Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Plano Labor Day team list - 03's

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day team list - 03's

Post by mpcls55 on 8/28/2014, 2:13 pm

Number13 wrote:I don't know anything about anybody else but its not unreasonable that LP Elite, with a new coach and probably some disappointment over not staying in D1, does not have the same roster that they had last year.

Dammit mpcls55 beat me to it.  

yes, but you said it so much more eloquently Laughing

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03lovingsoccer on 8/28/2014, 2:14 pm

I think Pritchett finished 2nd in D3 last year, not D2.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 03lovingsoccer on 8/28/2014, 2:18 pm

I guess that would be D2 being they don't have 3 divisions at u11.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/28/2014, 2:45 pm

03lovingsoccer wrote:I think Pritchett finished 2nd in D3 last year, not D2.

Last year D3 was called D2 because we only had 2 divisions.
https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=33026

Pritchett and Elite had good results at TSC and Elite held Solar Bates to 1 point and frankly missed an opportunity to win or level which was impressive.

Faber and Pritchett promoted and appear to be swinging for the fences ever since so that is why I thought that Pritchett should follow Faber into the Gold division and see what the top 5 D1 competitors can offer them.

Bracket 2 is a dream bracket for D2 teams because DT Dallas will flat out tune you up if you don't bring your "A" game and they will play you straight up so it is an excellent opportunity to see if you can hang with the #3 D1 team without having to Kung Fu fight it out. Ayses vs DT Dallas is gonna be fun to watch because they both play possession and keep the ball down.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad68 on 8/28/2014, 7:19 pm

Predictions:

Gold Division

Bracket 1

1) FC Dallas Premier
2) Liverpool Rush
WC) Oklahoma FC

Bracket 2

1) Dallas Texans Dallas
2) FC Houston Mana
WC) AYSES Gold

Bracket 3

1) Dallas Texans South
2) Odyssey

FINAL

Odyssey over Dallas Texans South

SILVER A Blue

DIV1

1) Mexico FC
2) Andromeda FC

DIV2

1) CSA Lobo Rush Premier
2) Dallas Texans Red

DIV3

1) Liverpool Fowler
2) Dallas Texans Red North

DIV4

1) Liverpool Hunt
2) FC Dallas Red

FINAL

Mexico FC over CSA Lobo Rush Premier

SILVER A Green

DIV 1

1) Titans FC

DIV 2

1) FC Dallas Central
WC) Dallas Texans Midcities

DIV 3

1) KS Rush Wichita
WC) Rangers FC Gold

DIV 4

1) Liverpool Callahan
2) FC Dallas White
WC) FPS FC Black

Final

FC Dallas Central over Dallas Texans Midcities

SILVER B

DIV1

1) NWAL Lightning Strikers
2) TASC Eagles

DIV 2

1) TSC Hurricane Ragland
2) Austin Texans

DIV 3

1) FC Tyler Thunder
2) Tulsa Nationals Black

DIV 4

1) Texas Lightning Pickard
2) TUSC Blitz United White

FINAL

FC Tyler Thunder over Texas Lightning Pickard

soccerdad68
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 8/29/2014, 2:18 pm

03lovingsoccer wrote:I think Pritchett finished 2nd in D3 last year, not D2.

Prithett picked up a lot of new players during the try out period. They had over 40 kids come out to try out for Premier and his team in early June. A few of the FD Dallas Premier players moved down to his team. They are pretty solid and I wouldn't be surprised if they do well in D2. The same thing happened at Texans with Woodberry. They had over 20 kids come out for 4 spots. Some were accepted, some moved down to him and some were offered positions with Badii's team. They are also stronger than they were last year.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer on 8/29/2014, 2:28 pm

Fanofson wrote:Frequent Flyer, not that I am doubting you but I would like to understand your logic. The D2 team that finishest highest in classic D1 last year of all those religated to D2 for the U12 season. The team with a Gotsoccer north Texas ranking of #3. the team who was a semi finalist last year in the same tournament in the gold division. This team is right where they "should be" in Silver but yet teams that finished 2 and 5 spots below Elite (in classic D1) or in case of Pritchett 2nd in D2, they are considered trophy hunting because they did not elect to "go gold". I definately applaud Ayses Gold for seeking to play better competition. Looking at the bracket they are placed in they should be rewarded with advancement.

Gotsoccer is misleading in more ways than one. Elite (Fowler) is a brand new team that kept their spot on D2 because the club owns that spot. I think their might be only one player that stayed with this team. Everyone else left. I am not saying they are not a decent team but they are all new playing together for the first time and only been playing together for a couple of months. They have some players they got from other D2 / D3 and PPL D1 teams. It will take time for them to gel and from what I hear, the new coach is making some good strides.
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/29/2014, 2:49 pm

If a few Premier players moved to Pritchett's team....and a few Premier players moved to Castros team...or Andro PA....or an '02 team...who the heck is on FCDP? Is that where all the LP Elite kids are hiding? Youth soccer is wacky.

We are bastion of stability with 9 of 14 being returnees.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/29/2014, 3:18 pm

I heard Schell/Hunt landed some excellent LFCA Elite players including the big GK and Forward and a very strong Midfielder so I will be very interested to watch them play. I also heard that they were getting tuned up by scrimmaging Trevino and from what I understand they are gaining a lot from the internal competition within the club.

I am not saying anything about FCD Premier till this weekend is over because I can't imagine that they didn't try to back fill their losses even though I am confident that they are not a net neutral on their replacements. (They lost some top players and our player pools are well scouted so it is not clear how well their replacements will play against the top.)
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 8/29/2014, 8:46 pm

A good portion of the LP Elite kids landed in Schell Hunt. Some went elsewhere. I think Dom's Hunt team will be a serious contender in D2. As for FCDP, they will be fine. It's always a marketing machine. I mean who doesn't want to play @ FCD?? Definitely not net neutral, but no lack of talent there. I think this weekend will be very telling for many teams.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 8/31/2014, 9:16 pm

Not a lot of surprises so far. Congrats to all the N.Tx teams for making it an all Texas semi final tomorrow.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/1/2014, 10:41 am

mpcls55 wrote:Not a lot of surprises so far. Congrats to all the N.Tx teams for making it an all Texas semi final tomorrow.

Watched games yesterday and I totally agree that the top teams are advancing into Monday. DT South strong as ever, FC Dallas played great, the Dallas Texans have played well and Solar Gold continues to prove that they can play to their strengths against any of the top 5 teams.

Today's games should be fun to watch and each team has proven their ability.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/1/2014, 1:22 pm

Some really tough games left Solar Gold and FCD to battle it out in the finals. Both DT teams were really good. It's going to be interesting in Classic.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 9/1/2014, 1:43 pm

All the best to FCD and Solar Gold for a great final.
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/1/2014, 5:13 pm

Congratulations to Solar and FC Dallas for making the Final and to FC Dallas for showing us that they are still as strong as ever.

I thought FC Dallas would be working hard to get a top 3 spot based on their recent player changes, but they have proved that they are capable of challenging for the top spot with their excellent tournament play and Championship finish.

As for Solar Gold I thought that they would work hard and move up in the rankings, but with the determination they showed this weekend it looks like they might be flying up in the rankings and garner a top 5 spot instead.

Classic D1 03B is going to be more exciting than ever.

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/1/2014, 5:32 pm

Well put PLF. Great competition this year

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad68 on 9/1/2014, 5:37 pm

Agreed PLF.  Every week should be exciting this year.  FCDP is still a very dynamic team (regardless of the losses) with speed at attack and great possession play. It still remains to be seen if the rest of Classic D1 have closed the gap with Castro, but there will be at least 6 teams in the fight for #2.  Great tournament this weekend.

soccerdad68
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 9/1/2014, 6:40 pm

TFA over Dallas Texans(Castro) 1-0 in United cup final in So Cal
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/2/2014, 8:13 am

PatsDad wrote:TFA over Dallas Texans(Castro) 1-0 in United cup final in So Cal

Thanks Pats. Took a minute to register what "TFA" was. I hear that Total Futbol is an amazing squad. Saw some other snippets of tourney footage. Became obvious the other clubs definitely brought super teams to the Copa, as they looked far less impressive than they did a few months ago. Congrats to DT Castro, TFA and any other teams from S. Cal that folks on the N.Texas forum care about on what looks like a stellar tourney (from an outsider perspective).

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 9/2/2014, 8:57 am

Our Pats team have several players out with injuries right now and have struggled since Texas. We even lost our Center back Sunday in the quarters to a broken leg. I thought the Texans played well, they were missing a forward/winger I think? Very good final by both teams.
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 on 9/2/2014, 9:04 am

PatsDad wrote:Our Pats team have several players out with injuries right now and have struggled since Texas. We even lost our Center back Sunday in the quarters to a broken leg. I thought the Texans played well, they were missing a forward/winger I think? Very good final by both teams.

Well, good luck on a speedy recovery. It's always a shame to see significant injuries, especially at this age. From what I've seen of that team over the last 2 years, I anticipate them pulling it together and competing next June.

Yes, DT was missing one of their main scoring threats as well.

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 9/2/2014, 9:12 am

My son remember the missing forward, said he's very good!! It's tough when teams are missing players.. Good to see Texans come out to Cali, hopefully they had some fun. They saw most of the top teams.
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 9/2/2014, 9:36 am

Had a ton of fun. Well organized tournament, loved the scenery, extremely large but nice pitch, and great completion. Kids got their feet in the ocean a few times. What I appreciated was the mix of strong physical (not dirty) and disciplined technical play, Final was a tough battle and the game fought end to end. I believe both sides had 3-4 chances max all game. Kudos to TFA (one of the best teams I have seen in this age group nationally) as they were extremely gifted and talented, came out quick and sharp, and the Texans were on their heels and a bit nervous. Texans gave up a goal on some sloppy play and TFA's relentless effort paid off. Once everything settled in it was back and forth and every time the Texans had them on their heels, they could not muster anything. Looking forward to seeing all these teams play again soon one day.
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 9/2/2014, 11:00 am

DT Castro represented NTX Soccer well this weekend and nearly managed to pull off the win while missing one of their top starting players.

We expect California to bring Super Teams to our tournament's in Texas and it great for all of us to see that we are so equally matched with the top tier teams in California as DT Castro has proven over the weekend.

We need more soccer competitions between our two states to develop our players to the highest levels and to strengthen the friendship between our wonderful soccer communities.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PatsDad on 9/2/2014, 11:34 am

It was a good final, I thought your team had more buildup in the second he and just couldn't get that final shot off. Your injuried forward is a handful. Injuries have really hurt our team so I understand missing key players. Hopefully we will see you more. Surf Cup in Aug is a great event. Maybe next time we can get some more quality teams to play, Real So Cal, FC Golden State PDA, Oxnard, my son was excited to see you come play and was very dissappointed we struggled to advance again. Congrats on a good tourney run.
PatsDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski on 9/2/2014, 12:03 pm

Miso and injured players is tough and hurts all teams and we did miss our player and should be back rather quickly.. Best of luck with the recovery of your son's teammate PatsDad. Surf Cup would be fun because the kids are out of school and could spend some extra time at the beach and attractions in SoCal. It is a much prettier view watching futbol with swaying palms and an ocean breeze...
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum