Texas Soccer
If you don't have an account yet, click register AND send me an email to TXSOCCER.NET@GMAIL.COM and I will activate the account.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League 03B Division 1 Predictions

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classic League 03B Division 1 Predictions

Post by urahater on 8/11/2014, 10:49 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Red Fury:

I realize that you are proud to be on Leite's team, but I gave you an honest opinion that was well thought out regarding your realistic position in the top 5. Perhaps I was a bit too liberal in placing you as high as the #3 position, but I think that the new players and coaching will make you competitive enough to challenge the late 02's that exist in most, if not all of the division 1 teams.

I will go out on a limb now because your post was so crass and you deserve a little comeuppance.

The number one (1) Dallas Texans SC West team is head and shoulders above you and frankly you have absolutely no chance of winning against them this year or next unless they all go to PA and forgo Classic League (see how I did that?). Ironically for a team full of great passing players they also have your team's all time "Best" ball distributor so I am sure that you will know what to expect when he is heading towards your defending third and your impenetrable 3-5-2 formation.

FC Dallas may be readjusting and may have a few weaknesses with the loss of some (a lot) of their top players, but Leite will struggle against them and most likely be unable to successfully defend against their fast attack if he runs a 3-5-2 formation. If I call the FCD high speed attack the "Deja Vu Attack" then maybe you will get my meaning.

Dallas Texans SC South are tough and gritty and have had your number since the State Cup (when you got beat with last years "weaker" version of the 3-5-2). I know a few 02B teams that got to experience their brand of football this weekend and I know what DTS has in store for you this season so I wouldn't get too "LIPPY" about the "Dirty South" or they might just give you a score line that won't make you too happy.

Odyssey is a strong team and plays as a unit and has gained some additional offensive and defensive players that will help them to refocus their efforts up top and give you something to defend. Your Goalkeeper was a great addition to their defensive efforts, but hey you already know that right?

Now for the really bad news... Bates and Trevino, what will happen if they do the unthinkable and start playing with the intensity to break into the top 5 (for real)?

Oh well, perhaps you can vent that fury again and then you will have 2 posts on the forum.

OH AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... NO TEAM IN D1 SUCKS!

Calling D1 teams and players "Cellar Dwellers" is an all time low, but then again since you are posting from the only basement in Texas I can understand how life might be little skewed for you.

As far as I remember the DT goalie assisted the FC DALLAS forwards 4 times.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookem 5 on 8/11/2014, 10:56 am

I figured one of you would have retorted "Yes Mom"...Good reply #13.
Hookem 5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/11/2014, 10:58 am

I second that, especially the running part. Beneath that cool exterior Hookem 5 might actually be planning a world takeover soon so I would keep a keen eye open.

On topic: Sorry I gave you two players from Castro, one good player from Castro will be just fine. You wouldn't happen to know where we could find the other one would you? Wink
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 8/11/2014, 11:05 am

Hookem 5 wrote:(Off topic)
I agree with Odie and #13...what is going on here.   I prefer that we leave the smash talking and ugly diatribes to the other age groups and prove that the 03 group is above all this, (or maybe some of us aren't).  There are times I want to post some snippy retort, but it isn't worth it.

I don't always love playing certain teams and I'm always hopeful to have my bb's team do well, but not at the expense of hurting or abusing someone on this forum or on the field.  It's fine to have a difference of opinion, just keep it respectful.  Many of us are going to be on this soccer journey for a long time together and some of us will only be here a short time, wouldn't it be better to have congenial relationships on the field and on the forum rather than create ugliness that can't be undone.  

I, for one, want to try to keep relationships on and off the field positive.  I want to visit with other player's families and watch them develop as much as I want that for my son.  Players will change teams, and come and go from soccer, so keep the bigger picture in mind.  Our kids pick up what we put out and eventually model that on the field and in life. Watch out for what you are modeling, because it is really easy to say, anonymously on a forum that which you would never say to someone in person.

(On topic)
PLF,  Rankings are probably right on for the start of the season.  I could see things playing out similar to how you ranked especially the top 5, except for maybe FC Dallas...I worry that they lost a lot of strength.  There was a lot of movements on all teams except #1, so I think the 2nd half of the season will be a better indicator to how the teams will eventually be ranked after they all jell.

To set the record straight, and I 100% know this, the DT Dallas team picked up one Castro player-not 2 and not 0.    

Here comes the politics, LOL, one phone call and you can get your BB in any tournament.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/11/2014, 11:07 am

urahater wrote:

Was it just 4 times? I don't remember it being that good (I think the Texans GK gave up more goals to Castro and Pino in two games than he did for the rest of the games all season combined). Whatever it was, is the reason why I would suggest waiting for the PLD tournament to play itself out before passing judgment on the quality of this years FC Dallas high speed attack.

Yep! 7 goals to Castro, 5 goals to Pino and then 7 more for the rest of the year. (Yikes!)

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 8/11/2014, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 8/11/2014, 11:12 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
urahater wrote:

Was it just 4 times? I don't remember it being that good (I think the Texans GK gave up more goals to Castro and Pino in two games than he did for the rest of the games all season combined). Whatever it was, is the reason why I would suggest waiting for the PLD tournament to play itself out before passing judgment on the quality of this years FC Dallas high speed attack.

I think it was more of their 3 defenders saving them all the time.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander on 8/11/2014, 11:21 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:

On topic: Sorry I gave you two players from Castro, one good player from Castro will be just fine. You wouldn't happen to know where we could find the other one would you? Wink
Actually, there were two that used to play for Castro. Go back and dig, young man.
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/11/2014, 11:24 am

urahater wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
urahater wrote:

Just like in that Leon game right?
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookem 5 on 8/11/2014, 11:32 am

Again to clarify, one Castro player that joined DT Leite was on Castro's Classic League team.  We also picked up a player that  periodically guest played with Castro in tournaments as well as other teams throughout last year as he did not sign with any team.  He is a City Futsol player, so I would not consider him being on Castro's team as he played with many teams last season. Unless I am mistaken. I could be.

Are you going back farther?  One of our defenders played with Castro before going select.

If you are talking about from last year, then I am at a loss for who the 2nd player is.  I wrote down every name for every kid that came to open practices and one of the questions was what team are you currently signed with.

Last edited by Hookem 5 on 8/11/2014, 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Hookem 5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/11/2014, 11:32 am

Ibystander wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:

Actually, there were two that used to play for Castro.  Go back and dig, young man.

If you are talking about the FDSP player then you are correct, but I put him as a Texan first (Gall) even though he played for Castro also.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by British steel on 8/11/2014, 1:10 pm

Castro team is Creme de la Creme of the 03 group.  It will remain as the # 1 with no problem. One question here is if the move to the Texans will be beneficial or not.

DTS south will be # 2. The new player will solidify defense and make the team stronger.  Excellent asset for a well coached and already equilibrated team.

Regarding FCDP, without the players formed since the Snell era, the team necessarily has to be reinvented taking advantage of the game style  and good players that are still  there. With the addition of GK, an import from Lightning and LP they will try to keep the team in the highest.  Maybe the team will be struggling at the beginning but it will be a strong team in the long run. FCD is a magnet for good players.

DT Leite is a mystery since is a new team with a new coach.Many players came from different teams and coaching styles, including the GK, the free agent, the Castro and the ones from the extinct LP elite.  Challenge here is to integrate talent, personalities, into a system.

Solar Red has also one or two Castro's.
British steel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/11/2014, 10:31 pm

DT South played very well this weekend against some 02 teams and their new players got a chance to show off their strengths.

I am looking forward to their upcoming fixtures in the Beat the Heat tournament this weekend when DTS gets to play the top Oklahoma teams and the Division 1 Solar Chelsea Gold team.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RedFury on 8/11/2014, 11:15 pm

PLF.....is this forum your social life?

What was that Plato quote about fools having to say something.......

RedFury
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/11/2014, 11:21 pm

Red Fury are you getting a little worried now that you've stepped in it, or are you just hoping that I will go along with your silly attempt at nervous humor?
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 8/12/2014, 8:12 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
urahater wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:
urahater wrote:

Just like in that Leon game right?

LOL really!!

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/12/2014, 8:19 am

Ah ha! I guess you were there then  cheers cheers 
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by urahater on 8/12/2014, 9:35 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:Ah ha! I guess you were there then  cheers cheers 

The only way to beat them is by stacking your defense and playing the long ball to your only forward.

urahater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad68 on 8/12/2014, 12:53 pm

This is the reader's digest version of PLF and Red Fury's pre-season predictions along with what I estimate their predicted finish's are based on their comments:

PLF:
1) Dallas Texans West - Castro -  should stay #1, improved roster, 4 days/week practice.
2)  Dallas Texans South - Adames - Group is even stronger this year.  Great performance at Super Copa
3)  Odyssey - Gallagher - New formation, new weapons for great distributor, improved defense
4)  Dallas Texans - Liete - new coach with new formation likely.  will make a push second half
5)  FC Dallas Premier - Pino - lost many players. need time to come together
6)  Solar Red - Bates - added a few players, still needs to jell.
7)  Liverpool Rush - Trevino - potential spoiler
8.  Solar Gold - Joy - Big, strong, great set plays, need to push attack.
9)  Liverpool Toshack - Wright - needs to play with more confidence
10)  Texas Lightning - Sampaio - lost too many players, will need time to develop

Red Fury:

1)  Dallas Texans West - Castro - Too many ego's will cost them in time.
2)  Dallas Texas South - Adames - no original comments
3)  Dallas Texans - Liete- no real formation but a system.  will challenge for 2 by end of season
4)  Odyssey - Gallagher - by default #4 due to FCD predicted 5.  Could be #3 with better coach.
5)  FCD Premier- Pino -  coach doesn't develop players, but is a good scout
6)  Solar Red - Bates - one trick pony that added no impact player
7)  Liverpool Rush - Trevino - in trouble due to club being disorganized.
8. 9) 10) - Texas Lightning - Sampaio, Liverpool Toshack - Wright, Solar Gold - Joy - apparently a toss-up as all of these teams are going to "get pounded"  Just not enough good players for these teams.....

Thank you PLF for insightful, well thought out and researched information.

Red Fury... shut the hell up.

soccerdad68
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/12/2014, 1:05 pm

Near consensus.   No need to play the season out.   See you guys next year. Wink
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint on 8/12/2014, 1:19 pm

Number13 wrote:Near consensus.   No need to play the season out.   See you guys next year. Wink

Just as the 04s go into hibernation, the 03s pick up the slack. Well done. Evil or Very Mad 

Congratulations on 3rd place by the way, that was a nail biter of a finish.  Wink 

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 on 8/12/2014, 1:44 pm

Sprint wrote:

Just as the 04s go into hibernation, the 03s pick up the slack.  Well done.  Evil or Very Mad 

Congratulations on 3rd place by the way, that was a nail biter of a finish.   Wink 

There must be a lot of 04s playing up into u12.  Only plausible explanation .

Did bbs team get 3rd?  Sweet.  Does that get us the same jack + shite as finishing 1st or 2nd or 4th or 5th etc?

Of course I reserve the right to ex post facto assign more significance to finishing higher if they were actually to do so.
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/12/2014, 5:11 pm

urahater wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:Ah ha! I guess you were there then  cheers cheers 

The only way to beat them is by stacking your defense and playing the long ball to your only forward.

Are you still bitter about that DT Goalie you've been dogging since youth academy? I heard he got even TALLER this year.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RedFury on 8/12/2014, 5:34 pm

Apparently the rocket engine business is slow, because PLF and his assistant 68 have the time to go research and intelligently comment on all the D1 03 teams around, which makes them the know all and tell all of the bunch. Lets see who has to shut the hell up in the end tough guy. I'll summarize it eloquently for you in the end right before shoving a sock in your mouth.

Just keep listening and believing in PLF, he'll surely tell you how it is and how it should be done. Worked out well for him at the Texans.

RedFury
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan on 8/12/2014, 5:51 pm

Geeze Kitten, I thought you were harmless at first but threatening to shove a sock in my mouth on a public forum is about as smart as thinking that a person who refers to grown men as "Gossip Bitches" would have actually read the Plato quote that he posted.
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanofson on 8/12/2014, 7:11 pm

I sure hope the actual players who in the end will decide all of this do it with a bit more maturity than what we are demonstrating here.
Fanofson
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad68 on 8/12/2014, 9:00 pm

Fanofson, I'm just trying to get my third star. I think you level up at 200 posts.

soccerdad68
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum