plot twist is that the released coaches son will remain on the team. Second twist is there's some tepid momentum within LP directorate to pursue reinstatement of released coach.

Over and out.

I heard released coach is still coaching the team this weekend as LP also. On the flip side, word on the street is that Wilco is an excellent coach.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballwork on 9/26/2014, 10:40 pm

Wilco appears to be a great coach by all accounts. Should be a positive influence on the situation.

A coach gets ousted and then welcomed back, perhaps. Funny that a coach can get away with even this and parents are disregarded in so many ways in the system? The ones that pay the way?

This is LP's deal. Who knows what really happened. Hope the best for the kids involved.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast_04 on 9/26/2014, 11:31 pm

My BB is an 02, but I have been reading this thread.  Never heard of this coach before, then after reading this thread, saw this article on the NTX website:

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/story/2014/08/13/fathers-journey-from-north-texas-odp-to-mls-charts-course-for-son/

Looks like he has some determination and could be a good asset to a club with his experience.
Beast_04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 10/6/2014, 5:15 pm

Any more news on Dom's destiny?
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger_moore on 10/6/2014, 8:49 pm

Club politics aside, the guy is a good coach and he will land good! His brother already has a club FC ROMA.

Roger_moore
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 10/7/2014, 6:53 pm

Brother's club is actually called Dallas Roma FC, which Dominic played for in 2006. A google search brings up many articles...here is one: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/03/17/12/14/romas-love-for-the-game-shines-through-at-open-cup

Yes, I agree he will land good.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity on 10/8/2014, 9:08 am

Hope Dom will land good, but what about his players? Somehow, mysteriously, my post about what I think about the replacement coach has disappeared?????
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 10/8/2014, 9:28 am

I hope he lands well. That would be good.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity on 10/8/2014, 11:07 am

Talked with Admin....I guess I am okay in reposting:

Be careful expecting too many positives from the replacement coach. Coach Arrogance doesn't have a great reputation amongst those experienced in playing with or against him. Not the worst, but definitely not one of the best.
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman on 10/8/2014, 1:13 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Talked with Admin....I guess I am okay in reposting:

Be careful expecting too many positives from the replacement coach.  Coach Arrogance doesn't have a great reputation amongst those experienced in playing with or against him.  Not the worst, but definitely not one of the best.

Please tell me who one of the best is?

Once you do that I will find you many comments about him just like the one you just made.  And quite honestly, I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with saying that.  You know of a competitive coach around these parts that isn't arrogant in one way or another?

I assume you are talking about Wilco and if that's the case, I can tell you that the majority of players and parents playing with him don't have much if anything negative to say.  Tells it like it is and gets results.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum