Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas Red Pritchett vs. Liverpool Fowler rematch

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FC Dallas Red Pritchett vs. Liverpool Fowler rematch

Post by ballwork on 9/22/2014, 11:25 pm

Player Pass is just a way for coaches to post a win for sure. I don't like it personally as the coaches pick their teams and should work with what they have. I wish I could just add personnel willy nilly to get my specific projects done day in and day out. Most coaches don't use more than 13 players in a game if you really take a good look at it. It's not that those are the best players, it's just that most coaches can't process time management well and what development really means. Of course those are the same ones that say development is key.

Beyond that, the crew that approved the exception both in the Classic office and at the field before kickoff cemented this particular case in my opinion. They played, it should be the result.

ballwork
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/23/2014, 7:00 am

ballwork wrote:Player Pass is just a way for coaches to post a win for sure.  

In scenarios where Player Pass is used for a player to "transfer" to a higher team, it sometimes provides a player who is developing faster than his surrounding teammates (D2 or D3) an opportunity to be exposed to a higher level of play (D1). When used properly, it can be good for the development of a particular player who may be setting himself apart from a team that is developing slower. In my opinion, it is a good tool. If the club is truly considering what is in the best interest of the club and the player, not the ego of each individual coach, I don't see it is problematic.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/23/2014, 7:02 am

worldcup2026 wrote:I would not be surprised if team Trevino did that as he is a shady character.

Whether factual or not, this game had nothing to do with Trevino, as none of the players that played were from his team.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by donovansucks on 9/23/2014, 7:07 am

Agreed MPCLS...in all fairness to Fowler (and Trevino), I don't believe this had anything to do with Trevino players. I also believe Fowler did not have enough players to field a team that day, but I am not 100% sure (maybe a Pritchett parent can confirm). This also doesn't justify bringing the other LP players over who are also in D2 IMO.

donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by protayus on 9/23/2014, 9:43 am

mpcls55 wrote:In scenarios where Player Pass is used for a player to "transfer" to a higher team, it sometimes provides a player who is developing faster than his surrounding teammates (D2 or D3) an opportunity to be exposed to a higher level of play (D1).  When used properly, it can be good for the development of a particular player who may be setting himself apart from a team that is developing slower.  In my opinion, it is a good tool.  If the club is truly considering what is in the best interest of the club and the player, not the ego of each individual coach, I don't see it is problematic.  

Agreed.

Player pass is great IMO, rules seem pretty well laid out with exception of the random "transfer to higher ranked team" line that should be removed. For our stream lined roster of 14 (all actually playing) it lets us bring other players out who otherwise wouldn't have gotten to play that day. It lets players get touches against higher competition. Gives us a way to protect against player/position shortage due to injury without actual transfers. Ultimately you can only bring out up to 3 players (with roster ceiling in mind) from a team playing in a lower division.

Now of course you could abuse the tool and roster stronger players on lower teams then transfer when you approach the 75% deadline, but most player/parents wouldn't want to sign a contract to a lower team and most clubs/teams/Coaches don't actually work together to that degree.

I'd actually like to see a Goalie Pass, where goalies are allowed to play multiple games a day with almost any team within the club. A lot of teams only roster 1 goalie where an injury can leave you very exposed, and sucks to be a goalie on a team with 2 goalies or a JIC backup. This way a team could bring a backup when one is available, or a goalie who only gets a few touches during a game can play with a team where he gets a bigger opportunity to develop.

protayus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03lovingsoccer on 9/27/2014, 1:06 am

They were from LP Hunt's team.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 9/27/2014, 8:02 am

I'd actually like to see a Goalie Pass, where goalies are allowed to play multiple games a day with almost any team within the club. A lot of teams only roster 1 goalie where an injury can leave you very exposed, and sucks to be a goalie on a team with 2 goalies or a JIC backup. This way a team could bring a backup when one is available, or a goalie who only gets a few touches during a game can play with a team where he gets a bigger opportunity to develop.
I agree with the following comment. Will be nice to see a goalie pass to play on multiple team or guest play when needed for another team

Last edited by Soccer27 on 9/27/2014, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum